Author Topic: TEAM: SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS  (Read 25796 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS
« Reply #900 on: May 28, 2018, 10:27:58 AM »

We really need this win to show we break this cycle of trading wins and losses.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Jon

• IMPACT BOWL VI AND VII CHAMPION!
  • Prediction Admin
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1335
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 02, 2018, 02:23:24 PM »
"Agreed Coach. We have a good chance to continue our winning ways against a winless Music City team, but I'm sure they will be a motivated bunch with the new hiring of GM Bennett. I think our run game can really give them fits though so I don't see any need in changing things up. You good with what we got or do you see something we should look to changing prior to the game?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 02, 2018, 02:45:58 PM »

Music City is 22nd in the league in rushing defense, giving up 168 per game, and we are 3rd in rushing putting up just shy of 200 per game, I think we go with our strength and just keep pounding.  Their defense is also worst in the league in points allowed, so we should hopefully come up big with a nice win.

GM Jon

• Prediction Admin
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1335
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 06, 2018, 07:55:27 PM »
"Let's bring home another W!”

-----

WEEK 6 @ Music City Kings
- Player Rotation: Mostly Starters
- Tempo: Very Fast
- Depth Chart Changes: No changes.
- Strategy Changes: No changes.

"GET CHOPPED!"

WEEK SIX LOCK IN

GM Jon

• Prediction Admin
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1335
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 11, 2018, 09:53:18 PM »

SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS
PRESS CONFERENCE

WEEK 6

1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

"This was a closer game then the score may indicate as we really turned it on in that fourth quarter. Music City is a tough team especially in their home stadium and this was a game we dug deep late in the game and was able to escape with a crucial win. Not a whole lot went wrong in this game to be honest. I felt we controlled the clock with our running attack and converted on third down at a decent clip. Of course you always want a higher percentage converted on third downs and if there is one negative to this game, it was at that stat as it crippled a few potential scoring drives. Can't say enough about the performances of Carlson and Kirby... each week it's just been awesome to watch. But how Robert Brown? Two huge touchdowns late in the fourth to help put the game away! Brewster was efficient with the football, minus the one mistake as he was finding Pierce, Chriscoe, and Herzog on a consistent basis to complement the run game. Defensively, we were close to being shutdown outside a couple early touchdowns in the second quarter. Holding them to a 1 for 12 on third down is impressive, to go along with a 0 for 2 on fourth. Each week it just seems someone new steps up on defense and this week it was Lightner who was all over the field making plays and causing turnovers. This was an important victory and we look forward to building upon it."   

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?

"I thought it was pretty interesting that whoever this legend of Long Beach is, is ready to give up on Jonathan Wright. I'm just not quite sure he has been built around good enough to be put into a position to succeed. Pretty unfair to give up on a kid who has as much potential as he does. It'll be interesting to see how GM Death deals with those behind the curtain voices. And of course I cannot go without mentioning the happenings in Tulsa. GM Franchise has to get his house in order, because that whole situation was almost a complete mess."   

3. What do you make of the news of the newest GM's to join the league? What advice would you give them?

"HIFL has needed some new GM blood for quite some time and it's good to see some motivated individuals ready to take the reigns of some teams that badly need guidance. As for advice... it's up to them to find their own path and to learn from others past mistakes and to make their own footprint on their franchise and the league." 

4. With the draft class being announced later this week, do you plan to target personalities, skill sets, or position groups at the college showcase?

"Honestly, I'm not entirely sure on which direction we plan to go in. We'll probably look into a little of each, but ultimately it's about finding the right pieces for this team to become better then we already are."   

5. What do you hope to gain most this week during the bye week, for yourself but also for your team?

"For the team, a little bit of rest to heal the lingering injuries and to get mentally prepared for the next slate of games. For me, it's a chance to scout talent for the amateur draft in the offseason. While it's important to keep the focus on this season, it's also important to keep a finger on the future. So I'm looking forward to our team getting some R&R and for the coaches and I to attend the college showcase and get a sneak peak on players we'd like to see in a Lumberjack helmet next season."       

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 12, 2018, 11:56:29 AM »

Well spoken as always..  I know we've got the rookie events to attend this week, but you've got to have one eye on DC, you ready for this one?

GM Jon

• Prediction Admin
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1335
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 13, 2018, 12:44:29 AM »
"I'd be lying to you if I said I didn't have my eye on it, Coach. I know it will be a fierce battle, but I'd love nothing more then to shove a victory right in Mr. Kiss' face. Moving on though, I've already emailed you and the coaches our agenda for the upcoming showcase. Hopefully we do our homework well here that will end up paying dividends come draft night." 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 13, 2018, 11:56:19 AM »

No doubt.  Getting this extra chance to learn and scout is huge, I know the staff is loving it already.  Knowledge is power.  ...I just wonder how many of these silly GM's will share their info with other GM's thinking they're being all crafty..

COACH GRAHAM SHAKES HIS HEAD, LAUGHING TO HIMSELF AS HE THINKS OF HOW COUNTER PRODUCTIVE THAT IS

GM Jon

• Prediction Admin
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1335
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 13, 2018, 09:56:46 PM »
"I never did understand that methodology... well, except in some fictional simulation league called the FBL. But that's besides the point. D.C. presents a tough matchup and it's a team that I built... so I know its good. I don't think Rizzo is going to beat us with his arm by himself, but Tank has improved from last season and presents a good 1-2 combo with Christopher Johnson. We know how good the line is anchored by Anthony Smith, who rarely let's anyone get around him. They have solid depth at receiver, but with the way our boys have been covering, I think we can contain them. I think for our defensive philosophy, we should probably focus on the run game and see if we can slow that down and put the game on Rizzo's shoulders. He has the talent to handle it, but maybe we can get them in tough throwing downs and get the ball back to our boys on the offensive side. Defensively, they pose a lot of dangers. Larry Stevens is a machine in the middle of that defense, so this is going to be a challenging test for Classic and Jr. to run against. And they are deep at cornerback, but they do have some holes in the safety positions that Pierce and Chriscoe might be able to take advantage of. I don't know if we should go away from what's been our bread and better all season... the run game... especially when they don't have a super dangerous defensive front. I say we maybe dial the run back just a hair and keep their defense on their toes a bit more instead of expecting the run. Do you have any thoughts on this at all Coach?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 14, 2018, 12:08:33 PM »

I definitely think we rely on what has been so successful for us so far this year, but dialing it back a little bit to see if we can get into that secondary is fine with me.  I'm never afraid of challenging a defense..

GM Jon

• Prediction Admin
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1335
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 14, 2018, 09:49:21 PM »
"That's a good thing Coach. To beat a team with as much talent across the board as D.C., you can't be scared to challenge them. On both sides of the ball! I'll let you get with the team and begin prepping them for the big primetime game. I'm gonna take this bye week to check in with a few players, so if you have anything pressing, just let me know Coach."

-----

"Starr, can you call in William Brewster for me."

-----

"Hey Brew, it's the bye week and I haven't had a chance to chat yet since you returned from your injury. You look good back there... how you feeling back on the field?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 20, 2018, 09:39:50 AM »

Well I came into the season really determined to improve on my completion percentage, and I think working with Coach Graham and Coach Perryman has really helped make that come into focus.  I know I've only got 4 games under my belt this year, but Coach Perryman told me I was completing 67.8% of my passes, which is way over my Season 5 career high of 62%.   So I'm feeling pretty good and comfortable.  Some QB's wouldn't like the style we play, but I'm not trying to show off my arm and throw for 4000 yards a year, I just want to win games however it happens.

GM Jon

• Prediction Admin
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1335
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 24, 2018, 12:06:41 PM »
“Sounds like the work you’ve put in is showing on the field. I absolutely love the style we play because it keeps the defense guessing. Not only do they have to account for our strong run game, but also you back there passing. It’s a huge part of our success so far. Well Brew, you enjoy the bye week and we’ll see you back next week ready to give D.C. an asswhooping.”

———

“Starr, can you call in Sam Rose please.”

———

“Hey Sam, just wanted to call you in here and check up on you and the defense during this bye week. Y’all have been playing lights out for us and it has not gone unnoticed. Especially in the secondary where you guys are flying all over the place making plays. As our defensive captain, how do you feel the defense is geling together?”

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 24, 2018, 12:12:57 PM »

The defense is coming together pretty solid dude.  We been feeding off of each other nicely, and it's showing with that first place spot, now we all just want to lock it down!