Author Topic: TEAM: NEW ORLEANS BRASS  (Read 3772 times)

GM Gravedigger

• Season 11 HIFL Champion
  • The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 223
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: NEW ORLEANS BRASS
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2020, 04:09:03 PM »
Thanks, Kay.

Let's get Vivian Hall on the line.

------------

Vivian, I'd like to bring Ricardo Hernandez in to New Orleans. Would he sign for a 1 year, $1 million deal?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion
x1 CRW Prime Time Champion

GM Jon

• IMPACT BOWL VI AND VII CHAMPION!
  • Prediction Admin / PBL Moderator
  • The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1353
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2020, 05:17:27 PM »

Yeah sugar, we can do that.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1353
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2020, 01:36:33 PM »
VIVIAN HALL HANGS UP, ALLOWING YOU TO CONDUCT ANYMORE BUSINESS YOU MAY HAVE

GM Gravedigger

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 223
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2020, 05:58:01 PM »
Let’s get to game prep...

———-

Lineups/rotation Coaches Decision.

LOCK IN

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Gravedigger

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 223
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2020, 03:45:28 PM »
1. Talk about your series this week. If you can change one thing in any of the games, what would it be and why?

Another series win. This team is coming together faster than a lot of people thought we would, and it's great to watch these guys week to week. They fight hard every game, and they'll reap the benefits down the line as they go for a playoff spot late in the year. It would have been nice to score more off of Powers in game 3 and possibly get a sweep, but 2 out of 3 is a good result.

2. Discuss at least THREE pieces of news.

Another season, another brawl... I can appreciate that these guys are playing hard, but at some point they are going to go too far and hurt someone if they push the envelope. There's a difference between playing hard and smart and playing out of control.

25 runs in a game... wow. That's a hell of an offensive output. I knew Austin was a great squad and I'm happy they're doing well. I didn't have my heart in the job last season, but it wasn't because of the guys on the team. They deserve any success they have.

Zach Ison… this week is what he is capable of in this league. He's a great pitcher, and may have just needed a couple starts to really find his way. Do I expect him to do this every week the rest of the season? No, but I think he'll be consistently good for this team the rest of the way. If he can be great, even better for us...

3. Through three weeks of the season, name one player not on your team that has surprised you in a good or bad way. 

DJ Fetterman is ripping the cover off of the ball. He's hitting for average and power, and looks like an early MVP candidate.

4. Through three weeks of the season, name one team that has surprised you.   

I thought London would be a better team this year. They're struggling in the early going, but I think they can turn it around.

5. Talk about your opponent this week. Which player on the opposing team are you most worried about?

Boise is a solid team. We'll have our hands full getting another series win this week. One big thing we'll have to do is keep Rafael Estrada in check. His power can change a game in a heartbeat if he keeps hitting homers the way he has so far this season...

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1353
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2020, 03:02:06 AM »

The team is really starting to gel and once Bryant comes back, I think we'll take off. Speaking of Bryant, I think we should place him on the IL and either sign someone or call up from the reserve roster.

GM Gravedigger

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 223
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2020, 11:09:24 PM »
Good idea.

Do you want to stick with our rotation again this week, or put in a new #3 for this series?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1353
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2020, 01:35:38 PM »

I'm fine with sticking with Ely, but if you want to see if Perez or Baker can do a better job, I'm open to that as well.

GM Gravedigger

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 223
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2020, 12:05:15 AM »
If you're confident in our rotation let's stick with it. As long as we're winning series probably best to not make too many changes.

-----------

All decisions by coaching staff.

LOCK IN

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Gravedigger

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 223
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2020, 11:19:07 PM »
1. Talk about your series this week. What was the biggest reason why you won/or/lost the series?

Rough week. The offense was solid in game 1, but faded a bit in games 2 and 3, and the pitching wasn't sharp this week. With a young team you have to be ready for ups and downs, but we need to make sure we don't have our downs all at once. But in the end, this is a team that will battle back and get some wins in the near future.

2. Discuss at least THREE pieces of news. (It doesn't have to be your own news, unless you want to)

That's a scary situation with Justin Hennard. Peanut allergies are nothing to joke about. I'm glad he's ok and was able to take the mound in game 3 of the series. You never want to see a career, or life, cut short because of an accident like what went down.

It's a shame that a small group of fans in Omaha are going to make the entire fanbase look bad. Omaha is a nice place, and I encountered nothing but kind and decent people when I've been there. I hope those caught are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I'm impressed with what Dave Ely had to say. It's not only refreshing to see that he cares so much about his performance, but that he cares so much about the team that he's willing to step aside from a starting role. That's true leadership and a great example for the rest of us within the organization.

3. What has been your favorite performance of the season so far? (can be on your team or someone else's) 

I'll go back to our opening game last week vs Chicago. Phil Van Hook threw 7 shutout innings and struck out 10. He really showed what he is capable of, and gives us great peace of mind about his bright future.

4. How would you describe your leadership style? 

I'm still figuring it out in this league. I'm not afraid to admit I've made mistakes so far, not only here but in Austin last season. I haven't quite hit my groove yet, but I'll get to where I need to be to help this team be it's absolute best.

5. Talk about your opponent this week and the keys to winning the series.

Indianapolis is a good ballclub. They're a first place team, and off to one of the best starts in the league. We need to be focused on the task at hand, and play up to our ability to get the job done.

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1353
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2020, 12:17:33 AM »

That was disappointing, but we know Boise is a quality ballclub. Indy is next and even though they are having a good start, I think this an opportunity to remind everyone that we're not going anywhere.

GM Gravedigger

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 223
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2020, 12:07:18 AM »
Agreed. Keeping the confidence level up will only help the young guys long term.

Do you agree with Ely that it’s time to take him out of the rotation?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1353
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2020, 01:05:27 PM »

I think Felix deserves the chance to get a start this week. His numbers have looked good, so let's see if he can sustain them over a longer period now.

GM Gravedigger

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 223
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2020, 07:37:47 PM »
Sounds good. Anything else on your end this week?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1353
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2020, 07:47:44 PM »

We're ready to go when you are.

GM Gravedigger

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 223
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2020, 11:21:07 PM »
Alright, Coach. I want to have one quick conversation, then we're ready to roll.

--------------

Let's talk to Candradipa.

------------

Candradipa, I wanted to touch base now that we're a bit into the season. Not only are you a captain of this team, but you're a key to us building a winner here in New Orleans.

How are you feeling about the season so far?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1353
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2020, 12:30:25 PM »

I feel we are in a better spot then we were last season. Between change in management, key players like Aguirre, Lamar, and Johnson being traded, and our struggles winning games... I like where we are right now in comparison.     

GM Gravedigger

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 223
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2020, 05:46:48 PM »
Good. Keep up the good work.

—————————

Felix Perez to SP3.

Dave Ely to bullpen.

LOCK IN

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Gravedigger

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 223
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2020, 10:38:14 AM »
1. Talk about your series this week. In what moment do you think was the turning point for each game?

Game one we got a fantastic performance from Van Hook. We got the lead early and never looked back. He's letting the world know he's going to be a big time pitcher in this league. Game two you have to go with Brick's 3 run homer. We were on the ropes headed to the bottom of the 8th and Jason came through big time. Great clutch hitting. Game three we got down early and just couldn't overcome the deficit. Tough game, but we'll bounce back.

2. Discuss at least THREE pieces of news.

First off I'd like to congratulate Bruce Noll for having a fantastic career in professional baseball. No one wants to go out with a major injury, but he has been a great pitcher for a long time. I hope he enjoys retirement and he will certainly get my HOF vote.

The idea of testosterone being found in a locker room is distressing. At this time I'd like to think there's a reasonable explanation that doesn't involve anything against league rules, but if something is in fact happening that tarnishes the league I hope Commissioner Quist's office does a thorough investigation.

Jason Brick... I love what he's done for our team. He's having a tremendous year and has a great future in this league.  To be honest, I have no idea why he brought up Virginia Beach. I'll speak to him and see where he's coming from.

3. What player on your team is a LOCK for the upcoming All-Star game? 

Brick. 4th in the conference in batting average, 5th in home runs and OPS... he's been tremendous for us. I'd think Standfield, Mehta, and Stojkovic also have a case for our field guys, And Van Hook and PBL saves leader David Barfield have a case as well.

4. As we head into #TradeSZN, do you plan to be a buyer or seller or keep things as is... and why?   

Our plan is more long term that short, but we are in the playoff hunt so I will keep my eye out for a move that can help us win right now, but as long as it doesn't hurt the long term development of the team. That's the most important thing

5. Talk about your opponent this week. Which out of the 3 games are you most looking forward to?

Golden State will be a test for us, no doubt. The kind of series we need to win if we want to be a playoff team. Game one would be the one I'm most looking forward to. Medina vs Van Hook is a great matchup, and should be a treat for PBL fans. If we set the tone that night, it should be a good weekend for us.

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1353
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2020, 07:24:14 PM »

That was a clutch homer by Brick to give us the series win. We're holding pace with the rest of the division and conference.

GM Gravedigger

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 223
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2020, 04:27:29 PM »
Yep. I think we're in the race for the long haul, and we don't have to worry about the SP3 much longer with our rotation getting close to fully healthy...

I wanted to ask you about Brick's comments. Did you hear any of the reaction in the clubhouse, and what did you think of it?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1353
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2020, 09:13:32 PM »

I don't personally know what the uproar is about, but apparently some of the older guys that have been with the club for awhile thought it wasn't the place to give credit to another team.

GM Gravedigger

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 223
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2020, 05:03:41 PM »
I'll check in with him to see what's up.

Anyone else you want to give a shot at the 3rd starter role or we good to go?

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1353
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2020, 06:09:07 PM »

Outside of finding alternative options via trade, I think Ely fared the best.

GM Gravedigger

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 223
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2020, 08:22:20 PM »
Ok, Coach. Let’s win another series.

———-

Let’s talk to Jason Brick.

——-

Jason, I wanted to touch base before this week’s series.

I wanted to hear what you had to say about the Virginia Beach comments. It might have been taken the wrong way by some of the team, so I’d like to hear your side of things.

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1353
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2020, 09:19:11 PM »

All I said is that I owe Virginia Beach for developing me over the first few years of my professional career.       

GM Gravedigger

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 223
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2020, 09:32:04 PM »
And that’s ok. I guess some people took it the wrong way. You might consider letting everyone know where you stand, but in the end it’s just a misunderstanding...

Keep up the great work.

—————

Ely to SP3, Perez to bullpen.

All other decisions by coaching staff.

LOCK IN

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Gravedigger

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 223
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2020, 12:18:52 AM »
1. Talk about your series this week. Name 1 player that showed up and 1 player that didn't.

Rough series this week. We had a chance in games 1 and 3 and stayed close, but couldn't get the job done, and week 2 was just not good at all. In terms of quality play this week, I'd say Mehta had a good series. 6 hits and 3 home runs... he hit the ball well this week. As for the other side of things, I'm not one to single out a player from this team. We win as a team, and we lose as a team.

2. Discuss the news about your team.

I'll have to talk to Coach Bonilla and see what our best course of action is for the coming week. Baker will be in the running for a start, but nothing is set in stone right now.

3. Discuss at least 1 other piece of news this week. 

I'd like to send my condolences to the family of Lefty McBroom. It's an absolute tragedy that he passed away, and if there is any signs of foul play I hope the proper authorities are on the case and find the culprit.

4. You've seen the current fan voting. Now is the time to promote ONE player on your team that isn't getting the recognition he deserves.

Phil Van Hook deserves more love. He's battled each and every start this year, and done a great job on the mound for us. He deserves to be looked at as a serious contender for an all-star spot.   

5. Talk about your next opponent and the pitching/hitting match-up you're most excited to see

Austin is playing good ball this year. They are hitting well, and have some good pitchers also. It will be a tough test for us to win this series. As for the one matchup, I think Van Hook vs Fetterman should be fun. Phil's throwing well and can help his all-star case, and Fetterman is hitting like a MVP candidate. Seeing them lock horns should be entertaining....

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1353
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2020, 09:27:45 AM »

Next time you should single someone out, especially after we got swept. You'd gain the respect of the clubhouse better that way by being brutally honest.

GM Gravedigger

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 223
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2020, 10:38:20 PM »
I'm still trying to feel out how to deal with these guys, so thanks for the heads up for the future. If they want to hear the truth, even if brutal, then I'll let them know what I think...

So should we give Baker a start? Can't go worse than our game 3s have been going...

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1353
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2020, 12:13:52 AM »

Unless someone out there is trading a viable starter and you can workout a deal, then I don't see why not, he's the next man up for the opportunity.

GM Gravedigger

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 223
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 02, 2020, 04:17:05 PM »
Ok, we'll give Baker a go. We just need one of these guys to step up until the rotation is whole again...

--------------

Baker to SP3, Ely to bullpen.

All other decisions by coaching staff.

LOCK IN

x1 CRW Anarchy Champion
x2 CRW Tag Team Champion