Author Topic: Secret Hitler Mafia Signups  (Read 881 times)

Dougie

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
Secret Hitler Mafia Signups
« on: November 21, 2016, 10:40:20 PM »
Ironically, I'm going to moderate a game that in real life doesn't need a mod LOL.

*Note this is an experiment that I hope goes well.*

Secret Hitler Mafia: A completely open setup based off the rules of Secret Hitler.

Why? My wife kickstarted this game for me and we've had all kinds of fucking fun playing this with people. Its great. Period.

----

The rules. There are two teams, Liberals and Fascists. There's a secret Hitler who is on the fascist team and the fascists will know who Hitler is but Hitler will not know who the fascists are. This will not be a traditional mafia as there will be no need for a QT for the fascists. I will tell them via PM who Hitler is.

In the game thread, I will post an image of all of you as you were sitting at a table. So you can see who is next to you and across from you and so on. I will randomly pick a president for the first round. That player posts and nominates a chancellor. The rest of the players will vote on this over 24 hours. If the majority vote yes then the "night phase" will commence. If not, then I will pass the president 1 to the left and we'll try for another election over the next 24 hours. After 3 failed elections, we'll skip night phase and I'll explain that below.

Now lets assume a president and chancellor have been elected.

I will PM the president with 3 random policies from a deck of 17. The deck consists of 6 blue (liberal) and 11 red (fascist) cards. I will use random.org to see which 3 that player receives. The player then discards 1 and I'll then PM the chancellor with the other 2. The chancellor chooses 1 to play.

From there, I'll give a 24-48 hour day phase depending on how much time we think we need for discussion. This is where you can lie. For example if a red card is played, that player could say he was given 2 reds and didn't have a choice. Or the president could call bullshit on that. There's no rule against a claim so anyone and everyone can call themselves liberal. At the end of this phase, the president moves left and chooses a new chancellor and we vote again. Note that I'll accelerate gameplay if people are on and vote faster. Note that the previous president/chancellor cannot be in office twice in a row so when you are president, you cannot choose from them.

Lets say 3 votes failed...then I will automatically play a policy drawn from the deck.

This gameplay repeats until a team has won. Now, how do you win?

Liberals, you win if either 5 liberal policies are enacted OR if you kill Hitler.
Fascists, you win if either 6 fascist policies are enacted OR if AFTER 3 fascist policies are played, Hitler gets elected chancellor (remember there has to be a vote on this. I've had friends slam their hitler card down in delight only to be disappointed because they didn't vote it yet).

That's most of the game. There are other powers that happen throughout based on gameplay and the amount of players. Mostly from the president. Examples include:

Learning if someone is liberal or fascist (like a cop role but if you investigate hitler you'll only get fascist).
Nominating a president via a special election.
Killing a player.
Policy Peek.

I cannot tell you right now when these occur until we have a game layout and then I'll put all of that out there pregame. That's pretty much it. So this game needs a minimum of 5 players but a maximum of 10 or it will be unbalanced. When we have our player total, I'll randomize who is who and along with game setup, I'll tell you how many players are liberal and how many are fascist as that's part of the game.

Would you like to play?

1. Bone
2. Powers
3. Digger
4. Franchise
5. Kirk
6. Talon
7. DQ
8. Jon
9. Dazz
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 09:53:03 AM by Dougie »

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 3
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Hitler Mafia
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 11:00:14 PM »
/in

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
  • GM of the Eastern Conference Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 12:13:22 AM »
Sure

GM Gravedigger

• The First Triple Crown Champion
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 213
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 12:18:36 AM »
Yeah

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion
x1 CRW Prime Time Champion

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 14
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 12:29:24 AM »
In

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1022
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 06:47:01 PM »
In

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 07:27:54 PM »
In
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

Dougie

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 05:09:51 PM »
Six is enough for me to run the game but I can take up to 4 more :)

DQ

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 06:41:01 PM »
in

GM Jon

• IMPACT BOWL VI AND VII CHAMPION!
  • Prediction Admin / PBL Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1334
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 07:21:00 AM »
In

GM Dazz

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 02:10:25 PM »
I'll give it a try

Dougie

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 11:31:02 AM »
I'm definitely looking to start this game Sunday as I'll be away all day tomorrow for Ohio State/Michigan as well as other things so expect PMs as well as a full setup then. Until then, there's one spot open or we can go with 9 depending. Thanks!

Dougie

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 0
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 09:52:36 AM »
Signups closed. Game will begin today.