Author Topic: TEAM: SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS  (Read 29236 times)

GM Jon

• IMPACT BOWL VI AND VII CHAMPION!
  • Prediction Admin / PBL Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS
« Reply #850 on: February 26, 2018, 07:42:03 PM »
"Understood and those were my thoughts as well. We can tinker with that 5th man personal if the situation calls for it during the season. As for our defensive tackles, they are good to go with switching them around depending on our strategy. I'm going to start that in this preaseason games as I'd like for us to focus on the pass against Atlanta and focus on the run against New Jersey. I'll trust you'll set this up according to how you like things Coach and I'll make sure it's annotated on the lock-in. Thanks for your time."

-----

"Alright Starr, here is our pre-season lock in information. If you could please pass this down to the coaches for me, it'd be much appreciated."

-----

PREASEASON STRATS

GAME 1 vs. New Jersey
- Player Rotation: Mostly Starters
- Tempo: Very Fast
- Depth Chart Changes: Billy Faison to SS1, James Milton to SS2, Andre Jones to LG1/OG2, William Woodruff to LG2/RG2/OG3, Richard Gerber to DT1, Billy Cleary to DT2
- Strategy Changes: Focus on the run with coaches decision.

GAME 2 @ Atlanta
- Depth Chart Changes: James Milton to SS1, Billy Faison to SS2, William Woodruff to LG1/OG2, Andre Jones to LG2/RG2/OG3, Billy Cleary to DT1, Richard Gerber to DT2
- Strategy Changes: Focus on the pass with coaches decision.

"GET CHOPPED!"

PRESEASON LOCK IN

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
TEAM: SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS
« Reply #851 on: March 04, 2018, 03:59:00 AM »

SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS
PRESS CONFERENCE

PRESEASON

1. Talk about your off-season, what did you like, what did you not like?

"How you doing guys, great to be back here for my first real season in Seattle. And the first for Lumberjack football baby! The offseason went fairly well, we're in the midst of rebuilding this franchise and I firmly believe we've made the right steps in taking this team towards the right direction. I feel we brought in a talented draft class, we acquired some talent in free agency, and brought back some key pieces to keep us competitive this season despite the re-build. I'm not going to lie though, we missed out on some big names in free agency that we would have loved to see in a Lumberjacks helmet, but that is all apart of the growing pains of not being a destination that players want to jump to at the moment. It's my job to turn that distinction around." 

2. How much stock do you put into your teams preseason performance?

"I don't put too much stock into the preseason as I know our team as well as other teams are trying different things they normally wouldn't do in a game that counts. You can't discount all the good performances, but the end result of wins and losses don't hold much weight in my eyes. It's more of a gauge for myself and the coaching staff to see what we need to work on and what worked well as we head into the beginning of the season." 

3. What did you gather from your preseason games?

"Our run game is on point. I think we have one of the best dual threat running back attacks in the HIFL and if we can continue the success that we had in these preseason games, then I see us as a team that will competing for the playoffs.  I thought we played well defensively in spurts, but we need to try and show some consistency in stopping the other teams offense."   

4. What is something you'd like to see your team improve over what they did in the preseason?

"I thought we did a decent job in pressuring the quarterback, but I'm hoping to see improvement in that area as the season progresses. I know how talented our ends are in Sheed and Spoon, so I'm looking forward to watching that growth."

5. Who was your MVP of the preseason?

"The Classic had a great offseason and he has come to play this season. I thought he looked fantastic in the preseason and especially in that New Jersey game. He's a special type of player that has the capability of just taking over a game. He was a treat to watch out there."

6. What is your season objective this year, and where do your see yourself finishing the season?

"We finished 4-12 last season, so the goal is the definitely improve that record, but I think we can potentially get to seven or eight wins and compete for a playoff spot this season."   

Any other questions from the press?

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 04, 2018, 12:47:16 PM »

Well the pre-season is in the books, and the league tosses us right into a meat grinder.. Lincoln, KC, and Rapid City back to back to back.. the first two on the road.  The thing I've told the guys is that this is a great opportunity for us though, catch them when they aren't at full-power yet, before they get into a rhythm, this is a chance for us to steal a few wins, or even one here.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 07, 2018, 09:21:46 AM »
"Absolutely Coach... not only is it a good chance to upset one of the divisional powers, but also a good chance to gain some early momentum in the season and build up our confidence. I'm sure you've seen the news, but we dealt Gabby to the Silverbacks and I think getting back a fourth round pick and some money to do more scouting was a big win for us there. Outside of that, I thought our offense really clicked in the Jersey game, but we sort of fell out of rhythm against Atlanta. I think it just shows that we have the ability to be explosive, but we're still maturing into a formidable team that we're going to have periods of inconsistency. Our run game looked really solid though and The Classic looks like a man on a mission heading into the season. How did you rank the guard play from our two rookies? Who are you feeling should get the nod opposite of Ulrich?" 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 07, 2018, 11:24:44 AM »

I give a slight edge to Woodruff, he has a slightly better run blocking technique, even though Jones has a better grasp of the system.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: March 07, 2018, 09:27:33 PM »
"I was leaning Woodruff myself, but it's good to know that Jones is grasping the system well. He's still very young and has a long time to get hone in on his skills. Alright Coach, I'll have the lock in for week one into you shortly. Just gonna have a quick chat with Coach Collier."

-----

"Starr, Coach Todd Collier please."

-----

"Real quick Coach, who did you like better in there at strong safety? Milton and Faison had pretty comparable stats, but who deserves the nod as the one on the depth chart?"   

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 07, 2018, 09:32:45 PM »

Im not sure really, I think you can go either way with it. Jump ball.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 09, 2018, 02:45:30 PM »
"Alright Coach, I think we should roll with Milton then. I'm familiar with what he can do on the field and think he's our better option. Let's get after Lincoln!"

-----

"Starr, here is our lock in info, if you could please send this down to our coaching staff. Thank you." 

-----

WEEK 1 @ Lincoln Pride
- Depth Chart Changes: No changes.
- Strategy Changes: Focus on the pass with coaches decision.

"GET CHOPPED!"

WEEK ONE LOCK IN

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 10, 2018, 03:31:57 PM »

SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS
PRESS CONFERENCE

WEEK 1

1. Talk us through this week's game. What did you like, what do you want to see improved?

"That is how you kick off the inaugural season of the Lumberjacks!!! This was a back and forth contest against a very talented and very good Lincoln Pride team. I liked our patience on offense after getting into a 14-0 hole. Our run game opened up the passing lanes and we started to put up some points. The defense made huge plays for us in getting our offense the ball. As for what needs to be improved... the penalties. It didn't hurt us in this game, but it very well could've. We have to be much more disciplined."     

2. What did you make of your teams performance, despite the final outcome of the game?

"Like I said, it was a great team performance to go to Lincoln and do what we did. We moved the ball well offensively and created problems for Bloom and company on defense, especially in the second half."   

3. Are there any major changes you see yourself making this week?

"Not really, we head to Kansas City where we will take on the reigning MVP. We'll need to do much of the same as we did this week in Lincoln."

4. Talk about at least two news stories from this week.

"I can't stand here and not talk about the missed call on the hit that has put Ackerman on the shelf for the season and maybe forcing his retirement. Our refs have to be more vigilant in keeping our players safe on the field. That call can'tbe missed... it just can't. I highly doubt Berry made the hit with any intent and I'm sure he is remorseful, but I'm glad the league swiftly and strictly took action. Bravo to them there. In the other news, I thought it was nice to see GM Dazz get a nice ovation from the Cleveland fans. He may not of won a title, but he did a lot for that city and brought them a ton of success. I know he'll do well in D.C. if given time." 

5. Talk to us about your match up this week.  Where do you see your opponent having an advantage? What is the key to victory?

"We head to Kansas City. I think this has the potential to be another high scoring affair, as we all know what the Bruins are capable of doing with Mariota running the show. It'll be our job to slow them down, cause momentum changing turnovers, and put up points on offense."

Any other questions from the press?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 10, 2018, 03:53:32 PM »
"In a short period of time, do you believe that George Carlson's presence in Seattle has helped CJ Kirby?"

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 10, 2018, 04:07:37 PM »
"One hundred percent, I believe that. When we successfully brought George Carlson here, it was to help mentor CJ Kirby just as much as it was for his play on the football field. The Classic looks rejuvenated this season and his help in mentoring Kirby is already beginning to play dividends."   

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 10, 2018, 04:24:31 PM »
"With a major upset already under your belt, do you believe your team can exceed your initial expectations?"

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 10, 2018, 06:58:11 PM »
"I believe in what we're building here and these guys have worked extremely hard all offseason to go into Lincoln and come out with a victory. I don't want to dwell on expectations so much as I want us to go out there and play football and get better each and every week."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 10, 2018, 08:17:22 PM »

1-0.. for the first time in Franchise history.  What a win.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 10, 2018, 08:37:00 PM »
"Hell of a gameplan Coach! We were lighting up that scoreboard! If we can continue running the ball as effectively as we did this past week, then Brewster should be able to pick defenses apart. With Kansas City up next, I definitely think they have a defense we should be able to exploit some. Other than that, we just need to be a little more disciplined out there. 11 penalties is inexcusable. I'll chalk it up to first week of the season mental mishaps, but I hope we can clean that up quite a bit this week. If you see any changes you need to make with the playbook, I'll let you handle it Coach. My only thought on the matter is potentially upping our run percentage in an attempt to eat play clock and keep the Bruins' offense off the field. But I also don't want to fix what ain't break after a great performance against the Pride."   

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 10, 2018, 08:56:05 PM »

Yeah, I wouldn't want to change our tempo if we can help it either.. Pierce is a very fiery player, so he does get a lot of flags, He was 13th in the league in penalty yardage last year and was flagged 8 times.

I do think we can focus more on the run if you'd like, but I don't think a big shift is a good idea, we don't want to become predictable or tire out one of our backs early and lave the other to do all the work late. These two are benefiting from the rotation, I believe.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 10, 2018, 09:03:54 PM »
"Let's keep things as is then, Coach. Like I said before, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Alright, I'll have the lock-in to you shortly, just wanted to touch base with a few people. Let's continue to roll with a great week of practice!"

-----

"Starr, can you send in Coach Todd Collier please."

-----

"Hey Coach, boy did we make some opportunistic plays out there. It's not going to get any easier with the reigning MVP up next. I'm also glad we figured out the issue with Arthur Sanderson. Food poisoning right before game time is no good, but it'll be nice to have him back out there against Kansas City. Which brings me to the linebacking corp. What is your ideal set-up there with what we have? Who in the middle and who on the outside?" 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 10, 2018, 09:29:43 PM »

Sanderson looks good to go now, should be symptom free.  As for the set up, I've got Lai on the left, Malone on the right, and Sanderson in the middle, with McBee working all three back up spots.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 10, 2018, 10:17:53 PM »
"Then I'll make sure that's the set-up we have moving forward. That's all I had for you Coach. Let's hope we can slow down this Bruin offense!"

-----

"Starr, can you please send the lock-in information to the coaches."

-----

WEEK 2 @ Kansas City Bruins
- Depth Chart Changes: Lai as SLB, Sanderson as MLB, Malone as WLB, McBee to LB4 (backing up all three positions).
- Strategy Changes: Coaches decision.

"GET CHOPPED!"

WEEK TWO LOCK IN

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 18, 2018, 02:37:08 PM »

SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS
PRESS CONFERENCE

WEEK 2

1. Talk us through this week's game. What did you like, what do you want to see improved?

"I thought we played really good today. Absolutley gutted about the Brewster injury, I don't have an update on his status at this time, but I plan to talk to him this week. Looks like something that will cost him a few games. Outside that,  thought the defense stepped up on multiple occasions and made some biog stops. You could see Mariota getting visibly frustrated out there. I loved how we've been running the football, we have a dynamic two-headed attack. We need to clean up the penalties still. They kill our drives and help the opposition keep theirs alive. If we can clean that part of our game up moving forward, I think a game like this could be a win instead of a loss."

2. Through two games this season, who's surprising you for the better, and for the worst?

"I have to say CJ Kirby has really surprised me this season so far. He has proven to me that he wants to put the work in to be a better running back in this league and it's paying off dividends. I don't think anyone has surprised me for the worst, but I would like to see improvement in our kickoff return game." 

3. Which one-part of your team do you believe is only going to get better going forward?

"I think we're going to be better disciplined as the season progresses. The penalties we are committing are fixable and I know our coaching staff is going to be working on getting that area improved as quickly as possible."

4. Talk about your news story this week.

"It's not easy to win football games when your starting quarterback goes down with a injury. I can understand the fans frustration and hunger for success. I get all that. But we are in a rebuilding state and acquiring someone like a Tashaun Pate or a Marcus Lawrence is going to cost this team in draft picks, something I hold very valuable as we attempt to build this franchise for the future. I think it's far too quick to cast judgement on Ayala and even though he had a few turnovers, he still played his heart out for this team and I know he will continue to do so moving forward. We will be sticking with Allen until Brew is ready to go for us again." 

5. Talk about at least two other news stories this week.

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't see what our neighbors to the South did to the two-time defending champs. I have to tip my hat to GM Andre and the Brewers for pulling off the unthinkable and shocking the HIFLverse. Another thing that caught my eye was Larry Stevens and Gary Hunter getting into it with each other. That is very un-like Stevens, so I wonder what would have triggered such an altercation. It's the news though, so it was probably just good ol' fashioned harmless trash talking."   

6. Talk to us about your match up this week, how do you build on last weeks success or rebound from defeat (depending on your game's result)

"We welcome the Inferno into Seattle for our home opener. We know the defending champs are going to be coming into Seattle pissed off after losing to Portland last week, so we'll have to match that intensity. To beat Rapid City, you have to play mistake free football, create turnovers, and capitalize on opportunities. We saw last week they are beatable and hopefully we can continue where Portland left off."     

Does the members of the media have any further questions?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: March 18, 2018, 03:01:02 PM »

Hard to win without your quarterback in this league... definitely a blow.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 18, 2018, 04:11:11 PM »
"Yes it is Coach, which leads me to believe we should probably lean on our run game while Brew is out. I don't want to become too one dimensional, so we'll play it game to game. But against the Inferno, not only can we chew up clock and keep their offense on the sidelines, but it also allows Ayala to ease into the starting gig. I was thinking a 65/35 on first and second down ratio, with it changing if we face a third and long scenario. How would you feel about that?"   

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 18, 2018, 05:35:11 PM »

I think that is the best way to go about it.. We've been running great the first two weeks, if we can keep averaging 180 per game from The Classic and CJ, we're going to be just fine.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 18, 2018, 07:42:21 PM »
"I think so, we'll have to pick up a back-up quarterback in the case Ayala were to get hurt as well. We have just enough cap space to make that work, so that's good. I'd rather not call up Morris from the Rainiers if we can avoid it. Other than that Coach, I think we'll just have to toughen the next few weeks out and hope we can stay afloat, I think this team is more than capable of doing that. I'll let you head down to practice, I just need to talk to a few guys and then we'll be good to go for this week. If you need anything before then, just let me know."

-----

"Starr, can you get Brewster on the line for me."

-----

"Hey Brew! Tough injury, but just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery and we'll look forward to having you back with us in a few weeks time. Doc said it'd be four games at the very most unless there are any setbacks, so that's not too terrible. We'll miss you out there, but I know the boys will be playing hard for you." 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 18, 2018, 08:04:52 PM »

Appreciate the call boss, I'm aiming for that 2-week window honestly, so hopefully I'm back before you know it.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 18, 2018, 10:40:44 PM »
“I sure hope so. Alright Brew, take care of yourself and we’ll see you back on the field soon!”

———

“Starr, can you send in Allen Ayala please.”

———

“Hey Allen, just wanted to let you know that the coaching staff and I have faith in you while Brew is on the shelf. I know the fans can be aggressive but that’s just because they are passionate about this team. Just know we have your back and trust your ability to lead this team to wins.”

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 18, 2018, 11:21:21 PM »

Right on, I'll give you all I got out there.  Thanks GM Jon.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 19, 2018, 09:30:15 PM »
"Good luck out there this week!"

-----

"Starr, can you please get Amber Molina on the line for me."

-----

"Amber, how you doing? I'm calling to see if Vincent Gomez has any interest in coming to Seattle in a back-up role? We only have $250K left in salary... would that be suffice for the rest of the season?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 19, 2018, 09:35:10 PM »
DEAL

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 20, 2018, 12:33:09 AM »
“Pleasure as always Amber.”

—————

“Starr can you please send the lock in info to the coaches.”

—————

WEEK 3 vs. Rapid City Inferno
- Depth Chart Changes: William Brewster Inactive, Ayala to QB1, Gomez to QB2
- Strategy Changes: Run/Pass ratio to 65/35 on first and second down in all formations. Coaches decision for everything else.

"GET CHOPPED!"

WEEK THREE LOCK IN

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 23, 2018, 11:13:48 PM »

SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS
PRESS CONFERENCE

WEEK 3

1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

"Tough win against a great opponent today. I think anytime you can come out of a game against a quality team like Rapid City with a victory is a testament to this teams hard work translating on the field. Our goal was was to run the ball against their defense and I can't say enough how well Carlson and Kirby played today. 233 rushing yards combined by the two of them is quite simply outstanding. Loved seeing the penalties trim way down, I'm not sure if it was the comfort of being in front of our home crowd, but we looked much more disciplined out there and not giving away free yards with silly penalties. Defensively we were able to get to Pruitt and put pressure on him all game long. Guys like Lai, Lightner, and Rose had big time games for us today. There really isn't a whole lot that can go wrong to be able to beat this Rapid City team."     

2. How do you feel about the emergence of the Alliance of American Football and the XFL?

"I think it's one of those situations that it's good for the fans. It's great for the players. But it sure is going to make our jobs more difficult moving forward with potential salary wars. No doubt this will continue to remain the premier football league in the world and we will continually attract the best talent to play in this league. This wouldn't be the first time other leagues attempted to do what the AAF and XFL are doing." 

3. Talk about something going on around the league this season that has interested you in one way or another.

"It's easy to notice the two teams that played in the Impact Bowl last season are quickly 1-2 on the season. While some might point to those teams limping out of the gate, but I credit the rest of the league just getting better. But a big thing that has really interested me, at least early on, is the return of the run game. No doubt this is steal a league driven by quarterback play and airing the ball out, but we've already seen a large handful of good running back performances. Sure is going to make defensive game planning even that much more important."

4. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week. What will be the key to victory?

"We stay right here in Seattle and get to face a fantastic defensive team in the St. Louis Stallions. GM Foxworth has really built up that defense during the expansion and amateur draft. With Brewster still out this week, we need to once again rely on the run game of Carlson and Kirby to lead the way offensively. Defensively, I think we need to create some turnovers." 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 24, 2018, 01:33:36 AM »

That's how we do it, baby!

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 24, 2018, 02:58:06 PM »
"Can't say enough about the job you and the staff did, Coach. That was execution down to its very definition. It'll be nice to be able to stay at home all week and host the Stallions. As you know, they present a lot of challenges defensively. Dale Bright has been a beats in the defensive line, James Porter is proving why he had defensive rookie of the year hype entering the season, and Aaron Miller has been tackling everything. They really have talent in all three levels. I think we stick to the run game though. Carlson and Kirby are in a zone right now and it really took the pressure off Ayala against Rapid City. Looking at their tape, they seem to be better at defending against the pass than the run. Lincoln had 200 yards rushing against them and Kansas City had 197 and I think we have a better rushing attack then both of those teams. Makes sense to attack them there, agree Coach?"       

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 25, 2018, 09:30:52 AM »

I agree, this is a feast or famine type of game, We're #2 in rushing at 209 yards per game, but 21st in passing at only 192 yards per game.  Meanwhile they are 21st vs the run at 162 yards per game, and are #1 vs. the pass at only 175 yards per game.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 25, 2018, 10:27:42 AM »
"Maybe we up the run game even a little more than last game. Maybe to 70/30? I don't want to become too one dimensional, so I caution going any higher than that. Are you of the same thinking there, Coach or would you suggest upping the run even higher?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: March 25, 2018, 10:31:57 AM »

I wouldn't go much higher than that 70 mark, mainly because after about 20-25 carries guys are pretty gassed, so we would get into the depth chart even more on who got the rock, and as much as I love our run game, I don't know if I want to give Robert Brown too many carries, not saying he can't deal, but its a drop off from Carlson and CJ to Brown.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 25, 2018, 02:39:27 PM »
"Makes sense. We'll go with 70 and if it ends up being too much, then we'll know 65 is our cutoff for next time. Alright Coach, that's all I had. If you need to discuss anything else just let me know."

-----

"Starr, can you call in Coach Todd Collier please."

-----

"Alright Coach, I was looking at the film and Doug Barnhart has been pretty turnover prone with four interceptions and four fumbles... so I think the opportunity to create some turnovers might be there for the taking in this game. Leon Bell looks like a really solid runner though and I feel focusing on limiting his production and letting Barnhart try to beat us with his arm might be the way to go. You feel the same there?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 25, 2018, 07:47:05 PM »
COACH COLLIER AGREES, 100%

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 25, 2018, 08:05:40 PM »
"Alright Coach, we'll roll with that!"

-----

"Starr, please send the lock in information to the Coaches. Let's close this first quarter of the season on a strong note!"

-----

WEEK 4 vs. St. Louis Stallions
- Depth Chart Changes: Richard Gerber to DT1, Billy Cleary to DT2
- Strategy Changes: Run/Pass ratio to 70/30 on first and second down in all formations. Focus on the run defensively. Coaches decision for everything else.

"GET CHOPPED!"

WEEK FOUR LOCK IN

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 02, 2018, 11:57:14 PM »

SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS
PRESS CONFERENCE

WEEK 4

"We got completely outclassed in this game. St. Louis beat us at our own game with a two headed rushing attack that we just could not slow down. As for what went wrong? Just about everything if I'm being honest. We got embarrassed in front of our own fans and I hope we can look back at this game later as that loss that got us to look in the mirror and get us back on the right track. It wasn't all terrible though, our run game was working, but we just weren't able to capitalize the yards into points and that was the biggest difference."   

2. Which of your division rivals has surprised you the most so far this season?

"This is a tough question for our division, because you could really say any of our rivals has been surprising for better or worse. I'm going to have to say Portland though. To beat Rapid City and Kansas City is might impressive, especially for a team that took a lot of hate from the media heading into the season."

3. With where you sit in the standings, do you feel it is a true reflection of your team? Where do you feel you should stand, and who on your team is most responsible for your current standing?

"I told myself going into these slate of games that if we came out 2-2, I'd be very happy. I think we're exactly where we thought we'd be after the first quarter of the season. Did we think the rest of the division would be identical to us... no. This is a much improved division and it's going to be a battle the rest of the season for position. Our success this season so far is in large part to The Classic. He has been nothing short of impressive."   

4. What has been the biggest challenge for your team so far this season, and who would you say was your teams' most improved?

"Finding consistency has been a big struggle. We can look really explosive at times on offense and really suffocating on defense. But then it can just disappear. One player that has really impressed me has been McKenzie Lightner. Has done a great job in the number one corner spot for us this season."   

5. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the toughest thing to prepare for this week?

"We stay at home for another home game, this time against our Northwest rivals in Portland. They have shocked the HIFL world with impressive wins against Rapid City and Kansas City. Not sure if the Brewers are planning to play the hot hand with Welker or go with Crawford, either way... that will be the toughest to prepare for because they are two different types of players."     

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 09, 2018, 02:50:29 PM »

Obviously it wasn't the result we wanted, and damn we got pounded on the ground, but 2-2 is nothing to be ashamed of, and our players know that.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 09, 2018, 03:16:18 PM »
"I thought 2-2 was a good benchmark to achieve through the first quarter of the season. We dealt with injuries too. I'm very happy with the first quarter of the season, but I also hope we can take something from that beatdown we received and use it as ammunition for the rest of the season. With Portland up next, it's our chance to show who the team to beat in the PNW is. We'll scale down the run game back to 65, even if Brew is ready to go in time. You good with that?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 12, 2018, 11:19:47 AM »

With the way our boys are running the ball, I'm definitely good with it.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 14, 2018, 02:11:32 PM »
"How is the atmosphere in the locker room right now? Was this loss more of a wake up call or are they feeling a bit in the dumps?"   

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 15, 2018, 10:36:36 AM »

Morale is solid, so I'd say more of a wake up call.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 02, 2018, 12:10:34 AM »
"That's good to hear. I sure as hell hope it woke them up at least. We're a much better team then what we saw against St. Louis. Coach, I know we'll be getting a minor league information sheet, but really I was just curious on how Ryan Bogan, Boyd Black, and Edward Morris have looked thus far. The rest can wait until the reports are released. Maybe we can call Mr. Stone in to shed some light on their productivity thus far."     

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 04, 2018, 03:15:00 PM »

Yeah, after speaking with Coach Stone, here is what I know about the three you mentioned.

Bogan is playing well but still has conditioning improvements to make, but he really isn't happy being on the minor league roster.  Not that we think he deserves a starting job over our guys, but he is getting restless down there.  His biggest positive in my opinion is that he is able to play any position on the o-line in a competent manor.

Boyd Black has all the makings of a solid starter in this league. He needs to improve his tackling form and add some muscle as he continues to learn the defense, but he has the raw intangibles you want in a developing player.  He's a hard worker which is great to see as well. He compares really similarly to where Philip Johnson is at this stage of his development, so if you like PJ, then you'll like Boyd.

Morris has a great leadership qualities, and he has a good balance of arm talent and accuracy.  I don't know if he has franchise-QB potential, but he might... but he definitely has a spot on any HIFL roster as a back up or even a low-mid level starter right out of the gate.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50021
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 09, 2018, 05:06:24 PM »
THE BUSES BEGIN TO WARM

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 09, 2018, 05:29:46 PM »
"Thanks for that Coach. I think we’re ready. Let’s take the first game of this new rivalry.”

-----

WEEK 5 vs. Portland Brewers
- Depth Chart Changes: Billy Cleary to DT1, Richard Gerber to DT2
- Strategy Changes: Run/Pass ratio to 65/35 on first and second down in all formations. Coaches decision for everything else.

"GET CHOPPED!"

WEEK FIVE LOCK IN

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1337
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 25, 2018, 08:11:07 PM »

SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS
PRESS CONFERENCE

WEEK 5

"One hell of a way to kick start this new pacific northwest rivalry. Portland was a team that we knew could rise to any challenge, but we came ready for a battle and played exceptionally well. The coaching staff made incredible second half adjustments and we came out with something to prove outscoring them 28-0 in the half. It was nice to see Brewster back under center and picking up right where he left off and our running game was effective all game long with The Classic and CJ. How about Darren Pierce? That was one hell of a second half. Defensively we were all over the place making plays. When you can win the turnover battle at +3... the end result is likely going to favor your side. Really can't say enough about our performance this week. As for the bad... well, we got a little banged up out there. Looks like Lynn Malone is going to be out a significant amount time and Sanderson and Taylor got banged up too, but hopefully we can have them back on the field this upcoming week."

2. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the toughest thing to prepare for this week?

"We travel to Nashville to take on the Music City Kings. Anytime you go from West to East over the coarse of the week, it's a challenging task. We know the Kings are still hungry to find their first victory and we'll have to overcome the time zone change and find the needed energy to leave Nashville with a win."