Author Topic: Albuquerque Coyotes  (Read 544 times)

GM Justin

• Supreme Basketball Alliance sim Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
Albuquerque Coyotes
« on: July 08, 2018, 10:15:24 PM »
Albuquerque Coyotes

Owner: Danny Machete
Team Assistant: Cindy Lopez

Team History:
Danny Machete is an actor that has become famous for a being one badass dude.  It's an easy role for him to play because that's how he is in real life as well.  A nice guy, but don't cross him because he will bring the pain.  He wants his team to bring the pain on the court, which they have had some mild success with.

Season 1: 22-20
Season 2: 32-10 (Conference Finals)
Season 3: 28-14 (Conference Finals)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 04:21:05 PM by GM Justin »

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
Re: Albuquerque Coyotes
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 09:30:15 AM »

Screw with me and I'll kick your ass.  That is my life's mantra and that is this team's mantra.  I want a General Manager that is going to put a team on the court that will kick ass and kick it hard...Machete Style!!!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 04:21:19 PM by GM Justin »

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 10:06:25 AM »

All you ass twats out there....I just hired Kirk to be the new GM of the Coyotes.  Let the ass kicking begin!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 04:21:32 PM by GM Justin »

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 04:24:01 PM »

Hello GM Kirk, I am Cindy Lopez, the team assistant.  Here is the team sheet of where are team currently is this off-season.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 04:24:35 PM by GM Justin »

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 11:13:07 PM »
Hello, Ms. Lopez. Thank you for the information. I'd like to get straight to work and talk to Coach Kerlin.
---
Coach, it's nice to meet you. I'm GM Kirk. Can you tell me a bit about yourself and the other coaches we have on the team at the moment?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 10:47:09 AM »

GM Kirk, nice to meet you as well.  As for myself, I've spent the past 12 years coaching internationally in Puerto Rico, Spain, and Italy.  Coaching in all of these places has helped me to better understand the game of basketball and to appreciate it more.  With that being said, I have developed my coaching in all facets of the game and might just be the best coach in the league.  I have both an offensive and defensive mindset.  I love to help our players develop, really work with them and help them try and reach their potential.  On top of all that, I am THE master at strategy.  I thrive on game situations where we have to come up with a play fast to try and win the game, tie the game, or whatever the situation calls for.

Coach Hunter is a defensive coach who loves to try and create turnovers.  Probably one of, if not the best, assistant coaches in the league.  I wouldn't be surprised if some team hired him as their head coach in the next season or two.  Coach Woolfolk's focus is player development.  He analyzes a player's game and then works with the player to find ways to get better and improve their weaknesses.  Coach Seamon doesn't have one particular specialty, but he is all-around good coach and at the age of 42 I believe he will continue to improve as a coach.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 02:18:58 PM »
A fantastic set of complimentary skills and I'm.delighted to hear about the focus on development and defence in your assistants. A mean defence has always been my bread and butter, but I know Mr. Machete wants to dominate teams from front to back. Tell me about our roster. A couple of very big contracts on the books.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 02:49:48 PM »

We do have a couple of big contracts, the first beginning with Mike Isenhour.  He has legitimate lead guard skills, with a yo yo handle, and solid passing ability.  His ball handling and quickness are a lethal combination.  He is a late bloomer, so he might play up to his contract, but is extremely athletic and has worked very hard to improve his offensive skills.  He's a tough nosed player with a great attitude.  His last season averages were 7.2 points, 3 assists, and 2 rebounds per game.  I believe if he continues to work this offseason on his offense that he could improve those numbers.

Brian Rohwer is our starting point guard, and a very good one.  He's got great size and a great shooting touch, that he has worked hard on over the years.  All-around good player, especially on defense where he had 2 steals and 1 block per game last year.  He also averaged 22.1 points /7.9 assists/4.5 rebounds.  There is one potential issue and that is his contract.  He's locked in for the next seasons at $5mm per season and his back-up, Isenhour, makes three times as much as he does.  Not to mention, he's a 3-time All-Star.  I'm sure you can see the issue with that.

Tahric Ward is an aggressive player who gets to the line often and converts his free throws.  He's good beating his defender off the dribble and efficient on the fast-break.  He is a very good defender, in fact he has made the All-Defense team all three seasons.

Mike Deren is a project player who needs to develop his offensive skills. 

Matt Allen is a good post player who will continue to get better with experience.  He came straight out of high school so he will be in the league for a long time and is a player that I'm excited about.

Cecilio Liotta is a fundamentally sound player with excellent size and shooting ability.  He has a tendency to throw down a crowd cheering dunk from time to time.  He's a good passer out of the low post and is a solid rebounder.  Decent shot blocking skills, but lacks quickness and reflexes.

Otis Bergmann gives us a veteran presence and bench depth. 

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 09:28:06 PM »
Isenhour's contract is a problem. As good as he looks like he could be, I might need to trade him if we don't want to risk losing Rohwer. Can you tell me a bit about how you like your teams to look and what attributes we need to strengthen? Is there a team stat sheet for last season lying around somewhere in your office?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 08:56:32 AM »

I like a balanced offense that has a nice mixture of uptempo as well as playing half-court and running offensive sets.  With that being said we need a point guard that can lead the team in both and we have that with Rohwer. We need wing players that can run the floor and spread the floor as well.  We need a big man that can run the floor when we go uptempo, but also get down in bang in the paint for rebounds.  Here is the stat sheet from last season on our current players:

Matt Allen - 8.4ppg/1.1apg/5.7rpg/0.8spg (steals)/0.7bpg (blocks)
Otis Bergmann - 5.3ppg/0.7apg/3.9rpg/0spg/0.5bpg
Cecilio Liotta - 8.9ppg/1.5apg/6.6rpg/1spg/1.2bpg
Mike Isenhour - 7.2pg/3apg/2rpg/0.3spg/0.2bpg
Tahric Ward - 9.7ppg/2.3apg/4.1rpg/2.1spg/0.7bpg
Brian Rohwer - 22.1ppg/7.9apg/4.5rpg/2.1spg/1.1bpg

Mike Deren rode the bench all of last season

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 09:09:21 PM »
I assume we lost some point scorers to free agency, because I can't imagine the team got to the championship game averaging just 61.6 points a game. 

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2018, 09:10:41 PM »
Conference championship, I'm referring to.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 10:14:58 AM »

That is correct.  I will give you some stats on the players that are free agents so that you get a better idea.  I will get that to you soon.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2018, 10:45:00 AM »
Thank you, that will be a big help. I'd like to speak to Coach Hunter while we wait for those stats to be compiled.
---
Coach Hunter, it's good to meet you. Could you give me a run down of how strong our defence is and which positions you value most highly for how you like your teams to defend?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2018, 02:45:15 PM »

Good to meet you as well, sir.  As a team, we are an overall decent on defense, I'd say C+, if I had to give a grade.  As for me, I love good ol' man to man pressure defense.  I like for my guys to guard in the opponents face so they can smell the stank on our breath. 

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2018, 10:58:40 AM »

While we are here, I have an update for you on our current free agents.  To answer your question to Coach Kerlin, we lost roughly 47 points a game in scoring from our players in free agency.  The official list will becoming out tonight from the league office, but we have 7 free agents and 2 of them are restricted, which means we will have an opportunity to match any offer from other teams.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2018, 07:44:23 PM »
Thank you for the update and explaining your defence. I'll be on the lookout for players who can fit your style. Now, I'd like to speak to Coach Woolfolk.
---
Coach Woolfolk, I understand you specialize in helping our players reach their full potential. I'd like to hear your opinion on which guys you think you can get the most out of.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2018, 08:51:00 AM »

With our current roster it would be Allen and Liotta. Both are young, especially Allen, and have a solid work ethic.  I believe Allen can turn into a player that easily averages a double-double. Both guys should develop nicely over the next couple of seasons and really give us a dynamic duo.  Only downside is they both play the same position, so it will be trying to figure that out.  Do you move Liotta to center so Allen can play power forward and both are on the court at the same time.  Or do you slot Allen as the 6th man?  I would call it a good problem to have.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2018, 12:08:55 AM »
I think Allen as 6th man is most likely for the time being, but we'll see where they all stand after preseason camp. Thanks for the information.
---
Ms. Lopez, could you get me in contact with Brian Rohwer's agent? I'd like to offer him a 4 year contract at $15.5MM and $1MM PR.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2018, 11:40:48 AM »

GM Kirk, my man!  Money talks!  It's about time my client gets paid.  Deal.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2018, 08:58:47 AM »
Glad to have another of your clients on one of my teams again, Mike. I'll get the contract sent to the league office.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2018, 09:19:50 AM »

I was just about to get on the phone with you and see what the hold up was on the contract.  Glad it's settled.  Catch ya later.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2018, 09:36:01 AM »
You know how it is when you're a multi-sport guy. Have fun at the draft.
---
Coach Kerlin, I couldn't see how to build a team with Isenhour's contract on the books so I had to trade him. I didn't get as much as I wanted in return, but could Dooling do a job for us as a starter?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2018, 10:01:40 AM »

I understand, boss.  He had a hefty price tag so I knew it wasn't going to be easy to offload him.  With that being said, I do believe Dooling can fill in as a starter for us.  He didn't start last year for Memphis, and averaged 11 points in only 16 minutes of action a game.  I think he will do just fine.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2018, 07:11:55 PM »
Ms. Lopez, can you get me in contact with Jeremy Peper's agent please?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2018, 07:18:08 PM »

GM Kirk, it's been a very long time my friend.  You know how I roll so let's get this done.  3 years, $5.5mm and $1.5 PR for Jeremy

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2018, 10:10:37 PM »
It's good to be dealing with you again, Nigel. We're pretty close on a deal, but I can't give Peper more PR than I just gave my star player. I can do 3 years, $5.5million and $1million PR. Can we shake on that?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2018, 11:51:29 AM »

Sorry, but I'm not worried about what you gave your "star" player.  He accepted those terms, so that's on him.  Our terms are $1.5mm

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2018, 08:30:39 PM »
I'm not paying a rookie $1.5MM PR. Why does he even need it? He's a bench player at the moment who was drafted at the bottom of the 1st round. He should be focused on development and proving himself, not billboards and merchandise. I'm willing to give him $1MM because he's the first player drafted in the new era of the league, but he's got to prove he's worth promoting beyond that. 1 year, $5.5MM and $1MM PR.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2018, 09:32:34 AM »

$1.5mm

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2018, 11:59:09 PM »
Enjoy explaining to Mr. Peper why he's now playing for a GM Lucas team instead of a GM Kirk team because of $500k that wasn't even going into his pocket. See you around.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2018, 12:19:11 AM »
Ms. Lopez, can you get me in contact with Rob Scott's agent please? Be extra clear about which team you're calling from when you do as he might be confused by my little slip when drafting him.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2018, 08:10:45 AM »

Well...well...what are the odds.  2 years, $3mm and $500K PR...you know so that you can properly promote him so the fans know which team he will be playing for.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2018, 11:42:50 PM »
Considering my faux pas, that's fair. I'll send the deal to the league office.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2018, 06:15:35 PM »

Sir, just wanted to let you know that we have 36 hours to decide if we want to match Birmingham's contract offer for Ales Long.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2018, 11:02:56 PM »
Of course we're matching it, fucking Black Death, but you'll have to get in contact with Otis Bergmann's agent and let him know that GM Black Death has forced my hand so I now have to amnesty Bergmann.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2018, 10:05:36 PM »
Ms. Lopez, I'd like to speak to Coach Kerlin.
---
Coach, we're pretty much done with building the team. I'm just going to sign one more player if he accepts the offer the offer I've already made because I don't see the value in having bodies at 14 and 15 just for the sake of it when I can have 13 quality players. If the final hold-out doesn't sign, I'd be happy to go into the season with 12 players unless there's something that we're missing that you'd like me to try and get on the team.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2018, 03:49:51 PM »

Sir, the Jure Tenkotte has agreed to an offer sheet with the Bison for 2 year, $2 million.  We need to decide if we will match.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2018, 07:54:21 PM »
Match it and let the other player we're waiting on know that we're changing our offer to 1 year, $500k.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2018, 11:24:54 AM »

Which player would that be sir?

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2018, 07:38:07 PM »
I've seen that the players we were offering for have signed elsewhere, so we'll get started on getting ready for pre-season.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2018, 08:09:36 AM »
Coach Kerlin, I have a couple of questions before I finalise the team sheet.

Wo do you like at 6th man? I have Allen there now with Brookins at 7 but they're pretty similar players.
How many minutes were our starters playing last season? My Vancouver team were playing around 35 minutes, but I think the roster is much deeper here.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2018, 09:10:43 AM »

I would go with Allen at the moment.  Last year our starters were all right around 32 minutes a game.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2018, 10:15:34 PM »
So my current thoughts on the line-up go something like this:
Lineup -

PG: Brian Rohwer | 35
SG: Tahric Ward | 32
SF: Ales Long  |35
PF: Cecilio Liotta | 28
C: Jason Dooling |  32

6th: Matt Allen | 18 (PF)
7th: Adrian Brookins | 15 (PF)
8th: Keith Brown | 15 (C)
9th: Jared McKenzie | 10 (SG)
10th: Rob Scott | 8 (SF)
11th: Jure Tenkotte | 5 (C)
12th: Chad Reese | 5 (PG)
13th: Mike Deren | 2 (SF)

Any problems with that or changes you'd like to make to suit your tactics better?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2018, 03:08:58 PM »

I'm good with this lineup.

GM Kirk

• The Freakin' Man
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 1019
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2018, 06:30:14 AM »

Lineup -

PG: Brian Rohwer | 35
SG: Tahric Ward | 32
SF: Ales Long  |35
PF: Cecilio Liotta | 28
C: Jason Dooling |  32

6th: Matt Allen | 18
7th: Adrian Brookins | 15
8th: Keith Brown | 15
9th: Jared McKenzie | 10
10th: Rob Scott | 8
11th: Jure Tenkotte | 5
12th: Chad Reese | 5
13th: Mike Deren | 2

Offense -- Coache's decision

Team Captains - Brian Rohwer and Tahric Ward

PR -

Brian Rohwer $1MM

$500k - billboards around Albuquerque, introducing the city to the captain of the new era of the franchise. The billboards will feature him in various action poses with banners featuring the images lining the main route into the stadium.

$500k - Rohwer branded basketball machines around the stadium concourse featuring audio clips of Rohwer commenting on the player's skill (or lack of skill). Rohwer will set the first high-score that players will try to match. Rohwer merchandise will be rewarded to the high-score at the end of each month during the season.

Ales Long $3MM

$2MM - Long Ales bar in the stadium and a series of micro-brew beers to be served at the bar and at other concession stands. The PR funds will pay to set up the bar, create the beers and for local advertising to bring in the fans. Ales Long will be at a tasting event for the grand opening and will hand out Ales Long merchandise to people who complete the Long Ale challenge at the event (a yard of ale).

$1MM - Long way to the top: With the max contract and tussle over his signing during FA, Ales is now one of the top names in the league, so an advertising campaign will run showing why. It will showcase his best performances and his scoring touch. The ads will finish with him sitting on the basket, leaning back against the backboard and surveying his kingdom as other wrestle and climb over each other to try to reach his place at the top.

Cecilio Liotta $1MM

$500k - On-line advertising campaign showing Cecilio competing as a gladiator in ancient Rome, but instead of fighting to the death, the gladiators are competing in 1-on-1 games of basketball and Cecilio dominates. Each player he beats gets a thumbs down from the emperor and is thrown into a pit, but at the end Cecilio is given a thumbs up and rewards the emperor with a Coyotes jersey with his number on it.

$500k - Italian night at the stadium where Italian flag thundersticks will be handed out and the food stalls at the stadium will serve traditional Italian food and snacks.

Rob Scott $0.5MM

$500k - Robin Hood - On-line add campaign which ties into the upcoming Robin Hood film. The ads highlight his defensive skills and ability to rob points from the opposition and give them to his team.

Training - Choose 3 players for the following training categories (a player can do more than one, but will count as two);

Rob Scott - Shooting
Mike Deren - Passing
Cecilio Liotta - Passing

Lock in