Author Topic: Fort Worth Stars  (Read 459 times)

GM Justin

• Supreme Basketball Alliance sim Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
Fort Worth Stars
« on: July 08, 2018, 10:20:49 PM »
Fort Worth Stars

Owner: Matt McNaughty
Team Assistant: Miss Blaze

Team History:
Matt McNaughty is the man behind the Magic Matt: XXX film and strip club franchise.  If he's not on the big screen or slinging his junk in the face of screaming women at the strip club, you can find Mr. McNaughty on the sidelines of any major sporting event in the great state of Texas.  He loved being involved so much that he started the Forth Worth Stars so that he troll the sidelines all he wanted.  It should be known that he does have a penchant to perform a more PG-13 version of his Magic Matt: XXX dance during halftime.  Unfortunately, that has not correlated to much success for his team on the court.

Season 1: 16-26
Season 2: 15-27
Season 3: 20-22
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 02:25:33 PM by GM Justin »

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
Re: Fort Worth Stars
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 12:06:08 PM »

There are three things that I love in this world...the great state of Texas, making women scream, and sports.  I want this team to perform the way I do when I make the ladies scream.  I want the crowd yelling and screaming us all the way to victory.  Can you get it done?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 02:25:50 PM by GM Justin »

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 04:38:41 PM »

GM Bone, I hear you have great balls.  Maybe I can meet them one day...but until then, I'm Miss Blaze, the team assistant.  Here is our team sheet for where our team currently is this offseaosn.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 09:03:29 PM »
"Tell you what, you can meet my balls anytime you'd like, except during work hours. I'm all business in the front office. Good? Excellent. Thanks, darling. Can you also go get Watson for me?"

----

"Coach Watson, pleasure to meet you. I'm GM Bone, host of the widely successful 3-pt conversion, #1 in its time-slot on ESPN Radio... and also your new General Manager. As much as I'd like to exchange pleasantries, I made promises to Mr. McNaughty that we'd get right to work. Can you tell me about the team as it currently is?"

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 09:34:21 PM »

GM Bone, I appreciate your cut to the chase attitude.  I like to think that I'm the same way. With that being said, I've never listened to your radio station, not that it matters, so let's get down to business. 

At the point guard position I believe Corner is good enough to be our starter.  He averaged 13.5 ppg and 5.5 apg last season.  He's got good vision and is an above average passer.  He plays great team defense and is one of the smartest basketball players I've come across in my career.  He's only 25 so I think he can continue to get better.

Johnson and Rhodes are serviceable at the shooting guard position.  Both average just above 10 ppg and can shoot the ball.  Rhodes is only 23 and can definitely get better, while Johnson is a veteran worth keeping around, however I believe a team looking for veteran support and scoring off the bench would be wiling to make a trade.  Clearing his salary would be nice.

Thurston, while undersized for his position in my opinion, is an absolute stud.  He's been an All-Star all three season, including being a start two of those seasons. Last season he averaged 25.6 ppg/4.9 apg/8.9rbg.  Long story short...he's a baller.  He's in the last year of his contract, and at 26, I highly encourage you to get him locked up long term.

Brown, along with Thurston, gives us one of the best, if not the best, front courts in all of SBA.  Last season he averaged 13.8 ppg and 11 rbg, all off of alley oops and put backs mostly.  He's a beast on the inside and at 26 years old, he can still get better down low.  He 7'3 and lives down low, but I believe he can get even better in the paint 

All in all, I believe we have a solid core.  In an perfect world I would go with Rhodes as our 6th man while trying to draft or explore free agency for a more explosive two guard.  If push comes to shove, he can start, but I would like to see him as our 6th man.

Let me know if you have any questions.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 10:10:38 PM »
"Well I'll tell ya what, I'm moving into the ESPN studio over in Dallas, so you can listen to my show, 2am every weekday.

Anyway, I got a few more questions before I start doing things. Can you tell me about yourself and your coaching staff? I'm looking to hear about your abilities, your styles, and your opinion of your assistants."

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 10:11:29 AM »

I might take a gander and listen to the show.  It's all about supporting each other right...

Enough about that.  As for myself, I've been doing this for 13 years.  I've coached in the college ranks for a couple of big time programs before making the move to the SBA.  The first season I coached the Albuquerque Coyotes to a 22-20 record, but left to go back to the college ranks because that's where I thought I wanted to be. However after two more seasons of it I finally realized the pro game is where I belong.  Magic Matt reached out to me and now here I am.

I'm both an offensive and defensive guy, I understand the importance of both and how they feed off of each other, so I've spent my career laser focused on both.  I like to think I am one of the better strategic coaches in league and have been known for my player development wherever I've coached. 

I didn't have any say in the hiring of my staff, but we have been working hard together to plan for the upcoming season.  Coach Kincaid has been around the game for a long time and his biggest strength is his player development.  He does a good job at observing a player and then breaking down his strengths and weaknesses and tailoring a training regiment to suit that particular player.  Coach Masic and Coach King are average across the board really.  Neither have a specialty that they are great at.  Just decent assistant coaches.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 11:46:13 AM »
"Just so I'm clear, who has and hasn't been here the last two seasons...both players and coaches?"

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 12:14:08 PM »

The assistant coaches and all players under contract have been here.  The assistant coaches all had two years left on their contracts which is the reason why I was given a 2-year contract.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 02:33:27 PM »
"Well, here's my assessment. This team has surfed around .500 the last two years with nearly the same personnel, and it is time for some change. As a new executive, I'm not married to what we have, and I think with you and I coming in as a new regime, we have a chance to shake things up, and do the things here in Fort Worth Mr. McNaughty wants done. So, I will be alerting the staff, the agents, and the GMs that I am putting everyone on the trade block. That's not to guarantee that everyone, or even anyone will be traded, that's just to say that things haven't been getting done at a high level year, and I am open to making changes.

Miss Blaze...can you send out messages to the agents who represent our players to respectfully let them know that we are putting them on the trade block. I would appreciate that."

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 02:51:56 PM »

I'm inclined to agree with your assessment.  You're the boss so I follow your lead.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 03:08:04 PM »
"Alright, Coach. If you're not that impressed with Coach King or Coach Masic...if I gave you the opportunity to bring in your own staff instead, do you have anyone in mind?"

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2018, 04:07:11 PM »

The league is currently finalizing the list of available coaches, to take into account retirements and what not, so once the finalized list is published I could give you a better idea. 

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2018, 01:14:05 PM »
"Great. No time like the present. Nothing is off-limits Coach, let know what you're thinking about potential coaching replacements."

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2018, 12:13:30 PM »

I believe David Mobley is an upgrade over Coach Kincaid.  I'd like to keep Coach King because he is young and I believe will continue to develop as a coach.  LaVell Meade is an upgrade over Coach Masic.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 02:03:29 PM »
"Coach, thanks for the insight. I need to start calling agents for our draft picks however. I'll touch base with you later."

---

"Miss Blaze, please call the representation for Brad Potter please."

"Greetings my friend. I'm excited to make Mr. Potter a Star here in Fort Worth...that is both as a member of this team as well as one in basketball. I'd like to offer Brad 4 years at 8 million a season with 3 million in PR considerations. You know that Texas loves its basketball, his marketing will go a long way here. Tell me we have a deal, friend."

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2018, 02:30:31 PM »

GM Bone...it's a pleasure speaking with you.  You're asking 4 years so we're asking $8.5mm

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 02:33:19 PM »
"Consider it done. I'll get that paperwork in momentarily. Hopefully we'll talk again sooner rather than later. Ciao."

---

"Miss Blaze, can we call up Brad Potter?

---

Brad, welcome to the Stars! I don't want to take you away from your family and celebrations for too long, but we can't wait to get you in uniform here."

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2018, 02:40:44 PM »

GM Bone, thank you for picking me! You have just made my lifelong dream of playing professional basketball come true.  The Potter will not disappoint!

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 02:46:32 PM »
"Glad to hear it! Looks like we were faster getting in the paperwork than Olympia and Memphis, so you are the first member of this draft class with a contract.

Tell me, what are you most looking forward to now that you're a professional player?"

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2018, 02:50:12 PM »

The Potter is looking forward to starting in his first professional game. 

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2018, 03:24:02 PM »
"Alright. I like it. We'll see you at camp."

---

"Miss Blaze, can you call up the representation for Ray Finley?"

"Hello. We couldn't resist adding a native Texan to the team. He's gonna be huge around here, and I don't mean that just because he's the tallest guy in the league. He'll be given a great opportunity to contribute in rotation this season. I'd like to ink Ray to a 3-year contract, worth 6 million per season, and 2 million in PR."

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 03:29:33 PM »

GM Bone, as a Texan myself, I am glad to see my client stay in the state of Texas.  My client is a larger than life marketing opportunity so up the PR to $2.5mm and he will sign.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2018, 05:12:34 PM »
"That's an investment I can get behind. Now you have another excuse to visit home, when your client makes his professional debut. I'll see you later."

---

"Miss Blaze, how about placing a call to Ray Finley please?

Ray! Welcome to the Stars. Forth Worth is just a quick drive up from Houston, but you're going to adapt to this city nicely. We're excited to get you here for training camp."

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2018, 09:57:11 AM »

I am very familiar with Fort Worth, GM Bone.  Thanks for keeping me in the great state of Texas!

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2018, 08:39:44 PM »
"Thanks Ray, we'll see you in camp."

----

"Can I speak with the representation of Jerry Sankes please?"

"How is it going? I'm really glad to bring in Sankes to the team, he'll play some important minutes this season as part of our youth over haul. Can we sign him to 3 years and 3.5m per season?"

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2018, 08:04:10 AM »

$4mm and you have a deal.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2018, 11:13:15 AM »
"Alright, I'll send that paperwork in soon. Thank you."

---

"Miss Blaze, the representation for Brian Franklin please?"

"Hello! We're really glad to get another young Texan to the Stars. I'd like to sign him for 3 years at 2mil per. Can we sign?"

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2018, 01:22:04 PM »

GM Bone, I'm sensing a pattern here. Yes, we'll sign

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2018, 01:40:54 PM »
"It's no pattern, this was intentional. Appreciate your time."

---

"Miss Blaze, the representation for Lance Carr please?"

"How's it going? I'm glad to get Lance into a Stars uniform. I'd like to offer him 3 years and 500k per season. Can we sign?"

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2018, 08:23:54 AM »

2 years at that price.

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2018, 09:58:32 AM »
"Done, pleasure doing business."

---

"Miss Blaze, you can let the league know we won't be matching that offer sheet for Burgess."

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2018, 10:02:11 AM »

Will do, sir.

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2018, 08:58:38 AM »

Sir, Charles Seymour has agreed to an offer sheet with the Crawfish for 3 years, $10 million per season.  We have 36 hours to decide if we want to match or not.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 08:58:47 AM by GM Justin »

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2018, 09:26:00 AM »
"We will not match it.

Also, Miss Blaze, could you let Ms. Molina know that we will be withdrawing interest in Todd Simmons."

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2018, 10:49:57 AM »

Sir, do you need any information before you lock-in?

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2018, 10:52:18 PM »
"Actually, I need to ask Coach who he thinks are the strongest leaders on this team. If and when you get a moment to get that answer for me."

GM Justin

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2018, 11:16:06 AM »

Johnson and Cummings is what he told me, sir. 

GM T-Bone

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
  • @GMBoneKC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2018, 12:53:04 AM »
Line-Up
PG - Johnny Corner
SG - Ken Johnson
SF - Phillip Robinson
PF - Deshawn Cummings
C - Ronnie Brown
6th - Brad Potter
7th - Ray Finley
8th - Cory Jackson
9th - Brian Knight
10th - Jerry Sankes
11th - Brian Franklin
12th - Lance Carr
13th - Joey Grant
14th - Chad Linton
15th - Maurice Durham

Minutes
PG - Johnny Corner - 27
SG - Ken Johnson - 27
SF - Phillip Robinson - 24
PF - Deshawn Cummings - 28
C - Ronnie Brown - 34
SG/PG - Brad Potter - 21
C - Ray Finley - 18
PF/SF - Cory Jackson - 9
C/PF - Brian Knight - 9
SG - Jerry Sankes - 9
PG - Brian Franklin - 10
SG/SF - Lance Carr - 9
SF/SG - Joey Grant - 5
SF/SG - Chad Linton - 5
PF/SF - Maurice Durham - 5

Offense
Coach's Decision

Team Captains
Ken Johnson
DeShawn Cummings

PR
Brad Potter (3MM) "Showtime"
1 Mil - 'Showtime Brad Potter' ad spot. In this digital ad spot, done in the style of an ESPN 30 for 30, a narrator compares The Potter to the Showtime era of basketball, showing the similarities in game film from that era and The Potter's highlights from high school and college. The narrator acts as a faux archivist, talking up the struggles and the triumphs in The Potter's career. The spot ends with The Potter standing on the Fort Worth Stars logo, where he flashes a smile, winks at the camera, and drains a half-court shot. The word 'Showtime' displays on the scoreboard, and the ad fades to black.

1 Mil - 'The Potter's Showtime Fan Zone' - Install a new section inside the arena for ticketed fans to be able to watch the game on massive big screen TVs while enjoying great amenities such as a new resturant, games of chance and skill, and other great entertainment pieces that fans in this section could enjoy before, during, or after the game.

500K - Billboard Blitz. In keeping with the theme of our ad campaign, we will install digital billboard spaces all over the Fort Worth-Dallas area to feature Showtime Brad Potter and the Fort Worth Stars, with helpful information to let fans know when the next time you could see The Potter and The Stars.

500K - 'Downtown Block Party'. Before the first home game of the season, we will throw a massive block party downtown to welcome The Stars first draft pick to the city. There we be food vendors, crafts, games, music, and arts, and there is no fee to join the block party. A portion of proceeds from vendors will be donated on The Potter's behalf to the United Way of Fort Worth.

Ray Finley (2.5MM) "Finley Is Forever"
1 Mil - 'Finley is Forever' Ad spot. In this digital ad spot, Finley narrates a noir style film about his upbringing, and his journey to the SBA. Finley also narrates a profile on Texas fans, and his relationship with them. The film portrays Finley as the hardworking man he is, but emphasizes his larger than life size in these routine shots. Finley has short scenes of him doing blue collar work, but framed in a way to show off his larger than life persona and skill set. Finally, Finley is seen on top of a building, overlooking downtown Fort Worth watching the sunset, and proclaiming "Finley Is Forever" as the sun sets on his city.

1 Mil - 'Forever Merchandise' Commission our retailers and partners to create a new line of merchandise for Finley, including shirts, shorts, hats, long-sleeves, jackets, and hoodies, using the latest athletic fabric technology available to our suppliers.

500k - The Ray Finley Scholarship. Establish the Ray Finley Scholarship, to provide scholarships to local athletes from low-income backgrounds to attend the University of Houston, or any of its satilite campuses.

Training
Brad Potter - Shooting
Ray Finley - Shooting
Brian Franklin - Shooting