Author Topic: TEAM: CLEVELAND MUSTANGS  (Read 28734 times)

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: CLEVELAND MUSTANGS
« Reply #600 on: June 03, 2018, 01:48:41 PM »

I understand your frustration and wanting to play. Even respect it. But it's my job to put this team in what I consider to be the best position to win. Coach Blitzer and I are in unison on this just like we're in unison in our belief that you'll handle this like a pro and use it to improve. Now, go on and have a good day of practice and keep improving. Send Carmazzi in on your way out if you would.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 03, 2018, 03:17:54 PM »

...Yeah, whatever.

JORDAN LEAVES YOUR OFFICE, TIME PASSES BY BUT KING CARMAZZI DOESN'T SHOW UP... AN HOUR OR SO LATER HE DOES, LOOKING CONFUSED.

Hey boss, DJ told me to meet you in the parking lot, and I was there waiting for like, a long time... what's up?
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 03, 2018, 09:46:32 PM »

GM Eli mutters something under his breath about building a wall, but then clears his throat before responding to King.

Miscommunication. Nothing to worry about. Listen, Coach Blitzer and I have decided to make a change this week at Quarterback. After discussing our game plan for the week we've both agreed that you give us the best chance to come back home to Cleveland with a victory. Simply put, you're starting this week kid. How do you feel?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 04, 2018, 12:54:03 PM »

I'm ready to get to work.  I've been training hard to prove I'm not the bust everyone said I was.  I'll give you all I got boss.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 04, 2018, 08:19:56 PM »

That's the attitude we're looking for. You've got weapons around you to be successful so don't try to do too much. Remember it doesn't matter if you throw for 400 yards if we lose. Take care of the ball and count on the defense to shut down rapid city. You've got this. Like I said, coach and I believe in you. If you need anything my door is open. Now get back to practice. Would you tell Coach Roy I'd like to speak with him please?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 04, 2018, 09:02:17 PM »

Howdy there son, Marshall Roy here..  What can I do ya for?

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 04, 2018, 09:05:21 PM »

Pleasure to meet you coach. Can you give me a break down of our run and pass percentages by down and distance? And do you think we need to adjust our gameplan offensively with Caleb still being out and King Carmazzi taking over at QB?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 04, 2018, 10:49:38 PM »

Sure, not problem.  We're basically 75/25 on 1st down, unless its first and longer than 10, then its 47/53

2nd and short, 65/35.
2nd and long, 40/60
3rd and short, 65/35
3rd and long, 1/99
4th and short, 50/50
4th and long, 1/99
Goal line - 75/25
Last 2 minutes (ahead) - 75/35
Last 2 minutes (behind) - 5/95

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 04, 2018, 11:10:21 PM »

Thanks coach that looks good to me. I appreciate it. Let's get all of the coaches in here alright?

--

Guys, it's an honor to be able to work with you closely in this capacity. I know a GM coming in mid season isn't always ideal, and that some upheaval can come from it but each one of you have my full support. I believe in you guys, and in the work you're doing here with these boys. It's a big game for us this week against Rapid City. A win will bring us one step closer to winning our division, but more than that it will send a statement to the league. We're not just going to hope for a victory, though. We're not just going to wish for it. We're going to expect it. Anything less than a W is unacceptable. Lets get it done.

Depth Chart Changes
Set King Carmazzi to QB2
Set David Jordan to QB3
King Carmazzi to start in place of the injured Caleb Smoak
Richard Mead to start if Sheldon Howerton is ruled out
Michael Osario to start in place of Dale Hardaway if he is ruled out

Strategy Changes
Increase blitz percentage in all situations by 10%
Reduce tempo from Normal to slow

Everything else is Coaches Decisions

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts

LOCK IN

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 09, 2018, 02:39:00 PM »

1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

"Well, we had some good moments to be honest. We had a number of good drives. Zeke ran the ball really well and our defense played outstanding. To hold a Quarterback like Jose Pruitt to a 50% completion percentage, and keep him from throwing any touchdowns is an accomplishment especially against an offense like that one. We hurried him and made him uncomfortable all game long. Defensively I was proud of the way our guys played. Sure the yardage was there but really overall they played solidly. With that said, obviously when you lose, and when you lose by 18, something went wrong. For us this week it was penalties and dropped passes in crucial situations. To get into the red zone and then take a sack and then have back to back penalties really hurt us. If we're able to score a touchdown on that play instead of our momentum being killed I believe it's a whole different ball game. But, we played undisciplined football when it mattered most and against a team like Rapid City you can't do that. Hats off to those guys for executing their game plan well enough to walk away with the victory.

Still, if our receivers held on to a few more passes, and our guys didn't commit those penalties, I think we'd be sitting here discussing how King Carmazzi led this football team to a victory, and just how swift our defense played."

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?

"Well the news reports surrounding the Tulsa franchise have certainly been interesting. I feel for the organization and the players on the whole but situations like that often spiral out of control before you really get a full grip on what's going on. A slip of the tongue in a press conference and everyone loses their minds. Honestly, I'd have liked to have seen their Quarterback, Aaron Kitchen, behave a little more professionally. When you're the face of an organization you have a responsibility to do things a certain way publicly. But, with that said, we're all human and our emotions get the best of us all from time to time."

3. What do you bring to the table as a GM in the HIFL?  Do you expect early success?

"A willingness to take the burden off of our coaches shoulders and place it squarely upon my own, allowing these capable gentlemen to do their jobs to the best of their ability. I'm not the sort of man who is going to let his coaches take the blame for missteps and short comings. This organization, and its success or failure, is my responsibility and mine alone. I've been around this game for a while, and more over been a part of this city for most of my life. I bleed Cleveland through and through and there is nothing more that I want to see than the Cleveland Mustangs victorious in the Impact Bowl. I won't stop until we get there.

As it is, I'm blessed to have been hired to oversee an already immensely talented roster with men who not only want, but expect, to win now. So yes I expect to be successful. But I would expect to be successful with any franchise. The difference here in Cleveland is that I've been dealt a straight flush right from the get go."

4. With the draft class being announced later this week, do you plan to target personalities, skill sets, or position groups at the college showcase?

"Likely we're going to take a look at position groups this week, although you'd like to get a glimpse of all of the above to be honest. We'll go in with an open mind and see how things play out but again, I would expect our primary focus to be on position groups in general and from there trying to identify skill sets and personalities within those key groups."

5. What do you hope to gain most this week during the bye week, for yourself but also for your team?

"Our starting Quarterback. Caleb Smoak is an elite passer and leader, and getting him healthy again will greatly benefit this team. Both King Carmazzi and David Jordan filled in admirably in his absence and we're thankful for their hard work and commitment to this franchise. But yes, that's what we're looking to gain. To get Caleb back healthy, and to give us time to let the loss to Rapid City sink in and then use that as motivation in an effort to not have to feel that way again."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 11, 2018, 01:12:06 PM »

Well not the "welcome" we were wanting to give you, but it's not a real kick in the bollocks to lose to Rapid City, especially without our MVP.  We'll do our best to see them again, in the Impact Bowl.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 11, 2018, 02:04:08 PM »

Just one game, coach. Carmazzi managed the game which is exactly what we asked him to do. The defense got after Pruitt, which is exactly what we asked them to do. Just a few boneheaded mistakes in clutch situations did us in. If we get another shot at them in the Impact Bowl I have no doubt that the outcome will be different.

With that said as we prepare for the stuff going on in the bye week, can you tell me what our drafting situation looks like coming up or is that handled by someone else?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 11, 2018, 09:56:29 PM »

I can cover that, typically you'd talk to the secretary about it, but it's really not a big deal.

Currently we have all of our draft picks for next season, and no additional picks from other teams.  Mr. Profits was very clear during the off-season that we would not make any draft moves so that when a new GM took over he would have a clean slate to work with.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 12, 2018, 03:31:13 PM »

"Good deal, Coach. Thanks for the quick breakdown there. Now, given your expertise with the defense I wanted to get your thoughts on our defensive backs I wanted to get your opinion on the guys we have right now. We've got a kid in Matthew Graham who seems to have his head screwed on straight, and talent to go along with that. Given the aggressive nature of our defense, pressure is going to be put on our DB's. Do you think this kid has it in him to make the switch to cornerback?

There's a few other options I'm considering but I'd like your opinion on that first.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 12, 2018, 05:09:06 PM »

It would be a project for sure, but I believe he has the tools to succeed anywhere in the secondary, given time to adapt.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: June 13, 2018, 12:03:13 PM »

"Lets consider that for a day or two before making any firm decisions on whether to make that leap with him or not. Not to keep jumping around but I'd like to get your opinions of the guys we've got with our minor league affiliate, would like to hear Marshall's opinion on Smith specifically and Peter's opinions on both of those guys down there."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 13, 2018, 02:49:40 PM »

Hello boss, Peter Carlton here.  I'm the team's lead scout and the head coach of the minor league affiliate in Akron..  We've only got two team-affiliated prospects on the roster right now, RB John Smith and DE Mark Hunt, and here is what I think of both of them.

Smith's skills and athleticism are pro-ready.  He's call-up worthy if you feel like you need another offensive play maker.  He'll benefit from playing behind Zeke, because he's from a committee system at Clemson and doesn't have the endurance to be a 20-touch guy.  He's lightning in a bottle though, when he gets in open space he is GONE.  Reminds me a ton of Kansas City's Matthew Ackerman who was a pass catching back / slot receiver.  John's hands aren't amazing, so expect drops and some inconsistency at times, but he is a warrior on the field and you can't teach that.

Now with Hunt, we've got a speed rusher.  Probably best suited to play nickle/dime situations only unless he can bulk up or move to OLB but because of his size he's never really found a true position making him pretty raw at LB and DE both.  He's fast, he's very strong, but he's in need of a lot more refinement.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 14, 2018, 09:56:23 PM »

Hello GM Eli, my name is Riley.  I work on behalf of the league office and I am calling to inform you that your trade with Las Vegas was "botched."  The cornerback you traded for was previously traded to Music City. 

By league rule, your trade has been processed and Las Vegas has been fined $1MM from their PR fund as a result, but the league can not force your player back to your team, so it will be up to you and GM Metro to resolve the trade. 

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 18, 2018, 05:51:53 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up for us Riley, I appreciate the phone call. Have a wonderful day.

-------

I'd like to get Scott Forrest on the phone to discuss extending Caleb Smoaks contract, please.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 20, 2018, 10:12:59 AM »

Hey there Eli, welcome to the league kid...  Now one thing you should know about me is that my clients simply don't negotiate until free agency begins.  We like to test the market and make sure we're getting the right contract.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 20, 2018, 10:57:23 AM »

"I had heard that about you but I prefer to learn things on my own rather than simply take the word of others. With that said, I understand your position of not negotiating until free agency but it's my job to do what is in the best interest of this team, and Caleb is the face of this franchise and the cornerstone of our offense.. So I'm going to make an offer anyway. Caleb's contract currently has him making 19 MM for the year with 3.5 MM in PR. The offer I'm making is to extend his contract a further three seasons, making it a 4 year contract worth 24.5MM per season and 5MM in PR. Fully guaranteed, and with a no trade clause attached.

That would make him the highest paid quarterback in the league, and also the quarterback with the highest amount of PR dollars attached. Now I understand your policy is not to negotiate until free agency. But Caleb is a special quarterback, and in my opinion that contract is worthy of making an exception to your rule."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 20, 2018, 05:34:23 PM »

I like your style kid... you've got yourself a deal.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 20, 2018, 09:06:18 PM »

"Good working with you Scott. Look forward to negotiations with you and your clients in the future."

-----

"I'd like to get Mike Maker on the phone, please.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 22, 2018, 04:53:45 PM »

What can I do for you today GM Eli?

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 22, 2018, 08:45:59 PM »

"Straight to the point. I like it. Here's what you can do for me, Mike. You can accept my offer to extend Ezekiel Elliots contract for three more years after this season at 10MM salary per year, and 4MM PR per year. I'll even fully guarantee the contract because I like the kid that much."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 24, 2018, 11:08:14 AM »

Not even close to where we're looking.  Adrian McCaffery just signed for 16.25MM, Jeremy Martin is making 13MM, so we're definitely not signing for below market value.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 24, 2018, 02:12:22 PM »

"That's fair. You want more money in salary. I'm willing to do that. 12MM a year will make him a top five paid running back in the league salary wise. 5MM in PR will make him, by far, the highest running back being invested in from that side of things. We're talking sponsorships, Mike. We're talking his face on billboards. We're talking about him being part of an offense that is going to be lights out not only this year, but for many years to come. And we've got the draft capital to build around him as well."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 24, 2018, 07:15:18 PM »

We'll just shelf these talks until after the season.  You don't really want your star running back distracted by on going trade talks, do you?

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 24, 2018, 07:25:55 PM »
I don’t particularly want my star running back distracted by anything. Your point is taken. I look forward to working out the details of an extension with you this off season.

——-

Coach Roy do you have a moment to talk?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 24, 2018, 07:28:45 PM »

Of course, what is it son?

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: June 24, 2018, 07:41:49 PM »
Obviously the team looks a little different than it did before heading into the bye week. How are you feeling about the offense right now? Are you happy with our game plan or do you think we might be better suited to change things up a bit? Also, was considering moving Golden to the slot now that Andres is on the team. Do you agree with that or no?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 24, 2018, 07:43:52 PM »

I don't know much about this Andres kid, but from everything I heard he is very new to football and need a lot of time to learn.  Not too ideal for a starter. 

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 24, 2018, 07:51:40 PM »
Alright thanks coach I’ll take that into consideration.

—————

Coach Blitzer how are you doing? Enjoying your time at the showcase?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 24, 2018, 08:08:11 PM »

Business trips are rarely bollocks of fun, but seeing GM Lucas taken to task by Max Crowe was quite the bit of quality entertainment.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 24, 2018, 08:27:11 PM »

"Almost feel bad for the guy, getting busted up like that in front of his peers. Guess his boss felt like it needed to be done though. Speaking of things that needed done, obviously some changes have been made to the defense. Taylor was a tough one to part with but in order to keep some other, more important, pieces of the team together I felt like we needed to let him go and get ready to build for the future.

So, obviously, Matt Graham is going to be taking over the starting responsibilities at Free Safety but we've got an opening for his backup. Now, in my opinion, we can fill that roll from within the club. We've got the young kid coming up from the minor league team in Vegas, Ronnie Paige, who could potentially back Graham up if we want to shift him from his natural position at corner and let him learn and grow there. Or, we could have Charles Southern make the shift from corner to defensive back and let Ronnie take over the 3rd corner responsibilities on the team.

What do you think?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 24, 2018, 08:45:52 PM »

I think it'd be quite the waste of talent to trade our top prospect for a kid we turn into a backup safety.  Let's move Southern, he's a veteran and likely not to re-sign in the off-season anyways, so not as big a need to keep him happy.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 24, 2018, 08:57:54 PM »

"Agreed. That's the direction we will go then. I'll make sure to speak with him and let him know."

----

"Lets get Charles Southern on the phone, please"

----

"Charles, it's GM Eli, we're adjusting the defense a bit and given the change in talent we're in need of someone to back up and help to mentor Matthew Graham at the Free Safety position. You're the one we've selected to make the switch from the corner position to our second Free Safety. I know this probably isn't how you envisioned seeing this season play out, but it's the situation that we're in now and it's what the team needs from you. I know you'll give us your best effort throughout the rest of this year."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 24, 2018, 09:12:00 PM »

..man it is what it is.  New regime always makes moves people don't agree with, it's a business.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 24, 2018, 09:28:07 PM »

"Wise words, son. And there's still a lot of football left to play this year. I know you'll be ready to play whenever your name is called."

----

"Now I know Peter Carlton is around here somewhere. Where you at Peter?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 24, 2018, 09:44:15 PM »

Right here chief.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 24, 2018, 09:47:43 PM »

"Perfect. Listen, I'm looking at building up our minor league team up a touch just to see if we could perhaps find any diamonds in the rough still out there who haven't found a home yet. Just wanted to double check the salary cap rules with you before I go ahead and get ready to do so. I'm correct in understanding that minor league players don't count against our salary cap until they're called up, correct?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 24, 2018, 10:06:39 PM »

You're pretty much right.    We have a minor league salary cap as well.  That cap is 12MM for 10 roster spots, with a maximum salary of $3MM.  Players signed directly to the minor league affiliate do not count against the main roster cap.  However any release we make comes straight from the main roster cap, if that makes sense?

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 24, 2018, 10:10:13 PM »

"That's pretty clear to me, thanks Peter. I'm going to have some work for you shortly. Enjoy the rest of the showcase."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 25, 2018, 02:06:02 PM »

Thanks. See you around.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 25, 2018, 04:08:31 PM »

"Lets see if we can speak with David Ames real quick before we get ready to lock things in for the next game."

-----

"Hello David, we're interested in signing your client Ryan Smith to a two year, 500k contract with our minor league affiliate. I know he's made the switch from fullback to tight end and we'd like to give him the opportunity to spend the rest of the season learning and getting some playing time under his belt with the potential of making our main roster next season, barring any injuries to other players throughout the rest of this year."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: June 25, 2018, 05:49:41 PM »
DEAL

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 25, 2018, 08:10:12 PM »

Thanks coach that looks good to me. I appreciate it. Let's get all of the coaches in here alright?

--

Guys, it's an honor to be able to work with you closely in this capacity. I know a GM coming in mid season isn't always ideal, and that some upheaval can come from it but each one of you have my full support. I believe in you guys, and in the work you're doing here with these boys. It's a big game for us this week against Rapid City. A win will bring us one step closer to winning our division, but more than that it will send a statement to the league. We're not just going to hope for a victory, though. We're not just going to wish for it. We're going to expect it. Anything less than a W is unacceptable. Lets get it done.

Depth Chart Changes
Set Caleb Smoak to QB1
Set David Jordan to QB2
Set Andres Henry to WR2
Set Henry Golden to WR3 (slot)
Set Carl McConnell to DE2
Set Rodney Greenwood to CB2
Set Ronnie Paige to CB3
Set Matthew Graham to FS1
Set Charles Southern to FS2

Strategy Changes
Decrease blitz in all situations by 10%
Increase tempo to normal
Change Offensive Focus to Balanced

In Season Training
3 Hours Position Training
0 Hours Athletic Training
0 Hours Physical Training
1 Hour Film Study

Players: WR Andres Henry, DE Carl McConnell, CB Ronnie Paige

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts

LOCK IN

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 25, 2018, 09:33:41 PM »

Hello sir, sorry to interrupt you, but before we can officially lock in we must have a legal roster.  Currently we would have to spend 250K to the league office to move Charles Southern to become an official Free Safety.  Once we do that, we can officially lock in.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 25, 2018, 10:01:27 PM »

"Thanks dear. Appreciate the heads up. Going to speak to the coaches again once more."

----

"And obviously when I said Rapid City I meant Kansas City. At home. Excited to get my second game with the franchise under the belt with you all. Lets get our fans a W."

Depth Chart Changes
Set Caleb Smoak to QB1
Set David Jordan to QB2
Set Andres Henry to WR2
Set Henry Golden to WR3 (slot)
Set Carl McConnell to DE2
Set Rodney Greenwood to CB2
Set Ronnie Paige to CB3
Set Matthew Graham to FS1
Set Charles Southern to FS2

Strategy Changes
Decrease blitz in all situations by 10%
Increase tempo to normal
Change Offensive Focus to Balanced

In Season Training
3 Hours Position Training
0 Hours Athletic Training
0 Hours Physical Training
1 Hour Film Study

Players: WR Andres Henry, DE Carl McConnell, CB Ronnie Paige

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts

LOCK IN

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 29, 2018, 12:17:06 AM »

"Hello ladies and gentlemen. I've got to admit it feels a lot better sitting before you this week than it did the last time we got together. Winning is what this organization takes great pride in, and to be able to get the first W under our belts since I took the reigns feels good, especially against a team like Kansas City. Now, I'm sure you've all got questions so I won't comment to much yet. Why don't we go ahead and begin."

1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

"Let's talk about what went right first, shall we. I'm a man who is willing to admit when I made a mistake. And I think it's important to acknowledge them when they happen and move forward from there. In our preparation for the game against Rapid City, I made the decision to sit David in favor of King Carmazzi at the time. That was a mistake. If you go back and watch the game film from this week against Kansas City I think it's pretty obvious that David Jordan played his ass off at the quarterback position. Now it's not easy to have a new general manager come in, have him take a starting opportunity away from you, and then get thrust back into the starting role the very next game. It's not easy to keep a positive attitude but that's exactly what David has done. He handled it like a professional and like all quality athletes do, when someone tests them, they pass the test with flying colors. And boy he passed the test this week. I can't speak highly enough about this kid, or give him enough credit. He played a hell of a game. The whole offense did, really. Our line protected David and gave him time to throw. They opened up holes for our run game to batter the Kansas its defense. Hell, Zeke had over 100 yards rushing just in the first half. Our receiving core had a nice game, especially Andres coming in on short notice and filling in. And I thought Golden in the Slot looked fantastic.

Our defense was smothering throughout the majority of the game as well. We gave up some important pieces this past week in looking to get younger and build toward the future. But I thought Matthew Graham really played a nice game, as did Carl McConnell. In my honest opinion it was a well rounded victory with our guys excelling in every aspect of the gameplan

As for things that didn't go our way. Well, we picked up a few more injuries on the defensive side of the football. Hopefully we can get those guys healed up quickly and back on the field. And Caleb suffered a setback with his quad. But we'll keep working through those things and playing our tails off every moment we're on the field."

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you? (cover at least two topics)

"Obviously the news that is still sort of sending shockwaves throughout the league is the story that has unfolded with Maximum Crowe and the Atlanta squad, along with my peer GM Lucas. I know a lot of people have gotten a lot of amusement out of what has happened but I find it a bit sad if I'm being honest with you all. I think it's a bad look for the league, and I think it's unfortunate for the city to have the state of their football team in disarray. Hopefully the new ownership, whoever that may be, will decide to at least keep the team in Atlanta.

Other than that, from my perspective the biggest news story is the one concerning Caleb Smoak. I know he was itching to get back on the field this week but unfortunately it's going to be a little while longer until we're able to have him back after the set back that he suffered. We know he's going to keep working hard at getting healthy and getting back on the football field, and we're going to do everything in our power, and give him all the resources he needs, to make sure he's able to do so as effectively and efficiently as possible.

3. How did you feel about the first annual HIFL/NCAA Showcase?  Do you feel like it was a beneficial addition to the league?

"I wasn't around for how things were done before but all in all I thought it gave us an opportunity to get a closer look at a lot of the kids and begin to focus our efforts in preparing for the draft. Obviously we've picked up a lot of draft picks in recent days, so these kinds of events are going to be especially important to us this season. Short answer, I enjoyed it and I think it was a nice addition. Hopefully it's going to become an annual thing."

4. What was your take on the amount of GM errors that occurred during the bye-week?

"Any time you've got as many moving pieces and contracts as there were being shuffled around, you're going to have clerical errors from time to time. We do our best to make sure we all of our i's dotted and our t's crossed, but sometimes people are going to miss something. That's just the nature of this business. And those errors drive us to be much more careful the next time. It's a learning experience and at some point or another everyone is going to have a lesson they need to learn."

5. Do you plan on making any call ups this week before locking in?

"At this moment no. We may be looking to add an extra piece or two to the main roster from free agency just for insurance purposes to make sure we're able to field a full squad in case any of our players on the injury report are unable to go."

6. Talk about your game this upcoming week.

We've got another home game coming up, with Alabama making the trip up to Cleveland this week. I expect this game to be a challenge. Those boys down in Alabama have lost three in a row and we know they'll be looking to put an end to that losing streak on the road against us. It's not a game that we're going to take lightly. We know that this is a talented squad. But we're a pretty damned talented squad as well and Coach Blitzer and the rest of our coaching staff are going to do what they do best. They're going to put these guys in the best position possible to bring home another victory to Cleveland.

After one hell of a performance this past week against Kansas City, David Jordan will remain our starting quarterback until Caleb Smoak is able to get back to full health and get back on that field. With that said, are there any other questions any of you would like to ask?"