Author Topic: TEAM: ALBUQUERQUE ROADRUNNERS  (Read 1670 times)

GM Jon

• IMPACT BOWL VI AND VII CHAMPION!
  • Prediction Admin / PBL Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1328
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: ALBUQUERQUE ROADRUNNERS
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2019, 12:03:54 PM »
THE MEDIA GROWS IMPATIENT

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1328
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2019, 07:15:51 PM »
AUTOLOCK.... LIGHTNING STRIKES CAN BE SEEN HIGH ABOVE THE CITY!

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2019, 09:31:30 AM »
"Thank you for joining me. I'm sorry I missed you last week, there were some crazy thunderstorms last week and I missed my flight in. Don't worry, I was able to do some work remotely, and now I'm here to answer some questions. I'll take the first one."

"Can you discuss your series last week against the Brass?"

Thank you. It was a great series. Bobby and Mel both got their much deserved first wins of the season, and it comes at a good time. With one series win we've crawled closer to playoff positioning. I'm optimistic that the team we saw against the Brass is who we really are. Next question?"

"Any comments from the news of the week?"

"I thought the 20 walk game was pretty crazy. Hopefully that was just an abberation, cause that isn't exciting baseball. Next question?"

"With some teams employing some creativity in their pitching rotation, using openers or pitching their Ace in game 3, is that a strategy you will start using in Albuquerque? "

"It was only a matter of time before someone tried it, right? We have such a unique scheduling structure in the PBL that using the rotation strategically is possible. In truth, I had thought about it, but then some teams started employing it. I don't want to say that the option isn't on the table. But, as someone who used to pitch way back when, I know that for a pitcher, rhythm is important. So if we employ it in the future, it will be with careful consideration, and it won't become an every series thing. Next question?"

"You are up against Mexico City this week,  which game is most important and why?"

"All of them? As a team with a .333 win percentage, we don't have the luxury of splitting or losing series. We need wins, and we need them early, often, and nearly every time at this point. Any further questions?"

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1328
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2019, 09:57:07 PM »

Must've been some kind of thunderstorm. Well, I rallied the team in your absence. I did pretty well don't you think?

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2019, 10:12:20 AM »
"Yeah, nice work getting those wins. We may have found our rhythm, but I'd need another series win or two before I can feel confident about that.

How do you think we match up against Mexico City?"

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1328
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2019, 09:54:16 PM »

Mexico City is a lot like us with with slightly better bats and much better starting arms. This is a series would could win, but I'm not going to lie here, we need to either do something to make ourselves better or start prepping for the future. I don't think we can make the playoffs as we stand in our roster despite somehow still being in the playoff hunt.   

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2019, 11:32:06 PM »
"I've been having fleeting conversations with other GMs, but no one has talked serious yet. I expect moves will be made, but probably closer to the trade deadline. For now, business as usual.

---

1. LF - Allen
2. RF - Carlisle
3. 2B - Layne
4. 3B - Rodriguez
5. DH - Taffola
6. CF - Potts
7. 1B - Ruiz
8. C - London
9. SS - Grimes

Rotation
1 -Andrade