Author Topic: TEAM: INDIANAPOLIS AEROS  (Read 1674 times)

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 18
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: INDIANAPOLIS AEROS
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2019, 09:51:22 PM »
1. "Losing this series was tough. In my opinion this was a series we should've won but the momentum went the other direction during game two of the series and Brooklyn beat us. Our first game was great and Stover was on fire. Great team win and if we have solid overall performances like that and we'll be good to go."

2. "Firstly congratulations to LSU, huge win for that program. Winning the CWS is a very big deal and they should be very proud of themselves. Secondly very surprised to see GM Kirk leave but then again going by what happened at a certain meeting we both attended I'm not too surprised. Lastly sucks for Horne and Jacksonville about his injury. Hopefully he is able to play for them soon."

3. "All options are on the table. I want to build a winner here and I feel we can make the playoffs. However if there is a deal that will take this team to the next level I will do it."

4. "This week we play London. London has the second best record in the league and are one of the best teams in the entire PBL. We MUST and CAN win this series. The Aeros need a momentum series win before the All Star Break and beating them will put us at another level. This is a huge series for us."

GM Jon

• IMPACT BOWL VI AND VII CHAMPION!
  • Prediction Admin / PBL Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1328
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2019, 10:37:29 PM »

Like you said, a great start but an ugly finish to that series. I think we can shock London though.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 18
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2019, 03:17:44 AM »
I think we can too. I feel that we're the most underrated team in the entire league and momentum is a big part of why. If we can beat them that can change. Also it's the trade deadline coming up. Are there any positions that we might need an upgrade at to put us over the top? I feel we're very close to being a top team just missing one, possibly two things at the most from being there.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1328
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2019, 05:57:30 PM »

Could use another bat, also some bullpen help, but above all, another starting arm.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 18
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2019, 07:24:03 PM »
Got it. Iíll see if I can get something done but if not weíll just lock in for the week.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1328
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2019, 07:33:16 PM »

Sounds good boss.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 18
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2019, 11:49:04 PM »
Going to lock in.

All decisions by manager, coaches

Lock in.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 18
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2019, 06:13:22 PM »
1. Discuss the latest series.

"It was a HUGE series win for us beating London 2-1. They have the second best record in the league and we beat them which should give us a big momentum boost going into the second half of the season. Ken Altmeyer was stellar. Scott and Stotts were great as well. Overall a solid team win series for us. I'm proud of how our team played and it got us right back into playoff contention."

2. Talk about at least two pieces of news.

"Firstly there was a bench clearing brawl between Austin and Mexico City. Not too surprised to see that considering they are rivals. Altamira went full savage on Tokyo which was amusing to say the least. Feel bad for Jose Gonzalez of London. A player of his caliber shouldn't have to call out a GM for being lazy. Just saying."

3. Who do you think got an All-Star game snub?

"Stotts for sure. He was a major snub in my opinion especially with how he's been playing recently."

4. What was your favorite part of All-Star weekend?

"Watching our guys Maldonaldo and Stover play in the All Star Game. Maldonaldo scored as well as had the highest batting percentage on our conference's team, and Stover held the other team without a run and helped with a double play."

5. How would you grade yourself at the midseason point?

"B-. I had a rocky start but we've really been picking it up recently other than the last series before London. Other than that we've been playing great lately."

6. Who is your midseason MVP?

"I'm going to go with Maldonaldo. He's been playing great this entire season. Stover and Stotts get honorable mentions for this as well."

7. Talk about your Week 10 opponent.

"This week we are playing Tokyo who are also in the hunt for the playoffs. They are a good team but I feel we have a shot at winning this series. It's going to be a hard fought series for both teams and it'll be 2-1 no matter who wins."

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1328
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2019, 08:20:58 PM »

If that series win didn't show that we can make the playoffs in our conference and make a run, I don't know what will.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 18
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2019, 08:32:44 PM »
Agreed about that. The team is geling nicely and we're making the big plays we weren't at the start of the season. Tokyo is going to be a test for us but I think we can keep rolling over them. What's your assessment of them? I think they're reeling from the Altamira incident and will be distracted by that which only helps us.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1328
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2019, 09:10:14 PM »

One of the most talented teams in the league with a deadly lineup that can hurt you at any point during the game if the pitching isn't sharp. Solid starters and a strong bullpen too. This series will not be easy.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 18
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2019, 09:41:46 PM »
Yes it will be and Iím hoping we end up on the right side of it. Keep up the good work with the team. Iíll let you get back to practice.

ó-

Anna, can you let Mr. Unser know that Iím ready to see him whenever heís ready please, thank you.

GM Jon

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1328
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2019, 01:04:51 PM »

We've rubbed tires all season and still, we have a chance to take the checkered flag. Our season goals don't look great in the rearview mirror, but we can still salvage something from this season. We were swept by Thunder Bay, so I at least expect us to win our next series against them. You brought in help to lower or ERA, so I expect our high team era to correct itself by seasons end, especially if you can bring in another starting pitcher. It's time to go racing into the playoffs, don't let me down son!