Author Topic: TEAM: BROOKLYN PUNISHERS  (Read 3580 times)

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: BROOKLYN PUNISHERS
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2019, 08:50:14 PM »

Discuss the latest series. Did anything surprise you?

That's two series wins in a row for Brooklyn. A series road win is always good to build on. We went into Mexico against, what was it they said, the leagues two best pitchers and walked out with a series win. So you ask if I was surprised, yeah, surprised we didn't sweep them. Other than that, I'm glad coach Mewes beat his old team and let them see what they had all along and ignored. Hey Mexico, thanks, we are happy to have him.

Talk about at least one piece of news. 
Well let me just say If I was Bill Moore I would be fighting also, fighting to get out of Mexico. Besides that, oh yeah-, let me ask you guys something which group of you gives out these monthly awards, Honestly!..How the hell do you not recognize what Esco has done. Listen, nothing against Alcala, the guy put up some big numbers, but not more that Esco. The man has 7 HR's and 16 RBI's batting .365, a damn shame I tell you. Listen, never mind how you feel about me, don't jip my guys.

Which player on another team has impressed you the most?
None more than my own guy right here in Brooklyn, Ted Esco, I not impressed with anyone more than I am impressed with him.

Talk about your opponent this week. Which player will be the key to win the series?
Chicago is coming in, nice to see a team with less wins than us. (Laughs to himself) seriously, they have trouble on the road and they are coming into Brooklyn, the fans are starting to pay attention. They see we don't take any shit from anyone. Brooklyn is not to be taken lightly. That game against Virginia woke us up and let these guys know we can play beat any team if we start coming together. Coach Mewes has these boys rocking, so if there isn't any more question I'm gonna get rollin.

GM Jon

• IMPACT BOWL VI AND VII CHAMPION!
  • Prediction Admin / PBL Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2019, 09:07:09 PM »
"Do you feel the cockiness you carry on with is a bad reflection of this team and your organization?"

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2019, 11:08:30 PM »
This is Brooklyn baby! This right here is all about attitude. It's about how you carry yourself on and off the field. It ain't for everyone. I watched my father for years try to play both sides and no matter what he did he could never get it right in someones eyes. I remember all the times he would call me with a sound in his voice like we wanted to quit. With every move he made he always tried to placate and was always misunderstood. He wasn't who he should have been. Coming from his background in professional wrestling he always had to play a character and he could never let it go. Never knew when he had to be a heel or face. I take his career as a lesson. There was a reason I wanted Brooklyn. Here, this is New York. Keep it real or keep it moving. I will not be misquoted because I say what I feel so I hope you feel what I say. So to answer your question I think I'm the perfect guy, with the perfect attitude and demeanor for this team. You say "cockiness" I say "confidence". You say "bad reflection of this team and organization" I say "Model of this team and organization". I can't worry about what anyone outside my organization thinks of me. I am straight up and down like six O'clock. I'm all business. You mess with my team you mess with me. It's a culture that is starting to resonate through this team as you see on the field. We got each others back. So you guys ask the questions, I answer them and What ever reflection is being created is coming from the brain-trust in front me.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2019, 11:38:45 PM »

That was a satisfying series win for me personally, to beat my mentor. We are playing good baseball right now.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2019, 06:14:58 AM »
Coach, with all the bullshit that was written about us at the start I credit you and the staff for making sure these guys stayed focus, believe in themselves and have each others back. We are playing good right now because of your leadership out there. I see how they are responding and I think we about to make some serious noise.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2019, 09:59:27 AM »

Beating two very good teams in the Tide and Toritos, I think the world can hear us now. Weíre coming.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2019, 09:13:01 AM »
Let's keep it rolling. I'll get back with you coach

---

Ms. Michaels can I speak to Mr. Esco

---

Mr. Esco, you have been having a hell of a stretch. You seem to be in rhythm and it's propelling us to some important wins. Despite the media taking their dislike for me out on our team I want us to put that chip on our shoulder and force them to recognize us.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2019, 08:27:41 PM »

I'm just doing my thing and proving each and every day that I'm the best player in the game. The awards will come, I'm not worried about being shafted for a month award or a weekly award.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2019, 09:19:32 PM »
THat's what I like to hear. We don't need anything from them. We make our own way. I look forward to see you wreck these boys that we are about to play. I'll let you get back to BP

---

Ms. Michaela can you get me coach Mewes please.

----

Coach, the way we are playing we have a chance to sweep these boys. I want us to keep our foot on their throats and press down if it even looks like they are getting air.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2019, 09:22:39 PM »

So be super aggressive?

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2019, 09:34:58 PM »
Stay the course, it's been working for us, I just want us to keep finishing strong and not give them an inch.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2019, 09:41:32 PM »

Ok.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2019, 10:44:57 PM »
Coach I know we are building momentum and I don't want to screw with shit, so tell me, is there anything you would like to tweak.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2019, 11:32:41 PM »

I think we have things set pretty good right now.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2019, 01:06:34 AM »
Great, then let the ass kicking commence.

LOCK IN

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2019, 12:58:53 PM »

You call that a proper lock in?

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2019, 12:38:24 PM »
Managers decision

Lock in

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2019, 10:54:39 PM »
Discuss the latest series. What was one thing you loved and one thing you hated?
Well there wasn't much I loved. We got beat by a team inferior to us. We came off some big wins in the prior weeks and I think we might have taken Chicago for granted. We have to do a better job of staying and playing up to all competition. We are in no position to decide who we can play up or down to. We need to play everyone with all we got. So it's no surprise when I say I hated losing the series to Chicago. We underestimated them because I don't think Chicago had what it took to beat us but we allowed them the opportunity and they won the series because of it. Listen i love this team, I love the coaches and I love the fans but as a team we aren't quiet where we want to be so we can't lay back on anyone, we can't afford to play that way.

Well I am shocked that GM Bone is already giving up on his season. I promise the Brooklyn fans I will never waive the white flag so if Bone wants to trade away opportunity, Brooklyn is in the market for opportunity.  To many guys talk about trading solid to great players for the future, but who can tell what the future holds. Most draft picks take time to develop so how far in the future are we speaking. Listen, he can have all my potential future for some of that present he's offering. (looks into the camera) GM Bone hit me up

With all-star voting underway, what is one name that surprises you towards the top and what is one name you feel is not getting enough love?
I'll always go to bat for my boys so the fact that Esco ain't the top vote getter tells me that Brooklyn has to come out and represent. He's already starting but let's get our boy max votes and while you are at it, throw some towards Jamie, Lamonica and Silvers, let's show all our boys on the ballot mad love.

Talk about your opponent this week. What player on the opposing team do you have to worry about the most?
First off let me say I'm excited to get to Tokyo. I love that city, can't wait to hit Kabukicho area of Shinjuku. Normally I would hate 16 hour flights. But Japan is a different beast all to itself so i look forward to the stay. As far as baseball goes, we are playing a pretty tough 10-5 team that seems to a bit of everything. With that said I don't give a damn about any of what I just said because Brooklyn has already proven we can hang with the best of them. Hopefully we get enough time to recover from the jet lag so we can play some serious ball. We aren't going over there expecting the fans to sit respectfully as they golf clap for every bloop single. I expect by the time we leave they will be calling for us to commit harakiri to ourselves. We aren't going over there to bow and sign autographs, we are going over there to knock down buildings and have them all running screaming.........Punishers, ...I bet you thought I was gonna say Godzilla didn't you.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 10, 2019, 12:44:15 PM »
ďDo you plan on appealing the handed down suspensions?Ē

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2019, 08:23:02 PM »
Absolutely, first off, if you were gonna suspend us you had to do it last week while we were still here playing a team like Mafia, don''t wait until the team has to board a 16 hour flight to drop the hammer. I was't going to bring it up because I already planned to appeal this. To me it's a bunch of stuffy suits trying to send a early message but this is baseball. Since the first pitch ever thrown baseball has always policed itself. You talk trash, you flip bats you get brushed back. You give long stares and take your time around the bases you get plunked in the ass or back. This is the unwritten rule, we all know it but hardly speak about it. Let's not forget this seems pretty harsh considering the instigator in all this, Johnny "Can't handle a Baseball off his backside" wasn't even given a fine. How does that look. What message are we sending. Flip bats, long stares, slow walk the homeruns and show up the other team, is that O.K.? So yes I will appeal. Johnny "Bat Flip, Baby Cry" ain't getting fined I want all penalties dropped and both teams issued warnings at most.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2019, 10:30:20 PM »
Ms. Michaels can you get me the league office on the line please

---

PBL Commissioner Jay Quist, good day sir.

Mr. Quist you probably already know why I am making this call. I am appealing the suspensions of our players and coach for their part in the scrum that took place against Virginia Beach. As you know baseball has always been a sport that has policed itself. With that said, from the start of the first game there were no warnings issued and the league offices or anyone from your very own office did not release any statements. My guess was that this type of heat was drumming up some early season attention to create a rival. As you know sports need rivals to survive and draw in the fans. Being from Brooklyn I already know the league wants to paint us as the thugs, the hoodlums of the league and if that's the case do what you will with it. All press is good press. So to my point, not only were their no warnings issued through the series by the umps but when it finally got out a hand everyone stepped in with an opinion. it was no longer cool to have a rival or to have two teams going at it. Now it was a black eye. Bunch of Brooklyn thugs kicking dirt on the pretty boys of the league over in Virginia. If warnings were issued and we still got out of hand then I would accept any punishment handed down but the truth is that the men you hired to control the game failed to do so and now when things get heated to the point of a brawl they step back and my guys pay the price. That's only my first issue. My second issue is that we are setting a precedent that we can show up the other team without a little chin music to brush guys back or stare downs. Are we saying bat flips are ok, showing up the other team is cool but when the natural order of baseball happens and guys respond then we penalize them. Is that the message we want to send. Let baseball be baseball. It's early in the season and now we all know is that next time we meet the hook will be short and the suspensions will be heavy. Now, my third issue, we are playing in the U.S, these past few days and nothing, nada, silence. But now we are going to fly over 16 hours across the world and you want to take that opportunity away. Justice must be swift and firm, but here were are, a series here and there gone by and now we have figured out to suspend guys for fighting. It's pretty cut and dry and could have been handed down immediately. The black and blue has already worn off the tide's back side. I ask you to let us continue to play. Let our new coach do his job and let them be who they are. Men playing a game.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2019, 01:15:17 AM »

GM Phoenix, first off the reason the suspensions happened is because based off review, he imitated the fight that drew both dugouts onto the field. It takes awhile to conduct an accurate review of what transpired to make sure we are making the best decision for all parties involved.

A bat flip does not cause physical harm to anyone. The old tale of throwing at players deserves a spot six feet under, this is not the same game. Players can throw in excess of 100mph.

The suspension is final Mr. Phoenix Jr and I hope you also take this time to reflect on how youíve conducted yourself. Mr. Winstead may not be suspended if you didnít say you did in fact throw at Virginia Beach. Itís not the league that has depicted you as thugs, but rather the way youíre running your team.

This is not the first year team like Tokyo, London, Mexico City, and Thunder Bay have been in the league. So I donít see any valid point about missed opportunity.

Unless you have anymore questions, I think Iíve addressed your concerns here. Good luck this week.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2019, 06:51:26 AM »
(Hangs up the phone)

---

Ms. Michaels can I please speak to coach Mewes

----

Coach, I just got off the phone with the asshat who calls himself commish trying to appeal your suspensions but according to him we are playing in a new age. He stated that guys today throw 100mph. I guess he wasn't paying attention to that other league back in the days when that Nolan guy from Texas could throw over a 100 MPH, or that 6'5 unit guy could throw over 100 mph but I guess they remember what they want to remember just just justify their decision. Coach, I apologize coach. I explained it to him the way it is and he just didn't like when i said baseball polices itself. I guess he wanted me to go in there and kiss his ass and play choir boy to his alter. I'm straight forward coach. There are two things I don't do well with reporters and absentee authority. I should have known when it came to pretty boy Johnny that they would go deaf. Coach, Don't change a thing. To me suspensions don't send messages they just piss me off. The league is gonna paint us a certain way and we are fine with that. We play hard and fair but if someone tries to show us up we are gonna have something to say. Well, listen I guess you get to enjoy japan a bit more than we do. When we get to Japan, we will game plan. Let the other coaches know our line ups and then I have a connect willing to sell me front row tickets for you and Winstead.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2019, 10:36:23 AM »

Great speech... really. But Coach Mewes wonít be in the office this week as part of his suspension.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2019, 06:32:22 PM »
Good thing I wrote it down, I'll fax it to him. Thank you Ms. Michaels can you send all the assistants in here please.

--

Gentlemen, It is what it is. The league needs a whooping boy. They need to bring the hammer down. Just being called Brooklyn makes us an easy target to brand us thugs. That's fine. They had to choose us or Virginia and they chose us instead of equity. This team leans on the leadership you guys bring to the table. Mr. Evans I would like you to take over head coaching duties until Coach Mewes joins us again. I'll leave the line ups up to you since you work closely with these players. Any questions gentlemen?

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2019, 09:20:44 PM »
THE COACHES HAVE NO QUESTIONS

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2019, 06:11:05 AM »
Great, I'll let you guys get ready and work out the details of the next few games. I have some stuff to finalize here and then we get ready  to spend the night on a plane.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2019, 11:20:19 PM »

Sounds good.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 18, 2019, 12:16:13 AM »
With that said I'm leaving it to you guys

----

Coaches make all decisions

LOCK IN

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2019, 07:15:48 PM »

Discuss the latest series. Was it how you expected it to go?
Well first let me say the kitties should be sending flowers over to the guy who calls himself commish. I guess he's trying to send a message. Waits until we go over see's and short hands us. Two of the three of those games we close and not having our guys int he line up or our head coach was huge. But i guess that is what the league wanted, to put Brooklyn in their place. To me that series was tainted. I should have played it under protest but I was trying to be the bigger person but I see that the league and the commish personal feelings towards me makes him makes rash decisions against a team. That's fine. I understand my dad more and more everyday. YOUR WELCOME JAPAN!

I really don't care about anything or anyone else except Brooklyn. I'm in no mood to talk about any news, I'm jet lagged and annoyed as all hell..

Who are cheering for to win the College World Series? doesn't matter, as long as it's a good game and I can see who stands out. Obviously one of the best players in college will be in Brooklyn shortly so, we have that to think about. (looks into the camera and winks).

Talk about your opponent this week. What will you need to improve upon to take the series?
We will take the series simply because we will be in full strength. Hands down. The commish crippled us and made us look foolish over seas. It's fine, Message heard but not received. No one will change me or change us. Next time we see the Cats we'll remind them who we are, one way or another.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 25, 2019, 08:32:16 PM »

I was hoping we'd play with a little more fire under us then we did. It's obvious the league is punishing us because of your negative persona in the public. If you keep up playing this tough guy role, you'll end up losing the team's trust. They are tired of answering to your actions and frankly, so am I.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2019, 08:54:41 AM »
The media bothers me the most. I never said I was graceful but I understand what you are saying. If you and the team truly feel like I should be more.....receptive and pleasant towards those lemmings then I'll do my best. Just understand coach, I have seen what happens when guys try to be nice and try to fit into a system that doesn't appreciate them anyway. But I guess I'll swallow that for now and smile more. Let's see what comes of it.

What does our match up look like this week coach?

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 27, 2019, 12:34:14 AM »

I don't think you have to completely 180, but you need to find some middle ground where you're not stepping on everyone's toes. But as for our matchup, we have the defending champions coming in, they are explosive at the plate, but I think we can do some damage against their arms.   

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 28, 2019, 09:22:25 PM »
I'm still  lagged and I'm sure the guys need some rest. Let the guys rest up and go light on drills this week. I want the guys fresh when the defending champs come to town.

---

All managersl back to their managerial positions

Play aggressive.

Managers make all other decisions

LOCK IN

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 11, 2019, 11:19:34 AM »

Discuss the latest series.
Well first off let me say good ladies and gentlemen. Always feels better to win a series you should win. After the first game, I'm not gonna lie I was starting to tense up. But the guys responded and it was good to see them come through in the clutch and take the next two. Al we got to do is get both our pitching and hitting working at the same time. We always seem to be out of sync with both sides of the ball. 

Well, how about that secret owners meeting. I guess it wasn't so secret. It's sad, here we have a league that is obviously thriving in competition, ratings, fan fare and what not and yet there are some GM's who are punching in and out on the same day, not putting in the work. I'll tell you. i know at times i can be difficult and at times 'm not the friendliest guy in the room but I always come to work. I speak to the men who I need to speak too and I let the coaches do their job. I don't think it takes much to run a team, guys just need to prioritize or leave. I'm sure there is a up and coming youngster or some wild eyed vet out there would would love the opportunity top run a team.

With the creativity some teams have explored such as starting your ace in Game 3 and using an "opener" approach. If you've used one of those strategies, will you continue them? If you haven't, will you start? Why and why not? 
I get it, some GM's are trying to reinvent the wheel and you know what, at times it can work. You can make a better wheel. you can make it smoother, lighter or heavier depending on terrain. you can make it bigger or smaller. More or less traction but the wheel will never be changed. A wheel is a wheel. So, though it may seem creative now, things like the Ace in game 3 is more of a trend item. eventually if enough teams start doing it then all we will have is a backwards rotation for the start of a series and that opening game will showcase the third best pitcher and the finale will have the ace's but if you are playing a third game and guys need rest then how much support are you giving your aces. Hey listen, to each it's own. I let the game orchestrate itself, at least for now. It's too early for of all us to try and manipulate the game. We hardly, truly know the guys on our team but yet we are looking at some stat sheet to tell us how we should run our team game by game, nah, not for me. I got a coaching staff and a trust in them, if they want to get wild and creative then it's on them, I trust their judgement.

Talk about your opponent this week. Which one of the games is the most important to win for your team?
Well, we have the prime time game of the week going into Indianapolis two last place teams trying to get out of the cellar. I'm sure they will play us hard to try and shut us up . All we have to do is is get our hitting and pitching in order in at least 2 of the 3 games. We are in another series that we can win, but if anything is telling like when we played those scrubs in Chicago, even a clock is right twice a day. So if we just play hard and aggressive we should be fine. I have full confidence in Brooklyn. So with that said, does any of the members of the media have any questions.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 11, 2019, 10:06:47 PM »

Much better with the press, got lots of thumbs up walking by the bosses offices'. Impressive series win too against a Jacksonville team that is much better than the record shows, as are we. Indy is a winnable series again and a sweep can get us back into thinking about maybe stealing a playoff berth.   

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2019, 08:27:54 PM »
I'll tell you, it wasn't easy. I shold get a goddamn oscar for that. Coach, I think we got what it takes to sneak in. I made some statements about that we never seem to be rolling on both sides of the ball, but you're down there. What is holding us back besides the lack of talent in some areas.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2019, 11:48:20 PM »

I think our bullpen hurts us a little bit. It's a mixed bag of nuts on what we're going to get. When they pitch well, it's usually a win. 

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2019, 11:59:14 PM »
Let's see how this series plays out and we might have to shake things up a bit in the pitching department and start calling guys up and sending guys down.

-
Coaches make all decisions

LOCK IN

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 01, 2019, 09:57:18 PM »
Won the series, not a lot to discuss. We gave our pitcher support with our bats and now we get closer to possibly sneaking in to the last playoff spot.

GM Kirk stepping down was a shocker. A guy who was so vocal during our series suddenly packs it in and leaves. Well, that's the difference between. Some GM's are loved but don't love back. I might not be loved but I promise you I ain't going any where.

Will you be a buyer, seller or stay put as trade deadline approaches?
I think if we can find the right arm to solidify our rotation and hold us down I might be willing to be a buyer.

Talk about your upcoming series.
Every series is the same for us. We have to win every series maybe even shock one of these teams with a sweep. I really can't get into how important a series is, or who we need to worry about. Honestly, I'm not trying to be a hard ass but I just focus on Brooklyn. too many GM's worry and focus on other teams and other players. My team has my 100% focus and I have to make sure they know I stand behind them and let them know i don't worry about anyone we play because I feel we can beat anyone.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 02, 2019, 12:33:09 AM »

Back to back series wins! If we beat Golden State, we'll be riding high into all-star break. 

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 05, 2019, 12:55:09 PM »
COACH MEWES IS SHOCKED YOU DON'T SHARE THE SAME EXCITEMENT.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 05, 2019, 08:00:49 PM »
I can tell by that look you expected me to get amped and give a hell yeah. understand, i feel what you feel. I feel that in my heart but I also know not to put the wagon in front of the horse and take it one series at a time. I am excited that we have this opportunity but I don't want to get so amped that if we come up short it feels like a huge disappointment.  Just trying to stay grounded. I know if you feel this way the guys are starting to get amped and that's good enough for me, for now. I'll crack a smile and give a small fist pump if we take the next series. With that said, let's go and get ready to upset some folks and win another series.

LOCK IN

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 09, 2019, 12:34:52 AM »

This was a good one. A hard fought series. We took the series from one of, if not the best team in the league in my eyes. We played hard and smart and came through for one another. Exactly what we needed to get this moving forward as we get closer to what some thought was impossible, a playoff birth.

Talk about at least two pieces of news.
Well, first piece of news is that I can't believe how many big names are being traded. The mere fact that in this sport players develop at a much different pace, to already have proven studds and then send them away for draft picks boggles my mind, Anyway, the strong teams get stronger so there is no direct effect to us, but when other teams get weaker, that benefits all the teams trying to make a push this season and the next. Now, let's talk about the only real news this past week, let's just say as a Gm in this league, and I'm sure the commissioner will agree, we can't allow for such transgressions which occurred on the field between Austin and new Mexico. I am also very intrigued to see the fallout from that brawl we had out there. As you know, this league can not tolerate such behavior. So I know our Commissioner will move swiftly to rectify such a horrible transgression right before our mid summer classic, wouldn't you all agree?

Who do you think got an All-Star game snub?
I don't believe in snubs, you are either one of the best or one of the most popular. If you aren't either you shouldn't be in the All Star game. BUT!, and I say this because I know he won't. He won't because he doesn't let these things get to him but as his GM I will always defend my players. Not having Todd Esco start the All Star game felt a little weak to me. Again, he didn't bring this up and a man like him wouldn't because he's a gamer and is all about baseball. He punches in, hits them out and then punches out. But I felt like it needed to be said. 

What was your favorite part of All-Star weekend?
The Homerun Derby.

How would you grade yourself at the midseason point?
I'm not into grading myself. I'm a nobody. I'm the guy who hands out checks to hard nose baseball players. Guys who want to come to Brooklyn and play. It's not easy to play in New York, and I know it ain't easy to be low key when you got a loud mouth like myself at times talking trash into a mic, but, for the guys who can handle it, the guys who play inning to inning. Whose heart outweighs their talent...I'm the just the guy handing them one of many reasons to come to Brooklyn.

Who is your midseason MVP?
Coach Mewes and his staff. I mean, again. We play in front of a rabid and relentless fan base. We have played short handed after 17 hour flights. We have played in front of fans who have just hated watching us run on their field. We have played with a team that has some guys who other teams didn't look twice at who we knew were talented and some very young inexperienced players  getting a hard knocks education. Let's not forget at times i haven't made it easy and through it all he has this team always playing hard, he has them ready and among all else he has us in the mix for a playoff spot. Hats off to him and his staff.

Talk about your Week 10 opponent.
Omaha comes into town with a record close to our own. They are also trying to get into the playoffs. I won't call us identical because I don't think there is any team that matches our heart, but I'm sure those guys are feeling just as hungry to prove people wrong.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2019, 08:13:29 PM »

Me might be the hottest team in the league right now... but boss... I know TED Esco isn't very happy about you calling him Todd to the media. He's getting hit pretty hard about it on social media with them calling him little Toddler. Outside of that, everyone feels pretty good after the break. 

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 11, 2019, 04:52:34 PM »
I hear you, I was trying to be sarcastic to the media and i guess it failed. I'll call him in and explain myself.

--

Ms Michaels can you get me Ted Esco please

--

Ted, I must apologize. I know it looks bad that I called you Todd. I was infuriated and so pissed off my words were coming out my mouth faster then my thought were coming to my head. I wanted to make a joke about not knowing who you were since they never show you any love but before i can think of a way to fix it the words came out and I kept going with it. I do apologize. I hope you can forgive me for my name fopaw. Just let me know what can I do to help fix this. I would never do anything to embarrass one of my players so i do feel horrible.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2019, 09:30:46 PM »

Not cool boss, not cool at all. I appreciate you sticking up for me, but I let my play on the field do the talking.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2019, 09:38:56 PM »
I messed up and you are right. You know what, we are hot right now, we are rollin. No need for me to say anymore, you are 100% correct. from here on then I'll let our play do the talking.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 12, 2019, 10:09:16 AM »
TED ESCO NODS.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 14, 2019, 10:57:48 AM »
I'll let you get back to BP and I'll speak to coach.

--

Ms. Michaels can you get me coach Mewes

---

Coach, spoke to Esco, he's a gamer through and through. Thank goodness he doesn't have an ego or that little faux pas could have been costly. So now we move on. I was considering speaking to you about our minor league system and if there was anyone down there you felt could help us but I know we are hot right now so we shouldn't do anything to throw off the chemistry. But if you feel strongly about any talent we have in our minor's please let me know. Trade deadline is among us and if we could use some picks and minor league talent to help us land someone who can sure up our bullpen, we could really make some noise.