Author Topic: Olympia Evergreens  (Read 590 times)

GM Justin

• Supreme Basketball Alliance sim Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
Olympia Evergreens
« on: July 08, 2018, 10:18:46 PM »
Olympia Evergreens

Owner: Howard Soft
Team Assistant: Ms. Phoenix

Team History:
Howard Soft was an original investor and personality with SiriusXM Radio.  He is known to push the limits on his radio show and in everything else he does.  He really doesn't care about sports, but cares about the women that flock to him because he owns a sports team...not that his team is any good or that it matters.  In fact, his team has been soft on the court the past couple of season.

Season 1: 24-18 (Conference Finals)
Season 2: 9-33
Season 3: 9-33
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 11:57:29 PM by GM Justin »

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
Re: Olympia Evergreens
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 09:56:32 AM »

We haven't been very good.  Well in fact we fuckin' suck!  I'd like to win some so that I can find new chicks to bring to the house and play with.  Can you bring me those chicks...I mean wins?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 11:57:56 PM by GM Justin »

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 11:58:53 PM »

Franchise promised me the most chicks so he got the job.  Okay, so I'm lying, but I'm hoping that it happens.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 07:02:58 PM »

Hello GM Franchise, I'm Ms. Phoenix, the team assistant.  Our current team sheet is now available.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 09:21:24 PM »
Thank you for that, Ms. Phoenix. Alright, alright, alright, let's get this party started. Can you send in Coach Mitchell please, thank you.

---

"Coach Mitchell, nice to meet you. My name is James Franchise and I'm the new General Manager here in Olympia. I know the team is looking to improve and win some games. I'd like to get to know you a little better and about the team as well. Tell me a little bit about your coaching background and what you feel are the strengths and weaknesses are of the team currently."

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 10:01:49 PM »

GM Franchise, the pleasure is all mine.  As far as my background goes, this is my first year as a professional head coach.  It appears that you and I will be developing and progressing together.  My strengths are in game strategy and player development.  As far as our team, here is my breakdown:

I believe Jameson is a capable point guard that can lead this team.  He only averaged 7.7 ppg and 4.8 apg last season, but he has got a lot of tools that we are looking for.  His shooting stroke for a point guard is a thing of beauty, he is an above average passer, but has a killer crossover.  He can literally leave defenders stuck in their positions.  He is a good defender, which I believe is important.  He's 27, so he still has time to progress a little more and become more effective.

Rhese Mann has talent, but is WAY overpaid for his production.  He only averaged 8.3 ppg last season. With that being said, he can really defend on and off the ball.  He understands the game and is a good decision maker.  He would be a solid bench player, but for us he could slot a solid starter. His salary is the biggest pill to swallow.

Cedric Blackman can flat out shoot the basketball.  He averaged 23.2 ppg, 5.3 apg, and 4.8 rbg.  He is a guy that produces in all facets of the game.  He is a decent defender to go along with his offensive production.  His work ethic leaves a lot to desire, but overall he is a scoring machine.  We have him for two more years so we should definitely try and build around him to make him stay once his next contract negotiation comes up.

Frank Hayes is just coming off his rookie season in which he averaged 9.3 ppg and 3.4 rbg.  He was one of, if not the best, mid-range shooter's in college basketball.  I believe he can continue to build on that skill at the next level.  His position is notated as small forward, but at 6'5" I believe he could be a 6th man candidate off the bench at the two guard position. 

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 11:24:19 PM »
We definitely have a piece we can build around. Blackman is a star that we can build around. We have two good defenders and a good mid-range shooter. From what I'm seeing we need to bring in at least one more shooter, two good rebounders to compliment the scorers, a Center that can play both offense and defense, both a bench scoring first and passing guard, and some roleplayers on the bench. That's the ideal scenario going by what we've got currently on the roster.

With your background and that mix of players we can be successful. More scoring to compliment to Blackman should be a priority going by what we have currently on the roster.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 11:24:27 AM »

Scoring and we are going to need a big man that will cause concerns and force teams to sag towards the paint a little which would help open up our shooters a bit.  We are going to need add some height as well. 

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 04:17:33 PM »
Yeah we definitely need some power forwards and a Center. If we can accomplish that and get another shooter I think we've got something here. There's teams looking at making trades already so that's definitely an option for that. If there's any players you'd like for me to make a move for that fit the system you want to run here please let me know and I'll do everything in my power to get them on our roster.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 04:20:54 PM »

Philly has a log jam of big men that you might can pry away.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 05:43:28 PM »
That is true and there's other teams looking to trade big men. More good news, we've got the first pick in the draft this season. That's huge for us for getting a big man we can build around.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 06:16:47 PM »

Having the first pick is definitely huge. 

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 06:47:57 PM »
Yes it is. My main goal with that is to get us another player to build around with Blackman. We get a future superstar in the draft and get some good big men via free agency and the draft then we're in business for the long term.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2018, 07:07:54 PM »

Absolutely.  You can begin rookie scouting so when you're ready just send me the names.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2018, 03:03:09 PM »
Sounds good to me. I'll let you go get to things while I meet with the rest of the staff. Again, pleasure meeting you and I look forward to working with you going forward.

---

Ms. Phoenix, could you send in Coach DeMarlo Jenkins please, thank you.

---

Coach Jenkins, nice meeting you. I'm James Franchise the new General Manager here in Olympia. I wanted to get to know my coaches a little better before the draft and the start of the season. Can you tell me a little bit about your coaching background and philosophy?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 02:02:14 PM »

It's a pleasure to meet you GM Franchise.  I began my coaching career in the college ranks as an assistant for a few years before becoming a head coach where I spent 5 years.  I then moved into professional coaching in other leagues and have decided to join the staff here in Olympia.  I'm a well rounded coach that helps wherever I'm needed. 

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 05:26:13 PM »
It's nice to meet you too. I like what I'm hearing about your coaching style which is perfect for what I have in mind for our roster. I'm going to try and get a mix of players with a mix of playing styles. I look forward to working with you this season. May I ask where were you head coach at previously? Just curious about that, that's all.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 09:40:23 AM »

I was head coach at Portland State University

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 04:49:07 PM »
That's awesome. I'll see if I can get a player or two from there during free agency. I'll let you get back to things, it was nice meeting you.

---

Ms. Phoenix, could you send in Coach Bart Woods please, thank you.

---

Coach Woods, nice to meet you. I'm James Franchise the new GM here in Olympia. Before we get started with the draft and free agency I wanted to meet everyone on the coaching staff to know them a little better. Can you tell me about your coaching background?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 08:36:43 AM »

GM Franchise, nice to meet you, sir.  I was a head coach at the DII level, but decided to make a move to be a coach in the pros.  I've been an assistant in various leagues for 8 years.  I look forward to us putting together a competitive squad this year.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2018, 05:52:07 PM »
Nice to meet you. I look forward to creating a competitive squad as well. I've got a game plan and we should be good to go. You have a great deal of experience which is a good thing especially with what our needs our for building this team into a contender. With your coaching style do you focus on offense, defense, or a mixture of both?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2018, 11:36:54 AM »

A mixture. 

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2018, 05:50:36 PM »
Perfect, a mixture is what I have in mind for this team. I'll let you get back to things, it was nice meeting you.

---

Ms. Phoenix, could you send in Coach Larry Duty please. Thank you.

---

Coach Duty, nice to meet you. I'm James Franchise the new GM here in Olympia. Before we go into filling up the roster this offseason I wanted to meet the coaches to introduce myself and find out about them. Can you tell me about your coaching background and philosophy?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2018, 09:18:27 AM »

Hello GM James Franchise, Larry Duty here...reporting for duty...HA! HA! HA!  I've been coaching this game called basketball for about 20 years.  Been a little all over the darn place.  I don't excel in any one area, just an all-around average coach.  But I am very DUTIFUL!  HA! HA! HA!

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2018, 12:11:43 PM »
Haha very nice! That sounds good to me, being an all-around coach is a good thing. I look forward to working with you this season. I'll let you get back to things.

---

Ms. Phoenix, I've got two questions. Firstly would I be able to get the stats of our current players from last season? Secondly by my calculations we have $14MM in PR leftover from Season 3. Is that number correct?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2018, 02:58:56 PM »

Here you go, sir.  And yes, $14mm is correct.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2018, 04:46:10 PM »
Thank you for that, Ms. Phoenix. I'm going to be submitting our scouting fairly soon.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2018, 12:13:36 PM »

Want to scout me?

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2018, 05:03:01 PM »
Well now that you mention it I am getting to know the staff here better before we start the draft. Tell me a little about yourself. How did you end working for the Evergreens?

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2018, 06:24:05 PM »

Well....this has to stay between you and I...but I used to be a Madam back in New York and Mr. Soft was one of my biggest clients.  He's a real freaky guy...anyways...he told me he was starting a basketball team out here in Washington and said he needed someone that knew how to run a tight ship.  Now, my girl part might not be the tightest these days, but I know how to run a tight business.  At my age, I figured it was time to settle down and enjoy myself so I said "why not" and here I am.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 06:24:25 PM by GM Justin »

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2018, 04:40:12 AM »
My lips are sealed. I’m glad you’re here. A lot of my friends are women and I’ve got your back. You remind me of two of my closest friends before they got into long term relationships so I’ve got your back, no one will know. I’m loooking at settling down too after the Vegas shooting. That was a definite life changing event for me. I saved one of my best friends from dying and before that I thought I es a coward. Instead of being a coward I was Savin people.Honestly that’s not how I viewed myself but I got people out of the largest mass shooting in United States history. I might be viewed as an okay GM but when it hits the fan I step up and save people. Your secret is safe with me, I’m glad you’re on board. You know how to run a business and that’s going to benefit this organization going forward. I’m glad you’re here, you’re loyal to Mr. Soft and I value loyalty so you’re good to go with me, Ms. Phoenix.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2018, 04:35:41 PM »

I know that was definitely a scary event, but I commend you on your valiant efforts Mr. Franchise.  I appreciate that you have my back and I look forward to a long successful relationship.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2018, 10:20:08 PM »
Ms. Phoenix, big day for this organization. Can you get me in touch with Jovan Diggs' representation please, thank you.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2018, 09:42:07 AM »

GM Franchise, it has been a long time, but here we find ourselves meeting once again.  Mr. Diggs is going to help turn your franchise around, with that being said, we want to make sure you are going to continue to do your part as well.  Therefore we are looking for 2 years $10mm per season and $4mm PR.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2018, 01:08:35 PM »
Deal, pleasure doing business with you. I’ll send it over to the league office.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2018, 02:09:23 AM »
Ms. Phoenix, can you get me Jon Welch's representation please, thank you.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2018, 09:18:03 AM »

3 years, $3.5mm

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2018, 09:51:08 AM »
Deal, pleasure doing business with you.

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2018, 09:03:47 AM »
Ms. Phoenix, can I get an update on our financials before free agency begins. Wanted to double check my math.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2018, 09:14:14 AM »
$26mm in salary and $10mm in PR

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2018, 09:15:55 AM »
Same numbers I had. Thank you, Ms. Phoenix.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2018, 03:32:38 PM »

Sir, we have 36 hours to decide if we want to match the Rattlers contract offer of 4 years $13mm for Brian Neal

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2018, 06:11:34 PM »
Screw the Rattlers. We’re matching that contract offer.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2018, 10:49:42 AM »

Sir, do you need any information before you lock-in?

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2018, 02:07:09 AM »
Lineup -
PG: Lee Jameson - 28
SG: Cedric Blackmon - 30
SF: Jovan Diggs - 28
PF: Ray Winkfield - 27
C: Bo Thompkins - 27
6 - SF Frank Hayes - 22
7 - SG Brian Neal - 20
8 - PG John Welch - 12
9 - PG Jason Morris - 9
10 - PF Vladimir Ribic - 9
11 - C Mark Williamson - 6
12 - PF Feng-linag Si-ma - 6
13 - PG Lucas Edmond - 6
14 - C Martynas Zukauskas - 5
15 - SF Steve Gordon - 5

Offense – Coaches Decision

Team Captains –
Cedric Blackman
Lee Jameson

PR -
Lee Jameson - 1 MM:
$1MM – National television advertising campaign entitled “Lightning Lee” which features a lightning special effects commercial focusing on Lee’s lightning quick moves and handles on the basketball court. It ends with Lee making a three pointing with lightning coming from the ball and the tagline “Lee Jameson is lightning on the court here in Olympia.”

Cedric Blackman - 3MM:
$2MM – National television advertising campaign entitled “King Cedric” which will feature Cedric showing off his skills including highlight videos from his previous seasons in Olympia and end with him dunking a basketball before turning to the camera to say “The King wants to bring the crown to Olympia this season.”
500K – Cedric Blackman Night at the fourth home game of the season with the first 2,000 fans who enter the building get Cedric Blackman bobbleheads. This event will also feature a pre-game video highlight video with highlights of Cedric’s career in Olympia.
500K – Local advertising, billboard, radio, and television campaign focusing on Cedric Blackman’s phenomenal play on the court. The advertising campaign will hype up the upcoming season and focus on garnering fan interest in coming to watch the games this season to see the improved Evergreens team.

Jovan Diggs - 4MM:
$2MM – National television advertising campaign entitled “Can you dig it?” which features a scene inspired from the movie “The Warriors” where there’s a large crowd watching Jovan Diggs’ playing on the court with an announcer yelling, “Can you dig it?” followed by a large applause by the crowd after Diggs dunks the basketball. It ends with Diggs after the dunk saying to the camera “Dig it.”
$1MM – Local television, advertising, billboard, and radio campaign focusing on the highlights of Jovan Diggs’ college career with hyping of the season games, single game and season ticket sales, and seeing first overall pick Jovan Diggs play in his first season with the tagline “Olympia fans are going to Digg going to Evergreens games this season.”
500K – Jovan Diggs Night at the first home game of the season with the first 2,000 fans who arrive at the building getting Jovan Diggs t-shirts and a pre-game ceremony welcoming Jovan Diggs.
500K - Local advertising, billboard, radio, and television campaign focusing on Jovan Diggs’ phenomenal play on the court. The advertising campaign will hype up the upcoming season and focus on garnering fan interest in coming to watch the games this season to see the improved Evergreens team with seeing the first overall pick being a highlight of that.

Training - Choose 3 players for the following training categories (a player can do more than one, but will count as two);
1 – Vladimir Ribic: Shooting
2 – Lucas Edmond: Passing
3 – Mark Williamson: Shooting

Lock in

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2018, 10:52:38 PM »

GM Franchise I love that you are a social butterfly and know how to treat a lady to a nice Russian dinner. We might need to exchange numbers.  According to Mr. Soft, your goal for this season is to IMPROVE THE TEAM'S RECORD.  Our team sheet is attached.