Author Topic: TEAM: LONDON GRIFFINS  (Read 1809 times)

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: LONDON GRIFFINS
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2019, 04:44:08 AM »
We're already playing baseball the way I wanted us to. I love it and the fans will too as long as we keep winning. The two main issues on a run like this are complacency and how we respond when we do lose. I liked the way our lads reacted in the final game after the loss. The players seem to have the mantality to go with the talent. It's great to see. I don't want to mess with anything while things are going well so more of the same please.

Lock in

GM Jon

• IMPACT BOWL VI AND VII CHAMPION!
  • Prediction Admin / PBL Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2019, 10:53:43 AM »

The media is pretty pissed off with you not showing up. Anyways... what you got for me this week?

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2019, 05:28:13 PM »
I'm sure they could just play a replay of one of my earlier press conferences and nobody would be able to tell the difference. Still, I'm sorry for the additional questions I'm sure would have come your way as a result.

Another series sweep... this is becoming a bit of a habit. It's great to see the depth we seem to have in the pitching. The confidence seems to be high as well. Once again we won some late ones and in extra innings but to me that shows the spirit we have in the team. We're going to need all of that this week against Tokyo though. Would you agree that they are probably at a different level to the teams we have faced so far this year?

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2019, 07:55:44 PM »

Not just additional questions as me, but the entire team. Probably best we just do what the league wants us to. As for Tokyo, by far the most talented team we'd face so far. It'll be a test between our arms and their bats and we'll see who comes out on top.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2019, 05:59:57 PM »
It's definitely going to be a very interesting series. If we can carry the momentum we've been building through this test then I'm confident we can push on and achieve something that's going to surprise a lot of people here. I don't see the need to change anything at this point so I think we carry on as we have been.

Starting lineups

vs. RHP
1. Turk
2. Sammons
3. Lay
4. Bohne
5. Alcala
6. Hernandez
7. Gutierrez
8. Judd
9. McCullough

vs. LHP
As above

Starting Pitcher Rotation
1. Bruce Noll
2. Waleed bin Wajih
3. Nick Hudson

Lock in

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2019, 05:03:22 PM »
THE MEDIA LEAVES AS YOU NEGLECT TO APPEAR AT YOUR PRESS CONFERENCE

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2019, 03:25:42 PM »
Thank you for taking care of the media for me, Coach. I know that's not your job so I apologise for putting you in that position again. I will try not to miss any more of those but if I do I will hand in my resignation. It's not fair on you, the organisation or the fans.

Getting down to business. It's disappointing to lose a series at home but it was going to happen eventually. I'm not going to dwell on these losses though. Instead I'd like to focus on the batting order. We're playing well but I can't help but feel like our batting could be better. How is Turk coping as lead off hitter?

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2019, 03:45:36 PM »

I'm not worried about the series loss, just wasn't our weekend despite Noll getting us off to a great start. Turk has been pretty decent in the leadoff spot. His OBP is .338, so he's getting on at a decent clip. I feel our issue has been Bohne in the clean-up spot, maybe it's time to knock him down the order until he gets things going.

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2019, 07:20:52 PM »
How about we swap him with Alcala then. He's been having a very good run lately so let's get him cleaning up for us.

Starting lineups

vs. RHP
1. Turk
2. Sammons
3. Lay
4. Alcala
5. Bohne
6. Hernandez
7. Gutierrez
8. Judd
9. McCullough

vs. LHP
As above

1. Bruce Noll
2. Waleed bin Wajih
3. Nick Hudson

Lock in

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2019, 06:45:45 PM »
WEEK SIX

1. Discuss the latest series. Was it how you expected it to go?

After losing a series like the one against Tokyo the next series is always going to have that extra importance. You find out a lot about your team and your players in those moments and our lads didn't disappoint. Another series victory is a great way to bounce back and to do it by sweeping the series just adds to the confidence the lads must be feeling. We'll need that going into this next series.

2. Talk about at least one piece of news.   

One of the main goals I set for myself when I took this job was to help to increase the profile of this sport here in the UK. The owner and I see eye to eye on that so I'm sure he'll be delighted to know we're achieving that this early on in our project. The hype over here for this next game is definitely justified. It also shows that the league was right to trust this city to host a team. This city is buzzing and we'll need to make sure we live up to the expectations.

3. Who are cheering for to win the College World Series?

I honestly don't care. I went to McGill.

4. Talk about your opponent this week. What will you need to improve upon to take the series?

Golden State are playing some great baseball at the moment and are pushing us on to up our game every week. I'm trying to think of a weakness we can exploit but it's very difficult to do when you look at their roster. In the end the games will simply come down to who the better team is and who wants it more. I don't think we need to improve particularly but what we will need is for our fans to bring the atmosphere that is unique to England to help give us the advantage.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2019, 11:04:26 PM »

Alright, this series right here... this is our chance to out London baseball on the map!

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2019, 03:05:55 PM »
Absolutely. If we can win this series it'll really get the momentum building here in London. I thought our change in the batting order had a big impact already last week. Is there anyone else you think is batting at the wrong position?

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2019, 07:30:06 PM »

I like McCullough where he is for the turn in the lineup, but maybe swapping Guti and Lazaro might be helpful. 

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2019, 06:00:36 AM »
Consider it done, Coach.

Starting lineups

vs. RHP
1. Turk
2. Sammons
3. Lay
4. Alcala
5. Bohne
6. Gutierrez
7. Hernandez
8. Judd
9. McCullough

vs. LHP
As above

1. Bruce Noll
2. Waleed bin Wajih
3. Nick Hudson

Lock in

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2019, 05:20:30 PM »
WEEK SEVEN

1. Discuss the latest series.

What a fantastic advert for this league and this sport that series was. It was as closely fought as I expected it to be and I'm delighted to come out on the winning side. I know people like to see high scoring games but I love the tight ones where every run is a battle and the drama lasts to the final out. The series was built on great pitching from both sides and not just from the starters either. I know the headlines are all about Noll, Wajih and Hudson but I want to draw attention to our relievers and particularly Alvarado. It's a great confidence boost to the starters to know they can walk off the mound and trust the lads following them to finish the job.

2. Talk about at least one piece of news.   

I have to talk about the huge ratings that our latest game achieved. My goal here is to put UK baseball on the map and to be achieving these sorts of results so early is huge. The way you do that is not just by winning but by beating the best. That's what we've been doing so far this year. We have another great team this coming week and I'm hoping we can build on our popularity.

3. With the creativity some teams have explored such as starting your ace in Game 3 and using an "opener" approach. If you've used one of those strategies, will you continue them? If you haven't, will you start? Why and why not? 

You call it creativity but I call it a gimmick. If it helps the teams doing it then good for them but we think we know how to win baseball games and we'll keep doing it our way.

4. Talk about your opponent this week. Which one of the games is the most important to win for your team?

This week's game is huge for us. We again take on one of the top teams in the league and our closest rivals in the division. Despite our fantastic start to the season we're not that far out ahead in the conference or division so winning this series would be a massive boost. We can't go in there expecting to do that though. Game 1 is always the most important game to win in a series like this, particularly away from home. You have to set out your stall early and put the home team under pressure from day one. It then gives you a platform from which to build.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2019, 07:14:58 PM »

Boss, what you're doing for this country, raising baseball awareness and building some special. This has been some ride so far. Virginia Beach may not have the same quality of hitters as Golden State does, but they might have a better 1-2 punch in their rotation. So another really difficult series that if we can win, really puts us in a good spot to win the division.   

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2019, 08:06:47 AM »
I can't take all of the credit for it. I just give you the pieces and you've built a great team here. Those movements in the batting order seem to have paid off immediately as well. Virginia Beach are going to be a big challenge but I'd back us in a tight series every time. No changes from me this week. Thank you, Coach.
-------

Hermione, how are attendance figures looking and what's the fan support like?

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2019, 11:31:09 AM »

According to my magic wand of information, we’ve been selling out every game and fan support couldn’t be any higher unless we won the championship.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2019, 08:58:49 PM »

Is my magic wand not good enough?

GM Dazz

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2019, 09:28:51 AM »
Your magic wand has worked just as I'd hoped. Thank you Hermione.

Starting lineups

vs. RHP
1. Turk
2. Sammons
3. Lay
4. Alcala
5. Bohne
6. Gutierrez
7. Hernandez
8. Judd
9. McCullough

vs. LHP
As above

1. Bruce Noll
2. Waleed bin Wajih
3. Nick Hudson

Lock in

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2019, 07:21:03 PM »
YOU KEEP THE PRESS WAITING...

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2019, 04:10:01 PM »
AUTOLOCK

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2019, 09:41:45 AM »

Normally, I am all for a good magic trick, but I have to say, I do not like a dissappearing act! When he was here, he was a top notch GM, leading this team and this city to uncharted territory. I can't allow his inconsistines to taint our season though and it brings me great sorrow to tell you that GM Dazz has been removed from his position as General Manager. I have not decided if I will take over control the rest of the season or if we will find a replacement. That is all.