Author Topic: TEAM: BROOKLYN PUNISHERS  (Read 5776 times)

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM: BROOKLYN PUNISHERS
« Reply #250 on: October 05, 2019, 02:28:44 AM »
Do you think he is or can be a top of the order guy or is he good where he is at for now until he establishes a rhythm.

GM Jon

• IMPACT BOWL VI AND VII CHAMPION!
  • Prediction Admin / PBL Moderator
  • The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1352
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 05, 2019, 12:21:34 PM »

He has the potential to be a top of the order player, but is probably better off where he is for now.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 05, 2019, 07:20:47 PM »
Coach, we are in full blown evaluation mode so i'm going to leave these next few weeks in your hands. So with that said. Let's get this rolling

COACHES make all decisions.

LOCK IN

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 12, 2019, 11:02:45 AM »

Discuss the latest series.
We got that first win which was great. I'm sure everyone expected a sweep. We played another extremely close game and then got our doors blown off so. It was kinda of what we've been going through all year. either pretty good to hang with anyone or we get our doors blown off. It's a consistency problem I hope to fix int he off season.

What record are you most looking forward to seeing broken?
I'm not concerned with any records being broken, especially since none of our guys are in the running. I wasn't even aware that those records were o attainable. Maybe next season we'll have a few guys there.

What do you want to see from your team over the last few weeks even though the playoffs are not attainable?
Who quits and who keeps plugging away, punching in and working hard. Again I said it before. I would rather have some decent talent that are all heart as oppose to very talented players who punch out when they no longer see a goal at hand.

Talk about your Week 17 opponent?
Another long flight. We have to to London. Jeeeesh. I hope the long flight put's this season in perspective for a lot of our guys. Two series left. We can't end as a .500 team but this team can really show me what they are made of. We are looking to upset some folks and some hard play can really go a long way in helping me and the coaching staff decide the direction we will be going next season. 

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1352
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 12, 2019, 12:29:41 PM »

Might be out of the playoff picture but we can still play spoiler.   

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 12, 2019, 01:17:36 PM »
That's the plan. Let's ruin someones day. Any suggestions how to set this up against London

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1352
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 12, 2019, 01:21:27 PM »

I think what we have set up currently is our best bet.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 13, 2019, 10:51:33 PM »
Ok coach. We got one hell of a trip ahead of us, it will be a longer return if we go out there and stink it up. Let's introduce ourselves to those Kretins and bring some bridges down.

LOCK IN

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 17, 2019, 12:08:25 PM »
Discuss the latest series.
Well, it was nice to take 2 of 3 and knock those tossers off their high horse. Didn't know playing the spoiler could be this entertaining. First two games some real close nail biters that realy gave the fans something to talk about. That last game really was a good way to leave London. It was nice to beat the Knickers out of a team. It's always nice to win a road series. Feels good to take that momentum into the next series.

As you head into the final week of the regular season. What is your own biggest personal takeaway from the season?
Well for the team, we need to find balance. As for myself, communication, not communicating. I think I communicate my thoughts well, but being able to articulate so things don't get so over blown. This past season i speak to you guys like family because in a weird upside down universe you are all family. In my family I know when I say certain things that other don't approve of it gets blown out of proportion even when I am being honest. So like my actual family I have to be more, how do you say, aware of the sensitivity level of those around me. We all have job to do and I have to remember your job is to report and make headlines. So next season, if i'm around, I';ll do better with my tone.

Talk about your Week 18 opponent. Who is the one player you know is going to show up for your club this week.
We face Jacksonville to end this season. They are right above us in the win column but not by any close margin where we can move up so if we can end their season horribly it would be great. As for who will show up, well goddam everyone better show up. Season ain't over and we haven't done anything worth resting for, the off season is around the corner, guys could rest then. We have three games left, I expect us to play them as if though we were in a playoff hunt.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1352
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 17, 2019, 12:58:47 PM »

Now we have a chance to hurt another teams postseason dreams!

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 17, 2019, 09:07:02 PM »
Let's give Brooklyn some to cheer for. It's been a long season coach. Learning experience for both of us. We could really make it a nice little token to take into the of season. I always knew we can hang with those top teams. Next season should be much better. Right now, let's go dust of a seat next to us in the of season for Jacksonville

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1352
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 18, 2019, 11:21:02 AM »

Agreed.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 18, 2019, 12:04:44 PM »
Coach, it's been a pleasure. I'm a better man for having worked along side you and the other coaches. If the boss can see it fit to let me finish what I started. I promise we will be better. with that said, let's lock in.

LOCK IN

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 22, 2019, 09:22:16 PM »
FOR ELIMINATED TEAMS

Discuss the season. What went right? What went wrong? Have you learned anything that will help going into next season?
What went right, well I like the tenacity and toughness this team showed. This team really showed who they were. A lot of players have earned their stay. Well alot went wrong, but the main issue was our inconsistency and the roller coaster ride which was our pitching. e are going to have to take a real good look at our staff moving forward and solidify in the off season. As far as learning anything, well of course, I learned I have to teeter between saying what I want to say and what people want to hear. The hardest thing for me to do is bullshit. I've learned that you guys aren't my friends so I can't just be honest and hope you understand what I mean. I learned that as the media you have a job to do and that job is to make headway and the back page so if I'm going to make the back page it better be for something the fans can get behind.

Who was your team's MVP and why?
Like I have to say it, Esco, who else. He played week in and week out, never any excuses, did the job and as long as he was in the line up we knew we had a chance every game.

Which player disappointed you the most and why?
Well I expected more from guys like Jocobo and Gomez. Our bullpen struggled at the most inopportune times and we didn't have that clutch gene. All these things have to change for us going forward if we want to be successful

How would you grade the job you did this season?
C-. I was going to say D because we really didn't do much of antyhing to move the needle but then again a D would mean I had no impact what so ever and I think I rubbed off on some of these guys. I see the attitude, the swagger and some of guys just down right pissed off. So yeah, I think I brought a little of that brash asshole to the team. We Brooklyn baby!

Who is your pick to lift the Premier Cup?
I wouldn't mind seeing Ricky Cruz carry it. Don't care much for the team but that guys has endured a ton of shit this season.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1352
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 24, 2019, 10:11:25 PM »

A season of lessons learned, but we have work to do with this roster.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 27, 2019, 12:01:49 PM »
Coach, I'm gonna call the other coaches in to get a quick survey. Some ideas from the entire staff...

---

Ms. Michaela can you call in the entire coaching staff.

---

Coaches. Speaking with Coach Mewes, we are in agreement our roster needs an overhaul. I don't have the patience and I'm sure I don't have time time to let draft picks mature on this team for a few seasons. We have an opportunity to land some serious talent and all it will cost us is draft capital. So I would like some input. A wish list per say, player or position wise.

What positions you feel needs the biggest upgrade?

So what does a wish list for each of you look like to get us into the post season?

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1352
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 27, 2019, 12:48:32 PM »

I think we all agree... we need to upgrade in the bullpen and the outfield. Not sure about what you mean in the second question though. Like what players do we want?

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 27, 2019, 01:30:19 PM »
Yes, What soon to be free agents you think could make us better.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1352
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 27, 2019, 02:40:35 PM »

Here is a short list... Hennard, Upson, Moore Murrillo, and Alvarado.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 27, 2019, 04:14:17 PM »
Will put them on the list. I'll let you guys go back to your offices and start finalizing things. I'll catch up with some of the guys before we take our leave. Thank your input.

-----

Ms. Michaels can you get me Ted Esco.

---

Well Ted, long season. I want to thank you for everything you've accomplished on an individual level this season. I know at times i didn't make it easy but I promise you i will see to make the changes we need to be successful. So what's on your mind before we head out.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1352
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 28, 2019, 11:11:15 AM »

Relaxation and working hard to be even better next season.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 30, 2019, 11:07:36 AM »
Great Ted.Walk with me, I am going to the locker room. since everyone is there right now cleaning up I need to deliver a message and ask some questions

---
(Walks into the locker room)

Gentlemen. I wish I was coming in here with a bottle of Champagne to celebrate something but instead I come with a sense of pride. I have pride because we played our asses off this year. We had our ups and downs but that is to be expected when a team was stripped to the bone and then rebuilt. This season showed me a lot. Now before we move on I want people here who want to be here. I don't want to hold anyone hostage. I spoke to the coaches about what we need to do to get better next season and they are on board with making all the moves needed. I want to know who is on-board for the ride. Who is with the Punishers to finish what they started and who feels like it's time to move on. If there is anyone on this team that has a desire to be traded elsewhere or be released so they can find opportunity on a another team please come see me in my office. I know I wrote some checks that you guys had to go out and cash and for that I apologize. This year was a tough one for all of us and it was definitely humbling. This year put a lot into perspective, made me rethink how I deal with you guys, the coaches and the press. I'm not going to change from being the loud mouth I am, but, for now on when I open my mouth I will make sure I put things out there we can all get behind. Now again, I thank you all for leaving it out on the field. I'm going to go to my office. if anyone has anything they would like to talk about as far as employment please come see me. Thank you.

---
(Goes back to his office)

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1352
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 30, 2019, 03:50:07 PM »
NOBODY WALKS INTO YOUR OFFICE, OPTING FOR VACATION INSTEAD, YOU SIT THERE ALL ALONE... until...

Give me a raise or I'm going on vacation too.

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 30, 2019, 07:35:28 PM »
I don't even know what you make.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1352
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 31, 2019, 12:40:16 AM »
MISS MICHAELS STORMS OUT!!!!

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 31, 2019, 09:31:57 AM »
(Phoneix JR walks to Ms. Michaels office)

Hey, I know you might be pissed, but I didn't hire you, the boss did. How would I know what you make? It's him you have to get a raise from not me. Now, speaking of the boss, you gonna call him or am I. Let me know, I'll be in my office.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1352
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 01, 2019, 10:28:19 AM »
ON YOUR WAY TO TALK TO MS. MICHAELS, YOU RUN INTO A LARGE MUSCULAR FRAMED MAN, YOUR HEAD BOUNCES OFF HIS PECS AND SENDS YOU CRASHING TO THE CANVAS. AS YOU LOOK UP, YOU MAKE OUT THE FAINT IMAGE OF MR. CASTIGLIONE.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 10:28:25 AM by GM Jon »

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 01, 2019, 11:15:48 AM »
(Phoenix looks up) Been hitting the gym lately? (Phoenix Jr stands up and fixes his tie andadjust himself) I take it you were coming to see me, I know you wanted to speak to me before we head out. Let's head to my office.

(Phoenix turns and walks into his office) You should talk to Ms.Michael's, she's under the impression I pay her salary. (Phoenix Jr Sits behind his desk and lifts up the lid to his jelly bean jar) Jelly Bean?

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1352
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 02, 2019, 04:27:05 PM »
TTHE SOUND OF A LOUD GRUNT IS HEARD...

I don't know what happened this season, kid. I'm disappointed... yeah? I'm not a bad guy, kid. I want to be a champion as much as anyone else. But I can't let you keep failing me. You will get one more season, don't make me regret it.   

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 02, 2019, 04:34:42 PM »
Fair enough. Thank you for the opportunity try and right this ship. Coach gave me a wish list. The guys in the locker room seem to be on board. Iíll get to it. I have some cuts to make and then we can go into the offseason and start building this team.

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1352
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 02, 2019, 04:35:57 PM »
YOU GET A GRUNT IN RESPONSE

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 09, 2019, 01:22:31 AM »
Thank you. I'll get with coach and finalize things before we head out. I know you are a busy man so I'll call in coach if it's cool with you.

--

Coach, any advice or ideas you would like to share before I wrap this up and we go into the draft?

GM Jon

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1352
  • Quiffy
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 11, 2019, 10:20:39 AM »

Nope.