Author Topic: TEAM: MIAMI KILLER WHALES  (Read 12387 times)

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: MIAMI KILLER WHALES
« Reply #500 on: September 20, 2018, 02:35:19 PM »
I'll have a chat with him, try and keep the confidence up. I liked our defensive work this week, our linebackers have had more of an impact in the last couple of games. When Carlson returns I feel like we could be even stronger in the playoffs. Any adjustments needed for Music City you feel is necessary?

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 20, 2018, 02:53:32 PM »

No, I don't think we need to change anything.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 20, 2018, 03:03:33 PM »
Thanks coach. Can you ask Roman to come to see me.

--

Roman, I just wanted to have a quick chat. We are playoff bound and I want to ensure that these last couple of games haven't knocked your confidence. You have played a key role for us throughout the season, and will be a key figure going forward.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 20, 2018, 03:44:26 PM »

Thanks boss, I'll try not to miss again.. I know it hurt the team.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 21, 2018, 07:05:25 AM »
You've been banging them in all season Roman, yes it hurt the team, but overall, you have aided us on path toward the playoffs. Keep that in mind this week.

--

Selina, pass this note to our coaches, thanks.

'Same defensive set-up as last week'

LOCK IN.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 22, 2018, 05:55:34 AM »
S10 WEEK 18 - PLAYOFF

With the playoffs starting, what is your number one priority as the GM?

My priority is to ensure the players that hit the field for us are in a game plan and a mindset that gives them the best chance of succeeding. We have had a few frustrating results but performances as a whole have been strong throughout the season and I just need to ensure we as a whole maintain that level.

Who was your regular season MVP for the league, and also on your own team?

I am going to give a joint MVP to our running duo of Ralph and Haas, I just canít pick between them. They are the dual threat no one was expecting this season, they both have their style and what makes them dangerous to a defence, and this has given us the ability to trouble almost every defence we have played with our running game.

What is the biggest match up this week for your game?

In the context of the league, Alabama vs DC would have been a potential final a couple of seasons ago. GM Pancho has got them winning a lot recently, partially carried by Robles, but they have sneaked by ourselves and Orlando recently and DC are in for a tough one.

What will it take to advance to the next round of the playoffs

We are 1 for 1 against Charlotte after we got sunk by this ridiculous field goal a few weeks ago, but I feel we are in a better place defensively at the moment, we are getting to the QB a lot, and with that pressure, I just donít Sullivan being able to maintain the kind of performance he put up against in their win. We need to keep them out of field goal range as often as we can, manage the ball well and limit their opportunities to drive down the field. We are making plays defensively and offensively at the moment, and I confident in us progressing to the next round.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 22, 2018, 11:27:27 AM »

For a lot of our players, this is a first.  Playoff Football.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 22, 2018, 11:36:25 AM »
For us as well Coach. Any of those journalists look a bit confused during that presser? Feel like I may have mis-heard some of them...

Anyway, Charlotte are up, and I really don't want a repeat of what happened last time! I do feel like our defense is really firing at the moment though, we are getting a lot of sacks and not giving up much return, especially with Carlson back. Surely they'd need something special from Sullivan to pose a threat to us? Am I under-estimating them?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 22, 2018, 11:48:27 AM »

They are more talented than some give them credit for, but I don't think they are as good as their record indicates either.

They struggled without Sullivan, which means we stop Sullivan then I don't think Spurgeon can beat us on his own.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 22, 2018, 01:30:45 PM »
That is something I feel we are more than capable of doing. We'll stick to the same gameplan as last week and kick off the post-season with a victory.

LOCK IN.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: September 23, 2018, 08:23:49 AM »

A first appearance in the playoffs as a franchise and our first win, one of many to come I hope. We progressed quite comfortably in the end, but I have to credit Charlotte for their tenacity and fight they put up, especially after losing their talismanic QB. Aside from them catching our defense cold at the start of the second half, they never really threatened us with Ligon at the helm, but they did a fine job containing us at times. I felt overall we performed well though, we will need to step up our game in certain areas to continue our path toward the championship but a dominant victory at this stage of the season is always welcome.

Who was the most vital person in your victory?

Campbell was outstanding tonight, he constantly pinned them back and gave them the extremely difficult task of the driving down the field. His performance and our defensive pressure ensured we had a strong field position throughout most of the game. Chow also had a very good game, lead the way in tackles and got three sacks, we have begun to really see him flourish in these games lately and he could be a vital player for us in the next tie.

Talk about your opponent, what do you have to do to win?

It goes without saying that this is the biggest match in our franchises' history, but it is also our toughest match of the season. I said leading up to the playoffs that St Paul would be probably the toughest matchup for us, but I also stated how I relished the opportunity for us to test ourselves against them. They have a team packed full of All-Stars, and it is a make or break season for GM Gooch, he assembled this team with the intention of it winning the championship this season and they will have to go through us to do it. Whilst they have some great players and solid defensively, I do feel we have the better of them in some areas. We need to stop the run, keep up the kind of pressure we have been putting on QB's lately, and find the gaps in their defense. It is going to be a tense game, but all the pressure is on them, they are favorites, they have invested heavily in this season and the GM needs the win. We are more than capable of upsetting them.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 23, 2018, 11:36:18 AM »

This one is a monster test.  We're #3 in points per game and #2 in Rushing..  They are #1 in points allowed, #1 in Rushing Defense.. but I see our strength being that they only score 26 points per game, we are #3 in scoring allowed..  We have the edge when it comes to execution.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 23, 2018, 01:05:17 PM »
I feel the game might be a grind, but like you said, I feel we have the edge offensively whilst being strong enough to hold them off on our defense. We need some of our guys to step up though, we can't afford as many drops from Richards and Randolph. And I am assuming we are only passing to Long in situations where no one else is open? Seems like we have been going to him a lot in recent weeks and he is dropping most of them.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 23, 2018, 01:40:08 PM »

Yeah I don't get to control who we throw to, on pass plays everyone runs routes, we throw to who is available or open. 

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 23, 2018, 02:01:09 PM »
Of course, Coach, just wasn't sure if we were operating more passing plays recently where we were looking for a TE. Well, we can't do anything about it at this stage of the season, certainly something we can look to improve in the offseason though. I am going to let you guys get straight to practice, everyone knows what we need to do.

Let's stick with our recent strategy and give St Paul more than they can handle!

LOCK IN.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 25, 2018, 03:19:37 AM »
S10 WEEK 21 - ELIMINATED

Talk about your exit from the playoffs, what does it mean for you and your team going forward?

Look Iím not going to rub salt into our wounds over this, we are obviously very disappointed in being knocked out at this stage, but also in the manner of how we were defeated but it has been a very good season for us. It did highlight some key areas for us to improve upon which gave us a clearer direction heading into the off season and next year we should come back even stronger.

What is next for this franchise?

This franchise is on upward curve, we went from the underdogs with a resolute Defense and no offence, to statistically one of the best defensive and offensive teams this season. We came up against a better team in the playoffs but there werenít many of them in the league this year and that came after one off season of us structuring this team for the future. We have a lot of young, talented players developing as our core and if we strengthen and support that core, that upward curve should continue.

What lead to your down fall in this game? How do you recover from it?

Honestly, I donít know where that first half performance came from. They caught us cold from the kick off and it seemed to really get in our heads and they ran away with the game in the first half. When you have a team with as good a Defense as St Paul does, you give them a lead to defend and it puts so much more pressure on our offence, and unfortunately we did that within seconds of the game starting. I think you saw a better reflection of how our teams stack up against one another in the third quarter and onwards. We failed as a whole, yes we could not break through them often enough offensively, but we also gave up two full field drives that lead to touchdowns and allowed them to get into FG territory far too often. We never really seemed to gain control over field position. St Paul deserve a lot of credit bough, no one has done that to us this season. Despite five losses, you could look at those games and say we were never really Ďbeatení but we sure as hell were tonight.

Do you expect to make major changes in the off-season, what major changes could we see?

We donít have any plans for a major reshuffle but there certain areas of the team we need to re-evaluate.

When you look back at this moment in 10, 20 years... what will you remember most?

I will remember the emerging talents and the dominant performances we put out through this season. I think this has been a franchise defining year for Miami and a career defining season for me. I am not worried about this being one of those Ďit was our chanceí seasons.

Anymore questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 25, 2018, 11:30:25 AM »

our passing offense was exposed as an Achilles heel... And we paid for it in the worst way possible.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 25, 2018, 11:55:54 AM »
The offense we have been aware of for most of the season, we just need more weapons, someone we can reliably look to when our running game is faltering. What I found more alarming is us giving up 90+yard kick returns in back to back games. Any significant reason you can see for our below par defensive performance against STP?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 25, 2018, 05:54:27 PM »

Special teams is a really grey area in the league.  Tackles don't show up in the stats, it's almost like we can't see anything other than the yardage... BUT I can go in and look at our KR / PR defense and tell you who's out there.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 26, 2018, 02:32:59 PM »
If we can review it in the off-season, we'll hold off until then. I think we all know where to improve, so I don't think there is anything left to discuss so I best have a chat with out owner, see how he is taking the loss.

Thanks Coach.

--

Selina, can you inform Mr Freeman I'm available now.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 27, 2018, 04:52:51 PM »

GM Garcia!  When this season started, I only wanted two big things.. To improve and to compete for the playoffs. 

We absolutely did both of those things this year!

I know I wanted to hold the Florida Cup on our home-field, but all things considered we were an amazing team this year, and you are a major part of that.

I am happy to know we have a strong future ahead of us, and that is why I want to extend an offer to you, a guarantee of 3 more seasons here in Miami. 

If you accept, you will be guaranteed an extra $3MM in bonus funds each season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 28, 2018, 04:00:35 PM »

FINANCIAL INFORMATION:

We have $57.5MM available on the S11 Salary cap, We have $18.25MM Available in Bonus Pool Money

We have $7.5MM in Off-Season Bonus Money that will be forfeited if not spent prior to the start of the S11 Draft.

We have the following Open Roster Spots:

2 RB
1 WR
1 OT
1 OC
1 DT
1 LB
1 SS
4 FLEX

4 Minor League Roster Spots

1 DC
1 MC (Minor League Coach)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 04:42:51 PM by Talon »

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 29, 2018, 07:14:12 AM »
Thanks, Selina, I have reached out to the owner, so I look forward to working with you for another three seasons! Can you please arrange a meeting with Coach Patricia.

--

Coach, last we talked you wanted to table talks for the offseason. I see you as a big part of the Miami franchise, so I am very keen on extending your stay. However, I would understand if you are looking for that step up to a head coach role. Could I offer a one-year extension at $5mm?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 29, 2018, 02:26:49 PM »

I am talking with a few other teams, but so far no one has offered me a head coaching job.  There are still a couple of HC opening out there though, so until they are filled I can not commit to a contract.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 29, 2018, 02:34:18 PM »
Understandable Coach.

--

Selina, can you arrange a meeting with Jim Bond please.

--

Mr Bond, I want to retain your services in the newly titled Minor League coach role, 3 year contract at $2MM is the offer.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: September 29, 2018, 03:41:34 PM »

I'll only sign on for a year at a time, unless you double your price.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 29, 2018, 04:37:49 PM »
I'll take you on that one year contract Jim, and hopefully get you a QB or two to truly with down at Boca Raton.

--

Selina, can you arrange an interview with Richard McKenzie please.

--

Mr McKenzie, we are interviewing for our vacant Defensive Co-ordinator position. I believe you are D-line specialist, but can you tell more about yourself and what direction you would take our defense here in Miami.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 29, 2018, 05:00:43 PM »

I was a DE by trade, and I knew my mess.. So I'm a guy who believes in generating a great pass rush, so I work on hands, agility, speed, strength... All position-training based training, that's the most important thing to me for a defense, being able to master your position and knowing it inside and out.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 29, 2018, 05:09:56 PM »
We have one of the better defenses in the league statistically speaking, but where would you want improvements? Where do you feel we can do better?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 29, 2018, 08:03:56 PM »

Well to be honest, I don't know everything there is to know about your team, but from what I saw it seemed like Special teams and offense were your problems.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 30, 2018, 08:55:40 AM »
Thanks, Mr. McKenzie we will be in touch.

--

Selina, can you get a message to Coach Patricia that we are willing to up our offer to $6MM to see him back at Miami for the next season if his search for an HC position has not been fruitful. Meanwhile, I will have a further look at the other candidates available.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 30, 2018, 02:17:47 PM »
HE SIGNS

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 30, 2018, 04:15:06 PM »
Great, I will get the paperwork arranged.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 30, 2018, 05:06:39 PM »

Happy to stay with this staff another year.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: October 12, 2018, 03:56:47 AM »
Selina, can we get Maria Crews representation on the line please.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 12, 2018, 12:27:46 PM »

GM Garcia... love the hat!  Lets get Maria's historic contract signed!  We're looking for 4 years, 5MM, and 1MM in signing bonus, and since we're going a million below market value right now, we'd like the deal to be fully guaranteed.  OR if you'd rather, we'd like 5+2 instead if you're not comfortable with the guarantee.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 12, 2018, 01:01:33 PM »
Ms Molina that is exactly the contract I had in mind, I will have the paperwork arranged immediately. You can be assured that your client will be in our PR campaigns for the upcoming season also.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 12, 2018, 01:28:03 PM »

Perrrfect!  Always a pleasure, love!

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 12, 2018, 03:16:42 PM »
And you.

--

Selina, can you get Maria Crews on the line please.

--

Maria, welcome to the Killer Whales, we were very excited that you were still available when our turn to pick came around. I think we have a great set up here to let you shine!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 12, 2018, 03:18:23 PM »

I want to thank you for putting your faith in me. I got a shit load of respect for your coaching staff after going through the draft process and getting to know them, and being home in Florida means a lot.. I am going to give it all I've got to prove I belong here.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: October 12, 2018, 03:26:38 PM »
The interview with our coaching staff really sold us on you being a potential Killer Whale, you are exactly the type of player and personality we want here in Miami, I'm sure you will fit right and it won't be long before you have proven your worth.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 12, 2018, 03:27:12 PM »

Thank you again.  I'm ready to get to work and learn the playbook.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 12, 2018, 03:39:48 PM »
Until we meet again Maria. I'll let you enjoy the rest of your night!

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 13, 2018, 01:42:32 AM »
Selina, can you get me the reprsentatives for Joe Bankston please.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 13, 2018, 05:40:22 PM »

Show me the money.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 13, 2018, 06:27:17 PM »
Mr Ames, we want to give your client a clear path toward a WR1 spot within our team, so we would be looking at four/five year contract, with the salary at $2MM.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 13, 2018, 06:30:44 PM »

So... you want him as your #1 Receiver on #4 Receiver money?  Odd.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 13, 2018, 06:35:11 PM »
I am sorry, I wasnít clear in what I was saying. We know Joe is an ambitious guy, and we feel our set up would allow him the platform to reach that goal over time. This is why we are looking for a long term contract, the figure offered was the rate being paid to players drafted at this stage. We are willing to up it to $2.5 on a four year contract.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 13, 2018, 06:39:24 PM »

We'll sign for 4 years at $2.5MM.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 518
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 13, 2018, 06:45:22 PM »
We will get the paperwork arranged. Thanks for your time David.

- -

Selina, can you get me the representative for Eugene Huerta. Thanks.