Author Topic: San Diego Swan  (Read 743 times)

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 9
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego Swan
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2018, 12:41:55 AM »

You'll be able too soon enough. My suggestion is to work get to work with your coaches and associated with your teammates until then. Build that chemistry and don't be afraid to ask questions from myself, the vets and especailly the coaching staff. We have one of the best coaching staffs in this league. You're going to grow to an even better player than you was down in Oklahoma, I promise you that.

Alright man, I don't wanna take up any more of your time. Just remember what I said and keep focused on the goal at hand. And Drew? Have some fun, yeah?

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2018, 03:58:59 PM »

Sandy, with Mueller's contract restructured can we confirm where we stand financially please. If my listing doesn't match your's I'll be sure to ask where I might've messed up.

GM Justin

• Supreme Basketball Alliance sim Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2018, 08:17:31 AM »
$20mm in salary and $2.3mm in PR

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2018, 10:03:07 AM »

Sir, Fort Worth will not match the contract for Rob Burgess.  You can submit the paperwork to the league office.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2018, 11:56:36 AM »

Ahem...Thank you very much Sandy.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2018, 12:35:27 PM »

Sandy, can you please inform Corey Jackson's agent that we will be utilizing this year's amnesty on his or her client Mr. Jackson. We thank Mr. Jackson for his services here in San Diego and wish him luck in the future of his career.

Also tell the agent that we look forward to working with them in regards to any other of their clients.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2018, 10:32:45 AM »

Sandy, can you let Ms. Molina know we are no longer interested in signing Simmons. Thank you.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2018, 10:36:13 AM »

Yes, sir

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2018, 11:47:23 PM »

Sandy, can you get me in touch with Annalise in terms of Zeljko? Need to gauge where we are with our talks.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2018, 08:22:14 AM »

Sir, Annalise asked me to relay the message that he has signed an offer sheet with the Crawfish for 2 years $6.5mm.  We have 36 hours to decide if we want to match or not.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2018, 11:15:46 AM »

Let Annalise know...We're matching that goddamn offer and Crawfish can eff off.

NODS

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2018, 12:34:24 AM »

Sandy, can we get Smallwood's agent on the line please?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2018, 11:25:31 AM »

What can I do for you GM Bennett?

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2018, 09:42:59 PM »

Mr. Rosenhaus, hello again. Sir I'm not sure what Ryan's plans after this upcoming season but I would like for him to stay here with us here in San Diego.

As you already know we'll have us some cap room next offseason and I will like to take this time to negotiate what it may take to keep Ryan here with us. As of right now I want to offer him an extension at the beginning of next offseason to a $3MM increase in Salary per year for three years with a $500K bump in PR.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2018, 10:31:21 AM »

Ryan heard about what happened with Mueller so he has expressed to me that he is a little hesitant.  He would require $22 million and $5 million in PR per season, just in case you try to approach him about reducing his salary down the road.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2018, 04:19:45 PM »

I don't plan on asking our best player to take a cut in pay, Mr. Rosenhaus. Especially a guy of his stature that has been the cornerstone of the organization.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2018, 10:15:46 AM »

Ryan will wait until the offseason then.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2018, 01:15:52 PM »

Fair enough. If we have the PR to make that deal down the road Mr. Rosenhaus, we will meet that require. If not I hope we can negotiate. The ask in salary will not be a problem, I assure you that.

Thanks for taking my call.

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2018, 08:36:06 PM »

Coach, who do you believe our captain or captains should be? I was thinking Smallwood should be it or at least one of them.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2018, 08:11:22 AM »

Smallwood and Cuyler are safe bets

GM Bennett

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2018, 01:32:10 AM »

DEPTH CHART & MINUTES

TEAM CAPTAINS

Ryan Smallwood & Reggie Cuyler

PG | Zeljko Mladjenovic | PG/SG | 20
SG | Walter Lebarrie | SG/SF | 30
SF | Rob Burgess | SF/SG/PF | 30
PF | Ryan Smallwood | PF/C/SF | 35
C | Reggie Cuyler | C/ PF/SF | 33

6th | Josh Cullen | C/PF/SF | 23
7th | Joshua Mueller | C/PF/SF | 16
8th | Drew Jones | PG/SG | 20
9th | AJ Cage | PG/SG | 10
10th | Jerod Williams | SG/PG | 8
11th | Barry Stinson | PF/SF/C | 8
12th | Brendan Coursey | PG | 7

OFFENSIVE SCHEMES
Isolation – 10%
Pick & Roll - 33%
Post Up – 30%
Spot Up – 13%
Motion – 10%
Transition – 4%

PR CAMPAIGNS

Reggie Cuyler - $3MM

Fruit Of The Loom ($500K) - We’ve all seen athletes take part in underwear commercials, some funnier than others that are really received well by consumers. Currently Fruit of The Loom have been marketing their new product Everlight Underwear with a pretty funny commercial. They don’t want to just stop there. Oh no. They want to get themselves a big name to cosign their product just like Hanes have had Michael Jordan cosigning theirs for years upon years. Reggie will be featured in these new series of commercials where he won’t just play a basketball player but several other different roles that interest him in his everyday life off the court. Reggie will also be featured on some of the packaging which will all come with his signature along with him. Just to sweeten the deal, Fruit of The Looms will be having a contest for buyers to earn a chance to send themselves and two other friends to the SBA All Star weekend with a chance of meeting Reggie!

Snickers ($500K) - You never act like yourself when you’re hungry. Hold on, I’m not talking to you! I’m just copying the slogan. Snickers has had this ad campaign for quite a while now and the public seems to love the various twist and turns they’ve been able to have throughout the years with different celebrities popping up every so often. Instead of Reggie being the celebrity some regular person turns into when their hungry, Reggie will be turning into somebody else! Just another twist to the ongoing ad campaign.

Under Armour Sponsorship ($1MM) - Under Armour has grown expeditionary since it’s inception but it has yet to become the number one brand despite having one of the best athletes in the world in Chef C--Err, Seth Curry as the face of their company. This will not stop them from wanting to achieve their goal and put out some quality products that can surely compete with the best of them. Under Armour will now like to announce the sponsorship with one of the best big men in the game today in Reggie Cuyler of the San Diego Swan. Just like Under Armour, Cuyler has a never quit attitude when it comes to wanting to be the best. With this sponsorship Under Armour has agreed to sponsor any event he takes part in outside of the SBA for the community. Reggie will also be given a new moniker as ‘Stretch’ to go along with his ad campaign with the brand.

Stretch Youth Program ($1MM) - The Stretch Youth Program is something Reggie has wanted to do for a while and he now has the opportunity do so. Whether it be in a community in California or his hometown, the Stretch Youth Program will focus on helping kids starting in Middle School to High School who love the game of basketball to have a chance to learn from Reggie, have a chance to be tutored by some of the best teachers in the country, a spot on Reggie’s very own AAU team all in hopes that they will get a chance to play ball in college which is the ultimate goal. This program is something to help kids focus on their school work, the craft on the court as well as keeping out of trouble in which they might get themselves into if they didn’t have the resources they have available now. If a kid is not able to get an athletic scholarship to a college and has a B grade average, the youth program will give the child a scholarship themselves. Reggie wants to help the community as much as possible and it all starts with the kids and helping them live out their dreams.

Ryan Smallwood - $2MM
The Smallwood’s ($1MM) - Say hello to The Smallwood’s! This is a ad campaign from the State Farm insurance company. Ryan will be playing every member of the Smallwood family whether it be himself, his wife, his kids or even his parents! In each commercial the Smallwood’s will have a specific problem that can be solved by their insurance company State Farm. The commercials will be very comedic and air during the SBA season.

BODY ARMOR Sports Drink Sponsorship ($500K) - Ryan is upgrading his sports drink to BODY ARMOR! That’s right, Ryan Smallwood will be joining the BODY ARMOR family along with other premiere athletes. The sports drink company owned by basketball legend Kobe Bryant BODY ARMOR has quickly became Gatorade’s number one competitor since its inception. They sponsor various premiere athletes from several sports so why not tap into the SBA market as well? Ryan Smallwood has proven to be one of the best players in the league and embodies what it means to be an BODY ARMOR Athlete. With this sponsorship, Ryan will part of several ad campaigns whether it be print ads, online ads, billboards or commercials. Thanks Gatorade, we’ll take it from here.

Nike Sponsorship (500K) - Smallwood is signing with the best athletic apparel company in the world, Nike! Nike only works with the best and Ryan Smallwood is one of the best in all of SBA, there’s no doubt about that. With this sponsorship Ryan will receive exclusive merchandise and be featured in print ads, online ads, billboard and commercials. This will eventually elevate to Nike giving Ryan his own shoe and clothing line within Nike.

Drew Jones - $2MM
Drew’s Passage ($1MM) - Hulu has picked up the rights to film Drew Jones’ progression during his rookie year. Hulu wants to get in on sports and what better than to follow the rookie year of one the best point guards to come out of the SBA Draft? With basketball becoming the number one sports in the world (or at least battling to become it), Hulu wants in. Seeing their competition of Amazon Prime & Netflix already immersing themselves into sports, it’s not their time to do so too! With the help of San Diego Swan’s owner Tom Gaslamp and his connections in Hollywood this happening was as natural as a swan swimming in a lake on a hot summer day. Fans will be able to watch Drew’s rookie year from start to finish. Get to see him at his lows, see him at his highs whether it be on the court or off the court. The pilot episode of this limited series will be an introduction to Drew as it will focus on his childhood and all the way up to his college career up until draft day.

Welcome To The Flock ($250K) - Billboards will be placed all around the state or California and surrounding areas that the Swan represent that will feature Drew Jones in his jersey hyping up his arrival to ‘The Flock’. It’s no secret that Drew is one of the top rookies to come out of this draft and has a lot riding on him this upcoming season. Along with the welcoming campaign will also be plenty of online ads exclusively for those in located in Southern California. The online ads will feature a promo code that will give fans an opportunity to receive merchandise such as T-Shirts and Drew’s jersey as well as a Meet & Greet with Drew when they come to a home game of their choosing for free!

Puma Basketball Sponsorship ($750K) - Yeah, I know what you’re thinking. You’re reading this and you’re thinking to yourself...Puma?! Yes. Puma! Just in case you’ve been living under a rock, Puma is looking to revive their basketball department as they have signed Sean Carter better known as his stage name Jay-Z to be the President of Puma Basketball. Do you know who Jay-Z is? If you do you’d know that he has done pretty well for himself as a businessman lately including owning his very own sports agency Roc Nation Sports after selling his shares of NBA’s Brooklyn Nets. So far Mr. Carter has been pretty busy building up the the Puma Basketball team. He’s landed some pretty big names from this years NBA draft and he’s not just staying put in the NBA to build his team. He’s now signing one of the best guards from this year’s SBA draft, Drew Jones! Drew will have his own merch this season and be featured in Puma Basketball advertisements around the world. Welcome to Puma Basketball, Drew!

Walter Lebarrie - $2MM
Family Guy/American Dad Appearances ($500K) - Everyone loves these two cartoon series from Seth MacFarlane and it’s pretty hard not to. Walter will make an in the next seasons for the show as a special guest, not just as a surprise cameo in some random cut scene. Nope! In the Family Guy episode Walter will be paired with Brian being each other’s wingman of course with Stewie tagging along. It’d be like the hour specials they give Brian and Stewie sometimes. Ironically this same episode will lead into Walter appearing into the American Dad show. Here Walter will help Stan solve some kind of mystery in which this will also be an hour like special.

Spider-Man Campaign ($1MM) - This year Walter will be taking advantage of his Spiderman nickname and taking full on advantage of the moniker. At each home game Walter will be featured in a small comic (with the help of Marvel of course) in the team fliers that will portray him as Spider-Man & whoever he is set to guard tonight will be portrayed as various villains from the actual Spider-Man spectrum. Also fans can pick up Spider-Man mask that will put them in the running for a Spider-Man PS4 Pro & Spider-Man video game giveaway during halftime of the game that very night. Fans may also notice some Billboards hinting that Walter would was swinging with The Flock around San Diego. Also on Halloween night (if a game is scheduled around that time or the day at home) if you come dressed up as Spiderman you will receive a Swan x Spidey t-shirt and you’ll get free concessions for the night during the game. Except for alcoholic beverages...yeah no free beer sorry.

Uber ($500K) - Everyone uses Uber these days rather than having to call for cab the old fashioned way. It’s way more convenient. Uber will be parting up with Walter with print ads & commercials. Each form of advertisement will feature a promo code a customer can use on their next trip with Uber for 25% percent off.

Rob Burgess - $1.5MM
Welcome To The Flock ($500K) - Billboards will be placed all around the state or California and surrounding areas that the Swan represent that will feature Rob Burgess in his jersey hyping up his arrival to ‘The Flock’. Rob was San Diego’s major acquisition this offseason after his former team refused to match their offer sheet. People want to know who he is and to welcome him to the city. Along with the welcoming campaign will also be plenty of online ads exclusively for those in located in Southern California. The online ads will feature a promo code that will give fans an opportunity to receive merchandise such as T-Shirts and Rob’s jersey as well as a Meet & Greet with Rob when they come to a home game of their choosing for free!

Google ($500K) - Google has had some success marketing themselves throughout the years and they are constantly coming up with new technologies for consumers to use for their everyday life. Rob will be featured in various commercials showing how he uses Google products to help him navigate through this busy life when he’s away from the court.

New Feathers ($500K) - Another limited series from Hulu thanks to San Diego Swan’s owner Tom Gaslamp’s help. This series will San Diego fans a nice out look to their free agent pick up and see how he manages to make the transition from the Fort Worth Stars to the San Diego Swan.

TRAINING
Rob Burgess | Shooting
Drew Jones | Steal
Ryan Smallwood | Passing

LOCK IN