Author Topic: THE FUTURE OF LIVE SIMS  (Read 195 times)

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
THE FUTURE OF LIVE SIMS
« on: March 28, 2018, 01:10:20 PM »
After some concerns were voiced this week, I want you all to discuss and hash out any problems you have with us continuing to do live sims in the discord server.

Only rules here: KEEP IT CIVIL.  No need to get ugly, name calling, or any of that stuff.

Voice your concerns, or talk about the pros/positives.

The only way live-sims continue to be a regular occurrence going forward is if everyone is in agreement, because I WILL NOT tolerate anyone complaining about results/fairness going forward based on live simming games. We either agree to do them or you guys decide not to. 

This addition has been added to add to the overall immersion of the league bringing it to life even more than your team threads and news do.  So if you want to continue, then agree that it can continue, if not, it ends here save for things like playoff games and the Impact Bowl, where I have done it for several seasons now, anyways.

Last note here: this isn't a situation where I am asking you all to make rules, because it is not fun for me having to mod a game and do things a way I do not want to do them.  You can all agree to handle things a certain way on your end, but I am not looking for restrictions to be placed on how I run my game.  As asshole as that may sound, it's just me being real with everyone. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 01:12:39 PM by Talon »
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Adam Wrong

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
Re: THE FUTURE OF LIVE SIMS
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 01:16:18 PM »
I love the Sims.

I read through them as though I'm a fan and wait for the results. There's no bias from what I can see and can't really see how it could be construed as such.

I'd prefer if they were a thing. Maybe a couple of games a week on rotation to make sure everybody gets a game shown now and again.

I find it encourages me to lock in earlier.

GM Pancho

• IMPACT BOWL V CHAMPION!
  • The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 01:18:55 PM »
I also say the sims continue. I believe the beef was with some people being online at the same time and being able to make a decision.

But to me thatís no different than the people who fill out the depth chart for each formation and those who say coaches decision. Itís not an advantage itís just a chance to interact with the game at a deeper level.

GM Gravedigger

• The First Triple Crown Champion
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 213
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 01:23:05 PM »
I personally agree with the temporary (hopefully) shutdown. Were the comments made last night big? No, but it's better to shut it down before it becomes big and hurts the overall experience for Talon as the mod and us as GMs.

I have enjoyed being able to watch a play by play of not only my games, but others as well, so I want to see the practice continue. The idea, even just a hint of an idea, that Talon would show favoritism in simming games is ridiculous and highly insulting to him, a guy that's running a tremendous game for all of us to enjoy on a daily basis. Yes, there were a few GM decisions to go for fourth downs, but it wasn't over the top or preferential in any way. It just happened that said GMs were online during their game sims and had the opportunity to decide to go for a fourth down. It's not a big deal in any way, and the notion that it could potentially blow up a great new aspect of the game is disappointing....

As far as I'm concerned, the decision is easy. We agree to not complain about results (which as adults should be the norm anyway) and we hope Talon decides to continue with the live sims. It's a great part of the game. Let's not screw it up...

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion
x1 CRW Prime Time Champion

GM Adam Wrong

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 01:23:51 PM »
Oh and if anyone is at a major disadvantage of this it'll be myself and the other Brits who play.

I don't care as long as it's up and available for 48 hours to watch

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 01:26:48 PM »
The plan going forward is to not delete the games until the next week of games starts simming. That was an oversight on my end to delete them the next day as is.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Gooch

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 85
  • Never wanted the fame, I only wanted to be great
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 01:32:46 PM »
I am for continuing it because it adds more depth to a rich game. I agree about the incentive to lock in in a timely manner.

I would like to add if you are "watching a game" talk about that game and not use that thread for the purposes of the general thread. It can get confusing/distracting when guys are talking about other things when the focus should be on Talon posting and simple comments about that. That's my opinion.
GM Kirk [12|Mar 04:19 PM]: Gooch, how much did you bribe the HIFLPA to help you steal all my players?
GM TJ [12|Mar 04:21 PM]: Lolololololololooooooooooollllllllllll
Disgraced GM Powers [12|Mar 04:24 PM]: The league is #TeamGooch
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:25 PM]: It's because he's so nice....
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:25 PM]: Unnaturally nice...
GM Adam Wrong [12|Mar 04:25 PM]: I love gooch
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:26 PM]: Everyone loves Gooch, except Kirk...
GM Phoenix [12|Mar 04:28 PM]: Almost makes you think gooch is reincarnate red skull trying to live a double nice guy life on hifl
GM Gravedigger [12|Mar 04:31 PM]: Gooch's heel turn will rival Hogan....

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
  • GM of the Eastern Conference Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 01:42:30 PM »
I voted for them to continue. The initial issue that I had is nowhere near big enough to cancel everything outright.

I would like to mention something that I've seen mentioned a few times, most recently here by Digger....

I have enjoyed being able to watch a play by play of not only my games, but others as well, so I want to see the practice continue. The idea, even just a hint of an idea, that Talon would show favoritism in simming games is ridiculous and highly insulting to him, a guy that's running a tremendous game for all of us to enjoy on a daily basis. Yes, there were a few GM decisions to go for fourth downs, but it wasn't over the top or preferential in any way. It just happened that said GMs were online during their game sims and had the opportunity to decide to go for a fourth down. It's not a big deal in any way, and the notion that it could potentially blow up a great new aspect of the game is disappointing....

That is not, and has never been the issue. Unless someone else has said something that I'm not aware of, I don't know how or why my comments were misconstrued in this way. Talon is absolutely fair, and I would never suggest otherwise.

GM Garcia

• THE NPC KILLER
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 517
  • PANCHO ABANDONED ME IN A DERELICT COAL MINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 01:48:53 PM »
I am in favour of it continuing, I enjoy the extra depth you get from it. Glad it got moved to channels on the discord, which made it easier for me to read back on.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 01:54:12 PM »
Keep it live, I have fun watching or reading games, it actually gives me more insight into player stats.

first and foremost Talon wouldn't make a decision that wasn't smart.

I think we all have to remember, a server isn't running these games an actual human who gives a lot of his time and effort to create the best possible experience is. Let us remember his motivation to run this has to do with his enjoyment.

Another note, a part of why CRW closed down was due to the fact that it stopped being fun for Talon to run because of the constant complaining, bickering and questioning. Once you are not allowed to have fun why keep going.

Something else to think about, the GM's in HIFL have pac mentality, when someone does something or says something off or that might be different or questionable; for the most part a good number of folks tend to harp and rag on that person rather it be for fun or to bust balls. I believe it's all in good nature but at times can be a bit much. Powers making a statement I believe gave everyone who is bored who already locked in an opportunity to be on the chat. We must be able to express our opinions in any format without it turning into something else.

With that said I apologize to powers for getting in on the peanut gallery non sense. Let's have fun fellas. I love doing HIFL.

GM Gravedigger

• The First Triple Crown Champion
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 213
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2018, 01:56:57 PM »
I wasn't directing that comment specifically at you, Mike. The idea that there could be favoritism was floated out there somewhere (here or on discord, not sure where), and I'm merely responding. I have no idea who may have said it, so I'm not specifically targeting you and saying it was your comment.

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion
x1 CRW Prime Time Champion

GM Gates

• Impact Bowl 8 & 9 Champion
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
  • 2x Impact Bowl Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2018, 02:06:03 PM »
I voted for them to continue. I enjoyed them. The interaction during were great and it helped understand a bit more about teams and where they were strong or weak.

As far as making choices, thereís a 50/50 shot they work. Making a choice could just as easily sink the team as help them. And as Talon said if one GM is there to do so, he does so for the other team. Sounds fair to me.

And besides they were good mid day reads at work lol

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 17
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2018, 02:41:54 PM »
Keep it going.

GM Black Death

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
  • The Big Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2018, 03:16:27 PM »
keep going

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
  • GM of the Eastern Conference Champions
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2018, 03:36:11 PM »
I wasn't directing that comment specifically at you, Mike. The idea that there could be favoritism was floated out there somewhere (here or on discord, not sure where), and I'm merely responding. I have no idea who may have said it, so I'm not specifically targeting you and saying it was your comment.

Fair enough, although I can't imagine who would say something so crazy. I can only hope copious amounts of alcohol were involved with whoever said that.

GM Dazz

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 03:48:24 PM »
I had my game live simmed while I was at the office so I couldn't make it. Gooch got to make a few choices and I had no problem with it. Our coaches have always got on with that before so why worry about it now? As was said earlier, making those choices is no more of an advantage than specifying ratios for each situation. The additional immersion is a great addition to the game. I'm all for it.

GM Jon

• IMPACT BOWL VI AND VII CHAMPION!
  • Prediction Admin
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1335
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 04:11:50 PM »
Iím all for the continuing of the love sims.

No rules needed.

Like I said before, itís an awesome expansion in this reality we play in.

GM Metroll

• EAT, SLEEP, TRAPE, REPEAT
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 787
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 06:06:23 PM »
Iím all for the continuing of the love sims.

No rules needed.

Like I said before, itís an awesome expansion in this reality we play in.

Live sims Iím good with ... love sims not so much. I thought you moved past that blanket boi!

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1023
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 06:51:41 PM »
I'm all for it, but I'd like to see the games kept up longer (as Talon already said he would) and I'd like to see coaches reacting if a GM makes a call during the game. I think that would pull the sims more into the real game and adds even more immersion. Also, fake punts.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2018, 06:57:31 PM »
I gotta get on the discord and get into this, if its a issue maybe the primetime games or something could be a downsize or something but either way it's more immersive for the sim.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2018, 07:32:16 PM »
Live sims Iím good with ... love sims not so much. I thought you moved past that blanket boi!

Dammit Metro. lol

...Also, yes, continue.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2018, 07:45:36 PM »
Keep it going

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1023
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2018, 01:26:30 AM »
LetĎs get back to it. Starting with NJ kicking Milwaukee's ass.

GM Strike Guy

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 66
  • Milwaukee Barons GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2018, 07:53:06 PM »
LetĎs get back to it. Starting with NJ kicking Milwaukee's ass.

COME CATCH THESE HANDS, SON!

Probably.

Maybe.