Author Topic: NBL MAFIA Vol. 2 FALLOUT  (Read 1195 times)

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
NBL MAFIA Vol. 2 FALLOUT
« on: August 18, 2016, 06:38:02 PM »
MAFIA WINS!

ALIVE WINNERS
Talon
Metro
Pancho

ALIVE LOSERS
Gravedigger
Kirk
Franchise

DEAD LOSERS
Powers
Jon
Doug
Gates

MVP: Metro
- Put his eggs in the night one write up, claiming he blocked a scum kill, almost getting Digger mislynched. Then didn't have the night two write up, which confirms there was night kill night one, come back and get him lynched then started the Gates mislynch.

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
Re: NBL MAFIA Vol. 2 FALLOUT
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 06:46:09 PM »
TALON - Nixon Kennedy-Johnson - Mafia Godfather

You are Nixon Kennedy-Johnson, former GM of the Washington Patriots of the International Baseball Federation (IBF). Former because as of last year, you are the commissioner of the IBF. As the GM, you saw yourself do battle often with San Juan and Anibal Feliz, a man who you respect and trust, but often found yourself on the wrong side of the battle. Last year you decided to campaign for a new commissioner: you. You won and now seek to take the IBF to new levels, seeking to take the marketable teams of the NBL in the past and revive them and introduce them to the league.

As the Commissioner of the IBF, you are also the Godfather of the mafia. Each night you may send either you or one of your fellow mafia members out to kill. You win when there are no threats to the mafia remaining.

MAFIA QT - http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/RNeGuqGeajqmb

METRO - Anibal Feliz - Mafia Goon

You are Anibal Feliz the legendary GM turned owner of the San Juan Dolphins of the International Baseball Federation (IBF). As the GMr of the San Juan Dolphins you once seemed doomed when your talented sons left you for the NBL but when the NBL closed its door, your sons started to come home and you began to win title after title. You retired and bought the team and have seen your team suffer on the field but that’s not your problem anymore since you make money hand over fist now. As one of the more vocal owners of the IBF, you have become NKJ’s most trusted ally when it comes to CBA talks and drinking.

As an owner of a team in the IBF, you are also a member of the mafia. Each night, your godfather may choose you or another member of the mafia out to kill. You win when there are no threats to the mafia remaining.

PANCHO - Highway Dunn - Mafia Roleblocker

You are Highway Dunn, who somehow is still alive despite age. You were once the right hand man of Monique Harpo’s crusade against the reformation of the NBL, but like any good mercenary, you don’t stay loyal to a person, but the mighty dollar. After Nixon Kennedy-Johnson was elected Commissioner of the IBF, you were hired as the new GM of the Washington Patriots. And now with a chance to absorb some teams from the NBL, you have gladly joined your predecessor.

As a GM of a team in the IBF, you are also a member of the mafia. Each night you may select one play to block for the night. You win when there are no threats to the mafia remaining.

POWERS - Deadrick Tatum - Post Restricted Townie

After the murder of you “Fwiend” Monique Harpo, you’ve returned to those who you feel you can “twust”, the former players of the NBL. After redeeming yourself by performing embarrassingly bad karaoke on live TV, you are now a trusted member of the old brotherhood.

Due to your lisp, sometimes you sound funny like sometimes your r’s sound like w’s such as when you say your name, “Deadwick Tatum”. As such, if you must replace all your r’s in a post into w’s. If you fail to do so, you will be mod-killed. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated

JUSTIN - Rikishi Uso - Town Neighbor

You are Rikishi Uso, one of the surviving members of what the media called the NBL Purge, you have retired to the Isle of Samoa where you and your cousin Amini Fatu are special advisors to the Samoan IBF team, the Warriors. You and Amini have recently spoken out about the IBF’s new commissioner, saying that he is not good for the sport as teams from poorer regions such as the Samoan Warriors and the Santo Domingo Blue Devils are going to be phased out in favor of richer regions.

You are a town Neighbor. You may communicate with your neighbor here (http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/WB7rj2gmUq2 ). You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

GRAVEDIGGER - Amini Fatu - Town Neighbor

You are Amini Fatu,  after playing out your career for the Samoan Warriors of the IBF, where you and your cousin Rikishi Uso are special advisors to the Warriors. You and Rikishi have recently spoken out about the IBF’s new commissioner, saying that he is not good for the sport as teams from poorer regions such as the Samoan Warriors and the Santo Domingo Blue Devils are going to be phased out in favor of richer regions.

You are a town Neighbor. You may communicate with your neighbor here (http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/WB7rj2gmUq2 ). You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

FRANCHISE - Jon Tees - Town Bomb

You are Jon Tees,  one of the more strange characters of the NBL. Known for pestering questions and outrageous takes on everything from backpacks to Christmas lights, you’ve made many a teammate heads explode. What you are doing here really isn’t the question, the question is, if you had to choose between legs for arms or arms for legs, which would you choose?

You are a Town Bomb, when you die, you take either the killer or the person hammering you lynch with you as you die. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

GATES - Jarrett Boone - Town Cop

You are Jarrett Boone, now retired from the game, you had taken up managing, in memory of your friend Mickey Morrison, who died in the great NBL Purge, but it wasn’t in you. You’re now an analyst for the IBF, the only game in town. Part of you wanted to just get away from the game, but that part got even more when you were suspended by Fox Sports for your comments towards new commissioner Nixon Kennedy-Johnson.  You feel you have a real good understanding of what makes a person good or not, and that man is not good.

You are a Town Cop, each night you may select one player to investigate to find their alignment. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

KIRK - Miguel Feliz - Hated Townie

You are Miguel Feliz, the last member of the Feliz Sons to rejoin your father, but because you love baseball, and the IBF became the only game in town when the World League merge with the IBF.  You’re not a fan of your father’s treatment of the Dolphins since he became owner and you certainly do not trust Nixon Kennedy-Johnson. Many see you once again like your brothers who support your father and the IBF, but you speak otherwise in private as you have seen what has happened to those who speak up.

You a Hated Townie and as such, it requires one less vote to lynch you. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

JON - Clover Fields - 1x Town Vigilante

You are Clover Fields. You had a cup of coffee in New York, which was highlighted by your beanball tatics of pitching. You’ve floated around becoming the baseball equivalent to Baron Davis, getting seen on Twitter for your semi-pro and charity games, which of course, you have plunked people. Aside from your tattoos, not much about you stand out but you still hang around with the NBL guys for some reason.

You are TOWN 1x Vigilante. You may choose one person to kill at any point in the game through PM. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

DOUG - John Meeks - Town Doctor/1x Vig

You are John Meeks, formerly of the NBL, but now the reigning, defending, undisputed UFC heavyweight champion. You have the itch to play baseball now and then, but the IBF doesn’t seem to want you for some reason. Your history of MMA helped you protect your teammates from brawls and even end them quickly.

You are a Town Doctor, but you have a one time Vigilante ability. Each night you may select one player to protect from kills and at any point in the game, you may select one player to kill using your Vigilante ability. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 07:17:42 PM »
MOD THINGS

Night Actions
Night 1:
- Talon sends Pancho to Kill Jon
-- Successful
- Gates Cops self
-- Innocent
- Doug Protects Talon
-- Successful
- Doug Kills Justin
-- Successful

Night 2
- Gates Cops Digger
--Innocent
- Doug Protects Kirk
-- Fail
- Talon sends Pancho to kill Doug
-- Successful

Mod Thoughts

Pre Game:
- Set up the game with the town less consistent power roles. Just a doctor and a cop with two vigs and a bomb.
- Randomized both the roles and the order of players.
- Oh boy that's a strong mafia but a quickly obvious one as well.

Day 1:
- Jon uses his vig on Powers
-- Troll Jon Troll? I guess if you base it on last game, where Dreadrick was mafia, maybe, but I don't think Jon was thinking about the game, he just wanted to troll Powers
- Franchise didn't do his research...Dreadrick was scum last game

Night 1:
- Interesting choice for Doug to kill Justin, I'm interested in the reasoning why he chose Justin.
- Wrote the write up like the way the kill happens. KNJ (Talon) orders Dunn (Pancho) to kill someone. Threw in Jorge Chacon for the lols. Like last game, not everyone in the write up are in the, and I intend on having that go both ways.

Day 2:
- With Jon and Justin out of the way, a mislynch and a successful kill gets the game over quickly, due to the two vigs.
- Metro betting the house on the write up, which is smart but if someone goes "Hey Dunn was given an envelope and then Jon is dead, it suggests there was a night kill" Metro's gone.
- Talon modding the mod >:| To me, neighbor and masons are the same thing.
- What is it about Metro that is so believable? Maybe it's his ability to fill in the blank with gray? Kirk is the first to point out the write up suggesting otherwise, but doesn't pull the trigger on a vote, same with Gates and Franchise. Maybe it's just me but i would have called the bluff.
- Talon's gets out of Doug's target but jumps into Kirks but there's little time

Night 2:
- On a night where Doug asks if he can self-protect, he choses Kirk to protect, who the mafia discuss kill but choose Doug. The flap of a butterfly's wings caused a hurricane.
- Threw in Nicole Pratt and Roger Morrison for flavor.

Day 3:
- Disagree with Kirk's assessment of 3 scum in an 11 person game.
- Whatever Metro uses to blind town from him, I need to get me some.
- Franchise and Kirk agree Talon is scum. They're right, Digger or Gates need to get in on this before someone probably Metro, talks them out of it.
- Hi Metro.
- Hi talking the town out of a Talon lynch. Great use of Gates post against him.
- Gates agrees that Talon and Pancho may be scum, but rather than vote for Talon, he stays on his vote for Franchise.
- Poor form by Kirk and Franchise. Franchise, especially knew it wasn't exactly LyLo, being a bomb. Had he hinted that he knew this, maybe the town had a chance to win this.
- Scum win.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 08:33:10 PM »
:D :D :D
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Jon

• IMPACT BOWL VI AND VII CHAMPION!
  • Prediction Admin / PBL Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1335
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 08:40:53 PM »
I know it says I lost... But I really won.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 09:11:08 PM »
3 scum was too many... as the result clearly shows. Too many killing roles to counter the numbers. Metro played a blinder. People should listen to me. Those are my thoughts.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9011
  • All books are children's books if the kid can read
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 09:26:15 PM »
I know it says I lost... But I really won.

LMAO

I will have my revenge.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 09:35:56 PM »
they did listen to you, you voted Gates and gave up.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 09:45:52 PM »
It was that or a no-lynch. With me being a hated townie, the mafia could have won without the town's help anyway.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 10:35:28 PM »
Quite right, but if you kept arguing against me (totally good argument, especially since we all jumped on digger without any effort of being seen as town since one bad vote ended the game essentially) you might have gotten enough to hammer me.

I'm just glad Metro didnt bus me, like I know he thought about doing lol.

GM Metroll

• EAT, SLEEP, TRAPE, REPEAT
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 787
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 12:15:41 AM »
Quite right, but if you kept arguing against me (totally good argument, especially since we all jumped on digger without any effort of being seen as town since one bad vote ended the game essentially) you might have gotten enough to hammer me.

I'm just glad Metro didnt bus me, like I know he thought about doing lol.

I just wanted to be the sole survivor ... as is :)

GM TJ II

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 09:35:17 AM »
I've always believed that the magic number for scum (both Mafia and 3P) is between 27 and 30 percent of the game population. 3 out of 11 is 27.2

You also had a day left before the deadline when you have up.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2016, 08:05:26 PM »
It didn't matter about the time left. Digger and Gates had plenty of time to get on the Talon lynch and they didn't. They showed no signs of getting on board with it, either. I don't know what other arguments I could have made  when the fact he wasn't lynched despite having two votes on him was all the proof anyone needed at that point.

I agree with your number for mafia and 3P combined, but I don't think one group on its own shouldn't be that high in a small game. 25% is a better number for mafia and then add 3P on top of that, otherwise you end up with short games that end on day 3 before the town even has a chance to get going (particularly with so many killing roles).