Author Topic: Denver Peaks  (Read 275 times)

GM Justin

• Supreme Basketball Alliance sim Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
Denver Peaks
« on: July 08, 2018, 10:14:04 PM »
Denver Peaks

Owner: Amaretto Gold
Team Assistant: Jay

Team History:
Amaretto Gold has been a highly successful corporate lawyer for years.  As an avid sports fan, Mr. Gold has been to many sporting events, met many athletes and celebrities.  He has also served as the attorney for some of those same people in certain business dealings.  It was only natural that he would one day own a sports team.  Despite his firm being in New York City, Mr. Gold loves the rocky mountains and has a home in Denver.  He is the best at what he does as a lawyer and his team is the best in the Supreme Basketball Alliance, having made the SBA finals all three seasons and winning the champion two out of the three seasons.  Mr. Gold expects nothing but excellence and wants a General Manager that is going to do what it takes to get the job done.

Season 1: 32-10 (SBA Champions)
Season 2: 31-11 (SBA Finals)
Season 3: 25-17 (SBA Champions)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 12:44:47 PM by GM Justin »

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
Re: Denver Peaks
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 09:20:45 AM »

I'm a winner, plain and simple.  I don't like to lose, plain and simple.  Don't waste my time by applying if you can't win, plain and simple.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 12:43:40 PM by GM Justin »

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 11:09:03 AM »

The Peaks are going to become a dynasty, plain and simple.  Adam Wrong is our man.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 12:44:13 PM by GM Justin »

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 04:06:54 PM »

GM Wrong, I am Jay, the team assistant.  We believe that you will turn our team into a dynasty.  Here is our current team sheet.

GM Adam Wrong

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 01:41:35 AM »
Top stuff. Thanks for your assistance.

Bill Brown please. Bill, I'm your new GM Adam Wrong and I am looking forward to working with you and this outstanding team. Tell me a little about it and our strengths and weaknesses

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 11:45:39 AM »

GM Wrong, I look forward to working with you as well.  Our team has top talent and not so top talent.  We obviously expect to win a championship again, so with our budget, we might have to get creative, but I'm sure you will have a plan.  In the meantime, this is how our team breaks down:

Cory Wells is the reigning SBA MVP, a 3-time All-Star, All-Star Game MVP.....in other words a BEAST.  Last season averages were 31.2 ppg, 10.7 apg, and 8 rpg....nearly averaged a triple-double.  As for his game, he has superior vision and passing ability.  He uses his change of direction well to get defenders off-balance.  Has quick hands and reads the passing lanes and can create turnovers.  Above average IQ and knows the game very well.  He's 32, but is still a physical specimen that is great shape. 

Estell Hill is a 3-time All-Star who is is great at setting up shots for himself and has mastered the use of the pump fake to draw fouls.  He will spread the floor, causing the defense to stretch out.  Good free throw shooter, good passer, and overall good perimeter defender.  Just an all-around solid player.

Luke McKie is a 3-time All-Star and 3-time All Defense 1st Team.  He's a great defender due to his length, possibly the best defender in the league.  Good shot blocker and has a knack for getting steals.  On the offensive side of the ball, he is smooth post player and a decent passer for his size.  Excellent rebounder who attacks the glass hard.  He's an impressive talent that is wise beyond his years in regards to talent, but I will warn you, he's not the most personable guy and is known to be disruptive at times.

Edgar Littman is undersized height wise for the center position.  He's an inconsistent player overall, but he is a banger that battles for every rebound and loose ball.  He will be nothing more than a role player in the league.

Pete Moss is young and still needs development. He's an above average defender, but his offensive skills need work.

Keith Brown has a nice repertoire of moves in the paint and is a solid defender with great potential.  He runs the floor well and it is rare to find a player with this type of size, speed, and strength combination.  He averaged 4.9 ppg and 6.2 rpg last season, but I think he could possible produce more with more playing time.

GM Adam Wrong

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 03:54:19 PM »
So we mostly need a small forward and some bench depth to go into the next season? Could we thrive sufficiently with our current centre set up??

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 04:19:07 PM »

We need to upgrade at shooting guard, not small forward.  And no, I don't think we can survive long term with our current centers.  I believe we can try and give Brown some training this offseason and hopes he makes enough strides to be solid for us.  I think we could afford to try that for this upcoming season if you're not able to get a good enough upgrade.  Our bench depth will be key to our continued success. 

GM Adam Wrong

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 04:30:26 PM »
What happened to the rest of this championship winning team? Are they in the free agency? Would they be worth looking at?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 04:36:55 PM »

Yes, sir they are in free agency.  They are restricted free agents, so we will get first dibs on them.  Free agency is after the draft so when the time comes we can discuss which ones we should try and retain and which ones we can let walk.

GM Adam Wrong

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 06:29:33 AM »
With the draft coming to an end, would you like to discuss players we should considering endeavouring to hold on to?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 08:24:43 AM »

I believe Nurse and Schwarz are worth keeping.  Nurse is a great 6th man for us, but we have to prepared that someone will offer him starter money.

GM Adam Wrong

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 09:13:01 AM »
Perfect. Thank you for your advice

Jay, can you confirm my financials before I bandy about money I cannot afford?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 09:14:41 AM »
$18mm in salary and $6mm in PR

GM Adam Wrong

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2018, 01:53:17 PM »
Jay,

I have been made aware from the news (mumbles under his breat - "but not from you...") That an offer has been made to Mr Nurse.

Can you please inform all those necessary that I will be matching that deal

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 10:49:23 AM »

Sir, do you need any information before you lock-in?

GM Adam Wrong

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2018, 04:08:18 AM »
All good man. Just working on my lock in and making a cut

GM Adam Wrong

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 12:04:29 PM »
Denver Peaks Lock In Details

Lineup -

PG: Cory Wells - 32mins
SF: Estell Hill - 30mins
PF: Luke McKie - 32mins
SG: Eddie Rhodes - 28mins
C: Bobby Searcy - 24mins
6th: Dusty Nurse (SF) - 16mins
7th: Manfried Schwarz (C) - 16mins
8th: Scott Moore (SG) - 12mins
9th: Ervin Smith (PG) - 12mins
10: Jamar Oconner (PF) - 10mins
11th: BJ Hooks (PG) - 8mins
12th: Oliver Hackett (C) - 5mins
13th: Jevin Webb (SF) - 5mins
14th: Tim Tenys (SG) - 5mins
15th: Brandon Tenys (PF) - 5mins

Offense -- Coaches’ Call:

Team Captains - Cory Wells & Luke McKie

PR -

Cory Wells (5million):
2million: Charity - ‘Get Wells Soon’ - Local Children’s hospitals will benefit from donations that come from this fund in the name of Cory Wells. He will also make hospital appearances and become a patron of these establishments.

1million: “Wells Bells” - During certain games, every time that Cory drops a 3 pointer, the fans will ring bells in celebration at home games.

1million: “Cory Crew” - Along with the bells, fans have a choice to be a part of the ‘Cory Crew’ with assorted merchandise available to purchase as well as a particular section of the arena dedicated to Cory who will hold up an oversized version of his jersey which will be available at the end of the season.

500k: “Wishing Wells” - Viral Ad campaign where a Wishing Well is set up outside the arena where fans make wishes into it and Cory appears behind them to surprise them.

500k: “Win With Wells” - Cory endorsed competition where all programmes will come with a scratchcard on which purchasers can win an assortment of merchandise.

Luke McKie (2million):
1million: Ad Campaign (Multiple Media Formats) “Luke at Me Now” . An interview with Luke chronicling his history growing up and the importance of his school coaching. He addresses doubters that he could be the star that he is today and talks about working hard to prove the doubters wrong. This will then be pushed onto schools in the Denver area where Luke will discuss his success and encourages kids to follow their dreams.

500k: Ad Campaign (Multiple Media Formats) “The McKie to Victory”. A series of clips from an interview with Luke as he discusses his passion for the game, his history with Denver and his desire for further glory. This is interspersed with highlights from previous seasons with Denver and will give great promotion for Luke.

500k: Competition - “No Look Luke” - A Half-time competition done in the name of Luke where competitors have to complete tasks blindfolded in order to win various prizes.

Eddie Rhodes (2million):
1million: Ad Campaign (Multiple Media Formats) “All Rhodes Lead to Victory.” We are shown a long, seemingly deserted road. A figure walks down the road with a bag over his shoulder and a ball in his hand. He looks at a ‘Welcome to Denver’ and the camera pans up to reveal that it is Eddie Rhodes as a smile creeps across his face and he dribbles the ball a little as his voice plays over his showcasing.

“The Peaks is a franchise all about winners. It has bred a winning attitude for years now and that was what I wanted to be a part of. I am coming to Denver to show all of you that what you have right here… is another winner and that all roads in Denver… lead to victory.”

500k: “All Rhodes Lead to Victory” T-Shirt and merchandise. T-Shirts, hats, stationary etc will be available to promote the above ad campaign.

500k: “The Rhodes Code” Competition. A viral ad campaign / competition where a series of cryptic clues will be given pertaining to things associated with Denver Peaks and Eddie Rhodes in particular. The winner will receive a cash prize presented to them by Eddie Rhodes.

Training -
Eddie Rhodes: Ball Handling
BJ Hooks: Shooting
Oliver Hackett: Intelligence

LOCK IN