Author Topic: TEAM: PORTLAND BREWERS  (Read 3011 times)

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: PORTLAND BREWERS
« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2018, 07:20:55 PM »
Thanks Coach Ron Iíll get together with the DC and hammer out the details but Iíll make sure to include you in the details before we depart

Hoppy can we call Coach Linden

Coach Linden me and Coach Ron were talking about raising the pressure on Seattle this week force em to win the game by passing the ball. What are our current percentages at for blitzing for the different down and yardage scenarios.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2018, 10:47:07 AM »

Currently we are at:

1st and 10 - 55%
1st and Short - 65%
1st and Long - 45%
2nd and short - 65%
2nd and long - 35%
3rd and short - 70%
3rd and long - 55%
4th and short - 70%
4th and Long - 55%
Goal line - 65%
2Mins (w/ lead) - 75%
2 mins (trailing) 88%
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2018, 11:29:49 AM »
Thank you Coach Linden. Now I remember when I interviewed you before this season kicked off that you wanted speed and explosiveness from the safeties because that was the key to a blitzing attack. 

Is it possible for you to share your percentages of blitz plays come from each positions or at least the type of blitzes?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2018, 12:27:19 PM »

No, the numbers are just how often we call blitz plays, no way to know which ones we will call.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2018, 03:03:38 PM »
Okay Coach Linden I appreciate your time. I will review these percentages and work up a final game plan for Seattle.

Hoppy can we speak with Richard Welker

Richard Welker thank you for stepping in while Steven was out injured.  How did it feel to get plugged into the game and get a win in your first start?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2018, 01:36:06 PM »

Felt good boss.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2018, 11:05:02 PM »
As it should Richard. Good luck to you.

Hoppy can you get these adjustments to Coach Ron

5% increase in all situational blitz situations.

Lock In

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 02, 2018, 05:12:26 PM »
1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?
- It wasnít the result we wanted. We had a very competitive first half where we set our pace but the second half belonged to Seattle. We couldnít contain their passing attack and Darren Pierce had a strong performance against us.

2. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the toughest thing to prepare for this week?
- We now step foot outside our division and into the rest of the league. I am comfortable saying this division is one of the most competitive and has prepared us more than other divisions would. We test that theory against Milwaukee who philosophically we are opposites of. They want to speed the game up and score early and often. We want to slow the pace down and drag the game into the dirt. The team that can impose its will, will find success.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 02, 2018, 06:44:00 PM »

Considering the division we play in, 2-3 is a solid start to our season, I think you're right on it when it comes to this weeks match up, we've got to play our game and make them do the same.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 04, 2018, 08:04:09 PM »
Iím going to go ahead and downgrade our blitz percentages to what it was before. We got burned by that passing attack - although Milwaukee may not have the generational talent that Seattle does at WR they do have a versatile array of young talent.

Did they move Pierce around and didnít always have our best CB lined up against him? I only ask to know if your preference is to play our defense as is or to lock on CB on one WR and try to take him out the game. For future possible matchups.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 04, 2018, 09:00:10 PM »

I like the idea of having a corner trail an assignment, but there is not much we can do to really insure that.  Pierce does move around the formations quite often though.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2018, 11:13:41 AM »
Something to think about possibly adjusting our depth chart in different formations to match opponents based on prior history. For now though weíll move ahead to face Milwaukee

And Coach donít forget a 5% reduction in all situational blitz situations

Lock In

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2018, 06:39:34 PM »
S10 WEEK 6

We started the first half strong even if trading scores with Milwuakee isn't what we wanted to do but we were competing.  The second half did not go as well.  We were completely shut out by their defense and our guys couldn't keep pace.  Milwuakee controlling the time of possession is not what our game plan going in was.  They gained more yards, didn't turn the ball over and were 50% successful on third downs.

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?

Only one story this week dealt with gross incompetence.  I don't feel fond calling out other GM's but knowing the schedule is the most basic form of competency there can be.  Now I don't know Aaron Kitchen or his personality but I do know what it feels like to be disregarded and then thought of at the last minute.  I hope my players never have to feel that coming from me.

3. What do you make of the news of the newest GM's to join the league? What advice would you give them?

I'm still somewhat new to this myself.  I haven't had to either put myself into a hole or take myself out of one - so the only advice I have to give is avoid the holes.  Avoid the holes the league will create for you and prevent helping them out by making some of your own.

4. With the draft class being announced later this week, do you plan to target personalities, skill sets, or position groups at the college showcase?

As an expansion team were looking for talented players at any position.  But just as important as talent is the right attitude.  I prefer a 5 cent talent with a hundred dollar effort than a hundred dollar talent with 5 cent effort any day.

5. What do you hope to gain most this week during the bye week, for yourself but also for your team?

This weeks allows us to be introspective and give us extra time to prepare against New Jersey. I guess this would relate back to the question about other GM's as well.  In addition to juggling the happiness of three bosses you have to be always be thinking about the present and future at all times.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2018, 10:19:00 AM »

The bye week comes at a good time.We're in a rut on both sides of the ball.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2018, 11:46:11 AM »
Yeah I donít like what Iím seeing. Seems like weíre able to rise up to play the big games but are having trouble with sustained effort. Not just for the season but even during a game.

What did you think about what I said in regards to how we scout players? Do you have a difference of opinion?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2018, 05:36:23 PM »

Oh I agree with you there.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 24, 2018, 11:47:37 AM »
Excellent. Iím glad we continue to be on the same page. Since you mentioned us being in a rut I was wondering if in previous years you ever did any team building activities off the field?

Perhaps the rookie combine week will be a good time to help the boys out.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 24, 2018, 11:53:19 AM »

I don't think I was ever on a team that did anything like that after the pre-season, but since we have this bye-week, I'm sure we could do something to help the team come together even tighter.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 27, 2018, 09:10:09 PM »
Well Iíve managed to get us a movie screening to entertain the boys and catered it to make sure they are well fed. I trust in you coach that given the off week youíll still have em ready for the next game.

Lock In

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 06, 2018, 01:28:17 PM »
THE MEDIA GROWS RESTLESS

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 07, 2018, 01:26:22 PM »
S10 WEEK 8

We had a reversal of fortune this game. While the result was the same as last week with a loss this time the team opened flat but rallied back to keep it competitive. The defense really stepped up in the second half only allowing 3 points per quarter and the offense kept the pressure on. There are times this season we have been a force to be reckoned with. Our problem is learning how to be consistent both during a game and across multiple opponents.

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?

Both news stories I want to discuss revolve around the same individual. LaVar Jackson. Other GMís seem to have a strong opinion about him. This week he made two separate announcements. The first is with him being unhappy at the HIFL not inviting his other children to the combine which both as a father and as an agent makes perfect sense. The second news has to do with him wanting to run his own Big Baller Showcase instead which does concern me. In my short time here weíve seen a lot of alternatives to the HIFL show up. My concern with the showcase isnít about finding a way for other players to get showcased but for it to be a way for the XFL the AAF and/or the IFAF to swoop in and steal talent.

3. How did you feel about the first annual HIFL/NCAA Showcase?  Do you feel like it was a beneficial addition to the league?

Itís definitelt what the league needs to be doing to showcase itself as the right path to a career in football. We need to make the pathway to playing in the league easier because if we miss out on talents they will have alternatives. Too much of that and it could be very concerning.

4. What was your take on the amount of GM errors that occurred during the bye-week?

Certainly ones I hope not to commit. Iím new here so I donít need any hits to my reputation before I even get one.

5. Do you plan on making any call ups this week before locking in?

If a player deserves it based on what our scouts and coaches say I wonít be opposed to it out of principle.

6. Talk about your game this upcoming week.

This week we play host to the Silverbacks. Oakland has been involved in a lot of trade rumors concerning the QB they might get but Iím more concerned with the Team they already have. Oakland so far this season has defended better than us and has scored more than us. Weíre really going to need to execute our game plan to make up in those two areas.

And lastly thank you for your patience. I know it took me some time to get to this podium today and I wonít let it become a habit. Unless there are any further questions ... ?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 07, 2018, 01:53:45 PM »

We had a chance to complete the comeback, but we came up short.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 07, 2018, 02:08:33 PM »
Yeah we did. But like I said to the press the comeback showed grit and we didnít quit. Considering we were going to play them this week I thought about letting an offer I received slip out.

Can you believe GM Justin of Oakland had the nerve to ask if I would trade for Juan Kirk for Christopher Chandler?? I thought about putting his business out there but didnít want to set a precedent and open that can of worms.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 07, 2018, 02:10:44 PM »

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 09, 2018, 09:52:45 AM »
Anywyas coach thanks for letting me vent to you. Weíre going to get ready for Oakland and take em on.

Hoppy can you ask Lawrence Gordon to meet with me in my office.

Lawrence wanted to say good job and welcome to the league. If it wasnít for some of your performances we might not have the few wins we do have. Just wanted to say I appreciate your effort and skills.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 09, 2018, 10:52:13 PM »

Hey boss man, I appreciate you showing me some love!  Loving it in the pros so far man, Just wanting to help the team get those Dubs!

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 09, 2018, 11:54:22 PM »
Hopefully itís a long and prosperous career. For the both of us.

Hoppy thatís all for now let coach know weíre good to go for the game

Lock In