Author Topic: TEAM: CLEVELAND MUSTANGS  (Read 27314 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
TEAM: CLEVELAND MUSTANGS
« on: August 02, 2016, 06:23:46 PM »

Team Information
City: Cleveland, Ohio
Conference:  Eastern
Division: North
Team Owner: Ace Profits
Team Secretary: Ivanka Profits

Official Colors:

Red (#C8102E)
Blue (#5091CD)

Team History:
The Predators of Pearl Harbor where founded by Rex Raptor, Football fan and Dinosaur enthusiast. After realizing his massive excavation project in Hawaii was pointless due to the lack of successful digs, Rex decided to turn the excavation site into a football stadium, and so the Predators were born! 

In season 1 The Predators finished 8-8 and clinched the last playoff spot in the West, a 24-31 loss to Tombstone ended their season in the first round of the post season.  The next year they again squeaked into the post season with an 8-8 record, and once again fell to the #1 seed, this time the Lincoln Pride (27-30).  After the season, The Predators let QB Thomas Blaine test free agency and signed unproven 22 year old QB Jose Pruitt.  Pruitt, who had never started an HIFL game in his career stepped into the starting job and used both his arm and his legs to win games for the Predators.  In his first season Pruitt lead the Preds to a 10-6 record, good for the 2nd seed in the West.  In the teams first home playoff game in history the Lincoln Pride once again ruined Pearl Harbor's season with a 35-23 win, but Pruitt would again lead the Predators to the 2nd seed in Season 4 behind a 9-7 record.  This time in the playoffs Pearl Harbor finally got a win, defeated the Tombstone Outlaws 34-20 in front of a fired up Hawaiian crowd!  Unfortunately for the Preds, they would get topped by 17 by the Las Vegas Scorpions in the Conference finals.

Pearl Harbor's offensive line boasts two pro bowl guards 24 year old Albert Esparza (S3, S4) and 28 year old Kevin Corral (S2), but the tackles are in need of an upgrade with Jonathan Case (28) giving up 34 sacks in his 4 seasons with the Preds and aging veteran Stanley Wright (31) being average at best. The prize jewel of the O-line however may be last years first round pick, Dale Hooker (24) who only allowed 1 sack in his rookie year after starting all 16 games.

While the teams receiving corps is aging it has still produced with 32 year old Ernest Carr still earning 739 yards and 5 TD catches as he declines towards retirement and Juan Gorham (33) continues to amazing with a 1310 yard season with 14 touchdowns as the teams #1 option.  The only young receiver in the group is Michael Hodge, S2 #1 overall pick (by Vegas) but Hodge's career has been marred by controversy.  As rookie, Hodge failed to crack the starting lineup for the Scorpions, but even as the #3 option he caught 43 balls for 1087 yeards and 3 touchdowns with 19 catches going for 20+ and 10 of those going for 40+ yards  on his way to the S2 Rookie of the Year Award... but after a run in with the Vegas PD Hodge was suspended for the postseason and found himself in a trade sending him to Pearl Harbor for draft picks.  Hodge immediately got off on the wrong foot with the Predators coaching staff however and only started 1 game in his two seasons with the team so far.  Now he enters the final year of his rookie deal.  Making $3MM, Hodge hopes to show he deserves a payday and is worth the headache he can be for a team and/or GM.

On Defense the Predators best defensive back is hands down S1 D-ROTY Theodore Schumacher. Theo has 16 INT's in 4 years with the Predators and at 26 is the one of the youngest players in the secondary, with 23 year old Andrew Reynolds being the only one younger (23). The only real pass rushing threat the team has at this time is Matthew Alvarado (29). The linebacker recorded 7 sacks last season to go along with his 80 tackles.

Mr. Raptor is ready to infuse youth into this team, he believes winning in the playoffs in the future is more important than returning to the playoffs this season, so an incoming GM can come in and build for the future.

After two years of terrible GM work and losing money, Rex Raptor sold the team to Ace Profits who announced that the team would leave Pearl Harbor after season 7.   The team landed in Cleveland and was re-branded as the Mustangs for the start of Season 8.

Season 1: 8-8
Season 2: 8-8
Season 3: 10-6
Season 4: 9-7
Season 5: 4-12 [GM Metro / GM Franchise]
Season 6: 3-13 [GM Franchise]
Season 7: 11-5 [GM Dazz]
Season 8: 12-4 [GM Dazz]
Season 9: 11-5 [GM Dazz]
Season 10: 8-7-1 [GM Eli]

Playoff Appearances:
S1 Conference Semi Finals)
S2 Conference Semi Finals)
S3 (Conference Semi Finals)
S4 Conference Finals)
S7 (Conference Finals)
S8 (Conference Semi Finals)
S9 (Conference Semi Finals)

RETIRED NUMBERS:
None

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 02:02:10 PM by Talon »
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: CLEVELAND MUSTANGS
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 12:34:17 AM »
WELCOME TO THE SEASON 7 OFF-SEASON

You currently have: $2.75MM in PR from Season 7.  You may spend this at anytime before the Start of the 2017 HIFL Amateur Draft.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 02:07:24 PM »
Ms Profits, welcome to the organisation. Could you get Coach Blitzer for me if he's back, please?
------

Welcome to Cleveland... not quite Hawaii is it. So now we share a division with the Dragons and DC... a good chance for us to show we really are the best. We've lost a few key players to retirement but that frees up some space on the roster and I already have one move pretty much wrapped up to fill a big hole. We'll talk about players shortly but I wanted your view on assistants. I'm torn between a front seven coach a skills coach. Which do you think would be the most helpful?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 02:19:03 PM »

With us needing to generate more sacks for the defense and to continue to develop our rookies, I'd like a front 7 coach, but at the same time, do we want 3 defensive coaches and only Coach Roy working the offense?

...It's a decision that i feel we are fine with either way, depending on what you want to improve most.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 02:35:12 PM »
You and I think alike on this. I'll reach out to a few people and see what I can do. I'll sort out a few staffing issues while you get settled and then we'll discuss players.
-----

Coach Hall please, Ms Profits.
-----

Coach, welcome to the Mustangs. That will take getting used to. As promised, I think it's time we discussed your contract. I'd like to double your deal, so 3 years at $3million. You've certainly earned it. What do you think?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 02:41:32 PM »

While I appreciate the sentiment of the doubled salary, I feel like with the recent deals signed in the market, a defensive coordinator is worth more than $3MM.  I would sign for 3 years and $6MM.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 03:20:53 PM »
I'm going to be honest, we can't afford it. When the contracts for the previous coaches clear we could go up to that but all I can offer now is $4million. How about you see out your current deal but with a raise to $4m and we'll look at it again next season?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 03:26:26 PM »

Fair enough for me.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 03:45:53 PM »
Thanks for compromising on that, Coach. We'll revisit this when the money's there.
The secondary has stayed pretty much intact from last season, just Vernon to talk about. What did you make of him?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 03:57:54 PM »

I think a more veteran backup would be suitable.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 01:17:55 PM »
I'll see what i can do. There should be some good free agents coming out of the APL. How has Kim come along over the season? Is he looking any closer to taking over from Head?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2016, 01:25:19 PM »

I think so. Hoping he has a strong off-season.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 01:33:23 PM »
That's good to hear. I have high hopes for him, if we can keep him motivated. I'll let you get back to settling in. Thanks for your time, Coach.
------

Ms Profits, could you get Stephen Cotter on the line for me please?
------

Mr Cotter, it's GM Dazz here at Cleveland. I just wanted to give you a call to welcome you to the Mustangs. We think you could be what our pass rush is missing and I'm excited to have you as part of the team. With you, Taylor and Embiid all playing in a Blitzer defense I'm sure we're going to see something special. 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2016, 01:45:40 PM »

The Cotter looks forward to destroying people next season; The Cotter specifically looks forward to destroying those punk ass bitches in New Jersey next season for underappreciating what the Cotter brings to the field on a daily basis. 

The Cotter is a franchise defensive player.

The Cotter is deserving of much more than being traded away.

The Cotter is deserving of a new $12MM per season with $3MM in PR contract, effective immediately.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2016, 03:02:04 PM »
I appreciate your enthusiasm. I think you're right, you are a franchise quality defensive player and I'd like you here for the long term. I'll get in touch with your agent and we'll work something out. Once again, welcome to the Mustangs.
-------

Ms Profits, it seems I need to speak to Eli Harris about The Cotter. Could you set that up for me, please?
-------
 Mr Harris, a pleasure to speak to you again. I've had The Cotter on the phone and he's looking for a new contract. His demands are a bit higher than I can go but we're not too far off what I think is fair. If he wants to be a franchise player then he needs to be showing franchise commitment. I'm going to counter his demands with an offer of $10mil and $2M PR for 6 years. I realise the PR might be an issue but I'm still carrying old coaches' contracts this year and to be honest, after what's happened off-field the past 2 seasons I'm reluctant to make him the face of the organisation. If he gives us a clean year with no off-field issues then we can revisit the PR at the end of the season. How does that sound?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 03:20:19 PM »

The Cotter hears you called Eli Harris; that punk ass is no longer The Cotter's agent.

The Cotter handles his own business... So lets talk turkey.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 03:31:41 PM »
Ah, I wasn't aware of that. I'll say the same to you that I did to him, in that case. I am certainly willing to offer you an improved contract and I actually think we're pretty close to each other's positions. I think you're going to be a big success here so if you want to be a franchise player I'm happy to have you. I can't go as high as you've asked, though. I can double your salary to $10million but I can only offer your current $2million in PR and I'd want 6 years commitment. Give me a clean season with no off-field problems and I'll be happy to revisit the PR at the end of the year.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 03:34:47 PM »

Make it a fully guaranteed deal and The Cotter will sign, without need for more PR in the future.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 04:17:21 PM »
So $10million and $2million PR for 6 years, no trade and no amnesty. I'm happy with that and I'll pass it on to the league. I have a lot of faith in The Cotter and I know you're going to prove the league wrong. I expect to see you named league MVP sooner rather than later. With this contract, you're going to be one of the leaders on this team now and I'm sure you can definitely step up to that. I'm excited to see you get started.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 04:35:11 PM »

The Cotter is pleased and ready to destroy the rest of the HIFL.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2016, 06:28:01 PM »
So am I. Looking forward to it. I'll see you at pre-season. My door is always open, though.
-------

Ms Profits, I had better speak to Mr Profits if he's available.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2016, 06:38:15 PM »

My father is currently in a meeting Mr. Dazz, can I take a message?

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2016, 06:51:52 PM »
No, there wasn't anything pressing. I thought he'd want to review the season we've just had and discuss our off-season goals but if he's happy to leave that to me then I'll just keep at it. If you could just let him know I'm available when he's ready I'd appreciate it. In the meantime, I'd like to speak to Coach Blitzer again.
------

Coach, we have Darren Hall signed up on a better contract and The Cotter tied in long term. I know it's a huge risk but, with his on field ability, I thought it was one worth taking. I wanted to make one statement signing this year and I think we've definitely done that. What that statement is is yet to be seen. I'm confident that you can handle him and that a happy Cotter will be devastating out on the field. Coach Hall doesn't want to re-sign Vernon so unless you disagree I may look elsewhere for a more experienced backup for Taylor. We should have Brad back from his injury this season but I want to know what you thought of McLaughlin and Richard Johnson. I'll speak to Coach Roy about the offensive guys. 

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2016, 08:49:13 PM »

I think McLaughlin is worth retaining for sure, as for Johnson, he'd be serviceable as a middle-tier expense.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2016, 02:05:12 AM »

GM Dazz, I've been offered an $8MM per season offer to join the Nighthawks, I wanted to give you the opportunity to match that contract before I decide my future. 

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2016, 02:50:33 AM »
Coach Blitzer is the head coach here so I can't stand in the way if Alabama are offering you their head coach position.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2016, 06:39:31 PM »
A DISGRUNTLED AND SUDDENLY VASTLY UNDERPAID COACH ROY LEAVES YOUR OFFICE

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2016, 07:04:33 PM »
Miss Profits, could you get the league office for me please.
-------

I wish to report GM Pancho and the Alabama Nighthawks for tampering. I just had my offensive coordinator, Marshal Roy, in my office telling me he's been offered an $8million contract by their organisation. As I believe they've already hired 2 head coaches this off-season I can only think that they meant for him to be their OC. Even if he doesn't join them, I now have a disgruntled coach on my staff due to the tampering of Alabama.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2016, 08:47:56 PM »

Sir, the league office has advised us that it was our case that alerted them to the need for a stricter watch for coordinator tampering.  Any matters like this in the future will be handled with swift justice.

Also, I spoke with my father, and he asked me to pass along his extreme happiness with your job so far as GM.  He also advised me to inform you that he is paying for our trip to the combine out of his own pocket.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2016, 06:31:53 AM »
I have to say I'm disappointed that the league is going to let our team be destabilized like that because others have breached the rules. We'll have to just get on with it though.
With that in mind, I'd like to organise some sponsorship deals now that we're in a new stadium and a new territory. Could you make the following approaches for me, please:

To Ford to become our official vehicle partner. We'll have their logos on billboards around the stadium, allow them to use our logo and name in their advertising campaigns, include their vehicles in some of our PR campaigns and we'll have a brand new Mustang placed prominently behind one of our endzones which we will give away in prize draws during the season.

I'd like to offer Wendy's the first opportunity to bid for the contract for the concession stands within the stadium.

I'd like to approach Abbercrombie and Fitch about renting the flagship store on our concourse. I'd also like to offer a deal for them to produce lines of Mustang branded casual clothing such as shirts and polo shirts.

Could we also put our official kit supplier out to tender?

Could you find out from the league whether it's permitted to place a sponsor's logo under the number on the front of our jersey like they do in the European "soccer" leagues?

Finally, for now, would your father allow us to sell the naming rights to our stadium?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2016, 07:10:33 PM »

We are not allowed to place sponsor logos on our uniforms per league bylaws, but everything else I submitted and here is what I have found out.

1.  Ford will make a deal with us to include your proposal, and also purchase the naming rights to the stadium.  Their offer is $3MM per season for 3 seasons.

2. Wendy's and Abbercrombie and Fitch would combine to offer us $1MM per year for the deals proposed to them.

3. My father would approve the naming rights deal with Ford.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2016, 09:44:53 AM »
Thank you Miss Profits. I'll sign off those deals and get the paperwork to the league. Could you confirm how much detail the league needs on that, please? Also, could you get me in touch with Coach Roy again?
-------

Coach, I know our last conversation didn't end how either of us wanted but you left before I could talk about your contract. I'm not happy that you've been talking to other teams behind my back but I do agree that you've earned a raise. I'd like to offer you $6million a year to cover the remainder of your current deal.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2016, 02:11:03 PM »

If you simply send the financial details to the league office we are all set sir.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2016, 02:11:48 PM »

I appreciate the offer GM Dazz, I apologize for my attitude, I just felt a little slighted after our last talk, I'll gladly take that deal and get back to work. 

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2016, 03:30:38 PM »
I'm very glad to have you back on board. I've negotiated a deal to bring Dale Hooker back to the team and I have a few other negotiations to carry out before ERFA finishes. Unfortunately I couldn't come to an agreement with Ricky Lackey, which is a blow. I won't be offering Sharkey a new deal, unless you saw something I didn't in the past year. What did you make of Ferris, Morey and Beal? Are any of them worth bringing back if I can get team friendly deals?

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2016, 03:31:09 PM »
Not Beal, I meant Bell. Sorry, slip of the tongue.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2016, 04:00:50 PM »

Nothing really stood out in particular to me, nothing we couldn't get from anyone in free agency or the draft for an affordable deal. 

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2016, 05:26:42 PM »
Thank you for the input, Coach. I'll let you get back to preparing for the combine. Once again, I'm glad to have you back and happy again. There's a lot more to come from this offense and I look forward to seeing what you can do with it.
-------

Miss Profits, I'm going to be working on contract offers for a while. If there are any calls you can put them straight through to me though.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2016, 11:26:12 PM »

Will do Mr. Dazz

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2016, 03:15:32 PM »
Could I speak to Coach Blitzer please?
-------

Coach, I must apologise for that ERFA. It was a bit of a disaster but when you have GMs throwing stupid money around with no thought for team building it's always going to inflate the market. I think I've managed to limit the damage with that Oakland trade. It's freed up a bit of money for rookies and free agency now, too. The defense looks stronger than last year so I think offence is where we need to look. Would you agree?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2016, 04:12:43 PM »

Definitely agree.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2016, 04:15:24 AM »
Miss Profits, could you get me in touch with the team doctor please?
--------

I need to ask about 2 of our players. Firstly, we lost Caleb to a pretty bad injury in the playoffs. Will he be ready to go by the time preseason starts?
Secondly, we have Brad coming back from his injury this season. How long will it likely be before he's 100% again? I don't want to put him at too much risk too early after an injury like that.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2016, 10:07:26 AM »

Sir, we are being told that both men will not only be ready for our first games, but will be full healthy participants in training camp.  Such good news.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2016, 12:59:05 PM »
That is good news, thank you for the update.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2016, 11:34:20 AM »
Could you get me in touch with the agent for Daniel Roman, please?.
--------

We're pleased to have been able to draft your client and I think he has a lot of potential. Still needs a year or 2 to develop so 3 years at $2.5 million is our offer.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2016, 12:17:45 PM »

Sounds like a deal to me.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2016, 12:31:28 PM »
Glad to hear it. Good luck to you and your clients in the rest of the draft.
------

Miss Profits, can I speak to the agent for Terry Torres please?
------

I'd like to bring Torres to Cleveland for an initial 3 years at $2.5million.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2016, 01:48:03 PM »

Absolutely.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2016, 02:08:18 PM »
Fantastic. I'm glad we could come to a quick agreement.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2016, 02:21:24 AM »
Miss Profits, could I speak to the agent representing David Jordan please?