Author Topic: TEAM: PORTLAND BREWERS  (Read 3496 times)

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: PORTLAND BREWERS
« Reply #200 on: August 08, 2018, 12:57:20 AM »
S10 WEEK 12 / 13

1. Talk us through your Week 12 Game, What did you like, what didn't you like?
- I liked that this team competed despite the turmoil that has happened in the executive offices.  This is a direct credit to the veterans on this roster who held this expansion team together.  We played a very close game never letting Charlotte get too commanding of a lead and in the end with 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter we left ourselves one possession away from tying the game.  The credit should also go to the coaching staff that did perform their duties in this time of turmoil.  A special congratulations to WR Dee Rutherford who not too long ago I called out in this media that he had to do more.  Dee Rutherford has done more and has been doing more.  His humility at not correcting his rookie GM is only a testament to his character and definitely something I can learn and absorb into my own duties. 

2. What did you think of the All-Star skills challenges? 
- Timothy Dekker certainly impressed his skills upon the rest of the league.  He might not have won against Alabama QB Jamie Ortega but he certainly raised some eyebrows and opened some eyes.  Now I want to put to rest any thoughts about calling up Timothy Dekker because that just isn't in the cards.  Timothy is still recovering from an injury that some might not have returned from. It's important these things be allowed to take their time because the rigors of a skill challenge pale in comparison to the rigors and challenge of a full football season. 

-But while some of these competitors took the competition seriously some of them took them over the edge.  They turned an exhibition that was meant to be a great marketing tool for the league into something some of us would want to shy away from.  I know things get said on a football field in the heat of battle but it is difficult to see some of the actions of players as pure personal.

3. What did you think of the All-Star Game itself?
- The game had everything!  Offensive plays - defensive plays - overtime - i mean what a finish!  It's sometimes difficult to see just how effective these all star linemen are because their production doesn't always show up in the box score but to me it was riveting watching the men on both sides of the line battle it out for all four quarters.

4. With the Minor League Call Up Window here once again, do you plan on calling up any players?
- Outside of Timothy Dekker we are open to watching players compete on the main roster if the coaching staff determines it so.  We're not eliminated for the playoffs and we are going to compete every day to win but we are also evaluating talent for future seasons.

5. Talk about your game this upcoming week, and how do you feel about the final five games of the regular season?
- I join the team on the road against Lincoln that is dealing with it's team turmoil though there's is squarely located on the disabled list.  I hope the coaching staff can come together and enhance the leadership that already exists on the roster.  We always knew there would be growing pains on this roster but now we know I too would have growing pains.  I have faith in these players and coaching staff that we can push everything behind us and work on playing Brewer football.  Limit turnovers. Control the clock. Pound the football. Catch secondaries cheating in and making them pay for it.

Now I know when I exited my last press conference a lot of questions went unanswered so if anyone would like I give you the floor at this time to ask them again.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2018, 08:37:54 AM »
"Do you believe your decision to suspend yourself was beneficial for your team and your relationship with the Coaching Staff?"
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2018, 12:04:35 PM »
I don't know if it made a difference one way or the other but I wanted to make it clear that in Portland when you make mistakes you take ownership of them.  I wanted to set the precedent that the team comes first before anyone and that's a message I think the coaching staff can get behind. As far as the team I think players for the most part have a negative view of their GM's.  Too many GM's are bragadocious and very me oriented.  I wanted to let the players know this General Manager is not like that.

So my hope is that it was beneficial but that will remain to be seen as I haven't spoken with the staff or the players.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2018, 11:06:13 PM »

Well... what's my name?

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2018, 04:28:55 PM »
Mr. Coach Ron Jackson no doubt about it.

I apologize sincerely for the disrespect I showed and thank you for coming back to the team.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2018, 04:30:33 PM »

Consider it water under the handicap-accessible bridge my man... now lets get off our... hmm..

...Lets go win some games!

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 10, 2018, 09:12:46 PM »
Damn right Coach Ron Jackson LETS WIN SOME GAMES!!!

Lincoln is going see a whole new Portland take the field against them.

Now outside of Timothy Dekker is their anyone down in Eugene worthy of garnering some major league snaps and help us win some of those games?  Or is it better leaving the club as is?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 12, 2018, 12:48:03 PM »

I think we're best as is, right now.. outside of Dekker, obviously.

GM Andre

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 12, 2018, 06:07:53 PM »
Sounds good then Coach. Letís take care of business.

Lock In