Author Topic: TEAM: CLEVELAND MUSTANGS  (Read 28872 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: CLEVELAND MUSTANGS
« Reply #650 on: June 29, 2018, 09:56:28 AM »

Congratulations on your first win as the GM.. A big moment that some don't get for a very long time.  Anyways, clearly a kick in the bollocks that we've lost Smoak for another couple weeks.  Definitely makes our schedule that much harder.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 29, 2018, 10:02:50 AM »

"Thanks Coach, hell of a gameplan you and the staff put together for those guys. All of that work in the first half on the ground seemed to really wear out their defense and make things easier for us in the second half. You're not wrong about Caleb, but David really put together a nice performance himself. Protected the ball well until right there at the end and made some massive plays for us when we needed him to.

How are you feeling about our team with the changes we've made after the way they performed this past week?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 29, 2018, 10:19:18 AM »

I'd be lying if I said I was a fan of moving Turnover Taylor.  He was a staple of our team, one the fans really rallied around, but at least we got some good pieces back in the deal.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 29, 2018, 10:30:36 AM »

"That's fair, coach. I'd be lying if I said it was an easy decision to make. But the last thing I wanted to do was let Caleb hit free agency. I think we've got a gem in Matthew Graham, though. So hopefully we see him really begin to develop as the rest of the season progresses. For now, though, coach I'll let you get back to work."

---

"I'd like to speak with David Jordan please."

---

"David, I don't know if you listened in on the press conference at all. But regardless of whether you did or not I think I owe you an apology. It was a mistake to sit you for the Rapid City game. But I appreciate the time and the effort you put in to prepare and be ready to go against Kansas City. So, clean slate?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 29, 2018, 11:55:57 AM »

...Yeah, I can do that.  Clean slate.

JORDAN SHAKES YOUR HAND AND ALL IS WELL

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 29, 2018, 12:16:54 PM »

"Good deal, son. Now get back to work. We've got another big game this week against Alabama and I know you're going to put on a show."

---

"Ivanka, dear, would you ask Andres Henry to come speak with me for a moment."

---

"Andres, I apologize for this meeting not taking place before the Kansas City game. But I wanted to congratulate you on a heck of a performance against those guys. I know you've not gotten the opportunities you would have liked prior to coming here, but I can tell you absorbed as much as you could from the guys in DC. How are you feeling here in Cleveland? Everything gone smoothly for you so far?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 30, 2018, 10:45:09 AM »

It its, hmmm, how you say... interesting? From Paris to university in Florida, to Washington DC... and now to se' Cleveland.  It is nice to be playing and not on se Bench, no?

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 30, 2018, 11:56:08 AM »

"It's the greatest city in the world, Andres, with the greatest fans in the world. Other cities might have bigger buildings, more people, and better clubs. But they lack the character and the heart of this city and these fans. And you've got a chance to be a part of something special here. Look at what you did in your first game here. Did you hear how much those fans were behind you. And that was after one game. You keep making the plays that we know you can and I'm telling you, the love and support that you get from these fans and this organization will be unlike anything you've ever dreamed of.

Here's what I need from you now, though. You're right that playing is much better than sitting on the bench. So put in the extra work. I've assigned some training hours for you specifically to be working on developing your skills as a wide receiver, and getting that extra time in the film room. Look at Eugene McReynolds and all that he's accomplished in his career. You can achieve the same things. You've just got to put the work in, my man. We're excited to have you as a part of this team and look forward to watching you blossom into the best receiver in this league."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 01, 2018, 11:00:28 AM »

Merci, je vais travailler dur pour Ítre le meilleur.  I will work hard to become the best.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 03, 2018, 10:44:35 AM »

"Thanks Andres, we look forward to watching you develop into an even bigger force in this league. We'll talk again soon."

----

"Lets get Coach Blitzer and Coach Roy back in here please"

---

"Coach Blitzer and Coach Roy, just wanted to let you both know quickly that we've made a trade, and as soon as the league office processes it, we will have acquired Rooney Wayne from the New Jersey Dragons for a sixth round draft pick. We're going to bring him straight from the minors to our main roster and let him back David up this week.

Just waiting on Peter to get back to me with a bit of scouting and, potentially, a few more moves and then we'll be ready to lock in. Is there anything you guys need to run by me before then?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: July 05, 2018, 01:17:54 PM »
THE COACHES HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO ADD

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 07, 2018, 10:21:35 AM »

"Thanks guys."

----

"Peter Carlton come talk to me for a second"

----

"Alright so obviously we're hurting a bit in the secondary this week. I appreciate your help with the scouting. Is there anyone you think is worth taking a flyer on at CB from the free agents left to help out in case Rodney can't go this week?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 07, 2018, 11:57:41 AM »

I pretty much focus on the minor league team, but the Free agent pool is pretty shallow right now. I suggest rostering 4 corners in future seasons, just in case this kind of thing happens.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 07, 2018, 12:14:46 PM »

"Alright thanks Peter I appreciate it. Will definitely do that in the future."

----

"David Ames, please"

----

"David, I'm looking to bring Kenneth Daugherty on for the rest of the season. So my offer for him is a 1 year, 250k contract."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 07, 2018, 12:45:07 PM »
DEAL

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 07, 2018, 08:52:03 PM »

"Alright lets go ahead and lock in for our game against Alabama"

Depth Chart Changes
Set Rooney Wayne to QB3
Set Kenneth Daugherty to CB4 (CB3 if Rodney Greenwood does not play)
Set CB Ronnie Paige to CB2 if Rodney Greenwood does not play

In Season Training
3 Hours Position Training
0 Hours Athletic Training
0 Hours Physical Training
1 Hour Film Study

Players: WR Andres Henry, DE Carl McConnell, CB Ronnie Paige, CB Kenneth Daugherty

No other changes

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts

LOCK IN

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 13, 2018, 04:41:23 PM »

"What a week, huh? Lets get right down to your questions shall we"

1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?
I think anytime you start off a game up fourteen to nothing you're doing things well. The offense was clicking. What a beautiful pass from David to Andres for that eighty yard touchdown. And Zeke showed off his talent busting a tackle and getting that twenty eight yard rushing touchdown. And honestly at that point I thought we were off to the races. But we've all seen how quickly momentum can shift at any given time, so credit to Alabama for climbing back into the game. With that said, I was a bit disappointed that we really weren't able to put together many convincing drives after, really, the first quarter. We've got to be able to put our foot on the throats of our opponent and be willing to crush them and, to be honest, I thought we hesitated a bit. But Embiid had a massive safety sack, and Jorge hit a clutch field goal from forever away to make sure we held on at the end. We'll take a win any way we can get it, but I know this team has the ability to be much more convincing in our victories."

2. Give us an evaluation of the first half of the season for your team, who has stood out both good and bad?
"Well, we're 6-2 so there's not a whole lot we can complain about. We've faced some challenges and overcome them, and really I think has given us the ability to be a battle tested team heading into the second half of the season. Again, I think we can be a little bit more consistent than we have been offensively. But our defense has stepped up big time and kept us in games all season long, especially since I took over as general manager."

3. With where you sit in the standings, how do you feel about your chances of meeting your owners expectations and how do you grade your performance as GM, what about your job security?
"If the season ended right now I'd be confident in my job security. I think I've taken a bit of criticism from the outside because of some of the trades I've made in an effort to position this team to maintain our winning culture long term but all in all I believe that this team, from the point that I took it over, is better than what I inherited. We're younger, we've got draft picks galore, and we're hungry. At the end of the season I believe that Ace and I will shake hands and congratulate each other on a job well done."

4. Who is your league-wide Mid-season MVP?  Who has been the most surprising under performer?
Really you could go any number of ways with this. Zeke's rushed for 850 yards on the season, leading the league. He sets the tone for us offensively and punishes defenses week in and week out. You could say that AMC in Saint Paul is worthy of the MVP as well. But if I had to pick I'm going to go with my guy Zeke. As far as underperforming I don't think you need to look any farther than Turnover Taylor himself. Now, don't get me wrong, I've got all the respect in the world for the guy but I think by his standards he's substantially underperformed.

5. Which of your division rivals has surprised you the most? How and Why?
"Again, I don't think you have to look any further than Saint Paul. They've got a solid squad up there that, at times, is inconsistent. But to be sitting where they're at right now I'm not sure if anyone really expected that. Most people would point to us, to New Jersey, and to DC as the three teams that were going to be battling it out for the division but the Lynx haven't faded yet. We'll see how they hold up the rest of the year."

6. With the Trade Deadline coming up this week, Do you see yourself as a buyer, a Seller, or do you plan to hold fast with what you have?
"We've made a lot of moves since I joined the organization but I see us most likely holding with what we've got right now unless someone comes and absolutely blows us away with an offer. Honestly, though, I'm not expecting it. And that's fine. The guys that we have in this organization right now are capable of succeeding on the highest levels. Now they just have to go out and continue doing it just like they have through the first eight games."

7. What is your opinion on the league's newly announced luxury tax rule, do you believe it is fair, and do you believe it will benefit the league?
"It's fair. I'm not sure it's going to be enough incentive to keep anyone from manipulating the cap if they have the opportunity to get an elite player. At least not as a first time offender. But it's a step in the right direction in maintaining a competitive balance in the league."

8. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?
"This may be the toughest test we face yet. We're going up against a squad in Orlando that hasn't lost a game against a conference opponent yet this year, and we're going into their house. I think we specifically need to focus on finding our rhythm early on in the game and not getting behind. Our defense is capable of shutting down, or at the very least containing, the most potent offenses in the league and they're going to get an opportunity to do that against a squad that is second in the league in points. I expect this one to be a bit more high scoring than any of our previous games. But I wouldn't be surprised if our defense is able to shut them down either. It's going to be a good one. We're talking about conference supremacy here, folks. And we want it."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 13, 2018, 05:57:45 PM »

Hello GM Eli, my father says to inform you that he has been pleased with the job you have done so far.  As this is your first season, he feels you are on the right track.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 13, 2018, 06:21:25 PM »

"Thanks for passing that along, Ivanka. I'm glad to hear your father is happy and I appreciate you and all the hard work behind the scenes you do for us. Would you do me a favor and let Caleb Smoak know that I would like to talk to him, please?"

----

"Caleb. How are you feeling man? I know it has been a challenging few weeks for you, not being able to be out on the football field."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 13, 2018, 06:31:21 PM »

I'm just excited to get back on the field...  Can't believe you called me in before Coach, kinda skipping protocol.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 13, 2018, 06:46:43 PM »

"Yeah. You're probably right about that. As it stands I just wanted to touch base with you real quick. Glad you're feeling better and ready to get back out there on the football field. You ever have any questions or concerns, my office is an open 24/7. And I'm just a phone call away if you need it. Alright back to work now son."

Eli waits for Caleb to leave his office and then speaks to Ivanka again.

"Alright, jumped the gun a bit there, Ivanka. Would you mind sending Coach Blitzer in?"

----

"Coach, I owe you an apology. Looked over the injury report coming out of this past weeks games and saw that Caleb was listed as probable. Didn't mean any offense by it, and I hope you've taken none by that. But, if you have, I'm glad to hash those things out with you right now. If not, or even if you have, let me be the first to congratulate you on another stellar win against a strong opponent. You've got the defense clicking on all cylinders right now and the offense, with all the set backs we've had, has performed well enough themselves. How are you feeling at the midway point of this season?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 13, 2018, 07:45:49 PM »

Not a problem, just don't make a habit of it and we're golden..  Another thing I'd not make a habit of is bashing James Taylor.  There's quite a bit of loyalty to the lad in this clubhouse, including the coaching staff.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 14, 2018, 08:44:23 AM »

"You all, the coaching staff and the players in the locker room, have my apologies if what I said offended them. It wasn't intended to be bashing, just an honest assessment of his season so far. When you come to expect greatness, and I know James expects greatness from himself, anything less is seen as disappointing, no? Still, I'll make certain to choose my words more carefully in the future.

Now, onto the team and this game against Orlando. This is the kind of game we really need to be firing on all cylinders. That offense is potent, but that defense may be a little suspect. I know we've been focusing on a more balanced gameplan offensively to allow David to manage the game a bit but, do you think switching back to the more vertical style of offense, and trying to catch their safeties over the top, might be a better direction to go this week? Maybe scale back Zeke's role just a touch? I know he's a work horse but the last two games we've used him so heavily in the first half we really haven't seen him much, if at all, in the second half."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 14, 2018, 02:24:14 PM »

I absolutely agree.  Having Smoak back gives us the ability to spread things around a lot more, He's our MVP when he's healthy.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 14, 2018, 02:39:35 PM »

"Good. I'll make note of that when it comes time to lock in. Let's talk about Orlando. Is there anything you think we could do to make things difficult on these guys. I mean they're scoring points pretty frequently week in and week out. Is that a result of facing some weaker competition early on? Or is their offense just better than maybe they appear to be on paper? I think defensively our backfield can lock their wide receivers down just fine. Just wondering if we might need to adjust blitz ratios?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: July 14, 2018, 03:59:37 PM »

Well their Quarterback is one of the best in the league, some will tell you he is the best overall, but I'm partial to Smoak.  He's accurate, he's cool under pressure, and he makes the average at best WRs around him look like studs.  Blitzing him is an option, but it leaves the risk of his precision passing exploiting one on one coverage.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 14, 2018, 04:42:22 PM »

"Also don't want to let him sit back and pick us apart either, though. If you're comfortable with where we're at, though, then so am I. What's your assessment of Carl McConnell so far? I know it's a bit of a shift from having Anthony on the opposite end of the line from Embiid, but from up in the stands it looks like he's performed at a pretty high level so far. Only four tackles since coming to Cleveland, but two of them have been sacks."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 14, 2018, 06:16:42 PM »

He's incredibly raw, having only played one season of college ball.. Not sure if he'll develop quickly or not, but he has some potential.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 14, 2018, 06:28:03 PM »

"Hopefully the extra work we're having him put in positionally will benefit him. Having a guy like Embiid on the other side of the line should make life a bit easier on him as well. Alright, Coach. That's about all I've got for you at the moment. Unless you've got something you want to discuss I'll let you get back to the squad."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 14, 2018, 06:29:01 PM »
COACH HEADS BACK TO PRACTICE

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 14, 2018, 06:33:03 PM »

"Ivanka, could you send Jorge D'Angelo in to see me please?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 14, 2018, 06:38:44 PM »

Orale!

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 14, 2018, 06:47:09 PM »

"Jorge, my man. Just wanted to take a moment to applaud that kick in the fourth quarter. That was clutch and exactly what we needed from you. You've done a nice job for us so far this year and you should know that it's not gone unnoticed."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 14, 2018, 06:50:10 PM »

Garcias, it's good to hear.  Thank you.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 14, 2018, 06:57:48 PM »

"Good. That's all I needed. Keep up the good work, son. Back to practice now."

----

"Ivanka, I'd like to speak with Bismack Embiid next please."

----

"Bismack, brother. You have been an absolute force for us so far this season. How you feeling after that safety sack?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 14, 2018, 07:02:05 PM »

Feeling fantastic.. Coaches say Im on pace for a career high in sacks, Sounds good to me!!

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 14, 2018, 07:04:41 PM »

"Listen, this is something I'm sure your agent and I will talk about more in the coming weeks. But it's no secret you're on the final year of your contract. Are you enjoying your time in Cleveland? Feel comfortable with your role in the defense?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 14, 2018, 07:09:23 PM »

It's about one thing for me my man... Money. I want to go where I am going to get paid, if that is here I am happy, if that is somewhere else, I am happy.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 14, 2018, 07:15:16 PM »

"We'll do our best to keep you happy my friend. And you keep doing your best to get those safety sacks. Head on back down and enjoy the rest of practice, yeah?"

----

"I'm sure this gets tedious for you, Ivanka, but if you could send Matthew Alvarado in, I would really appreciate it."

----

"Matthew. Good to see you. Being one of the captains of this team, and of the defense, I wanted to get you in here and just have a quick chat with you. See how you're feeling and how you're feeling about the defense right now, and how you're all performing."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 14, 2018, 07:19:15 PM »

I'm feeling good.  We're in the top 4 or 5 in all four of the major defensive rankings, so I think we're getting the job done.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: July 14, 2018, 07:24:25 PM »

"It looks like it, too. I'm happy with how you've all performed as a unit, especially given some of the changes. I'm sure with the sort of longevity you've had it's something you've grown accustomed to. Speaking of, you still feel like you've got more years left in the tank? We'd like to keep you around here in Cleveland and, honestly, see you retire as a Mustang. Those are details we'd obviously work out with your agent. But I wanted to get a feel for where you're at on that right now."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 14, 2018, 08:31:50 PM »

I'll be assessing some of that in the off-season, but as of right now I have no plans of retiring.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 14, 2018, 08:46:04 PM »

"I'm glad to hear that. Thanks for everything you do for this team. Go ahead and head back down to practice. Looking forward to seeing you guys put a stop to one of the better offenses in the league this week."

----

"Ivanka, I don't need to have Coach Blitzer come back up but could you send someone down and have him clarify what our run/pass ratio is currently set at? I would appreciate it."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 14, 2018, 09:17:43 PM »

No problem sir.  Currently we are at 25% pass on 1st down (47% on 1st and long).  35% on 2nd and short. 60 on 2nd and long.  35 on 3rd and short, 99 on 3rd and long, 50/50 on 4th and short.  99 on 4th and long, 25 on goal line, 35 in the last two minutes with a lead. 95 with the last two minutes trailing.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 14, 2018, 10:06:26 PM »

"No need to call me sir. Just Eli is fine. Good to have a roster as close to healthy as we've been since I've arrived. We'll go ahead and lock in for the week."

-----

Please make sure Caleb Smoak is set to QB1, with David Jordan at QB2 and Rooney Wayne at QB3 if things are not already aligned that way.

Strategy Changes:
OFFENSE
Attitude: Aggressive
Focus:  Balanced - Vertical
Tempo: Fast
Increase passing percentages in all situations by 10%

In Season Training
3 Hours Position Training
0 Hours Athletic Training
0 Hours Physical Training
1 Hour Film Study

Players: WR Andres Henry, DE Carl McConnell, CB Ronnie Paige, CB Kenneth Daugherty

Everything else is coaches choices

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts

LOCK IN

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 20, 2018, 10:43:18 PM »

1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

We'll start with the few things that went wrong. We'd like to get the two interceptions we had back. I'm sure Caleb and David would both tell you they need to be a little bit more protective of the ball on our own half of the field. Both turnovers resulted in touchdowns, and that's typically not the kind of thing you can do against a team that has shown the capacity to score in the way that Orlando has done all year.

With that said, that's really all I can say negatively about this game. When you go into the half up 31-7, and you've put pressure on their quarterback all game long. You've run the ball effectively. You've thrown the ball effectively. Special teams played well. It was the epitome of a complete game aside from a few mistakes here and there. I'm proud of these guys. They understood the importance of getting another win over a conference rival. Our destiny is in our hands now. Win out and the conference is ours. That's the goal. But of course we're going to take it one game at a time.

2. With the All-Star Rosters being announced this week, what is your take on the composition, any snubs or surprises from your own team?  (for Kirk/Jon, talk about the opposing roster, for everyone else, comments and talk about who you felt deserved to go on your squad etc)

As I said on twitter, having six selections to the Eastern Conference All Star roster is an indication of just how solid the roster is. Especially when you consider the players who probably deserved to be on that roster as well. I don't know what else Zeke has to do to be given the credit he deserves. Halfway through the season the man was leading the league in rushing with 850 yards and after this past game he's broken the 1000 yard mark. The fact that he wasn't selected as the number one running back in the Eastern Conference is an atrocity if you ask me. I would use the same language in regards to our offensive line. You don't go 7-2 with the leagues leading rusher without the big boys on the line doing their work. All five men who start week in, and week out, deserve a spot on the All Star roster. But, what can you do? I wasn't the one making the selections and you can't really call into question a GM's decision making ability when he's the winningest general manager in the league.

3. What news stories stood out to you this week?

I think the comments that Caleb made concerning Andres are spot on. Now, I'm not going to bad mouth GM Dazz. He did a nice job putting together a roster that wasn't in shambles for me to take over. But I think he's only got himself to blame for letting a talent like Andres Henry sit so far down on his depth chart up to the point where we traded him. He's a perfect fit here in Cleveland and Caleb, just like the rest of us, realize what an amazing weapon he is to have paired across the field from Eugene. But more importantly it gave us the ability to move Henry to the slot and we all saw just how much he is going to thrive from that position.

The other news story that stood out to me was the fact that Miami ran the ball 60 times in a single game. And at a fair pace too, gaining 280 yards on the ground. You can't fault a coach for sticking with what works but honestly when I first saw that headline I had to go and make sure it wasn't a typo. I suppose it was just a week where the running backs were being featured. With AMC getting 39 carries I believe, and Zeke wrapping up with 41. I'd be shocked to see those numbers continue for any team long term, though.

4. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

It's a big one. After a performance like the one we just had against Orlando, you certainly don't want to be taking your foot off the gas pedal offensively. Not when it comes to a team like Las Vegas that is playing defense and shutting teams down at a historical rate. The one benefit that we do have is that those guys are coming to our home turf and we're going to be fired up and ready to go. If you ask me, the key to victory in this game is going to be our ability to start fast and not fall behind. I expect Coach Blitzer and Coach Roy will put together a gameplan to exploit the, odd as this might sound, weaknesses that the Las Vegas defense does have. And I believe our players will execute that game plan to the best of their ability. We're looking forward to another statement game against another top caliber team this week.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 21, 2018, 12:43:44 PM »

Quite the game last week, but an even bigger one coming up.. Vegas is a different animal.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 22, 2018, 09:10:40 AM »

"They are. And if me pointing out that their defenses has weaknesses to exploit as bulletin board material, so be it. Our defense has shown itself more than capable of shutting down the most prolific of offenses, and our offense with Caleb at the helm and Zeke smashing through the holes our line opens up, with Andres and Henry and Eugene picking up yards by the bucket load, I'm not worried. If we execute, we'll win. They might be a whole different animal, sure, but so are we. I believe that one hundred and ten percent."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 22, 2018, 12:45:08 PM »

Very good. I like the confidence. Helluva lot better than some bloke telling his lads that he thinks they'll lose in the 4th quarter..

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 23, 2018, 01:34:24 PM »

"Slip of the tongue, surely? Maybe not. Either way that's not our concern this week. Vegas is. Metro believes his defense to be damn near unbeatable, but you and I know better. And when the final seconds tick off of the clock the world's going to be more shocked at the final result than when that Bieber kid got dropped by his chipmunk girlfriend."