Author Topic: TEAM: PORTLAND BREWERS  (Read 6425 times)

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: PORTLAND BREWERS
« Reply #200 on: August 08, 2018, 12:57:20 AM »
S10 WEEK 12 / 13

1. Talk us through your Week 12 Game, What did you like, what didn't you like?
- I liked that this team competed despite the turmoil that has happened in the executive offices.  This is a direct credit to the veterans on this roster who held this expansion team together.  We played a very close game never letting Charlotte get too commanding of a lead and in the end with 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter we left ourselves one possession away from tying the game.  The credit should also go to the coaching staff that did perform their duties in this time of turmoil.  A special congratulations to WR Dee Rutherford who not too long ago I called out in this media that he had to do more.  Dee Rutherford has done more and has been doing more.  His humility at not correcting his rookie GM is only a testament to his character and definitely something I can learn and absorb into my own duties. 

2. What did you think of the All-Star skills challenges? 
- Timothy Dekker certainly impressed his skills upon the rest of the league.  He might not have won against Alabama QB Jamie Ortega but he certainly raised some eyebrows and opened some eyes.  Now I want to put to rest any thoughts about calling up Timothy Dekker because that just isn't in the cards.  Timothy is still recovering from an injury that some might not have returned from. It's important these things be allowed to take their time because the rigors of a skill challenge pale in comparison to the rigors and challenge of a full football season. 

-But while some of these competitors took the competition seriously some of them took them over the edge.  They turned an exhibition that was meant to be a great marketing tool for the league into something some of us would want to shy away from.  I know things get said on a football field in the heat of battle but it is difficult to see some of the actions of players as pure personal.

3. What did you think of the All-Star Game itself?
- The game had everything!  Offensive plays - defensive plays - overtime - i mean what a finish!  It's sometimes difficult to see just how effective these all star linemen are because their production doesn't always show up in the box score but to me it was riveting watching the men on both sides of the line battle it out for all four quarters.

4. With the Minor League Call Up Window here once again, do you plan on calling up any players?
- Outside of Timothy Dekker we are open to watching players compete on the main roster if the coaching staff determines it so.  We're not eliminated for the playoffs and we are going to compete every day to win but we are also evaluating talent for future seasons.

5. Talk about your game this upcoming week, and how do you feel about the final five games of the regular season?
- I join the team on the road against Lincoln that is dealing with it's team turmoil though there's is squarely located on the disabled list.  I hope the coaching staff can come together and enhance the leadership that already exists on the roster.  We always knew there would be growing pains on this roster but now we know I too would have growing pains.  I have faith in these players and coaching staff that we can push everything behind us and work on playing Brewer football.  Limit turnovers. Control the clock. Pound the football. Catch secondaries cheating in and making them pay for it.

Now I know when I exited my last press conference a lot of questions went unanswered so if anyone would like I give you the floor at this time to ask them again.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2018, 08:37:54 AM »
"Do you believe your decision to suspend yourself was beneficial for your team and your relationship with the Coaching Staff?"
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2018, 12:04:35 PM »
I don't know if it made a difference one way or the other but I wanted to make it clear that in Portland when you make mistakes you take ownership of them.  I wanted to set the precedent that the team comes first before anyone and that's a message I think the coaching staff can get behind. As far as the team I think players for the most part have a negative view of their GM's.  Too many GM's are bragadocious and very me oriented.  I wanted to let the players know this General Manager is not like that.

So my hope is that it was beneficial but that will remain to be seen as I haven't spoken with the staff or the players.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2018, 11:06:13 PM »

Well... what's my name?

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2018, 04:28:55 PM »
Mr. Coach Ron Jackson no doubt about it.

I apologize sincerely for the disrespect I showed and thank you for coming back to the team.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2018, 04:30:33 PM »

Consider it water under the handicap-accessible bridge my man... now lets get off our... hmm..

...Lets go win some games!

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 10, 2018, 09:12:46 PM »
Damn right Coach Ron Jackson LETS WIN SOME GAMES!!!

Lincoln is going see a whole new Portland take the field against them.

Now outside of Timothy Dekker is their anyone down in Eugene worthy of garnering some major league snaps and help us win some of those games?  Or is it better leaving the club as is?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 12, 2018, 12:48:03 PM »

I think we're best as is, right now.. outside of Dekker, obviously.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 12, 2018, 06:07:53 PM »
Sounds good then Coach. Letís take care of business.

Lock In

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 24, 2018, 08:00:17 PM »
S10 WEEK 14

1. Talk us through your Week 12 Game, What did you like, what didn't you like?

-   I love that this team never quits and I hope thatís something the fans are paying attention too.  Portland does not get blown out of the water like you see in other games.  We are always giving our best effort and donít throw in the towel.  You look at the first half and you 27 Ė 7 and on other teams that might be at halftime where the coach throws in the towel.  After all we have every excuse in the book Ė weíre the expansion team.  Weíre meant to lose.  We donít have the weight of expectations.  But the true weight of expectations doesnít come from the media or even the fans. It comes from within. What you expect from yourself as a player, as a GM, as a coach.  I tell you right now we have some highly motivated coaches and players. Thatís why you in the second half the score was flipped to 20-7.  So even though the first half we played flat Ė the coaching staff made the corrections it needed and our players executed it.  We simply ran out of time.

2. Talk about anything interesting you around the league...

-   Seattle on a 4 game losing streak does bring a smile to my owners face and mine as well.  I think the bravado GM Jon showed after initial criticisms from the All Star roster has certainly been toned down.  And thatís a lesson I am certainly paying attention too.  Humility is important in this job because thereís always another team climbing someone else hungry looking to take your spot in the standings.  As the playoff races get tighter and tighter we will learn more and more about the makeups of the roster that some teams have.

3. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to do to win?

-   We Have Rapid City coming to town and they certainly want to advance into the playoffs. We might be scraping the bottom of the barrel but we aint dead yet.  Weíre going to give the same effort we do because thatís what we set for ourselves and weíre going to show Rapid City that their loss earlier this season wasnít a fluke. It was a changing of the guard in this division.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 27, 2018, 02:12:46 PM »

We showed some fight this week, we need to keep showing that fight to close out the season.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2018, 06:54:20 PM »
I need to check myself real quick Coach.  I got my weeks mixed up and we need to be getting ready to go on the road to Kansas City.  I got this week and next week mixed up with all this dang City all over this league.

I'll probably make sure to make a public announcement to let the fans know but I don't want our players confused. I don't want anything getting in the way of them showing that fight to close out the season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 31, 2018, 11:16:06 AM »

Good call, you don't want fans and family booking travel to the wrong location.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 03, 2018, 12:00:21 PM »
Definitely donít need that kind of karma in my life. 

What have you seen out of Richard Welker? I know we gave him a start due to Crawford injury but I wanted to see how heís progressed in practice and on the sidelines. Would it be worth it to give him some reps and see what we have or is the timing not right yet.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 03, 2018, 12:19:13 PM »

I wouldn't mind seeing what the kid can do in more game situations.  We're 3-9, our season is over after these regular season games end, so I think we should be in "early off-season" mode, evaluating our roster.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 03, 2018, 03:19:57 PM »
Okay Iíll let you tell Welker about him starting. Iíll tell Crawford weíre going to give the kid a shot in these last four games. Thanks coach

Hoppy I need you to work on two things. First, we need a press release correcting my statement about hosting Rapid City this week. Weíre on the road to Kansas City so letís push that through social, television and print media. Secondly if you could have Steven Crawford come to my office. Thanks.

Steven weíre going with a change at the QB position. Weíre going to give Richard the start in these last four games. Youíve been a great leader for us this season but weíre needing to see what Richard has because we hope he can lead us in future seasons and beyond.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 03, 2018, 03:21:55 PM »

I appreciate you letting me know.. it's been a good ride this season, and I'm not ending the year on IR, so I consider it a good year.  I'll do my best to help him play his best.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 03, 2018, 03:43:43 PM »
I appreciate that. Thanks for coming by.

Hoppy let me finalize the depth order at QB and have you give this to coach.

Richard Welker to starting QB
Steven Crawford to back up QB

Lock In

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 08, 2018, 12:14:54 PM »
THE MEDIA GROWS ANXIOUS AND IMPATIENT

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 12, 2018, 02:34:05 PM »
S10 WEEK 15

1. Who was your star player this week? Who disappointed?

I have to name two players right of the bat because working in unison they were able to give us control of the ball for 37 minutes to Kansas City 22 minutes.  First, Kevin Chandler for me had his best game of the season.  Everytime we gave him the ball he carried it for 7 yards.  Some people are just not prepared for that kind of run game to just repeatedly hit them in the mouth.  The second person I want to name is Richard Welker.  We gave Richard the ball to start the game and he delivered beautifully.  He took advantage of the defense starting to be fatigued by Kevin and our run game which is why the second half belonged to our ariel attack.  This is one of the best offensive performances of this team. Dominate the time of possession. Run the ball till the defense hurts and when they cheat to stop the run, throw it over their heads for a TD.  This was a masterful performance.   I don't have a player I'm disapointed in this week.

2. How would you evaluate your team over the last few weeks?

I'm not concerned about the previous weeks because that's in the past.  We had a rough patch that we have overcome. Let's talk about this week and moving forward.

3. With three games remaining, what is the plan to end the season on a high note?

Not that Portland will stop playing smart and hard but we are on a high note.  As an expansion team with three games left in the season we are still in playoff contention.  That's definitely an accomplishment.  It would be great to run the table and shock the world but for me it's a bit more personal two of those next three games are on our home turf where we currently only hold one win. We've been doing a great job winning on the road and that takes guts to be a road warrior.  But we need to win at home in front our fans because the loyalty they show us has to be rewarded. 

4. What do you have to do to win the game this week?

-   We Have Rapid City coming to town and they are in the playoff picture right now but they need to keep winning to guarantee that. We might be scraping the bottom of the barrel of that same playoff picture but we are just as scrappy.  Weíre going to give the same effort we do because thatís what we set for ourselves and weíre going to show Rapid City that their loss earlier this season wasnít a fluke. I was so excited for this chance to play Rapid City at home I got ahead of myself last week.  Now I've had two weeks worth of excitement to get ready for them.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 12, 2018, 08:30:30 PM »

Rollin! 

Rollin'!

Rollin' on the riva!

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 13, 2018, 01:49:32 PM »
Great game out there Coach.  First game out there we put Richard under center and he delivers.  Now I know that's just one game so I don't want to get ahead of myself.  GM Gates press conference confuses me.  Sure Rapid City has some talent but he says he's not taking us lightly but in the next breath brushes us off.

I was wondering as a defense if we can press on their WR more is that an adjustment that is available to us?  I want to rough them up on both sides of the ball and play spoiler one more time.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 14, 2018, 10:12:50 PM »

We can definitely play more aggressive on defense, play more man coverage and that should accomplish your objectives.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 16, 2018, 01:16:39 PM »
AUTOLOCKED

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 18, 2018, 10:28:41 PM »
S10 WEEK 16

1. Talk about this weeks performance from your team.

Clearly not our best performance especially when it comes to that second half and the injury to Welker is devastating. He was having a great game continuing from the last game and we looked poised to win in front of our fans. The second half just belonged to Rapid City and we didnít match their fire.

2. Talk about your team's news this week.

We expected these last few games to be a show off for Welker and now he has to change his focus to surgery and rehabilitation. That can be a jarring change especially for a young player to lose that veil of invincibility and especially with such a long road to recovery. Luckily we have a great leader to both take the reigns at QB in Steven Crawford and to impart some wisdom as Steven has dealt with his own long road to recovery in seasons past.

3. Talk about at least two other news stories of interest.

Youíve got two amazing performances from both Robles and Mariota. I much prefer that type of news to the salacious gossip that seems to fill the headlines these days. I will say this about Kitchen there will be a response for his comments and maybe it but that locker room right. I wouldnít know thatís not my locker room. But if it didnít that may just have players tune him out and thatís ineffective leadership.

4. What do you have to do to win the game this week?

We go on the road to St Louis. Now that we are officially out of the playoffs weíre looking to compete and disrupt other teams. We want to make it clear to our division that just because Portland is out of contention doesnít mean weíre laying down.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: September 18, 2018, 10:56:37 PM »

Well losing Weller is painful..

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2018, 11:21:20 PM »
Most definitely. Welker looked great too but unfortunately were going to have to hope he recovers well and that not only the physical pain disappeares but there are no emotional scars left.

I know Iíve already said it publicly but I assumed your thoughts were to give the balm to Crawford and not to Hudson.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 18, 2018, 11:22:10 PM »
Thatís the ball to Crawford. Sorry about that. Not trying to make any icy hot jokes right now.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 18, 2018, 11:51:04 PM »

I aint putting no balm on anyone..

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 19, 2018, 02:17:57 PM »

Oh... I see, you got that numb tongue..  HAHA.  Anyways, I'm good when you are.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 19, 2018, 07:33:20 PM »
Letís do it coach.

QB Depth: Steven Crawford to #1 Howard Hudson to #2 Richard Welker OUT due to injury

Lock In

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 26, 2018, 06:58:28 PM »
S10 WEEK 18 - ELIMINATED FROM PLAYOFFS

1. Talk about this weeks performance from your team. (if you were in the playoff hunt, talk about the let down of falling short)

This is a game I wanted to have because if you can't make the playoffs the next best thing you can do is share in the pain by taking someone else out.  To be able to do that against a divisional rival would have been even better but instead we took one on the chin and lost to the Seattle Lumberjacks.  The game was close through the first three quarters though I'm sure it was much more defensive than either team expected.  Seattle found the right rhythm in the fourth quarter and separated themselves big time courtesy of Brewster's arm.

2. Who was your MVP this season, and why?
As an expansion team you have to give credit to our veterans who kept the team in line like Stephen Crawford, Dee Rutherford, and Juan Kirk to name a few.  But on the field I think the credit has to go to Lawrence Gordon.  The rookie performed amassing a total of 88 Catches for 1167 Yards.  He was also the man to go to in the red zone as he made sure he was available and got us 16 Touchdowns. Even more impressive is being a primary and as a rookie going against the best CB he only had 8 Drops.

3. Who was your most disappointing player this year, and why? [DO NOT COP OUT]
I'd have to go with Dee Ruth - no I'm just kidding.  Dee had an amazing season for us and it was wrong of me to call him out mid season.  But the question still needs an answer and I will give it. I'd have to say it's Frank Cooney.  Certainly it was a shame that his season ended with a terrible injury and we wish him a speedy recovery.  It felt like he didn't find his groove earlier in the season.  I thought he would finish strong in Week 16 after that performance against Rapid City with 5 tackles and 4 Pass Deflections but then the injury came.  For someone we invested a lot in when we drafted him the first year did not go well but I hope his rehab goes well and he can make our secondary next year go to the next level.

4. How would you grade your coaches performances this year?
Everything is relative but for an expansion team our coaching staff did well earning themselves a grade of B+.  We established an identity even without always seeing the results we had.  We also had a big time victory against the defending champs that I will certainly remember fondly.  But we need to win more games at home.  1 is not enough and we need to at least be .500

5. How would you grade your own performance this year?
I'm going to give myself a B- .  I certainly had some missteps that sent my Head Coach on a vacation for a bit.  But I felt we built a solid foundation and have an identity.  We certainly have the most talented man in the minor leagues that we hope to have on our main roster next year.

6. Who is your pick to go and win the impact bowl?
Defense wins championships.  I'm taking St. Paul

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 27, 2018, 05:05:48 PM »

GM Andre, while we did little to improve our fan support after the season began, we did achieve our goal of building the franchise.  We have a foundation, which is the key to a strong brew.

We did not succeed at home, nor could we get a win over Seattle in either of our attempts, but despite our failures, I see no reason to not retain your services.  Just know, 1 out of 5 is not going to cut it next season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 28, 2018, 05:45:34 PM »

FINANCIAL INFORMATION:

We have $53.75MM available on the S11 Salary cap, We have $12.75MM Available in Bonus Pool Money

We have $7.5MM in Off-Season Bonus Money that will be forfeited if not spent prior to the start of the S11 Draft.

We have the following Open Roster Spots:

1 RB
1 FB
1 TE
3 WR
1 OT
1 CB
1 SS
1 FS
3 FLEX

7 Minor League Roster Spots

1 AC (Optional)

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 29, 2018, 07:57:26 PM »
Thank you for that information hoppy. I would like you to get David Seaton on the line

David how are you?

Listen Iím interested in bringing you in for one reason. We want you to work exclusively with Richard Welker. He suffered a terrible injury and we want him to be the future of this franchise or find out if thatís not going to be something we can expect. I know in St. Paul you were the offensive coordinator and technically this would be a demotion but I would like to offer a 1 year 4 million dollar deal. I donít know if youíve got other offers for offensive coordinator but perhaps you can think of us as an option.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 29, 2018, 09:46:28 PM »

You've got a deal, I'd love to work with Welker and help him become the best QB he can be.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 11, 2018, 10:42:16 PM »
Hoppy can you get the representation for Randall Estates please?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 11, 2018, 11:13:00 PM »

GM Andre, How you doin?

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 11, 2018, 11:38:39 PM »
Iím doing good. Thank you Anthony for asking. How about yourself how are you and Randall doing?

So Iím sure when you became his representation you had a certain expectation on when, where and who would draft your client. I would imagine after the lottery was announced Portland wasnít on that list.

That being said we would definitely want to build long term around a dominant offensive line and weapons that can take advantage so I want a long term deal to build that roster in the 5-6 year range but all of the players picked in front of Randall signed for 4 years. What do you and Randall think? Can he or does he want to commit that long term?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 11, 2018, 11:49:53 PM »

My other client Marvin Swanson just inked for 4 years and $10MM with a full guarantee... So lets do 4 years, 10MM and a $1MM signing bonus buddy, Fuggettaboutit!

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 12, 2018, 12:37:24 AM »
Okay Anthony you got it. Forget About It. I think Iím saying it right?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 12, 2018, 12:39:45 AM »

Ha!....kid, Fuggettaboutit!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 12, 2018, 01:05:54 AM »

You fangulo!! I said FULLY GUARANTEED!!! For that, we want an extra 1MM to the signing Bonus!

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2018, 01:08:53 AM »
A mistake was made. I will rectify it. A thousand apologies.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 12, 2018, 01:20:10 AM »

Fuggettaboutit.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 13, 2018, 10:22:55 PM »
Hoppy letís get the rep for James Poe please?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 13, 2018, 11:06:46 PM »

We meet again..

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 14, 2018, 05:58:38 PM »
You are having a draft day arenít you Mr. Campanelli. So 3 years 2.5 million for Poe sound good?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 14, 2018, 07:53:29 PM »

Fugettaboutit!

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 14, 2018, 07:55:28 PM »
Awesome. Thanks Anthony

Hoppy we need the representation for Gary Plunkett please