Author Topic: TEAM: MILWAUKEE BARONS  (Read 4538 times)

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: MILWAUKEE BARONS
« Reply #250 on: July 02, 2018, 09:30:02 PM »
Balanced to a fault. That said, the points allowed means something we can take advantage of even if we bend on their running game against us.

Let's keep this simple for the week, then, Coach. Nothing else to really touch on from my end.

For our game plan, we'll go with the same run/pass ratio as last week on the following:

1st and 10 - 60/40
1st and Short - 65/35
1st and Long - 45/55
2nd and Short - 55/45
2nd and Long - 35/65
3rd and Short - 60/40
3rd and Long - 15/85
4th and short - 65/35
4th and long - 1/99
Goal Line - 65/35
Leading w/ 2 mins - 65/35
Trailing w/ 2 mins - 1/99

All other coaching strategies and line-up decisions are Coaches' Decisions.

Let's lock in.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 15, 2018, 03:32:58 PM »
1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

Well, this was one of those games where everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong and where, plain and simple, we got our butts kicked. It doesn't feel good for anybody and the only bright side of it is that it's now over and we can use the tape from that game against Charlotte to learn more about ourselves and avoid that kind of embarrassment again, especially at home.

2. Give us an evaluation of the first half of the season for your team, who has stood out both good and bad?

Our defense is working hard as is our coaching staff on it, but it's clear that I need to make the moves going forward to shore up the defense moving forward. As for the good, I do like that our offense is getting a bit of chemistry put together and that it's just a matter of time and experience to work out the kinks. As for who has stood out, Robert Marshall and Steven Jackson have shown that they have a future in this league as some of the top players in their position and as for the bad, I just think that the number of drops for Frank Walker this season are something the coaching staff and I are disappointed about because we know how talented that young man is...but one's gotta secure the ball if they're gonna make catches, add yards, etc.

3. With where you sit in the standings, how do you feel about your chances of meeting your owners expectations and how do you grade your performance as GM, what about your job security?

As an expansion franchise, we're growing our brand here and trying to establish ourselves within the offense rankings and I think we've done some of those things. It'd be nice to add another win or so over our division opponents as well to go with it, but I do believe I'm OK as far as my job standing unless I'm told otherwise by our owner.

4. Who is your league-wide Mid-season MVP?  Who has been the most surprising under performer?

Adrian McCaffrey in St. Paul...can't deny what his numbers are showing and how much he adds to that St. Paul team as a whole. As for an under performer, look...that can probably be answered with the next question.

5. Which of your division rivals has surprised you the most? How and Why?

Probably GM Powers and the Michigan Monsters. I understand that his absence due to personal health issues hasn't helped them one bit but this Monsters team almost looks like nothing like the juggernaut that came together to make that Impact Bowl run last season. Perhaps once he's fully healthy and returned, they might turn the corner but as of now, I'd say they're probably the surprise and the underperforming bunch.

6. With the Trade Deadline coming up this week, Do you see yourself as a buyer, a Seller, or do you plan to hold fast with what you have?

I'll be keeping my eyes open on any moves we can make to help our defense improve for the long haul but nothing to break the bank.

7. What is your opinion on the league's newly announced luxury tax rule, do you believe it is fair, and do you believe it will benefit the league?

I think it's definitely needed as a means to keep certain teams and GM's in check alongside it being an extra caveat to prepare for the competition that the AAF and XFL are going to be bringing. I do think it'll benefit the league in the long term, yes.

8. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

I could throw all the cliches on Earth here, but a better performance than what we gave last week would be a start. We'll work our butts off to do that.

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 15, 2018, 04:21:58 PM »

I've got to say GM Strike Guy, I've expected more points from this explosive offensive nucleus, but I also see great potential.. 
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 15, 2018, 04:54:26 PM »
It is a slower process than even what I was expecting, sir. At the same time, the potential is there for this nucleus to really turn up the heat the moment that we figure this out. I believe we can definitely keep moving towards that path, personally.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 15, 2018, 04:59:56 PM »

I have 100% faith in you. You're building the franchise just as I wanted, we knew we would need some work over time, we will continue to build the roster and climb the rankings in due time.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2018, 12:26:54 AM »
Thank you sir. I look forward to continuing our work here and building this team going forward. The support is appreciated, believe me.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 16, 2018, 12:36:56 AM »

No problem. What kind of wingman would I be if I left you out in the cold.  You'll always have support here, as long as you do your job.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 16, 2018, 12:52:11 AM »
Yessir. Thank you Mr. Barone. If you'll excuse me, then, I need to find the coaching staff...a few things to cover before we head into this week. Have a good day, sir.

GM STRIKE GUY HEADS DOWN TO THE PRACTICE FIELD RATHER THAN CALLING THIS ONE IN, MAKING HIS WAY TOWARDS THE COACHING STAFF

Coaches, do you have a moment?

AFTER GATHERING THEM TOGETHER IN AN AREA SLIGHTLY AWAY FROM THE PLAYERS, GM STRIKE GUY SPEAKS UP AGAIN

Hey guys...it was not exactly the week any of us hoped for on this one but I figured to skip the office talks for the week and came down wanting to talk here with you all at first before addressing the team as a collective. To start with, I just wanted to say thank you. The hard work doesn't go unnoticed. But with us headed to Atlanta after a loss like the one we took against Charlotte, I just want to get your opinions on what we can be looking at from all aspects in order to string some positive results on the remainder of the season. The floor is yours, Coaches.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 16, 2018, 01:29:01 PM »

I honestly believe you just stay the course.  We're understaffed in a few areas, but the team will benefit more from consistency and a clear focus over trying to jumble things around and fix a puzzle without all the pieces.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 16, 2018, 11:48:11 PM »
Then staying the course will do - not much out there as it is. We'll fly out with the team we got here.

That said, Coach Spuds, any chance you can gather the team here for a quick word before we get ourselves ready for the week?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 17, 2018, 12:04:23 AM »
COACH GATHERS THE BOYS

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 17, 2018, 09:58:32 PM »
Thanks, Coaches.

Gentlemen, it's been an experience thus far for us. Highs and lows, learning every day and after last week, learning what it's like to really get punched in the mouth by anything and everything around you. A learning experience is an understatement when it comes to that game...but that was just one game. It's a new week for us and with it, comes a new challenge in a land where a certain General Manager has pillaged and plummeted his own team to the point where they are barely even recognizable. There's no doubt in my mind that Atlanta is going to come at us with everything that they have and then some, that they're going to play us for their own pride and their own self-respect since their GM has absolutely none of that! They're going to a formidable foe but with this circumstance, I see an opportunity for us.

We have yet to claim our first road win as a franchise...and I am of full belief that Atlanta is as good of a place to make that history. For ourselves, for the teammates and staff around you, for this city that has been supporting us since Day 1 of putting this operation together. A road win and a chance to grab some momentum for the remainder of this season and play with our heads held higher than before.

Let's soar high, boys and give 'em a dogfight they'll never forget!  ...And let's see if these Warriors have got the guts to come out and play!

Barons on three!

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 17, 2018, 10:52:51 PM »
BARONS!

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 17, 2018, 10:54:05 PM »
GM STRIKE GUY NODS

Let's get them this week, boys!

Coaches...here's this for the week:

1st and 10 - 60/40
1st and Short - 65/35
1st and Long - 45/55
2nd and Short - 55/45
2nd and Long - 35/65
3rd and Short - 60/40
3rd and Long - 15/85
4th and short - 65/35
4th and long - 1/99
Goal Line - 65/35
Leading w/ 2 mins - 65/35
Trailing w/ 2 mins - 1/99

All other coaching strategies and line-up decisions are Coaches' Decisions.

Let's lock in

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 20, 2018, 08:24:47 PM »

I'd argue a lot more went wrong than right. The obvious result, stats, turnovers, losing our starting quarterback for the season and overall, it was a rough round for us all around and I'd like to extend my congratulations to the players and coaches in Atlanta for their victory in spite of their incompetent GM. But with that said, our focus moving forward will be in ensuring that we finish out the season with the players that we have here and to continue growing as a team. This is a setback, but it is one that we will overcome.

2. With the All-Star Rosters being announced this week, what is your take on the composition, any snubs or surprises from your own team?

Miguel Tripp should have made that squad one way or another. Incredibly happy for Ronnie Andrade being nominated, however.

3. What news stories stood out to you this week?

If there was ever a time to be glad for a Tulsa Celtics victory, this week would definitely be it. Good on Tulsa for getting it done. Also, as for the play everyone's been going on about with Steven Jackson's high stepping and it costing us a touchdown...well, he's young. Young and impressionable in a lot of ways but that was a rookie mistake. One that I'm confident he will learn from and not repeat, given that it cost him an extra touchdown catch on his stats along with yards.

4. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

Just getting back to basics and adapting to the injuries around us in order to give Oakland a fight. GM Justin's squad is trying to get itself back to .500 and there's no doubt that this team is coming with every intention to get there...

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 20, 2018, 09:38:13 PM »

Devastating news about Marshall..

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 21, 2018, 02:42:51 AM »
Incredibly so. Part of me half-wanted to tell the media to fuck off this week and call GM Lucas a cunt, but thankfully, that part of me has been contained ever since the whole debacle with Hagan a few years ago.

That said, nothing else we can do but move forward here. Also, we need to look at bringing somebody in for the rest of the season to play QB...if anything, what's your evaluation on Lee Woo from what you've seen of him in practices? Do you think he's a feasible enough guy to start for the rest of the year or should we focus our search around free agency instead?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 21, 2018, 04:49:27 PM »

Well, free agency-wise, we only have two options...  Owen Arrington and Marco Schweinsteiger. Woo is probably a better starting option than either of those two, but perhaps we could work something out with another team to cut their 3rd QB or a prospect QB that we could sign, and pay them back in the off-season with some PR or a late round pick? ...just an idea.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 22, 2018, 03:53:58 PM »
Yeah, given the options in free agency...probably for the best in regards of your idea, Coach. I'll start putting feelers out and seeing if I can pull off something of the sort. In the meantime, Oakland's fighting for their playoff lives out there...how are they looking on the stats for their offense and defense overall?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 23, 2018, 09:29:34 PM »

Without our franchise quarterback, our offensive stats don't mean much anymore.  Meawhile We're last in rushing defense they are 12th in run offense.  They're 12th in passing and we're still #2 vs the pass.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: July 24, 2018, 01:20:31 AM »
I appreciate it, Coach. I'm working out the finer details to get us our QB2 for the rest of the season and once I do, I'll send over the sheet for our lock-in.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 24, 2018, 09:57:28 PM »

Sounds chill brown pill!

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 25, 2018, 12:18:42 AM »
Thanks Coach. Hang on tight, I've got our deal here.

Carmine, please connect me on the line to James T Crain, please.

Mr. Crain, GM Strike Guy here. We're down a QB and we were looking to see about bringing Peter Bain in for the rest of the season. Would a 250K deal to do it work?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 25, 2018, 09:48:45 PM »
DEAL

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 25, 2018, 09:52:37 PM »
A pleasure, as always, Mr. Crain. Thanks for your time.

Alright Coach, call's made, let's give Woo the start this week and let Peter slowly learn as much as he can grasp over the next few weeks, evaluate it all accordingly as we go. One game at the time, at this point.

All strategies and such, I'll leave to you and the rest of the coaching staff.

Lock in

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2018, 08:03:20 PM »

Oakland's offense was firing on all cylinders and they played like a team trying to make the playoffs. For the most part, we didn't make the plays we needed to in order to match them in firepower from start to finish and again, it's another one in the books for us to take film from and continue to improve our form as much as we can. I will say we did have a few bright spots with those connections from Woo to SJAX. Our receivers have the ability to break the game open if we give them the opportunity and Steven Jackson's shown that in spades with his two TD catches. Overall, we've gotta keep working.

2. Talk about any news your team is involved in this week, as well as what other news stories stood out to you this week?

Well, as it's been already covered, the Woo-SJAX connection showed some sparks this week and I agree with LaVar in that it could be money for us as we go through the remainder of the season. It's a good start for them, but we'll see what the rest of the year holds. As for the rest of the league, gotta tip my cap to Curt Robles...that performance was the stuff of legends that we're going to be talking about for years to come, even more so when we're inducting that man into the Hall of Fame. Kudos to him and the Alabama franchise.

3. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to focus on most?

Tombstone's on deck. They've struggled as well as we have. We just gotta work on our basics and focus on keeping the ball in our possession, avoid costly penalties and just play the kind of game that I know we are capable of playing as a team. We do that, we'll break off this losing streak.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 31, 2018, 11:06:04 AM »

It was good to see some promising play out of Woo, and Jackson's continuing a strong rookie campaign. 833 yards and 10 TDs on 40 catches.. We're still trending in the right direction.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 31, 2018, 08:01:50 PM »
Yeah, we know where we stand but seeing positive results from some of our parts is good. Woo looked less shaky than I expected, which is definitely good. That said, Coach - to be honest, I figure to touch base with a few guys come All-Star break so I won't waste your time or anyone else's. I'll leave any game strategies and personnel decisions to you and the coaching staff.

Let's lock in for the week.

((OOC: Bit of a busy week between work and such, so locking it in a bit earlier than usual. Thanks T.))

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 05, 2018, 07:02:10 PM »
1. Talk us through your Week 12 Game, What did you like, what didn't you like?

It was nice to get another win and a big credit to Peter Bain for stepping in after the unfortunate injury to Lee Woo in order to help us get that W on the board against Tombstone. That said, it sucks seeing yet another QB on our chart get injured for the remainder of the season.

2. What did you think of the All-Star skills challenges?

I felt the challenges generated as much buzz as the game itself, as the whole situation between Merv and Elias showcased throughout a couple of those. It's a way of differentiating our league from any other football league out there and overall, it should be fun to see next year's now that we have established champions for each competition.

3. What did you think of the All-Star Game itself?

It showcased the best of the best in the league clashing against one another and it was a fun back-and-forth contest to see. Exciting finish, on top of it all. That said, we've got aspirations to see more than just one All-Star selection out of Milwaukee next season.

4. With the Minor League Call Up Window here once again, do you plan on calling up any players?

Negative, we want Mr. Toliver to get all the experience he can get with actual playing time in the minors and let him continue to grow before considering a call-up.

5. Talk about your game this upcoming week, and how do you feel about the final five games of the regular season?

It's back to divisional play for us and getting Cleveland once more is going to make for an interesting game, given their recent in-house issues. That is still a very strong team that can run the ball and make plays on both ends, so our football is going to have to be played out perfectly to keep pace and grab a win.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 05, 2018, 09:06:09 PM »

If my quarterback room has a voodoo hex on it, I swear to sweet Jesus.....

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 06, 2018, 12:58:06 AM »
Same, Coach. Same. It's not going to be a pretty result if someone did that.

Probably it was GM Gooch and St. Paul, those bitter pricks...

Either way, means we're going to have to grab another one...and well, not a whole lot of choices unless we talk someone from cutting one of their own or something. I'll think on it here over the next day or so. That said, Bain looked alright under the circumstances.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 06, 2018, 02:00:52 AM »

Yeah, he was solid as could be expected..  Just so you know, the team is solid, we're playing hard and we believe in what you're doing.  Record be damned, we're an expansion, and even though STL and Charlotte are doing amazing things as an expansion team, we know that is an anomaly, we're building from the ground up and we're doing it the right way.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 06, 2018, 03:11:31 AM »
I fully believe in us too. I know I might sound frustrated at times, but that's more so at the growing pains given that I'm seeing how hard we all have worked thus far and seeing those anomalies in place too.

That said, thank you for continuing to play as hard as you all do, Coach. To you and the guys. It's not gonna be easy these next five games against the division, but maybe we've got one more shocker or two left in us.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 06, 2018, 01:54:41 PM »

Absolutely, we want to play spoiler for every team on our schedule from here on out.  We aren't laying down.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 06, 2018, 09:14:51 PM »
Yessir. Looking forward to seeing the fight that you guys are going to bring out this week, Coach.

I'm going to go ahead and get this QB business settled and from there, I'll send us the info so we can get this show on the road against Cleveland.

Carmine, Amber Molina, please.

Ms. Molina, hello there. We are wondering in regards of bringing in QB Mario Estrada for the remainder of the year, given the injuries having piled up on our end. 250K for the rest of the year to do it?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 06, 2018, 09:46:36 PM »

Absolutely, he'll be on the next flight to Milwaukee.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 06, 2018, 11:03:53 PM »
We'll see him then, Amber. Thank you.

Coach, nothing else much to go on here, I'll check in next week with some of the guys. For now, let's do this thing against Cleveland:

- Peter Bain at QB1, Mario Estrada at QB2
- All other strategies and personnel decisions are coaches' choice.

Lock in!

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 22, 2018, 11:36:22 PM »
1. Talk us through your Week 12 Game, What did you like, what didn't you like?

It was a hard-fought battle and it showed that we still have plenty left in the tank for the remainder of the season. The mission for us with knowing that we are out of a postseason berth is fairly simple with games left against our division...we want to play spoiler for every team on our schedule from here on out.  We aren't laying down and this week was a display of that pure grit by our guys. It was nice to see Loren Isaacs back from injury and getting himself back into the fold alongside the absolute performance from guys like Peter Bain, Miguel Tripp, Cleo Rickard, Steven Jackson, James Booth and the rest of the boys. It's unfortunate that we couldn't pull off the upset against Cleveland but I believe this game was huge in helping build a foundation for our future as a team.

2. Talk about anything interesting you around the league...

The playoff races are starting to heat up and lo and behold, our division here in the North East is seeing itself with four other teams - outside of Cleveland, who is currently leading the division - trying to fight for some of those Wild Card spots. And our schedule for the rest of the season just so happens to be against our division foes, some that are on the bubble between postseason football and going home for the rest of the year like us.

3. Talk about your game this upcoming week, what do you need to do to win?

...The timing on that question couldn't be more perfect.

We have St. Paul this week. Our first franchise victory, our first win at home ever. We sang them off the field in the last meeting to "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" by the Righteous Brothers and played a heck of a game in the process to do it. That same intensity, that same fire from our defense and our offense is going to have to come forth full throttle again to handle this version of the St. Paul Lynx that has found some of its mojo once more. They are on a four game winning streak right now and picking up momentum at the right time...so the way I see it? It's up to us to put a stop to it and add another upset over a division rival to our books.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 27, 2018, 01:44:19 PM »

We know STP wants revenge, but its up to us to prove to them that they're no match for the Mighty Barons

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 28, 2018, 01:01:07 AM »
Yeah, I have no doubts they're coming in focused and with this game being in their house, it's going to make for a taller task than the first round against them. That said, you guys fought like hell in that Cleveland game, just like you said you all would Coach. Anything that you see out of St. Paul that we can possibly use against them since the last time we've played them?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 28, 2018, 12:30:02 PM »

Their defense is ridiculously talented.  Maybe the best in the league now.  I'm worried about Hagan, he's on a tear this year.

As for their offense, it's still the same, if we can fluster Carr early, we could sweep this season series and make GM Gooch's head explode.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 28, 2018, 07:59:10 PM »
Yeah, they were no laughing matter the first round either on their defense. That said, do we keep the defense the same way or maybe add an extra bit of pressure with blitz percentage upped slightly in some down situations to rattle Carr in a similar vein to what we did the last game?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 29, 2018, 12:52:29 PM »

We definitely could up the blitz a little here and there, what did you have in mind?

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 30, 2018, 12:11:19 AM »
Well, correct me if I'm mistaken, but we've normally run something akin to 35% on most of our blitzes. I'd say the change not be too radical...I was thinking something around 40 to 45 percent? Enough of an increase to come at them if they try to run the ball on us with AMC and keep them humble enough on that passing game. The more we can get Carr to second-guess himself and make rushed throws, the more we can bat them down and/or pick them off. Thoughts?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 31, 2018, 11:42:24 AM »

You're correct boss, and I think you're on the right track.  40-45% sounds good.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 01, 2018, 03:31:42 AM »
Letís set the blitz ratio for 45% in this game, then. Got nothing to lose at this point.

All other strategies and roster movements are up to you, Coach.

Good luck this week. Letís lock in.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 08, 2018, 12:14:51 PM »
THE MEDIA GROWS ANXIOUS AND IMPATIENT

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 16, 2018, 01:17:00 PM »
AUTOLOCKED

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 19, 2018, 02:18:21 PM »

We're just going to go ahead and lock in for the remainder of the regular season.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 22, 2018, 01:12:59 AM »
"First off, thank you members of the media for your patience - hasn't been the easiest few weeks recovering from the flu, but I'm glad to see everyone once again. Let's get to some questions, shall we?"

1. Talk about this weeks performance from your team...

It was a bit of a whimper versus D.C. after two very solid performances in the weeks prior against Michigan and New Jersey. We finish our season at 3-13 and tied for last place with three other teams...and while I believe none of us were hoping for a record like that, this first season was a learning experience for all of us and we're looking forward to taking everything we have learned and come back as a stronger team in our second season.

2. Who was your MVP this season, and why?

Steven Jackson. Over 1,000 yards receiving, more than 10 receiving TD's, he was an absolute and consistent presence for us throughout the year and I fully believe he'll come back next season even stronger, faster and ready to make bigger waves.

3. Who was your most disappointing player this year, and why?

Frank Walker. We believe in his ability to be a versatile player but there was a lack of consistency in his play and the constant amount of drops were definitely detrimental on drives. I only say this because we know how capable Frank is and we know he can improve by putting in the work this offseason. Oneís best success comes after their greatest disappointments and I know he'll be able to take this experience, convert it into success and in turn, contribute to our success.

4. How would you grade your coaches performances this year?

A. They've been a consistent presence in and out of the locker room and a great help to me in building the pieces for the future of this team. I couldn't ask for a better staff.

5. How would you grade your own performance this year?

C-. I feel that I helped make the proper moves to build this team here, but a 3-13 season definitely brings the grade down and then some. There's a lot I have to still improve before I can give myself anything higher.

6. Who is your pick to go and win the Impact Bowl?

After seeing the season they've put together and that defense being the way they have been...I'm gonna say it's Las Vegas pulling it off.