Author Topic: Rule change submission #7  (Read 661 times)

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 21
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
Rule change submission #7
« on: February 08, 2017, 12:25:21 AM »
So first this might not be popular but let me underline this by saying I know we all have lives that ask many different things of us. I know some have crazy work schedules or work piles up or and surprises some of us. I know we have families, kids, wives GF's etc. Some of us even get surprised by things we cannot control. I know this, I am a married father of three with a baby, I am an educator who has a son in nearly year long baseball and another who is in weekend AP classes. I get real life first, trust me. This is not about that particularly. Now before you type reject just because GM Phoenix wrote it, just really read what I am writing. Here are some suggested changes we can add just to speed up waiting periods in the future (All ideas are extended in the last week of the trade deadline)

1) Right when your coach speaks to you after the presser you could talk to him all day but if you talk to another person then that is it. You get your coach after the presser to discuss everything with and one other person. Rather it is a coach or player. I think this puts some importance on what is being asked. I know I have been guilty of this at times, just calling guys in to ask them about the weather. I think this puts importance on who you really should talk too.

2)I think there should be a 4-5 day period from the time the scores are put up to the time you get autolocked. I think if everyone knew the deadline instead of waiting for Talon to "warm up the bus" or send Ned Stark to scream "Autolocks are coming" I think guys would get on a bit quicker.

3)There are sixteen GM run teams. I think if for some unexpected reason out of your control you cannot get on to HIFL, I think letting T know he can get locked in without penalty. Now obviously after 2-3 times of this there would be some team effects but I think a lot of times 13, 14, 15 guys lock in and one guy is just drowned with work or is having some difficult times I think a pardon or two to just auto lock you for that week should be a consideration. Just to progress the week.

4)I know this is a hobby and it's fun, I get it I love HIFL but I also think we love it enough to have a few limits and or deadlines. I am not trying to blow by the season I am just asking if 12-14 teams are ready to go and someone still haven't answered their presser then we should move on.

(If it's Monday and your personal life just got overtaken by work, family, vacation, unfortunate uncontrollable misfortunes and you know you won't be able to get on Until Friday, maybe you should consider an Auto Lock for that week. I'm sure Talon can implement no penalties for the first few offenses, hell I'm sure at his own discretion he can decide if there even is a penalty)

5) Obviously this is not for Talon for he is running the show. If something comes up then something comes up and we have to wait. But if that man has the time and he is staring at his screen waiting for 1 or 2 folks and everyone has been ready for 1-2 days then while he has the available time he should be able to move everyone else along.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
Re: Rule change submission #7
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 12:28:05 AM »
The game slows down when Im not at home, so I wouldnt be likely to make any changes to how it goes. When 14 of 16 are rolling with me, we roll fast.  if not, its not biggy.  I rush in jest more than I rush for real.

When deadlines and things come in and restrictions on who and when you can talk, it gets too much like an efed, and then I'll start to hate it.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9011
  • All books are children's books if the kid can read
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 12:36:50 AM »
Aren't #2 & #3 (we should have time!) contradictory to #4 & #5 (people are holding shit up, autolock!)?

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 10
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 12:40:00 AM »
We've been moving extra fast because Talon has been available. Cherish it. It won't last forever.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50020
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 12:43:11 AM »
I cant wait til it doesnt last... I need the money, damn it!!!!
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 01:09:48 AM »
We've been moving extra fast because Talon has been available. Cherish it. It won't last forever.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 01:25:09 AM »
I always thought that a week after the first lock in was a fair. I don't think we need speeding up.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 96
  • Never wanted the fame, I only wanted to be great
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 01:33:49 AM »
The game slows down when Im not at home, so I wouldnt be likely to make any changes to how it goes. When 14 of 16 are rolling with me, we roll fast.  if not, its not biggy.  I rush in jest more than I rush for real.

When deadlines and things come in and restrictions on who and when you can talk, it gets too much like an efed, and then I'll start to hate it.

Restrictions like those proposed take the fun out of the game. There are weeks we may need to talk to multiple people. There are weeks that Talon will be gone or we get busy. Putting restrictions on things adds undue stress and makes it like a job for Talon and can lead to it being a hassle for us. Talon moves the game along as his schedule allows and that's how it should be. I'm not meaning to be a suck up, but if he gets burned out on this, we all lose out on the fun.

I vote in the negative for all of the above. Sorry, Phoenix.
GM Kirk [12|Mar 04:19 PM]: Gooch, how much did you bribe the HIFLPA to help you steal all my players?
GM TJ [12|Mar 04:21 PM]: Lolololololololooooooooooollllllllllll
Disgraced GM Powers [12|Mar 04:24 PM]: The league is #TeamGooch
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:25 PM]: It's because he's so nice....
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:25 PM]: Unnaturally nice...
GM Adam Wrong [12|Mar 04:25 PM]: I love gooch
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:26 PM]: Everyone loves Gooch, except Kirk...
GM Phoenix [12|Mar 04:28 PM]: Almost makes you think gooch is reincarnate red skull trying to live a double nice guy life on hifl
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:31 PM]: Gooch's heel turn will rival Hogan....

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 02:36:13 AM »
Some of us live in a different time zone so it's hard to catch Talon online. Restrictions like this will make it more difficult to play.