Author Topic: TEAM: INDIANAPOLIS AEROS  (Read 2647 times)

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: INDIANAPOLIS AEROS
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2019, 09:51:22 PM »
1. "Losing this series was tough. In my opinion this was a series we should've won but the momentum went the other direction during game two of the series and Brooklyn beat us. Our first game was great and Stover was on fire. Great team win and if we have solid overall performances like that and we'll be good to go."

2. "Firstly congratulations to LSU, huge win for that program. Winning the CWS is a very big deal and they should be very proud of themselves. Secondly very surprised to see GM Kirk leave but then again going by what happened at a certain meeting we both attended I'm not too surprised. Lastly sucks for Horne and Jacksonville about his injury. Hopefully he is able to play for them soon."

3. "All options are on the table. I want to build a winner here and I feel we can make the playoffs. However if there is a deal that will take this team to the next level I will do it."

4. "This week we play London. London has the second best record in the league and are one of the best teams in the entire PBL. We MUST and CAN win this series. The Aeros need a momentum series win before the All Star Break and beating them will put us at another level. This is a huge series for us."

GM Jon

• IMPACT BOWL VI AND VII CHAMPION!
  • Prediction Admin / PBL Moderator
  • The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2019, 10:37:29 PM »

Like you said, a great start but an ugly finish to that series. I think we can shock London though.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2019, 03:17:44 AM »
I think we can too. I feel that we're the most underrated team in the entire league and momentum is a big part of why. If we can beat them that can change. Also it's the trade deadline coming up. Are there any positions that we might need an upgrade at to put us over the top? I feel we're very close to being a top team just missing one, possibly two things at the most from being there.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2019, 05:57:30 PM »

Could use another bat, also some bullpen help, but above all, another starting arm.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2019, 07:24:03 PM »
Got it. Ill see if I can get something done but if not well just lock in for the week.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2019, 07:33:16 PM »

Sounds good boss.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2019, 11:49:04 PM »
Going to lock in.

All decisions by manager, coaches

Lock in.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2019, 06:13:22 PM »
1. Discuss the latest series.

"It was a HUGE series win for us beating London 2-1. They have the second best record in the league and we beat them which should give us a big momentum boost going into the second half of the season. Ken Altmeyer was stellar. Scott and Stotts were great as well. Overall a solid team win series for us. I'm proud of how our team played and it got us right back into playoff contention."

2. Talk about at least two pieces of news.

"Firstly there was a bench clearing brawl between Austin and Mexico City. Not too surprised to see that considering they are rivals. Altamira went full savage on Tokyo which was amusing to say the least. Feel bad for Jose Gonzalez of London. A player of his caliber shouldn't have to call out a GM for being lazy. Just saying."

3. Who do you think got an All-Star game snub?

"Stotts for sure. He was a major snub in my opinion especially with how he's been playing recently."

4. What was your favorite part of All-Star weekend?

"Watching our guys Maldonaldo and Stover play in the All Star Game. Maldonaldo scored as well as had the highest batting percentage on our conference's team, and Stover held the other team without a run and helped with a double play."

5. How would you grade yourself at the midseason point?

"B-. I had a rocky start but we've really been picking it up recently other than the last series before London. Other than that we've been playing great lately."

6. Who is your midseason MVP?

"I'm going to go with Maldonaldo. He's been playing great this entire season. Stover and Stotts get honorable mentions for this as well."

7. Talk about your Week 10 opponent.

"This week we are playing Tokyo who are also in the hunt for the playoffs. They are a good team but I feel we have a shot at winning this series. It's going to be a hard fought series for both teams and it'll be 2-1 no matter who wins."

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2019, 08:20:58 PM »

If that series win didn't show that we can make the playoffs in our conference and make a run, I don't know what will.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2019, 08:32:44 PM »
Agreed about that. The team is geling nicely and we're making the big plays we weren't at the start of the season. Tokyo is going to be a test for us but I think we can keep rolling over them. What's your assessment of them? I think they're reeling from the Altamira incident and will be distracted by that which only helps us.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2019, 09:10:14 PM »

One of the most talented teams in the league with a deadly lineup that can hurt you at any point during the game if the pitching isn't sharp. Solid starters and a strong bullpen too. This series will not be easy.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2019, 09:41:46 PM »
Yes it will be and Im hoping we end up on the right side of it. Keep up the good work with the team. Ill let you get back to practice.

-

Anna, can you let Mr. Unser know that Im ready to see him whenever hes ready please, thank you.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2019, 01:04:51 PM »

We've rubbed tires all season and still, we have a chance to take the checkered flag. Our season goals don't look great in the rearview mirror, but we can still salvage something from this season. We were swept by Thunder Bay, so I at least expect us to win our next series against them. You brought in help to lower or ERA, so I expect our high team era to correct itself by seasons end, especially if you can bring in another starting pitcher. It's time to go racing into the playoffs, don't let me down son!   

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2019, 03:18:57 PM »
I wont let you down. Ill see what I can do about a trade for a starting pitcher and go from there. The ERA is hurting us but if we can lower it somewhat I think well be in good shape overall.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2019, 03:47:11 PM »

Boogity boogity boogity, let's go racing.... to the playoffs boy!!!   

MR. UNSER JR. LEAVES

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2019, 01:49:47 AM »
Anna, can you send in the coaches please, thank you.

-

Coaches, time to lock in for this week.

Lock in.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2019, 04:42:59 PM »
1. Discuss the latest series. What went right, what went wrong?

"Big series win for us over Tokyo this week. Scott, Perez, Stover, and Altmeyer all played really well. We won the series and we're right back in the Wild Card hunt. Very good play from the team all around. Overall a solid total team effort in this series. Proud of how the team played this week."

2. What are your thoughts on the Ricky Cruz trade?

"I think it was a big mistake to trade Cruz. To put it bluntly, I think it was a bad trade that will help my team make the playoffs because of the fallout that both teams will experience. It's only going to benefit us so I like it in that respect. However, that said, I think it was a bad trade especially for Mexico City."

3. Talk about at least one other piece of news.

"So sad to see more injuries for Noll among others. A lot of injuries this week which is not good. The Costner news story was pretty cool unlike his dad's movies which usually are pretty bad. At least he recreated Field of Dreams instead of Waterworld or The Postman. The Chicago/Golden State game setting the strikeout record was great to watch."

4. Talk about your Week 11 opponent.

"We play Chicago who were in the strikeout record game last week and are a game behind us in the playoff race so this is a must win series for us. It's series we can and will win in order to pad our lead in the wild card race. Making the playoffs is my goal and we've got this in my opinion."

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2019, 12:58:56 AM »

I can smell the playoffs from here!

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2019, 07:27:55 PM »
Me too! Were definitely trending upward as far as this season is going. I hope we can keep up this much momentum against Chicago. I think were going to be good to go against them match up wise. How do you think we match up against them?

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2019, 11:42:45 AM »

I think were close to being the same type of team except we throw our ace in game 1 and they throw their ace in game 3. So this series could more or less come down to Game 2.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2019, 06:10:45 PM »
I agree with that. Should we change anything up to counteract their unique  strategy?

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2019, 12:02:29 AM »

I'll leave that decision up to you.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2019, 06:09:11 PM »
Going to keep it the same. No reason to fix what isnt broken.

Lock in.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2019, 03:07:57 AM »
1. Discuss the latest series. What went right, what went wrong?

"We got a series sweep over Chicago this week. I was so impressed with how our team played. Carlos Maldonado won the Player of the Week award and rightfully so with how he played this series. We had tremendous play with pitching, hitting, and fielding. Fantastic all around play from the entire team. Proud of how the guys played and in my opinion we put the entire league on notice after this especially with taking over the Wild Card lead in our conference."

2. Was the cycle by Alex Morales the most impressive thing this season thus far?

"I'd say yes if it weren't for us sweeping Chicago and Maldonado's impressive performance in that series."

"GM Gravedigger getting called out by the media is hilarious to me. The irony of it happening to someone like him when a GM like me is the usual target is just ironic in my opinion. Seriously championship pedigrees aren't everything when it comes to general managing and I think this is a wake up call to GMs that coasting through the season isn't enough. You have to look after your players and do what's right for your team. That applies to excessive trading and sometimes standing pat when it looks like a strategically bad move. Case in point our team here. We make one trade with the Hammerheads and both teams are benefiting from it. It's all about the big picture both short and long term which is the synopsis of that."

4. Talk about your Week 12 opponent.

"This week we play New Orleans who are fighting for a playoff spot and who I feel are a highly underrated team going by what their situation is GM wise. That said not taking them lightly. I believe we can sweep them but I feel it's going to be a dogfight all three games. I underestimate no one in this league."

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2019, 02:28:12 PM »

Thats what Im talking about! All of sudden theyre not laughing at Indy no more.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2019, 06:27:55 PM »
I agree with that. They never shouldve been laughing at us to begin with. I foresee another sweep this week too. If that happens were looking good as far as the playoffs go.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2019, 09:10:49 PM »

Agree, a great opportunity to put the team in a good position.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2019, 02:08:33 PM »
Agreed about that. The season is winding down and if we win this series were looking like locks for the postseason unless the injury bug strikes. Anything else for me this week before I let you get back to practice?

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2019, 02:09:34 PM »

Nothing else, ready to continue the streak.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2019, 09:27:36 PM »
Sounds good to me. I'll let you get to practice.

---

Anna, can you send in Carlos Maldonado, please. Thank you.

---

Carlos, congratulations on winning the Heartland Conference Player of the Week Award. You played tremendously in our series sweep of Chicago and hardworking players like yourself are why this team is having so much success on the field this season.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2019, 09:28:40 PM »

Love that we're all playing well and we're right back in the thick of the playoffs. Feels good. Thanks boss.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2019, 09:44:13 PM »
You're welcome! Me too. I'm loving what I'm seeing from the team. Everyone is playing fantastic and it's looking good. Looking forward to seeing another sweep this week. I'll let you get back to practice.

---

Anna, can you send in the coaches.

---

Time to lock in and get another series win.

Lock in.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2019, 11:15:41 PM »
1. Discuss the latest series. What needs to improve, if anything?

"Another series win for us and a big one at that. Roger Scott and David Allen both came up huge for us when we needed it. This series was another total team victory for us. This team has been playing as a unified team which is why we've been successful. After our first three series we were tied for last in our division. A few weeks ago we were 9-15. This week we're standing at 18-18 with the second best record in the Heartland Conference. We're also the top team in the Conference over the last 10 games with a 7-3 record in that span. The perseverance, work ethic, determination, and heart of the players and coaching staff is the reason for that. The season is a long way from being over but we're trending upward and will continue to do so until the end of the season. Very proud of what this team has accomplished so far this season."

2. What are your thoughts on the league punishments thus far? Fair or unfair?

"I think they punishments are fair. You participate in fights in games and you get punished for it. Nothing more to say that than."

3. Talk about at least one piece of news.

"The Roadrunner drama seems mild on the outside but it's a sign of issues that are going to be simmering in their clubhouse until they get on the right track. Speaking of that the Explorers need to stop the pranks and get serious if they want to get ahead this season. Not the type of news I feel they'd like to see happening at this point in the season but that's just my opinion. Of course none of our players got any awards. The media can keep underestimating us but this team is a winner. Expect a lot of awards heading to Aeros players as the season progresses. That I can promise you."

4. Talk about your Week 13 opponent.

"This week we play Omaha who is sitting below us in the Wild Card standings so they should be hungry for some wins to get ahead of the other teams in the playoff race. That said they also were involved in the pranking news story this week which to me stems from GM Wrong skipping his presser last week as a protest comments made by Punishers GM Lucas. I've learned in the past that comments made by a GM can have a trickle down effect to a franchise and this is a prime example of this. That said I think it'll be a close series but I do feel we have the momentum going for us and will win it. We need all the series wins we can get to both get into the playoffs and also pass Thunder Bay in the standings. Speaking of that we need to win this series because we play Thunder Bay and Virginia Beach in our next two series so winning this series is paramount to us going into those huge series coming up. That said, we're not overlooking Omaha and will treat this as a series we must win especially considering that Omaha has a good line up overall that will give us a challenge."

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2019, 02:25:32 PM »

Still rolling!

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2019, 08:30:25 PM »
Yes we are! We won another series and are one of the hottest teams in the entire league. I think we're still going to be rolling this week against Omaha who are imploding and pranking each other. I feel we'll win at least two games this series going by what I've seen about them in the press and in their games.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2019, 08:33:43 PM »

The newspapers haven't been too kind to them, that's for sure. But I agree, we should be able to take the series from them.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2019, 08:44:56 PM »
Agreed. Do they have any strengths that could be worrisome for us in this series that we'll have to pay extra attention to?

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2019, 08:49:03 PM »

Not really anything we have to change our strategy for. I think we'll be alright. 

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2019, 09:08:15 PM »
Agreed. I came to the same conclusion just wanted to see if there was anything that I had missed. Let's lock in and get another series win.

Lock in.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2019, 01:53:15 PM »
1. Discuss the latest series. What was your favorite moment of the series?

"To be honest I'm not happy. That was a series we should've won but we didn't which honestly surprises me. We've got two tough series in a row against two of the best teams in the league and we lost our cushion in the playoff race. That said we played tough in all three games and bounced back to get the win in the third game of the series. Proud of how the team responded but still this was a series we should've won. We won't make the same mistake again. This should give us motivation going into the next series so I'm treating as that. Motivation to not repeat this against Thunder Bay."

2. Do you think PBL.com had the award winners right?

"For one thing Carlos Maldonaldo not being in the conversation for the Heartland awards is a travesty of justice. He's playing phenomenally right now. As for the Coastal Conference awards it's a crapshoot. Any of those guys can win it. It's going to be too close to call."

"Tokyo fans wanting GM Kirk back is fascinating. Sounds like a situation of a new GM walking in on a overhyped team and then the team not living up to the hype more than anything he is doing. It's on the team, not him so the fans better realize that before he takes his ball and goes someplace else too just like Kirk did."

4. Talk about your Week 14 opponent.

"This week we play Thunder Bay and I want to win this series. This is our rivalry series so I'm considering it to be a big deal and series we must win to keep pace for both the Wild Card and the Badlands Division crown. Big series for us and I think we will win it."

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2019, 02:31:43 PM »

We blew the pooch in that series...

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 15, 2019, 02:38:12 PM »
Yes we did. Lets hope it doesnt happen again. This series against Thunder Bay is huge for us. We need to win it. Any strategy or depth chart changes we need to make this week, or are we good to go?

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 15, 2019, 03:26:23 PM »

At this point, nothing else we can do. Guys just have to perform.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 15, 2019, 03:45:58 PM »
Alright sounds good. Lets hope they perform this series. Time to lock in.

Lock in.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2019, 09:52:40 PM »
1. Discuss the latest series. Did any player surprise your team or the opponents team?

"I'm disappointed. We should've won at least one game against the Roar but we got swept. The only saving grace is we're still leading in the Wild Card race but the race has tightened because we haven't played well the last two series. We gave up too many runs against Thunder Bay, I'm not expecting a repeat. We HAVE to beat Virginia Beach in order to maintain control in the Wild Card race. The only thing that surprised me was the box scores. Was expecting it to be closer than it was. We have to be better when it counts."

2. Talk about at least one piece of news.

"Sorry to see what happened to Rich Hess. Sounds like a big mess with that situation. I saw what what Ricky Cruz said and he'd better play to his potential to get his team into the playoffs. It's all about getting hot at the right time in the season and hopefully both of our teams get in."

3. Talk about your Week 15 opponent.

"This week we're playing Virginia Beach who has the best record in the league. I'm treating this series just like the last one as a playoff series. We don't have to win this series, we must win this series. I'm expecting nothing but domination from this team. We can beat the Tide. Winning this series can give us the momentum to set up a playoff run. I firmly believe we can beat them. We must stop the Tide otherwise we're going to drown and not have any chance at the playoffs. I emphasize that this is a must win series and it is a series I believe we will win. I believe in this team. The Aeros are going to make a statement this week. I invite you all to come and watch us beat the top team in the league. We've got this."

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2019, 09:54:49 PM »

Putting a lot of pressure on us, I hope we can rise to the occassion.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2019, 10:11:27 PM »
I hope we can too. This series is huge for us. Its all about momentum and we need it badly after being swept. My fear is were on a downward trend and other teams in the Wild Card mix are trending upward. The Tide are a top level team. Are there any weaknesses we can exploit and attack in this series that can help us beat them?

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2019, 10:13:26 PM »

Not really, they have two highly skilled starters and their third has been outstanding this season. They have a shutdown bullpen and they have a solid lineup of hitters. Pretty much as complete as you can get at this level. Are they beatable? Sure... anyone is in baseball. But we'll have to play out of our minds.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2019, 10:19:29 PM »
Honestly I think we can win at least one game against them. We need to honestly because were barely holding on to the top Wild Card spot after the last two series. Speaking of that what happened against Thunder Bay? Did we just get outplayed or was it something we can fix before this series?

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1329
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2019, 10:22:05 PM »

We just got our butts kicked. Simple as that.