Author Topic: TEAM: CHARLOTTE CROWNS  (Read 6935 times)

GM Cure

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: CHARLOTTE CROWNS
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2019, 06:47:10 PM »

"Oh thank God. Thank you for taking the time out for this meeting Mr. Shapiro.

I want - no, NEED your boy on the squad. And I'm willing to come up off however much needed to get there. I've already decided on the player I'm cutting to make the roster spot and will make that announcement before any signings that may or may not take place, but I wanna get a number we can agree on first and foremost.

Will 3yrs | $8MM work out for him?"

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner -- PBL S6 Premier Cup Winner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
  • S6 Premier Cup Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2019, 07:51:04 PM »

FUCK. YES.

GM Cure

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2019, 06:17:12 PM »

"Aiight, bet!

Roster spot has been made, all that needs to be done is to make it official."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2019, 09:13:45 PM »

Send it.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2019, 10:58:55 PM »
YOUR CONTRACT IS OFFICIALLY SIGNED BY YOUR SECRETARY, AND YOUR TEAM AUTO-LOCKS FOR WEEK 1

GM Cure

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2019, 03:02:51 AM »

"Before I begin, I'd like to take the moment to address a very serious matter. As I'm sure all of you are aware, that RAT BASTAR-"

GM Pendergrass quickly composes himself.

"-... My former 3rd round punter apparently has bought the team's mascot - He's still the mascot, with the team or not goddammit - and apparently has faxed the office a list of demands if I want Gregor back. Namely, the demand that I rehire him. Well, Mr. Nelms. I know you watchin'. I know you're listenin' wherever the fuck you are. So I want you to get real close to the tv so you can hear every-single-mutha-fuckin'-word I'm about to say.

Fuck. You.

Fuck you. Fuck your hopes. Fuck your dreams. Fuck ya mama. Fuck ya daddy. Fuck who you roll with. Fuck any and everybody that loves you. Fuck what you goin through and fuck what you stand for. How DARE your punkass have the temerity to try and blackmail your trash ass back onto the squad. You think you can do this to ME? You think you gon' try and get one over on ME? Nah, it doesn't work like that. We in Queen City, pimpin'. We don't negotiate with would-be kidnappers and jackers.

But what I WILL offer is something for other people since you thought you could try and get back on the team the shady way.

What I'm offering is double what I paid for to obtain Gregor to anyone OTHER than Mr. Nelms, out of my own pocket, to see Gregor found and returned safely to myself or to the league offices. And Mr. Nelms better pray that somebody doesn't find him before I do. Otherwise? I see him anywhere in Charlotte or Louisville, I'm parking my size 16EE Hypersweeps right between his lungs and colon.

GM Pendergrass hadn't shouted. He hadn't ranted and raved. Every word he spoke was calm, despite how furious he clearly is. He allowed his statement to marinate for a few moments, before continuing on.

1. Discuss your first game of the season. The good, the bad, the ugly.

"Simply put, we got blown back. There were flashes of what I see - what I preach about whenever I see this squad in action, but the Arctic Foxes managed to keep us contained and once they got on a roll, we couldn't catch up. The team took this hard because this was a chance to get in the jaw of a team in a new arena in front of all their fans, not just for bragging rights but to establish the tone for our season, and we came up short."

2. Talk about the news surrounding your team this week.

"...Fuck Nelms and everybody that loves 'em. Next Question."

3. Was there a pleasant or unpleasant surprise that you didn't expect from your team in the individual performance category?

"I'll... have to get back to y'all on that one. Not to say that I don't have shit from the game from a few guys that stood out. I had a bit that I liked and we went out swinging, but there's a lot of film I wanna look at with the team so we can see what we did right, what we did wrong, and how we're about to come up for the big payback next week.

4. Talk about your week 2 opponent and what you need to do to win this week.

"We have a highly motivated Miami squad coming onto our field this week and we're not looking to go down 0-2, especially with our first home game of the season. We're gonna need to keep the pressure on Offense, while making them scratch, fight and claw for every single point they're tryna put on the board on defense. We have a few adjustments we need to make, but I see us being able to outgun them and scrape out a hard-fought win."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2019, 08:05:38 AM »

...well that was... Colorful?

GM Cure

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2019, 09:20:00 PM »

"...Yeah, not my finest hour. But I'm not copping any pleas for it.

What are we looking at this week, coach? How's Hallquist's wrist?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2019, 09:49:53 PM »

He's back to 100% so he should be a full go.

GM Cure

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2019, 11:11:00 PM »

"Aight, bet. How do we rebound this week? What's the game plan?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2019, 11:21:41 PM »

We're going to blitz the hell out of Sullivan, make him prove he can still scramble in the pocket, and then we're going to work against the soft spots in their zone for the pass game.

GM Cure

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2019, 03:38:16 PM »

"Any changes in the lineups you feel we should make or players we should keep an eye out for?"

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2019, 06:29:28 PM »

Not really. Its the second week, we just trust our strategy and go.

GM Cure

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2019, 07:14:58 PM »

"Bet. We'll run with the starters for most of the game. Let's lock-in for the week and make this week a step in the right direction."

LOCK IN

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2019, 03:10:45 PM »
THE PRESS MOVE ON.

I know you're busy, but are you too busy to make this happen?

GM Cure

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2019, 04:51:47 PM »

"Was honestly waiting til the press left to watch replays of that fight. I always thought Football players didn't have hands, but cotDAMN they were throwing out there!

*Ahem*

...So, what do you think we should do to try and improve on things? We're not BAD on offense, but we keep getting beat on defense and getting blown back by almost 20 isn't a good look."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2019, 04:55:42 PM »

Neither is skipping the press conference to watch youtube clips of a bunch of idiots fighting on sacred ground, but yeah, the defense is getting roughed up which is pissing me off. 

We're weak at corner and DE, the corners are all young up and comers outside of Neal, but they aren't ready, and our DE's are soft after we got rid of Coffey and Lilley.  Those are the big issues.

GM Cure

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2019, 05:44:19 PM »

GM PENDERGRASS GIVES A SMALL SHRUG AND A GRIN

"They were calling for me to be fined over a few words. At least they didn't have to put up with my mouth this week."

THE GRIN IS GONE AS QUICKLY AS IT COMES AS HE SIGHS

"Yeah, I'll try to figure out something to get us right at both spots. Shit, I've got an entire team's worth of RBs. Maybe somebody needs to up their run game and might need a hand..."

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2019, 07:15:51 PM »

We have a lot of attractive pieces, its never fun to lose talent, but sometimes its needed to bring in other talent and support your weaknesses. 

The alternative is to keep taking it on the chin and try to bust ass to develop these guys.

GM Cure

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2019, 09:45:59 PM »

“We’ll figure shit out. If it comes down to it, I got a few offers lined up and waiting. But let’s see why we can get out of them this week before we make any final decisions and shit.”

Lock In

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2019, 02:26:18 PM »
THE PRESS LEAVE AFTER WAITING FOR WHAT FEELS LIKE 72+ HOURS

GM Cure

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2019, 08:23:39 PM »

GM PENDERGRASS KNOWS DAMN WELL THAT AGGRAVATING THE MEDIA LIKE THIS WILL HAVE CONSEQUENCES AS HE FINALLY LOOKS UP FROM HIS PHONE TO SEE THEM HAVING LEFT...

BUT HE’S CLEARLY ENJOYING THE BEEF A BIT TOO MUCH AS HE TURNS TOWARDS THE COACHES.

“Alright... we got blown back My a larger margin. I was HOPING That the first two weeks of play would light a fire up under somebody’s ass to get something done out there on the field... but we clearly gotta make a few moves to avoid this happening again.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2019, 07:56:37 PM »

Yeah, we're all pretty low in the morale department.  Overall feeling is a lack of direction.  We need you to get everyone rallied and on track.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2019, 03:12:44 PM »

...or not, I'll just see myself out.

GM Cure

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2019, 08:02:49 AM »

GM PENDERGRASS, WHO HAD ZONED OUT QUITE A BIT AS HE TRIES TO FIGURE OUT EXACTLY WHAT NEEDS TO BE SAID IN ORDER TO KEEP THE LOCKER ROOM STEADY, SNAPS OUT OF IT AND LOOKS A BIT SHEEPISH.

"My bad about that. It's just... what do you say to a group of Guys you gave the utmost confidence to earlier in the season after getting blown back three weeks in a row, with the scoreboard being run-up in a flagrantly foul manner each time to boot?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2019, 08:12:17 PM »

If I had that answer they'd be paying me to the be the GM instead of just the head coach, man.

GM Cure

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2019, 07:56:35 PM »

"Nah, I like my paycheck too much for that. I'll try and see if we can get their heads right this week, and if not... well, shit. I got a few calls to make.

Dany! Can you send in... well, everybody...?

"Look, I've admittedly not been the best GM I could be... I'll admit that. I've made a lot of questionable moves, prioritized fuckery and attention over results at times and a list of other things that have probably fucked with morale. But I still believe every word of what I said in my initial presser. I still believe y'all can make noise. Do we have a lot of work to do and issues to work out? Yeah, but shit it was never gonna be easy from jump. These last few weeks have been hard, but I still believe we can pull it off.

I wanna put in the work with y'all. Whatever y'all need from me as a GM or as a member of this organization to help the team out on the field, let me know and I'll do my damnedest to make that shit happen.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2019, 09:37:24 PM »
THE TEAM COLLECTIVELY NODS, HAPPY TO SEE THAT YOU ARE MORE THAN JUST A FACE ON THE TV DURING PRESS CONFERENCES

GM Cure

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2019, 10:16:03 PM »

“We’ll figure this shit out as a unit, or go out gunning and say we tried. I promise we’ll work this shit out.”

Lock In

GM Kirk

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2019, 09:07:38 PM »
SEASON 12 - WEEK 4

WHAT BROUGHT YOU BACK TO THE HIFL?

Firstly, it's great to be back. I'd like to thank Tom for giving me the opportunity to take over such a talented roster and a chance to restore my reputation yet again when I take it to the playoffs. As for your question, this league gets under your skin and into your blood. There's no escaping and I think you'll find some of the players who have gone over to the XFL will agree with that statement and make a return in a year or two as well. Don't get me wrong, the XFL... and NY, specifically... is an exciting project and a lot of fun, but this is where you need to be if you're looking to prove yourself against the very best. I've tried being a pundit over the last few weeks and all that's done is leave me chomping at the bit to get back in the game. Particularly here with the Crowns, as people on Twitter might have noticed. This team has talent right through the roster, but too much of it has been left in the stands or on the bench instead of on the field. I know GM Tom tried to put a good team together, but he hasn't been able to focus enough attention on what he's doing here, for whatever reason, and that leaves me with an easy enough job to start with. You just need to look at the $24million worth of free agent signings that aren't even dressed for gameday to see that. The Crowns are a playoff team with the handbrake on, so I'm hear to set that right.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2019, 11:06:37 AM »
"Do you see Coach Vic LeBlanc as the long term answer here in Charlotte, or do you have a vision to go away from his 3-4 defensive philosophy and pursue something else, or maybe an offensive minded head coach?"

GM Kirk

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2019, 07:01:53 PM »
I won't know that until I've spoken with him. So far, Coach LeBlanc has been working with his arms tied behind his back, but I think a 3-4 is the right system for this roster, with a few adjustments to how it's run. I think you'll see a defence you can recognize as a GM Kirk team pretty quickly and, from what I hear, Coach LeBlanc is the right guy to implement it. Long term? We'll see how this season goes first.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2019, 05:58:10 PM »
"Your teams starting quarterback is the nephew of your most bitter HIFL rival, GM Jon.   Do you see yourself having issue with Ryan Halquist as this teams starting and Franchise quarterback?"

GM Kirk

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2019, 07:01:05 PM »
Is that a serious question? I only care about whether he can lead this team and win games. He's looked promising so far.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2019, 07:51:44 PM »
"Do you find yourself needing to extend an olive branch to any particular teams, GMs, or groups after your exit, or do you feel that this is a clean slate regardless?"

GM Kirk

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2019, 08:11:17 PM »
No. Why would I do that? I'm here to win, not worry about other people's feelings.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2019, 09:19:02 PM »
"Last question!  What lessons have you learned in New Jersey, Tucson, and even New York that will make you a better GM here in Charlotte?"

GM Kirk

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2019, 09:39:46 PM »
In NJ I learnt that no good deed goes unpunished. In Tucson I learnt not to persist with things that don't work, whether that's staff, players of systems. In NY I learnt that money talks. Considering the considerable success I've had as a GM, I'm not sure there's much scope for being better and the league will be in for a Charlotte dynasty if I have improved.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2019, 10:12:57 PM »

GM Kirk, welcome to Queen's Landing.   ...I expect you to deliver, so I won't waste your time. 

May the gods be with you.

GM Kirk

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2019, 10:47:21 PM »
Your last guy left quite a mess, but I should hopefully get it in order before too long. Thanks for giving me the chance.
---
Ms. Mormont, it's nice to meet you. I'd love to chat, but I think I'd better get straight to work. Can you send in Coach LeBlanc, please?
---
Coach, this team is a mess but I know it's not your doing. I think the first step is getting the best players on the field and that means seeing Corbett and Kroos suiting up and some guys climbing up off the bench. I'll give you a new depth chart to work from before we lock in the lineup for the game. As for strategy, I am aware that you run a 3-4 but looking over the game footage you run it differently to how I've been setting it up in NJ and Tucson. There's a lot to go through, so we'll go through each part in turn. Firstly, let's talk about the line. I'd like to see our monster DTs lined up and pushing offenses back onto their QBs like a tidal wave. Richard Johnson's done pretty well, but I'd prefer to see Ah Sam at NT with Barclay and Mock/Carter next to him. Johnson and Diamond can rotate in to keep everyone fresh and play backup there and at OLB. Do you have any objections to that? When we're not in the 3-4, is there a particular reason why you would use Dupre ahead of Diamond?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2019, 10:52:42 PM »

Dupre was stronger, so I used him on the ground to help in the run support, but Diamond is faster and more likely to help as a rotation guy and on the OLB rotation. 

GM Kirk

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2019, 11:18:06 PM »
Alright, that makes sense. He did fine on the line, so we can always switch back to him if we don't see improvement from the new setup. Now, let's talk LBs. I'm not overly familiar with the guys we've got, so I'd like to hear about their strengths and how you'd like to line them up. My first instinct is to have de la Cruz and Kroos at ILB and Zapata with Woodard on the outside. But, like I said, that's just gut instinct and I'm not firm on that, particularly seeing Tui Lotulelei keeping pace with the others so far. I think too much money was spent on Kroos and he's had too much experience on winning teams to not have him on the field, though.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2019, 07:45:48 AM »

Lets do it this way.

Strength order - Kevin DLC, Kroos, Story, Woodard, Zapata, Painter, Lotulelei.

Agility - Lotulelei, Woodard, Kroos, DLC, Zapata, Painter, Story.

Speed - Zapata, Lotulelei, Kroos, DLC, Woodard, Painter, Story.

IQ - Zapata, DLC, Kroos, Painter, Woodard, Lotulelei, Story.

Tackling - Zapata, Woodard, DLC, Kroos, Lotulelei, Story, Painter

Hands - Kroos, DLC, Painter, Story, Zapata, Lotulelei, Woodard.

Overall I "grade" Kroos, DLC, and Zapata the same with Woodard behind them and then Lotulelei, but all 5 are quality pieces.   Your instincts sound good too me as well, but like you I like Lotulelei's production so far as well.  I think we look at playing a more balanced playing time that lets the back ups get more time in, because we have good depth.

GM Kirk

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2019, 08:28:30 AM »
I'm happy enough with that for the front 7, but I wouldn't want to see backups playing on the o-line or secondary. If I set a balanced playing time overall, can you pick and choose the positions to implement it, or do we have to shuffle them round in different formations?

GM Kirk

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2019, 08:20:09 PM »
And while we're on the topic of our secondary, I'm at a bit of a loss about what to do there. We don't seem to have a single player who's good in coverage. Just a whole load of nickle corners and aggressive safeties. The only setup that I can see is Neal as CB1, Hines CB2 and Lipscomb CB3. I've been on the phone to everyone with a decent CB to spare but, unless we sell our soul to Vegas, there doesn't seem to be a deal to be made, so we have to make do with what we've got.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2019, 10:15:53 AM »

To only let certain guys swap, we have to do it in packages and not by going "balanced" playing time, but I don't mind doing that.  I'm a smart defensive guy, I like making different sets and attacking with them at the right times.

As for the corners, you're wrong.  I think we've just been misusing our talent.  Neal still has CB1 talent at his age and Hines is a future superstar who is poised to break out.  They are our undisputed CB1/2 combo.  Now Frost is a solid tackler as a nickle back, while Stevens is our better coverage man, but he has a history of being a poor tackler which shows with double digit missed tackles for a few years in a row. 

We could push Lipscomb to the nickle but he has no corner-skills so it could be a disaster. Lipscomb was a weird addition for us because we don't need a talent like his unless we want to move on from the Samoan Dynasty we have in the secondary.

Last year I set up packages using Robert Dotson at linebacker and letting Tatami play SS which gave us a ton of speed and also gave us coverage skills when we did mix up the blitzing with Dotson being able to drop into coverage.  He's 6'5 235 lbs, so he's a hybrid guy who can play anywhere on the field.

GM Kirk

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2019, 08:19:51 PM »
That all sounds great to me and I was going off of the stats I have to hand when I made my judgement. There is some interest in Lipscomb, so I'll probably trade him if I can get something useful in return. There are a couple of guys in FA who I've had on my teams before and would trust to play backup at FS. I'm happy to give you a free hand with defensive packages as I think we have a pretty versatile and deep roster. I look forward to seeing what you put together and I'm sure we'll get better results on defence than we have up to this point. I think that covers everything on defence. As you said, I think we mostly have the right talent but it's been misused, so I'll let you get to work putting that right.
---
Ms. Mormont, I'd like to speak to Mike Maker.
---
Mike, I've no idea how it's happened but I see Kenneth Harrell is still a free agent. He was a fantastic partner to Provost last season and I'd like to see him partnering Corbett here. 2 years, $4MM seem about right to you?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2019, 10:24:17 PM »
DEAL

GM Kirk

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2019, 11:46:36 PM »
I'll get paperwork sorted as soon as I've freed up the space for him on the roster.
---
Ms. Mormont, I need to speak to Eli Harris.
---
Eli, I'm going to cut Elijah Hood but I'll pay out his full salary for the year. He's 6th choice RB and I'm brining in another to challenge for the #1 spot, which pushes him down to 7th. I don't need 7 RBs and unfortunately he's the most expendable. I wish him the best of luck.
---
Ms. Mormont, I'd like to speak to Coach Johnson.
---
Coach, I have mostly been a run first GM and even though I have moved more towards a balanced approach in recent years, I firmly believe that a rookie QB requires a strong run game to support them. I like some of what I've seen from Johnson, but I want him as the 3rd head of a running beast with Corbett and the recently aquired Harrell as the other two. I'm guessing from Johnson's success as a return man that he's a fast chap, so I see him hitting the edge after Harrell pounds the centre and Corbett does whatever it is he's good at... I don't actually know much about him considering how little Vegas used him. I'm thinking of a 60:40 or maybe 55:45 run/pass ratio. Is that something you can work with?

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50086
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2019, 10:17:51 AM »

Sure I can work with that.  So we're looking to trade Sumner and Nelson I'd assume? Since we don't really have plans for them?