Author Topic: Philadelphia Freedom  (Read 582 times)

GM Justin

• Supreme Basketball Alliance sim Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
Philadelphia Freedom
« on: July 08, 2018, 10:04:10 PM »
Philadelphia Freedom

Owner: Charles Parkley
Team Assistant: Ms. Free

Team History:
Charles Parkley was a former professional basketball player in the NBA where he made a lot of money as a tough game.  He also has known to been a big gambler and over the years as accumulated himself a nice fortune.  Not wanting to full get away from the game that he loves, Mr. Parkley started the Philadelphia Freedom, in the same city where he once starred as a player.  Despite never winning a championship as a player, Mr. Parkley has put together a great team over the first three SBA seasons, including the Season 2 SBA Champions.  Winning a championship has gotten him pumped about the game even more and wants a General Manger that will win and win now.

Season 1: 23-19
Season 2: 31-11 (SBA Champions)
Season 3: 31-11 (Conference Finals)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 11:52:56 PM by GM Justin »

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
Re: Philadelphia Freedom
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 09:03:11 AM »

Listen here dummies...don't waste my team applying for the General Manager position if you can't win.  If you're not a winner and you waste my time applying, I will be sure that we kick your asses during the season of whatever crappy team hires you.  I'm a gambling man, but I'm no fool.  I only bet on things I'm sure of. Now with that being said, let's get this party started.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 11:53:14 PM by GM Justin »

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 11:54:36 PM »

I just finished last at the American Century Championship, but that won't effect shit on the basketball court.  Especially since I just hired Cory as the new General Manager of the Freedom.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 08:04:18 PM »

Hello GM Cory, I'm Ms. Free, the team assistant.  Myself and Mr. Parkley believe that you will lead us to the promise land.  Here is our current team sheet.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 03:42:44 PM »
Thank you very much for that information Ms. Free, I appreciate it and nice to finally make your acquaintance. Could you please send Coach Lewis up here, please?

--

Coach Lewis, I'm GM Cory and I'm your new GM. Very excited to be here and to continue to make Philadelphia one of the most respect and feared franchises in the SBA. Can you tell me a little about yourself and our coaching staff?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 04:15:19 PM »

GM Cory, I like the way you are thinking already.  I believe we can create ourselves quite the dynasty. As for myself, I'm am an all around type of coach.  I've spent my time as a coach honing all of my skills as opposed to trying to become perfect at one particular trait. 

Coach Thomas is a defensive guru, but also has a great strategic mind and is very good with player development.  Coach Harvey and Coach Jackson are more all-around like myself and good quality coaches.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 06:27:24 PM »
I like the jack of all trades, master of none approach...a well-rounded Coach, in my opinion, is more suited to be able to make critical adjustments v/s having a one track mind approach to the game. I look forward to speaking with the coaches individually as we get ready for the season opener but tell me a little about our roster. I've heard the hype behind Yuksel before I even stepped through the door. We have a plethora of bigs on the roster at the moment as well.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 07:06:33 PM »

As you've mentioned we have a plethora of bigs that we will obviously need to cut down on as we shape our roster.  Luckily, some of them should be good trade bait.  Overall, we are a young team that has proven to be very good thus far, but it comes with its challenges.  Here is my breakdown;

Korey Wall, just made the All-Star team this past season and is a two time All-Defense 2nd Team.  He's an excellent passer with great vision.  He can create for himself or others off the dribble drive.  He is a very good rebounder for a point guard and someone of his stature...in fact, I would say great as he averaged 7.2 rebounds last season and he's only 5'11".  He's got quick hands and reads the passing lanes like a seasoned vet.  He's got amazing creativity and anticipation though he lacks range on his shot. 

Kenny McMaster is an intriguing player.  There are times we can light up the scoreboard, but there are times when he just completely disappears and you forget he's on the court.  He's a good three point shooter, but doesn't look to drive to the basket enough.  He does have excellent foot speed and overall quickness, which can make him a tough defensive player. 

Derron Bonner is a decent scorer, but has to prove that he can score against elite level athletes.  He's a great ball handler for his position, especially in the open court as he played a lot of guard growing up before he hit his growth spurt.  Decent on-ball defender that can create turnovers.

Adrian Braswell has solid fundamentals and good mechanics. Spectacular dunker and his explosiveness and quickness getting of the ground is unparalleled. He's tough on the boards and understands the game.

Ergin Yuksel..what can I say..he's great all-around.  Excellent athlete with good touch, gets to the line well and is a good free throw shooter.  He can make the necessary pass out of the low post and is a scrappy rebounder.  He's intimidating on the defensive side of the ball and is a 3 time All-Defense 1st Team and 2-time Defensive Player of the Year. 

David Kouser is young and needs development.  He's a decent defender who can block some shots.  Needs all kinds of help on his offensive skills.

Brian Lightfoot is arguably the best dunker in the league.  He's got decent vision and passing skills.  He's a team player and understands how to play the game.  Though he is somewhat disruptive in the locker room. 

Antonio Harris is another great dunker who can put on a show for the fans.  He gets great position to grab rebounds.  Very good defender who smothers on the ball.  A good, young player who will get better with playing time.

Marquel Lindsey is yet again another dunker on the team.  He's got a good jump shot and is a solid rebounder.  Despite his size, he's not a physical player down low, but more of a finesse player.  Averaged 13.4 ppg and 6.9 rpg so would be great off the bench or you might can get some thing via trade.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 07:33:53 PM »
Looking at our depth my guess is Harris and Lindsay have the best trade value, and I'm currently looking at SG to be our top trade target.

So my questions to you would be:

- Could McMaster be better utilized as a 6th man v/s starting?
- Are there players outside of Wall and Yuksel that would be "off-limits" to trading say based off their reputation, former captaincy, etc.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 08:04:19 PM »

I would agree that Harris and Lindsay would fetch the most via trade.  I'm a fan of having McMaster as a 6th man.  With some further development he could be a good scoring threat off the bench.  I would say that Yuskel is the only "off-limits" player, though I'm in no way ready for us to trade Wall.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 09:10:15 PM »
You mentioned that Lindsey averaged 13ppg and almost 7 rebounds last season, was that all off the bench?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 09:15:21 PM »

Off the bench.  He saw the court as one of the first two guys off the bench and make the most of his minutes.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 10:23:30 PM »
If you don't mind me asking what kind of production did Antonio Harris offer last season? Before we start seeing if we can move pieces around I'd like to know what kind of production we'd need to replace.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2018, 09:08:32 AM »

He are our stats from last season for our current players.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2018, 10:30:41 AM »
So judging by our stats there's a whole lotta good in there Coach, with the only real weakness I can tell is we didn't get much distribution from anyone not named Korey Wall. What would you say was the team's weakness last season?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2018, 10:46:14 AM »

There is definitely a lot of good in there.  Biggest issue was 3-point shooting.  We weren't good enough shooting from deep and keeping opposing defenses honest.  If we can knock down more 3s this season we should be in good shape.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2018, 02:10:27 PM »
We'll make that a priority for sure Coach, by trade or by draft.

So with the list of free agents going to be provided this evening by the league, do we have anyone of note that is set to be on that list? Are the players from the depth chart Ms. Free gave me that had 1yr left on their deal impending free agents?

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2018, 11:30:23 AM »
NVM, I can now see how its working out.

Coach we've acquired SG Rodney Jacobson from Memphis in exchange for Antonio Harris. I liked what you told me about Harris's defensive capabilities but our depth at center I don't know if he'd get the minutes to develop as quickly as he should. Jacobson has a reputation of having a great 3pt shot and I think the competition between him and McMaster for starter/6th man will only make both of them better.

What say you?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2018, 12:00:50 PM »

I'm a fan of the trade.  We obviously have a huge logjam of centers so shipping on out for a good, young player is a very good deal. 

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2018, 01:40:53 PM »
Excellent, I'm glad to hear that.

While we get ready to finalize our scouting, I wanted to ask you about one of our free agents (SF) Brian Lee. He's currently our only RFA, and at 37 years old would most likely be featured in a limited capacity. What's your opinion on Lee, outside of his immense experience?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2018, 08:17:59 AM »

He started all 42 games last season and played 32 minutes a game, so despite his age he is reliable and durable.  He averaged 10.9 points and 4.8 rebounds a game, so his production is till serviceable. 

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2018, 10:48:36 PM »
Alright, we'll certainly be open to contract negotiations with him and his agent. Thanks for the info Coach, We'll be in touch again shortly.

--

Ms. Free could you send Coach Thomas up here, please?

--

Coach Thomas nice to finally meet you, I'm GM Cory the new boss in town. After speaking with Coach Lewis and he spoke very highly of you. A defensive guru and complimented your player development skills. Would you say that you had a better success rate in developing certain positions or do you believe you can develop all positions at a high level?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2018, 04:25:00 PM »

It's a pleasure to meet you GM Cory, I look forward to working with you.  I can develop all positions...it's all about knowing the player's weaknesses and training them and working them hard.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2018, 07:48:31 PM »
Excellent to hear, the more positions of expertise the better. We have a few prospects we're excited about in the upcoming draft and if we can bring them into Philly I'm looking forward to seeing how much you'll be able to get out of them. Thanks for taking time to stop in, I'll let you get back to enjoying your off-season.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2018, 09:31:10 AM »

Thank you, sir.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2018, 10:55:45 AM »
Ms. Free could we get Willie Williams representation on the line, please?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2018, 09:25:31 AM »

3 years, $5.5mm

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2018, 11:19:38 AM »
Sounds good to me Mr. Rosenhaus. Could I speak with Willie and welcome him to Philly?

--

Willie very excited to have you here in Philadelphia! Everyone in this building was very impressed with your skill set and we were thrilled to be able to add you to our squad via the draft. We have some great coaches and some great players that together we'll be able to make everyone's game that much better. How's it feel to be a member of the Philadelphia Freedom?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2018, 11:54:30 AM »

Good to meet you GM Cory.  I'm excited to be a part of a winning culture.  I can't wait to get started.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2018, 10:15:36 AM »
Excellent man, I can't wait to see you in camp. I wanted to ask you about your comfortability at either spot in the backcourt. We already know your skill set and where you currently excel...it's why we made you our first round pick....but I wanted to see where your confidence is at. Do you see yourself as purely a point guard or a player who can play both spots?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2018, 08:14:31 AM »

We have a scoring point guard in Wall so I can slide over to the two guard if need be at times.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2018, 10:17:59 AM »
That's excellent to hear Willie, we'll be using that flexibility throughout the season. I'll let you get settled, and remember if you need anything my door is always open.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2018, 10:38:29 AM »
Ms. Free can we get in touch with Courtland Simpkins representation, please?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2018, 04:38:58 PM »

That's me too.  2 years $1mm

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2018, 06:26:15 PM »
Excellent, deal. Pleasure as always.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2018, 09:53:44 PM »
Ms. Free could you get me on the line with PF Maurice Durham's agent?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2018, 10:37:10 AM »

He has agreed to a contract elsewhere

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2018, 11:20:10 AM »
Damn, okay. Ms. Free are we still operating on the Season 3 PR budget? There's a few undrafted free agents I'd like to take a look at with our remaining budget.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2018, 11:49:01 AM »

Yes, you can still submit scouting.  Hurry up though

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2018, 02:35:36 PM »
Ok, will get that in ASAP.

Meanwhile, can I get on the line with (SF) Jerod Walker's representation please?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2018, 12:24:43 PM »

GM Cory, what can I do for you, sir.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2018, 06:57:54 PM »
We'd like to bring Jerod in on a 3yr $250k deal.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2018, 07:46:21 PM »
Deal

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2018, 09:07:12 PM »
Ms. Free could we get in touch with Korey Wall's representation, please?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2018, 08:42:58 AM »

GM Cory, what can I do for you?

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2018, 06:49:28 PM »
Mrs. Molina, thanks for taking this meeting.

Korey is in the final year of his deal and we'd like to hammer out a deal to keep him here long term before the season begins. Starting at the beginning of the season I'd like to offer Korey a 3yr extension worth $13m and we'll keep his $1m PR.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2018, 11:46:26 AM »

My client accepts.

GM Cory

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2018, 12:33:26 PM »
Line Up/Minutes:
PG: Korey Wall - 32
SG: Rodney Jacobson - 26
SF: Derron Bonner - 31
PF: Adrian Braswell - 32
C: Ergin Yuksel - 34
6th Man: Kenny McMaster (SG) - 23
7: Marquel Williams (C) - 20
8: Willie Williams (PG) - 19
9: Brian Lee (SF) - 18
10: Courtland Simpkins (PG) - 5
11: Jerod Walker (SF) - 0
12: David Kouser (C) - 0

Offense:
Coaches Decision

Team Captains:
1. Ergin Yuksel
2. Korey Wall

Training:
1. Kenny McMaster - Ball Handling
2. Korey Wall - Shooting
3. Willie Williams - Steals

PR Campaigns:

Korey Wall [$1m PR] - "The Wall" -- TV Ad Campaign that will highlight just how dynamic Korey Wall is given his 5'11" height. Highlights of him out-rebounding much taller players, have a CGI brick wall come up between him and his opponent every time he grabs an offensive rebound.

Rodney Jacobson [$1m PR] - "Jacobs Ladder" -- Local billboard ad campaign drawing the comparisons between the 'ladder' taking you from earth and heaven to Rodney Jacobson's arrival from Memphis this offseason being the ladder from losing in the Conference Finals last year and taking the 'ladder' to become SBA Champions. Visually it can be represented by Rodney climbing a ladder with the SBA title in the heavens.

Derron Bonner [$2m PR] ~

[$500k] - "Double Double For Derron" -- Anytime A player has a Double/Double performance during a home game, 2 fans will receive a Derron Bonner jersey.

[$500k] - "A Day In The Life: Derron Bonner" -- A Webseries chronicling some of the moments of Derron's offseason and training camp as he (and the team) look to bounce back from losing in the Conference Finals and try and make a push to become SBA Champions once again.

[$1m] - "The City of Brotherly Bonner" -- A TV ad campaign to get some hype for the upcoming Freedom season around the city. It will feature Bonner doing all of the traditional Philadelphia touristy things, from making/eating a cheesesteak at Genos, running the Art Museum Steps dressed in Rocky attire, and it'll finish with Bonner at a local basketball court taking recreational players to school.

LOCK IN

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2018, 05:54:04 PM »

GM Cory, here is our team sheet.  Mr. Parkley wanted me to inform you that your season goal is to WIN THE SBA CHAMPIONSHIP.