Author Topic: TEAM: SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS  (Read 89280 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner -- PBL S6 Premier Cup Winner
  • Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
  • S6 Premier Cup Champions
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS
« Reply #1650 on: January 12, 2021, 06:12:27 PM »

Its time to get to the chopper?  ...or something like that!

GM Jon

• IMPACT BOWL VI AND VII CHAMPION!
  • Prediction Admin / PBL Moderator
  • The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: January 17, 2021, 03:56:21 PM »

SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS
PRESS CONFERENCE

SEASON 14 - TRAINING CAMP

1. Welcome back, lets talk off-season.  What was your off-season like, what was your biggest addition to your team, and who is someone you wish you didn't lose?

" Last season we made a great first step in moving this franchise in a forward progression with winning a game in the playoffs. It got a monkey off our back that we had been battling for a few seasons and now we can firmly focus on our ultimate goal of lifting up the IMPACT Bowl championship trophy at the end of this season.

I thought we had a little bit of a roller coaster offseason. We were one of many of teams that had to navigate the difficult task of trying to keep a core of talent while trying to build depth and build future talent while keeping under our current salary cap. I know many are quick to point the finger of blame towards our GM Rep, but the GM's that rely season after season after season of salary cap increases have nobody but themselves to blame. When you assume something is going to happen and don't plan for the alternative, then the fault lies on your doorstep.

With that said, we were able to bring back a majority of the players that we wanted. Guys like Morris Jackson, Bismack Embiid, Sam Rose, Daniel Cooley, and Thomas Large. But I would say the biggest addition was the signing of Marcus Jackson. Defensive tackle as been something we have wanted to upgrade at for most of my tenure in Seattle so far and to be able to bring in a talent like Marcus to pair with Embiid and Matthews, it's going to make our defensive front very difficult for opposing offenses to prepare and execute against. As for someone we wish we didn't lose, I think the retirement of Xavier Best was a big blow to our team. He'll be someone that we will miss, but we're excited about seeing our rookie WR in Robert Martin step into that WR3 role. "

2. Discuss any news that stood out to you from the off-season. (must discuss at least 3 stories from the off-season to now)

" While the tragic news of the late Talon Wilkinson is still very fresh in our hearts, I am pleased to see a former player of mine and a man that I know can take what Talon built up and continue to grow this league in a honorable fashion... and that is our new league commissioner, James Turpin. And with that appointment, came the creation of our new rival league, headed by former owner Ace Profits, with the PFL. I think competition is always a good thing. It brings out the best in the players. It brings out the best in ownership and management. And it's something I really think the fans like to see. And hey, it's only a matter of time before we see GM Kirk jump ship over there, right?

Have to acknowledge the act of heroism that Antoine Smith displayed in Sydney. It takes a truly special human being to put themselves in harms way to attempt to save the life of another. HIFL is better knowing there are people like Antoine that suit up to play this wonderful game.

I think the issue that has been brought up to the league about the Native American imagery on the helmets in Atlanta is a very interesting one. I think there is a fine line you have to walk when it comes to using imagery that can be deemed racially insensitive. I know the intention is to honor those, but if it's really doing the opposite, then I think it's time for the Atlanta franchise and the league to do something about that.

And I'll talk quickly about our news. I hope both Mark and Kurtis have a speedy recovery as MRSA is a scary virus to come down with and recover from. I applaud our team of health professionals that quickly reacted to make sure our facilities were treated and sanitized to prevent the spread of the very contagious virus. And to no surprise to any of us, Elias was eager to step up and plan in their place during the preseason. It just goes to show you the type of team player he is and the all-around amazing athlete we have the privledge of calling our QB. I'm excited to see him display his extraordinary talents for the fans. "

3. How many wins should your fan base expect this year, realistically and how far can you go?

" The goal is always to be the last team standing and realistically, I think we are one of those teams that are in the conversation to be lifting the trophy at season's end. I think repeating our 13 win season last year is well within reach, but I would say in the 11-13 win range is where I would put ourselves. The most important thing for us is to make sure we make the playoffs because once the playoffs start, it's really like a brand new season. Obviously we'd love to capture a first round bye and the division as well along the way. "

4. If you were to improve one position on your team with a trade before the season starts, what position do you target, and are you looking to trade picks or players to get a deal done?

" I think in terms of starters, we're in a pretty good place. I know we don't have the depth that we maybe have had in seasons past and a lot of how successful we'll be this season will also go into how healthy we can remain throughout the course of the season. I look at the linebacking corp. and think it'd be nice to have another veteran as part of that unit, but really, I think we'd be holding firm in terms of making any trades unless something came our way that would put us in a better position to win the IMPACT Bowl. "

5. Are there any official position battles as we enter pre-season, if so, which ones?

" The strong safety battle should be fun to watch between Harris and Stacks, but I anticipate both of those guys getting a good chunk of playing time during the season no matter who is officially named the starter. We are fortunate to be in a pretty good spot in terms of our starting positions go, but I'll be excited to see some of the depth get a chance to showcase what they can do on the field and to earn increased playing time as the season gets going. "

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: January 20, 2021, 01:02:57 PM »

Time to Chop that wood!

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 23, 2021, 06:35:02 PM »

Great to get back into the swing of things. I think we have the team that can bring home the championship, but more than ever before will we need to rely on the health of our team. What are your thoughts on Elias performing kicking and punting duties in the preseason?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: January 25, 2021, 04:43:40 PM »

I think it's harmless.  Only way it would go bad is if a team put a hit out on him and took a cheap shot, but if they did that in pre-season I'm pretty sure heads would roll.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: January 27, 2021, 12:05:05 AM »

I dont see GM Rinaldi or GM Big Dog to do anything like that. Its not like were facing a GM Powers team, ha.

Is there anything specific youd like to see in the preseason or are you ok with doing the same thing we did last season?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: January 27, 2021, 01:00:40 PM »

I trust you to make the call boss, I'm fine with whatever you'd like to do.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: February 02, 2021, 01:14:42 AM »

Sounds good Coach, let's see how we look in some preseason action.

-----

PREASEASON STRATS

GAME 1 @ Pearl Harbor Predators
- Player Rotation: Mostly Backups
- Tempo: Very Fast
- Depth Chart Changes: None.
- Strategy Changes: None.

GAME 2 vs. Tottenham Bats
- Player Rotation: Mostly Backups
- Tempo: Very Fast
- Strategy Changes: None.

"RAISE THE AXE !"

PRESEASON LOCK IN

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: February 19, 2021, 10:38:36 PM »

SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS
PRESS CONFERENCE

SEASON 14 - PRESEASON

1. Who stood out to you from your two preseason games and did anyone fail to live up to your expectations?

" I think in Game 1, Daniel Cooley really came to show off the hard work he put into the offseason. The past few seasons, he has been a good security blanket for Elias and if that game was any indication, he's ready to take his game to a whole other level. Kevin Boyd is an undrafted free agent we signed that we feel has a lot of upside to him. I think he flashed some of his capabilities in the two games and is someone we're excited to see grow into his skill set moving forward. Another player that is looking to make a big impact for us this season is David Wiggins. He looks explosive off the snap and has the ability to create consistent pressure and make plays in the backfield. And I can't not talk about Elias in the kicking game. Only missed one field goal and hit 3 from 40 or beyond. Even flashed his ability to hit the coffin corner punt. Probably not another talent as unique as Elias in the entire league. And I know everyone was probably wondering what the hell was Anthony Smith doing out there punting? He saw Elias getting to go out and have a little fun and wanted to put his skills to the test. And you want to talk about consistency? Just like his ability to consistently not allow sacks, he went out there and consistently punted the ball for 28 yards. It was fun to watch, that's for sure. As for failure to live up to expectations... no, not in the preseason games. It's more about getting up to game speed and working on things we want to implement in the regular season. "

2. Did anyone earn or lose a starting job in pre-season?  If so who and why / talk about your thoughts on your position battles?

" Not to my knowledge. I think we were pretty set for the most part heading into the season in terms of starters were concerned. "

3. Talk about your season opener, who do you expect to stand out most for your team?

" We head to the North to face our Cascadian rivals in the Vancouver Wolfpack. First game of the season is always a mixed can as you try and execute all the things you worked on in training camp. We know Vancouver played very well in their expansion season last year and will look to improve upon that this season. I think you're going to see a very game Elias come out of the gates this season on a mission and he's who I'd expect to stand out the most for our team as he'll make an early season statement to the rest of the league. "

4. What is the one thing your fans should expect to see this week?

" That we're legit title contenders this season. We know last season we were able to get a taste of some postseason success, but now with that monkey off our back, we can hone in our the ultimate goal. And they should expect to see a team that they can envision lifting up that IMPACT Bowl trophy at seasons end. "

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: February 22, 2021, 01:21:19 AM »

Alright, a tough division game right of the blocks, we can't afford to start slow, so I say we throw the kitchen sink at them right from the jump.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: February 23, 2021, 01:45:02 AM »

I certainly won't object to that. No reason to play our cards close to our chest. Teams are going to be gunning for us all season because they know how talented this team is. I wish I had more to really go over with you Coach, but with our unfortunate lack of depth at most positions, our starters are known.

So with that said, before I get straight to a lock-in. Do you feel Robert Martin will be able to handle the role of WR3 as a rookie? I know he didn't get much action in the preseason to get a good grasp on that, but that's my fault for not getting him in a position to do that.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: February 23, 2021, 03:47:42 PM »

Yeah he's definitely our best option right now.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: February 23, 2021, 11:53:50 PM »

What was your thoughts on Kevin Boyd? He looked pretty good in the two preseason games. Think we have something there that we can develop into a future starting piece?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: February 24, 2021, 02:17:32 PM »

He has some decent tools, nothing incredible yet, but he is extremely competitive, so he works harder than most.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: February 25, 2021, 09:37:56 AM »

More of a project guy. We can work with that. Ok Coach, time to kick this season off with a bang.

WEEK 1 @ Vancouver Wolfpack
- Player Rotation: Mostly Starters
- Tempo: Fast
- Strategy Changes: Coaches decision.

"RAISE THE AXE !"

WEEK ONE LOCK IN

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: February 28, 2021, 05:09:10 PM »

SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS
PRESS CONFERENCE

SEASON 14 - WEEK 1

1. Talk about your game this week, highlights and lowlights.

" Obviously it was a roller coaster of events that transpired over the past few days for us and Vancouver to get the game finalized. In the unfinished game, we looked good early, especially defensively, before Vancouver pulled away in the second half. Even still, we recovered an onside kick and I felt good about our situation to make an heroic comeback before mother nature had other ideas. The Elias run in the first half that got points on the board for our offense is a highlight reel play that will be played throughout the season. He's the type of player that you can't look away from or else you might miss something special on the field. In the re-do, it was another close affair and back and forth battle. We came out of the gates with some energy and felt good going into the half, but the fatigue started to set in from the quick turnaround and let Vancouver back into the game. And when it appeared they might pull away, Elias led a game tying touchdown drive with under a minute left. Looked like we were headed for overtime, but give credit to Vancouver for not just running down the clock to play the extra frame and took a shot. John Young got a step on our secondary and unfortunately took it to the house for what ended up being the game winning score. It was a tough finish to a tough week and one we are happy to put in the rearview mirror. "

2. Talk about your teams news story along with the Seattle/Vancouver restart, and any other stories that caught your eye.

" I personally wouldn't have made the decision the league decided to go with. My first concern was for my players safety of playing two games in that close of proximity. I know the league was caught in-between a rock and hard place, so I can't be too judgmental in the ruling that was given. I think everyone involved is just happy it's over with and we can all move forward into the season. The hope is that the league creates some plan of action for dealing with this sort of anomality in the future though.

That Justin Fields run was something the see. Avoiding a few sacks that would've resulted in a safety, to then take it 99 yards. Pretty incredible play. And that 13-sack display by Oakland... yeah, I'd say we're all now aware of the potent pass rushing attack of Oakland under Coach Tarr is. And lastly, it's pretty crazy talking about someone already chasing down Curt Robles records. It'll be an exciting week to week storyline to watch throughout the season. "   

3. Did your starting quarterback live up to your week one expectations?  Where could he be better this week?

" Yeah, I think quarterback is not a position I have to currently worry about living up to expectations. Elias is something that continually produces for this team with his arm and legs and wins us football games. Nitpicking on where he could've been better is exactly that, nitpicking. "

4. Talk about your game this weekend, where do you hold the edge in your mind?

" Was hoping to hear something about the league giving us and Vancouver both a week off, but looks like we'll play a 3rd game in a matter of a week. And we have a tough team like Miami coming to our house. We'll have to be efficient offensively and might even need to change our normal pace to be a little more reserved and slower to conserve some energy in this one. I think our defensive line will have the edge in the trenches and if they can create Ryan to throw quicker without being able to go through his reads and interrupt the run game behind the line of scrimmage, then it'll give us the opportunity to get our offense back on the field. "

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: March 02, 2021, 12:30:28 PM »

You know, the second game might not have been so bad if we picked up the win, but yeah.. a doubly rough start to the season man.   I think we give the guys a lot of non-contact practice this week and a heavier emphasis on film study to make sure we're as rested as possible, Miami's looking tough this year so we need to be ready for a physical game.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: March 03, 2021, 01:47:55 PM »

It was another disappointing beginning to the season, but at least it's something we know we can bounce back from. Seems Miami is a tough team every season and they still have a bulk of the players that led them to an Impact Bowl title on their team. I hope our fatigue won't be an issue and if it's not and we're able to control the pace of the game how we want to, it's a game that we should be able to walk away from with a victory. What's the pulse like in the locker room after the marathon this past week? I know the physical fatigue is there, but is there any reason to believe they won't be mentally recovered for the game against Miami?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: March 03, 2021, 04:53:19 PM »

If anything the hunger is there to erase the sting from the lose.  We know we're the better team, so Miami is our chance to prove that.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: March 05, 2021, 03:31:54 PM »

Love hearing that. I was going to ask about our offensive tempo, but after talking things out, I think we'll be fine with status quo. If you feel the need to change that up with in-game adjustments, you of course have that leeway. Other than that, let's get ourselves in the win column and on the right trajectory.

WEEK 2 vs. Miami Killer Whales
- Depth Chart Changes: Coaches decision.

"RAISE THE AXE !"

WEEK TWO LOCK IN

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: March 16, 2021, 01:45:17 AM »

SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS
PRESS CONFERENCE

SEASON 14 - WEEK 2

1. Talk about your game this week, who were you impressed with on the other team?

" We knew this would be a hard fought game no matter the circumstances. Miami is a very talented football team and it took 60 plus minutes of hard work to come out with this victory, our first of the new season. It could've been easy for this team to pack it in and take this game off after what occurred against Vancouver in week one or after the Whales forced overtime, but it shows you what type of character this team has. We make no excuses. We take no games off. I love how we embody the team mentality and just damn proud of the effort we displayed this week. No ifs, ands, or butts about it... we deserved this win. You have to credit Miami though, they have so many players on their team that you can point to as someone who came away impressing me. You have my nephew Ryan, who had no quit after a tough game with a touchdown pass to force overtime. You have the versatile Maria Crews. The stout defense led by guys like Chow, Freese, and Cotter. But I have to say, that John Peyton. I know a lot of people think the fullback position is dying, but are you kidding me with his night? Twelve pancakes, caught four passes for nine yards, and just for good measure... an eight yard touchdown run to give his team the lead in the fourth. Hell of an effort by that kid. "       

2. Talk about yours and any other news that stood out, especially the potential investigation in Lincoln related to PEDs that is being rumored.

" Talking about being impressed. I swear Elias is going to run out of things to do that just blows me away. But I sure as heck hope not, haha. That was exactly as the headline referred it as... legendary. If you want to know how important making Seattle a champion is to Elias... look no further than this game. When I saw him trotting back out, with his nose taped up to secure his broken nose, it was the jolt this team needed as we saw Miami tie the game up to force overtime. Incredible display of guts and appetite for greatness. Truly something special.

I think sometimes we let the heat of the moment cloud our judgement. Colvin had a great game and took the bait from a journalist asking a question about a rumored investigation. Nobody wants to be labeled a cheater or be accused of one. I'm sure Colvin wishes he thought his answer out a bit more. There is no witch hunt led by Commissioner Turpin against the Lincoln franchise. I was around for the original Turpin Report and I still commend the job our Commissioner did in helping clean up this sport. And if there is anybody taking shortcuts, I know this league and our sport is in good hands. "

3. Where do you rank your eye for talent right now, is this team what you thought it would be so far?

" I'd like to think it's good otherwise my career has been sheer luck. We're only two games into the season, but I couldn't be happier about the team I've assembled this season. What these past two weeks have shown me though is that we are mentality, physically, and spiritually ready to accomplish the goals we have set for ourselves. "

4. Talk about your game this weekend, but more importantly talk about who you believe could surprise people and win an award like offensive and defensive player of the week.

" We get to stay home and welcome a new-look Knights team. Make no mistake about it though, they are still chalked full of talent. Still can't believe the move GM Digger made over the offseason, but the return of a man I respect greatly in Mr. Death has made sure a rebuild isn't necessary. They are coming off an offensive explosion against a tough Tottenham squad, so their momentum will be riding high. It starts with containing the uber talented Shawn Simon. That's a task Lightner and Black are able to see through. We have such a well balanced defensive team that any of our guys could realistically emerge as a player of the week winner, but one guy who I feel is often overlooked in the league is Nelson Lai. His innate ability to drop back into coverage, rush the quarterback, and stuff the run is a recipe for things like player of the week. And offensively, I think of someone like Quan Black that could have himself a big game running behind our talented line and using his shiftiness to avoid defenders while also having the hands to catch the ball with some open space. It's only a matter of time before he has a big time performance. " 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: March 20, 2021, 10:11:36 AM »
ROBERT WOO ENTERS YOUR OFFICE

Boss, with Hilton likely not playing, I just wanted to make sure you knew that I was ready to step into the guard role and start since we lack real good depth on the line.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: March 23, 2021, 06:40:56 PM »

Robert, I really appreciate you stepping up and letting us know you're willing to do whatever is necessary to help this team win football games. One of the things I've always admired about you and are big reasons why I consistently sign you onto my teams is that versatility and team player mentality. I will discuss whether placing you in the guard position if Hilton is unable to play is the move we want to make, but knowing we have that option is a huge bonus in our game planning preparations. I know back in D.C., we worked you a bit at right tackle, but is the guard position something you have played in the past? 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: March 26, 2021, 11:20:09 PM »

I played guard here and there, especially when it comes to working over the last years as a back up in the league.  I'm actually more comfortable at guard than I am at tackle.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: March 28, 2021, 05:05:54 PM »

That would be my guess to as it definitely fits closer to same type of blocking technique that you use as a center. Thanks again Robert, I'll talk with Coach and see if that is something we'll need to explore moving forward.

Starr, can you let Coach Graham know I'm ready to discuss this weeks matchup.

Hey Coach, great win against a very difficult Miami squad. And now we face San Antonio. Hopefully Elias will be good to go for the game and if Hilton is unable to go, I just had Robert Woo visit with me and let me know he's ready to step in to play guard if we need him too. Back to the Elias injury, do you feel its something he'd be able to play through if the doctors clear him? Or let me phrase it this way, would it be on our greater interest to let the nose heal than risk the recovery process by playing him?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: April 05, 2021, 09:34:51 AM »

I think he will be okay without a major risk of reinjury.   He plans to wear one of those basketball-type face shields under his helmet so he should be fine.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: April 08, 2021, 12:23:04 PM »

Hopefully that'll bring an intimidation factor along with it. Alright Coach, I think that about does it for me this week then. Have nothing else to really touch base with you on. Let's use this momentum from the Miami win and send the Knights packing with another loss.

WEEK 3 vs. San Antonio Knights
- Depth Chart Changes: If Chris Hilton is unable to play, Robert Woo to start at Guard.

"RAISE THE AXE !"

WEEK THREE LOCK IN

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: April 24, 2021, 07:20:09 PM »

SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS
PRESS CONFERENCE

SEASON 14 - WEEK 3

1. Talk about your game this week and your team news.

" It's not often I have to stand up here and talk about a loss like the one that was dealt to us by the San Antonio Knights this week. While I was hoping we could shake off the early season struggles that has apparently been somewhat of a theme for this team, it was a very frustrating game in which it seemed the Knights could do nothing wrong. You have to give a tremendous amount of credit over to them for that performance and having their team ready to come into our building and give us that kind of beating. And for us, I hope its the kick in the butt that'll get us going on the right path. I look back at last season and both times we got our butts kicked, in Week 2 against Bama and in Week 9 against Miami, we bounced back with long winning streaks. If we want to achieve our goals this season, we'll need to repeat with that same type of success and urgency. As for you all always trying to find ways to drag Elias' name down, he did everything he could think of late to try and get our team back into contention and San Antonio was able to take advantage of our offense trying to force some big plays. I agree with Coach Graham, we're not in the least bit worried about his three interception game and nor should we be. " 

2. Talk about any news that caught your eye.

" I know I've heard my name tossed around as the potential new Dallas general manager and let me just squash that rumor bug right now. I'm not going anywhere unless Mr. Reigns decides he needs to move on from me. I'm sure Mr. Tex will find a good suitor for that position and I wish him the best in his pursuit. I'm sure it's just a playful jab by the fans, but GM Rebel has openly discussed his personal life struggles and I hope he can get things arranged appropriately so he can return to his GM duties full-time. "

3. What game other than yours do you plan to watch this week?

" I honestly will try and catch as many of them as I possibly can. But a few games that I will absolutely not miss a down of game action is Alabama/Vancouver and San Antonio/Las Vegas. I think both those contests have the potential to be really great games.  "

4. What is the number one item on your agenda this bye-week, and do you plan on working your players or giving them a break?

" It'll be something I'll need to discuss with my coaching staff in terms of what we do. Having a bye week this early in the season is a disadvantage, so ideally, it'll probably be best to give the players a little bit of rest and get our bodies physically and mentally prepared for at least 13 straight weeks of football. The number one agenda will be to try and fix our defensive woes. We haven't played up to our skill and ability and we'll need to figure out a new plan of action to get that side of the football back to playing more cohesive. " 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: April 27, 2021, 11:44:20 PM »

I hope this week is a serious wake up call to anyone on the team who is dragging or coasting.  We can't afford "off-nights" right now, so guys better come to the stadium ready to play like it's their last freaking game.   

I agree about the rest this week, but I want the team to know that when we come back to work, the shit is ON.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: April 29, 2021, 06:38:26 PM »

I'm not sure if I should be concerned that this happens each season or relish knowing our team has consistently responded in these situations. Either way, our first game out of the bye could really make or break this season. Let's see how bad the guys want it.

As for the bye itself, I really don't have much to go over Coach. I was going to use this time to talk to a few of the guys, but that's about it. You feel good about how we're set up strategy wise and depth chart wise?   

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: May 02, 2021, 06:05:25 PM »

I'd like to try upping the run a bit to see if we can get Quan going a little better, we need to take some of the work load off of Elias when we can.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 02, 2021, 08:23:04 PM »

I like the thinking behind that. A strong run game will only increase our options in the pass game too. We'll go through with those changes out of our bye and see how that adjustment looks on the field. Alright Coach, enjoy the small break we do get and good luck on getting these guys back on the winning path again.

Starr, can you call in Elias Ibrahimovic for me please.

Hey Elias, tough go of things through the first few weeks, but nothing we can't overcome. How is the nose healing up?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: May 02, 2021, 09:09:23 PM »

The breathing has become easier, but I am still unable to use my gifts to pleasure the ladies.. Other than this inconvenience, the nose is fine.

The schedule is not kind to us after our break, but I look forward to humbling all of our unbeaten opponents when we get back to the field.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: May 04, 2021, 01:10:25 AM »

Lincoln, Bama, Vegas coming off our bye. Not easy in the slightest, but we know we're able to compete and beat any team in the league with you leading the way. There is no better dish served than a sweet slice of humble pie. Enjoy this time and continue letting that nose heal up.

Starr, can you call in Sam Rose.

Hey Sam, tough beginning to the season. We seem to be playing below our talent level. What is your take on things since you are on the field and see it first hand. Chalk it up to early season struggles while chemistry is building or do you see a flaw that needs fixed?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: May 04, 2021, 02:39:37 PM »

Honestly boss, I think it's just a funk.  Guys are playing hard across the board on defense, we're just having some inconsistencies, but its not a work ethic issue.   I'm not worried, yet.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1351
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 08, 2021, 01:27:41 AM »

All good things to hear. I appreciate the honesty. Alright Sam, hopefully you and the boys can turn things around out of this bye week and get this team back to our winning ways. Enjoy the break.

SEATTLE LUMBERJACKS
PRESS CONFERENCE

SEASON 14 - WEEK 4

1. Talk about your week.

" Spent some time relaxing, but mostly, it was working with our coaching staff in preparing this team to come out of this bye week with a sense of urgency. We have a tough slate in front of us and that starts with our upcoming contest in Lincoln. "

2. Talk about any news that caught your eye.

" Quite an entrance back to the GM desk by Chris Strike. It's good to see him back in the front office of a HIFL franchise and he's sure to make Dallas a contender sooner rather than later.

Hell of a career from Noah Rose and while I'm disappointed to hear of his sexual misconduct, I think he is taking the right steps to grow from those decisions and become a better role model and person. He has a unique opportunity to take something that was horrible and turn it into something that can be influence a culture change. I hope the victims are at peace with the decision, it takes a lot of bravery to speak out against that type of behavior and especially when it's against a famous athlete. I hope that can carry on living a happy and fulfilled life. "   

3. After 1/4 of the season, where do you see a potential area your team could buy or sell from?

" Our team isn't specifically a quarter of the way through the season yet, but to be honest... I haven't given much thought about buying or selling from any area of our team. It's still very young into the season for us and over the next difficult stretch of games, we'll be able to see what type of identity we will carve out. "

4. Talk about your game this week, what needs to change with your team this week as you head into the 2nd quarter of the season?

" We open up our post bye week with a trip to our postseason nemesis in Lincoln. They are coming off a nail-biting loss to Oakland to enter the loss column for the first time this season, so we know they'll be eager to avoid slipping into a losing streak. We need to protect the football better and we simply put, need to play better defense. We'll see if we can put together a full sixty minutes of quality football and try and get our season back in the right direction. "

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 50,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65533
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: Today at 12:51:41 PM »

Boss, I'm taking it on myself to challenge our defense this week.. We got to get stops and force punts, we're giving up too many scores and I'm calling my guys out on it and see if they can step up before its too late.