Author Topic: Memphis Jazz  (Read 384 times)

GM Justin

• Supreme Basketball Alliance sim Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
Memphis Jazz
« on: July 08, 2018, 10:08:56 PM »
Memphis Jazz

Owner: Bobby Armstrong
Team Assistant: Ms. Blues

Team History:
Bobby Armstrong is a world-renowned jazz musician, in fact he is widely considered the greatest jazz musician in the world.  Mr. Armstrong has spent his entire adult life on the road doing shows, performances, important events, etc. and was hardly ever home.  Despite not having an interest in sports, his ownership of the Memphis Jazz stems from his wanting to be able to connect with his two sons.  Not only did they not see a lot of their father, but the boys don't like jazz music so it has always been hard for Mr. Armstrong to connect with his boys.  Therefore, he decided to own a professional basketball team in an effort to connect with his two sons.  Only problem is Mr. Armstrong knows next to nothing about basketball and his franchise has been terrible, to say the least.  However, given his talents and success as a musician, Mr. Armstrong has grown weary of being associated with a loser and is willing to invest his energy and resources to put together a competitive team going forward.

Season 1: 14-28
Season 2: 11-31
Season 3: 14-28
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 12:31:52 PM by GM Justin »

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
Re: Memphis Jazz
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 10:51:27 PM »

I'm going to cut right to the chase....this team is bad and always has been.  I don't know squat about basketball, but I am tired of having my name attached to something that sucks so bad.  I know this team needs a complete rebuild and I am willing to give a General Manager the leeway to be able to come in and rebuild this franchise.  Let's make music together, ba..ba..baby!

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 12:32:59 PM »

I have hired Eli to be the General Manager of the Memphis Jazz.  We believe he will lead us to success.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 06:17:23 PM »

Hello GM Eli, I'm Ms. Blues, the team assistant.  Here is our current team sheet.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 01:36:56 PM »
Thanks, Ms. Blues. It's a pleasure to meet you and I look forward to working with you over the course of the next few years. Would you mind asking Coach Adams to gather his staff together and meet with me, please?

----

Coach Adams, it's good to finally be able to meet you and your staff. If you don't mind I'd like to skip the pleasantries and get right down to business. Would you mind giving me a breakdown of what your, and your coaching staffs, strengths are? Where does your focus lie?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 10:10:17 AM »

GM Eli, I like your style already, let's just get straight to business.  I'm a strategist and an offensive and defensive guru, but my biggest strength is defense.  Coach Harrington is great at strategy as well and is very good defensive coach, though he knows his offense as well.  Coach Gamble is a solid coach whose strength is on offense.  Coach Felton is an okay coach, not good in any one thing.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 10:51:04 AM »
Appreciate the honesty, Coach. What is your opinion of the players we currently have on the roster? I imagine you have a breakdown of their stats from last season on hand.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 02:51:18 PM »

Here are the stats from our current players this past season.  I will give you some time to look over them then give you my analysis.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 11:55:37 AM »
Thanks. I've got some initial thoughts but I'll wait for you to give me your analysis and then see how our thinking lines up.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 11:05:42 PM »

Miron Olichwierczuk is a young shooting guard, but he is solid.  I believe he can lead our team at the position for years to come, so e should lock him up if possible. Rodney Jacobsen is young and solid as well.  Olichwierczuk is our starter, but I believe Jacobsen would be a good candidate for sixth man.  He's a good outside shooter that can stretch the floor for us. 

DeWolfe is a solid veteran who provides leadership. At this point in his career he is better served coming off the bench, but his veteran status is beneficial.  Ben Persinger is a solid role player who has good length that allows him to be a solid defender.  Frank McCarter is a deep bench guy who provides good veteran leadership. 

Despite his age, Joshua Mueller is still producing.  Averaged 23.2 points and 7.1 rebounds per game last season as an undersized center.  He is expensive, but if you decide to keep him I believe he is worth riding out the rest of his contract from a production standpoint.

In the event we do not upgrade at the center position, I believe we could be okay with Jason Dooling starting at center and Mueller sliding to the power forward position.  Dooling is more of a rotational guy, but again, if we need him to start I think we could swing it. He's got good size and length.  He attacks the rim and attacks the glass. 

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 12:59:19 PM »
Ms. Blues, would you get me in touch with Kevin Camby's representation, please. When you have a moment.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 02:23:19 PM »

GM Eli, my man! Let's talk Kevin Camby...4 years $9.5mm, $3mm PR

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2018, 03:08:22 PM »
I'm comfortable with that. Done deal.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2018, 01:47:34 PM »
Ms. Blues could we please get Torrey McCarthy's agent on the phone.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 09:26:28 AM »

My man!  I'm back...3 years, $3.5mm

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 09:45:16 AM »
It's like destiny that you and I were meant to work together. I accept that deal. Have a good day, Eli.

----

Ms. Blues, would you please get David Hinton's agent on the line for me.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 10:06:39 AM »

3 years, $3mm

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 10:14:06 AM »
Deal. Thank you Mike.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 10:51:38 AM »
Ms. Blues could you get Miron Olichwierczuk's agent on the phone please.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2018, 07:56:29 AM »

What can I do for you GM Eli?

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2018, 08:50:20 AM »
I'd like to extend Miron's contract and have him locked in here in Memphis for the foreseeable future. What's it going to take to get that done?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2018, 09:08:57 AM »

4 years, $9mm, and $1mm PR will get my client to sign.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2018, 11:20:58 AM »
Deal. Good working with you.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2018, 10:48:29 AM »

Sir, do you need any information before you lock-in?

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2018, 05:29:18 PM »
Yes, actually. Would you send a message down to coach and ask him for a minute of his time. Have a question about our lineup.

----

Coach, I know you're busy. Just wanted to get your opinion on our point guard situation. Who do you want in the starting lineup, and who do you want to come off the bench? Is Camby good enough to start right away, or would a year coming off the bench do him good?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2018, 11:44:27 AM »

I believe Camby is good enough that we could plug him in as our starter if need be.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2018, 10:04:54 AM »
Thanks coach. One more thing. Is there anyone else on our roster you would identify as having leadership qualities outside of Michel DeWolfe?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2018, 02:20:07 PM »

Isenhour.

GM Eli

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2018, 09:51:01 AM »

Lineup/Minutes

PG: Mike Isenhour | 24
SG: Miron Olichwierczuk | 32
SF: Todd Simmons | 32
PF: Ben Persinger | 32
C: Antonio Harris | 35

6th: PG Kevin Camby | 24
7th: SF Michel DeWolfe | 16
8th: PF Frank McCarter | 16
9th: SF Torrey McCarthy | 16
10th: PF David Hinton | 13
11th: PG Aaron McNeil | 0
12th: SF Maurice Wilkerson | 0

Offense:
Coaches Decision

Team Captains:
Michel DeWolfe & Mike Isenhour

PR Campaigns:

PG Mike Isenhour - $1MM - The Isen “Hour”
$1MM - Regional Radio and television marketing campaign featuring Mike Isenhour, focused on the statement “my hour has come” emphasizing his starting role on the team and his captaincy of the unit. As the add comes to a conclusion, his voice will ring out to say that it’s not only his hour, but that whole team’s as well. Together, they’re going to make sweet music.

PG Kevin Camby - $3.5MM - Smooth As Jazz
$1MM - A weekly episodic vlog produced by the Memphis Jazz that will given fans an insiders look at the highs (and if there are any, lows) of the 2nd overall pick’s first season. Highlights will include locker room interactions, one on one interviews, and a courtside glimpse at the communication between teammates and coaches in the biggest moments of the Jazz’s games this season.

$1MM - Marketing campaign utilizing every avenue available (billboards, print, radio, television and internet) to both promote and hype Memphis’ latest acquisition through the draft. Early in the season these campaigns will feature highlights from his collegiate career in Knoxville. As the season progresses, though, photographs and video clips will be taken of the highlights he’s sure to make while having an impact on the team. The overall theme will be that he’s “Home Grown” since he played his college ball just a few hours across the state.

$500K - “Camby’s Corner” - One corner of the arena will be dedicated to celebrating and hyping the latest rooke draft pick. Fans seated in the corner sections designated as “Camby’s Corner” will receive printed out signs to hold up during the game, or carboard cutouts of Kevin Camby’s face to hold over their own or wave around during game time. If, at the end of the game, Kevin Camby is the leading scorer the fans will be able to redeem their game tickets for ten dollars off merchandise in the team shop.

$500K - “Cooking with Camby” - A local morning television segment once a week on WMC-TV (the NBC affiliate in Memphis) where the owner and founder of the Memphis Bar-B-Q company will come in and work with Kevin on preparing, and cooking, various items.

$500K - One night during the season will be dedicated as Kevin Camby bobblehead night where the first 10,000 fans through the gates will receive a unique Kevin Camby bobblehead to take home with them.

SG Miron Olichwierczuk - $1MM - The Polish Prodigy
$500K - An advertising campaign with Nike simply with a picture of his face that says “Be the best your country has even seen, even when everyone else says it’s impossible” to fit in with their current advertising campaign featuring Colin Kapernick.

$500K - “Oli Oops!” - Signature Pre-Game video series in the same vein as the old MTV show “Punk’d” where Miron and a production crew set up their fellow teammates to play various pranks on them.

SF Todd Simmons - $2MM - Simmering Simmons
$1MM - “Boiling Point” - While some have said that Todd Simmons attitude is a detriment, this television advertising campaign will be dedicated to putting a positive spin on his attitude. Instead it will focus on intense moments in games and show case things like him getting fired up or him getting in the faces of opposing players, or celebrating big shots that he made. “Friction” by Imagine Dragons will be used as the background music to build the tension of the commercial.

$500K - Post game bonus that will see the fans receive 50% off their order on Saturday’s and Sunday’s at Zaxby’s anytime Todd Simmons shoots over 50% from the field during home games.

$500K - Todd Simmons Fat Head night. One night during the season the first 2500 fans who make it through the gate will receive a special edition Todd Simmons fathead for their wall.

Training:

Kevin Camby - Intelligence
Torrey McCarthy - Steal
Torrey McCarthy - Shot Blocking

LOCK-IN
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 09:53:14 AM by GM Eli »