Author Topic: TEAM: MILWAUKEE BARONS  (Read 6627 times)

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: MILWAUKEE BARONS
« Reply #200 on: March 28, 2018, 07:35:48 PM »
They're the first, but they're probably not going to be the last by any means.

If anything, knowing GM Kirk and his crew, they're approaching this one carefully. How are we looking for a breakdown on how Jersey's defense stacks up and where it'd be best to attack them?

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 28, 2018, 11:02:53 PM »

They are giving up about 120 per game in rushing and 287 in passing. 

(OOC: ranking #'s are not available due to other games being simmed already)
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2018, 03:42:47 AM »
Well, either way...we're gonna have our hands full. I know the buses are nearly here and I don't have much else this week, Coach. Good luck to you guys.

As per usual, coaches' decisions on all aspects of strategies and formations.

LOCK IN

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 11, 2018, 09:39:51 PM »
1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

We moved the ball accordingly on offense and we kept the pace for three quarters, not letting things slip out of hand...that's one of the things we can say we did but as for what went wrong, it's more so the fact that we definitely gave up a lot on the ground and having two crucial turnovers throughout the game didn't help matters either. But this was a much closer game than what it looks on paper and I'm sure GM Kirk knows it as much...even through all his Twitter shade.

2. Which of your division rivals has surprised you the most so far this season?

The fact that St. Paul's offense is flaccid and their entire team has mostly acted like...well, I'm trying to think of a compensation joke that hasn't already been done yet, but nothing comes to mind. Next question, please.

3. With where you sit in the standings, do you feel it is a true reflection of your team? Where do you feel you should stand, and who on your team is most responsible for your current standing?

I feel that as an expansion team, we'd like to have had another win or so under our belts but as of now, this is where we currently stand and a record we have to improve on. I do fully give credit to our defensive efforts against St. Paul for helping us get that first win on the board and am fully confident that as our offense finds its groove that we're going to be able to take a few more W's before the season is done.

4. What has been the biggest challenge for your team so far this season, and who would you say was your teams' most improved?

I believe our biggest challenge is our defense against the run. It's been shown as much on the stat sheet and I'm sure our coaching staff and our players aren't happy it is the way it is either but hey, work in progress. I have felt that our red zone possessions have improved little by little with each game and am glad to see our guys being able to put in work in that area. Just gotta keep grinding, cliche as it sounds.

5. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the toughest thing to prepare for this week?

Playing in the toughest division in football alone is enough preparation as it is, but we've got Cleveland this week...a solid team with great players, excellent coaching and one of the most obnoxious owners in the entire league. Needless to say, we've got our work cut out for us but we are at home and I believe we have it in us to come out, play as hard as we can on all ends of the spectrum and succeed against a tough division foe. Anything can happen in the HIFL.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 12, 2018, 12:54:16 PM »

With Smoak out with injury I really like our chances against Cleveland, as long as we can hinder Zeke as much as possible.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 12, 2018, 04:47:01 PM »
Timing is everything but yes, we definitely have to worry on the Zeke front. Given that we have had our struggles on the ground over this first quarter of football played, would you think some extra time for our defense dedicated to position training with a focus on stopping the run would be helpful or is it one of those cases where Iím reading too much into it?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 14, 2018, 08:39:59 PM »

We can definitely work that if you'd like, but it's one of those things we aren't going to vastly improve with a week of practice.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 15, 2018, 02:35:44 PM »
I wouldn't expect overnight results by any means, but something that can be worked on a steady basis might do the trick. I know the guys already work hard enough as is on defense, but would you say an extra hour of position training added to duties would work without overworking them?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 18, 2018, 02:20:02 PM »

Yeah, one extra hour a week won't kill them.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2018, 02:11:29 PM »
Alright then, Coach. I'll make my rounds talking with some of the guys over the next couple of weeks but in the meantime, I'll let you all get back to work.

As per usual, coaches' decision on strategies/formations for the game...

And of course, this bit is to apply to all of our players on defense:

In-Season Training Schedule
- 1 extra hour of Position Training

LOCK IN

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 20, 2018, 04:39:55 PM »

Well, what was a close game during the first half ended up going out of control as Cleveland did the smart thing by running the ball and letting Elliott grind it out alongside making the stops they needed to make. That said, I'm pleased that we only kept things to one turnover only rather than multiple ones and we have to continue to keep the ball secure to give ourselves a shot at competing during games but we're going to take this whooping we took and just move forward. We've got some kinks to figure out on both sides of the ball and having gotten through some very tough conference games, we hope to take the good and the bad from them, learn and take them into the next couple of weeks to make some wins happen. Credit is very much due to Coach Jason Blitzer for dealing with his starting QB being injured and doing the work he's done to keep Cleveland a contender, even without a GM helping them out and with an ownership team that's the equivalent of one of the worst things to ever happen to this league.

2. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the toughest thing to prepare for this week?

We've got Portland, who's another expansion team and who's tasted big time victory with their upset over the defending champions. They're well-rounded on all ends and that makes it tough to specify one particular thing to prepare against them but what I know we can do is just continue to prepare ourselves...to keep studying tape, to be sharp in practices and for this team to just keep playing more and more alongside one another, getting used to the guys next to them and to continue growing through whatever pains we experience throughout this season. Nobody likes losing and we definitely aim for victory this week and any week we go out into the field, but we also know we've got work to do on all ends in order to be a successful team for years to come.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 28, 2018, 10:08:33 AM »

That Cleveland offensive line is no joke, the way they opened holes all day long made life hard.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 28, 2018, 05:23:37 PM »
It's a versatile offense. Kudos to them, we'll be more prepared for it on round 2 when we see them again in a few weeks.

Portland on deck, however...and well, they have one more win than us as of right now. Not for long, if we can help it.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 30, 2018, 09:31:50 AM »

If we can manage even a bit of consistency on defense, I think we'll pose a challenge for them.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 30, 2018, 07:41:08 PM »
Agreed. Although itís only been the early portion of the season, mood in the locker room good or any concerns that come to mind? I know I havenít exactly visited with people much this season, but also figure the boys focusing on football was a bit more important than just calling up guys left and right for minor check-ins.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 02, 2018, 11:19:11 AM »

Overall everyone is hanging in there just fine.  We knew as an expansion team we would have our fair share of losing efforts, we just have to keep focused on learning from them.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 11:20:01 AM by Talon »

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 02, 2018, 11:38:32 AM »
Agreed. The more we learn, the better we will get. Just let them know Iíll be calling up a few of them to check in next week in this case, Coach. Till then, no changes to what we set-up last week with the extra hour of training continuing for the defense.

Lock in.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 12, 2018, 01:55:22 AM »

We got 'em. Portland made it tough on us, but we got things moving on offense and got our second victory of the season - something that goes well when heading into a bye week with the college showcase coming up. Happy with the way we moved the ball through the air and the ground, happy that our defense kept their heads on a swivel and kept Portland from scoring albeit we can still use some more improvements on our run defense and really, as an expansion franchise, you're learning from everything the league can throw at you...but I'm happy for the guys to get another W under them and experience the joy of winning.

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?

Well, the situation in Tulsa immediately comes to mind but a part of me can't help but wonder about whether Aaron Kitchen is letting the chip on his shoulder get in the way of his throwing accuracy. It's good that a young man like him is upset he wasn't taken higher and is using the motivation to propel himself - and hopefully for him, the rest of his team - to the next level...but there are times where letting your temper get the best of you isn't going to do anything but make you enemies in this league. Trust me, I know that one firsthand.

3. What do you make of the news of the newest GM's to join the league? What advice would you give them?

I'm happy to see some new blood come together. GM Eli being a Cleveland aficionado and bringing that passion to that Mustangs team might very well make him better equipped to be the face of that franchise compared to the egomaniac that writes his checks and GM Bennett strikes me as a guy with a good head on his shoulders that knows what challenges are ahead of him. As for any advice? Look, I'm not a winning GM at this particular moment nor a guy with championship rings but I'd just honestly say taking it one week at a time, not letting emotions sway them and if they can keep their noses clean, that'll mean longevity and that's a big thing here in the HIFL.

4. With the draft class being announced later this week, do you plan to target personalities, skill sets, or position groups at the college showcase?

We're definitely going to be looking at a good amount of defensive positions to look towards strengthening that side of the ball come next season. It's something many - ourselves included - believe that we direly need in the future and along with that, I am going to be looking at guys who have a bit of a competitive streak in them as well. With the growth of this franchise, we are going to be expected to compete down the line and I do want men who have that hunger in them to continue to strive for better with each week to accentuate the talent and competitive spirit we've got in our own roster here now.

5. What do you hope to gain most this week during the bye week, for yourself but also for your team?

More knowledge for the future that awaits us, some well-deserved rest after a very tough first six weeks of football and a means to look at what we've done during that time and how to improve that going forward. We've come in as a franchise by making a lot of noise and with a lot of energy, we look forward to delivering more of that and making Barons football that hot ticket that everyone wants to see with their own two eyes.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 12, 2018, 12:20:48 PM »
"Rumor has it that LaVar Jackson is going to attend the rookie showcase in hopes of encouraging you to add more "Big Ballers" to your club, what are your thoughts?"

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2018, 08:04:21 PM »
LaVar is getting his feet in the agent game, so that much doesn't surprise me one bit. Given how well Steven's been playing for us here and the potential he has, I'd say it's worth taking a look at all options that come our way.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 13, 2018, 11:52:25 AM »

Nice to get a win out there this week.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 13, 2018, 10:12:27 PM »
Absolutely. Good work out there altogether, Coach. I've already sent the assignments for the showcase to the scouting team, so I'm looking forward to see what comes out of it. That said, six weeks into the season, what are the things you've been seeing out there that you've liked or anything that you noticed we perhaps should be doing a bit more of on the offense's side of the ball?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 14, 2018, 12:15:20 PM »

I am wondering if we should slightly increase our run game to help open up the pass game more, and also possibly reducing Walker's snaps in the slot to give our receivers more opportunities as well.  Walker has a lot of catches, but also a lot of drops.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 15, 2018, 12:39:08 AM »
That's definitely an idea and I'd be OK with it being implemented. What ratio are we currently running on run/pass as of right now and what rate would you like to see us try our next game to get a feel for it?

As on Walker, I think it's fine to reduce those snaps from the slot for him. He'll grow with time but I've noticed his amount of drops as well and his hands aren't there just yet for that much. Who do you see out of our receivers as a better choice for the slot? Or do we do it by some sort of committee option?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 20, 2018, 09:45:35 AM »

Right now here are our ratios.
1st and 10 - 40% pass
1st and Short - 35% pass
1st and Long - 70% pass
2nd and Short - 45% pass
2nd and Long - 80% pass
3rd and Short - 55% pass
3rd and Long - 99% pass
4th and short - 50% pass
4th and long - 99% pass
Goal Line - 50/50
Leading w/ 2 mins - 50/50
Trailing w/ 2 mins - 99% pass

I Think we'll look at spiking an extra 15% run into most situations... and as far as the slot goes, I think Bello deserves first crack at the job since Isaacs is still out.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 23, 2018, 01:17:54 PM »
The 15% run spike is good with me, Coach. And yeah, giving Bello the shot at the slot while Isaacs is still healing up also works. Please feel free to use those changes accordingly through practices and onto our gameplan going forward, then let's see where it goes. I figure it might be the time to talk with some of the guys again here so they don't feel I'm ghosting them or something, Coach. Anything else on your mind before I let you get back to practice, Coach?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 24, 2018, 11:13:16 AM »

I'm good.. Going to go check out what all the fuss on Bleacher Report is about, apparently Twitter is "on fire" right now?  ...Anyways make sure you note those changes when you lock in.  Thanks boss.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 24, 2018, 06:17:51 PM »
Of course, of course. "On fire," they say...yeah, that sounds like Twitter. Thanks Coach...

GM STRIKE GUY SLYLY KEEPS HIS HANDS BEHIND HIS BACK AND SLIDES HIS PHONE INTO HIS BACK POCKET

On your way back, can you send in Steven Jackson to see me?

Hey Steven, a couple of games so far into the season and a few TD catches under your belt to go along with it. How have things been for you the past couple of weeks, outside of that injury scare during the St. Paul game?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 24, 2018, 07:21:34 PM »

It's been alright so far, I'd like more touches, but I'm making the most of what I get.

LAVAR: What he's sayin, is we need more plays that go for the Big Baller!  This spread-the-love nonsense ain't cuttin' it!

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2018, 08:33:41 PM »
We know teams are looking to cut him down but we're definitely on the track to do just that and then some going forward, LaVar. Steven's our primary receiver for a reason. Glad it's at least been OK so far, but we'll look to make it better as the season goes on and we keep things moving. Trust me on this one.

And of course, LaVar, I hope the agency's taking off for you - I know you mentioned you were starting to gather a clientele for the upcoming season and beyond.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2018, 08:48:56 PM »

They're lining up out the DOOR! You know how we do!

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2018, 08:55:27 PM »
Well, I'm excited for you man. Glad to hear it. I look forward to seeing that unfold once it's that time for next season. Thanks for stopping by though, you guys. I'll catch up with you later.

Carmine, can you send in Ben Pipkin to come see me, please?

Hey Ben, thanks for coming. How have things been with you so far into the year? How are the boys on defense - I know things have been a little rough but I can't say enough times that I appreciate the hard work you guys have put in so far.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 24, 2018, 09:09:57 PM »

Glad you appreciate the work boss, I know we aren't completely there yet, but I'm feeling good. Having one of my best seasons of my career and hopefully that helps the team win games.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 24, 2018, 10:39:08 PM »
I've noticed. A lot of tackles there put together in six games by you and I appreciate the grind. It's a process for us here at Year 1, but it just means the future is going to be bright. Thanks for checking in with me though, I'll let you back to practice. On your way back, could you send for Cleo Rickard to come see me?

Hey Cleo, how have you been? Listen, I just wanted to check in with you, see how the season's been going and to let you know after talking with coach that we're going to be looking to up the run ratio on most of our playtime situations and while we still have it by committee, with you being RB #1, you're definitely going to be seeing a few more touches coming your way. I just thought to give you the heads-up going into practice this week.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 25, 2018, 02:08:46 PM »

God's Plan baby.  I can handle the load.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 25, 2018, 11:58:06 PM »
Then get ready to see some action. Thanks for coming by, Cleo. Good luck out there.

Carmine, we'll go ahead and get ready for the week as our work in the scouting side is done:

To our game plan, we're doing the following on the run/pass ratio:

1st and 10 - 60/40
1st and Short - 65/35
1st and Long - 45/55
2nd and Short - 55/45
2nd and Long - 35/65
3rd and Short - 60/40
3rd and Long - 15/85
4th and short - 65/35
4th and long - 1/99
Goal Line - 65/35
Leading w/ 2 mins - 65/35
Trailing w/ 2 mins - 1/99

All other coaching strategies and line-up decisions are Coaches' Decisions.

LOCK IN

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 29, 2018, 12:20:38 AM »

Our run defense still needs work as it's been told for many weeks and we need to stop taking foolish penalties that can shoot us in the foot the way in which a couple of those with the unsportsmanlike helmet-to-helmet hit and holding calls, for example. But that said? We let our running game showcase itself some more and I think it really opened up our offense to put up the numbers that it did this week, especially with Steven Jackson's breakout game. That kid is a special talent and I, for one, am glad we've got him here in Milwaukee for the future as I fully do think he can break 1,000 yards in his rookie season at the pace he's going. Marshall's been getting more acclimated with the offense, our running attack was more versatile, our defense made some key stops that helped make this game against St. Louis an overtime affair to begin with and while there's still work to do...we got a really good glimpse at what to improve on and some of the things that this team can become with the time and the talent in place.

2. Talk about this weeks league news, what stood out most to you?

I think that LaVar did have a case for at least our league to consider at least offering the invitation to the other Jackson boys to be part of the showcase if they are under its qualifications. So I'm pleased that he's looking to run his own showcase with his boys and some of the other players I know he's been eyeing for his own agency down the line and as Steven is a Baron, I fully support him in that notion and figure that it doesn't hurt for more talent to be seen so that they can play football. But with that said, I'm kind of curious why suddenly everybody is jumping on the Sasser bandwagon that he bricked three kicks just to appease GM Jon and his "revenge" game against the Cobras. If I recall it correctly, going into this game against Seattle, he's only been a 92% guy from field goals who's better known for having a powerful leg and drilling a lot of long distance shots...but that isn't always going to be accurate and then you add in all the rain and wind going on, it didn't surprise me that some of those field goals would end up missed.

Also, knowing our opponents this week are trying to make a big splash for a marquee wide receiver spells out that they're serious about competing for the now...I just hope Long Beach gets their worth and then some, Hodge is one heckuva player.

3. How did you feel about the first annual HIFL/NCAA Showcase?  Do you feel like it was a beneficial addition to the league?

I thought it was definitely a beneficial and crucial step for the HIFL to present itself as an alternative to the current football status quo and what is to come in the future with the XFL and such coming into the fold next year. I would love to see it continue every year, as we've gotten some good intel moving forward.

4. What was your take on the amount of GM errors that occurred during the bye-week?

...Guys, let's be realistic. We all knew MathGate was coming. I just don't think a whole lot of us expected some of the people who did it this time around. But hey, it's not a concern to me as it isn't my team budget that's getting messed with in these circumstances. I hope to never be that person that's having to explain that kind of thing to you media guys and gals one day.

5. Do you plan on making any call ups this week before locking in?

At the moment, no. We only have one guy in our developmental system and Roger Toliver is going to continue his development in Green Bay this season. I'm excited to have him as a prospect, dude's a hard-working guy who wants a fair chance to crack the league one day and once he's ready, we in Milwaukee might just be the ones to give him that shot.

6. Talk about your game this upcoming week.

The last of the expansion teams in Charlotte...a damn good team, at that. They've been putting in some work thus far during this season and I have a feeling we're in for a rough one on both sides of the ball. But we did a lot of good things this past week that we can take into that game against the Crowns and with the right adjustments made, I believe we can put up a proper fight and if it all goes well, get our third win of the season.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 29, 2018, 10:05:51 AM »

Hey boss! Coach is down on the field with the team, I know he's headed up soon, but Mr. Jackson is here to see you.

Yo big dog!  Look Look!  I got a plan to do a showcase for my other 3 sons, dig?!  The Big Ballers are ready to show out and SHOW CASE, but I need you to come out and flip half the bill with me ya know?  Co-Sponsor this event and you get the primo access, plus I'll give you 50% of whatever we make off the other teams that show up to see my boys Big Ball out!  Let's do this my man!  LETS DO THIS!

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 29, 2018, 12:41:04 PM »
You actually beat me to the punch on that, LaVar. Weíve got a 1MM that we can throw down from our budget to help foot the bill and get the co-sponsor honors with the benefits we mentioned.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 30, 2018, 11:01:24 AM »

Perfect!  That's what I'm talkin' about!  I knew you were alright!  There it is, my man!  There. it. is!

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 30, 2018, 11:53:19 AM »
Your family made a commitment to this team, my man. I feel it's only fair that I can make a commitment of my own to make sure the Big Baller Brand and Barons football provide the world with the most exciting product out there. I'll go ahead and confirm the funds and I'm looking forward to the showcase, LaVar.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 01, 2018, 10:57:21 AM »

That's what I'm talkin' about big dog.  You a big baller and you know it!  Here, take this BBB Hat and Shoes, where that shit with pride my dude!  What week do you want to do the BBB Showcase?

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 01, 2018, 04:05:50 PM »
Timing wise, I say we can aim it for the bye week. With the All-Star Break, it'd be an opportunity to get all the names and faces in town that we need, set up the schematics and give everyone time to show off their stuff. But I'm OK with doing it earlier as well if you feel we need to strike when the iron is hot or something.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 01, 2018, 10:32:05 PM »

All-Star week is good man, gives us time to get everyone to pay up.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 01, 2018, 11:01:46 PM »
We'll get this done come All-Star week, then. LaVar, I appreciate you coming so we could get this set-up. Looking forward to it.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 01, 2018, 11:36:34 PM »
HE SHAKES HANDS AND LEAVES

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 01, 2018, 11:54:29 PM »
Carmine, if Coach Spuds is waiting, please let him know I'm ready to see him.

Hey Coach, sorry for the delay. Carmine mentioned you were still downstairs, LaVar Jackson paid a visit to talk his whole showcase he's setting up come All-Star Break and I got us access to it - regardless of however it runs, it should be an extra bit of knowledge on some guys for the next year. That said, gutted for you guys on this last game. Just had the fair share of penalties that cost us that chance to march down at the end and win it with a field goal. But that said, our running definitely looked better.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 02, 2018, 10:47:01 AM »

Agreed, I think the ratio change was solid.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 69
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 02, 2018, 08:16:40 PM »
I'm okay with integrating it into the long term gameplan if you are, Coach.

But onto current business, Charlotte looks they're aiming to make a big move on the receiver front - Sullivan has an arm, but I'm curious as to how their offense has been thus far on both ends, see if we can find something to pinpoint as a means of keeping them as contained as possible.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 02, 2018, 09:25:04 PM »

They're pretty balanced.  10th in rushing at 146.7 yards per game, 11th in passing at 247.7 yards per game.  They're 4th in points, and 20th in points allowed at 30.1 for both stats.  They're a picture of balance.  They give up 137 yards per game on the ground, 240 in the air, lining up almost identical with what they create.