Author Topic: TEAM : NEW JERSEY DRAGONS  (Read 128631 times)

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 7
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM : NEW JERSEY DRAGONS
« Reply #3050 on: January 10, 2019, 01:10:00 AM »
I do too, we've played some contested games, that's all I can ask for. These guys are being competitive and we're starting to come together. Reginald played a steady game, and our guys did their thing on the ground and air. Although, its tough news to hear Luis Paulson's going to be out for a week or two. Do you think Desmond Hunter can take over outside or do you think we should shift Richard DeJesus over at CB2?

Talon

• High Impact Football League Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: January 10, 2019, 11:11:09 PM »

I prefer DeJesus.
GM Kirk [21|May 12:29 AM]:   When trade fever hits, math is the first casualty.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: January 10, 2019, 11:40:09 PM »
Noted. Just so you know, I'm planning on doing an appreciation night for Coach Benson Stark come Week 4. Once I get the paperwork finalized and hash out the details, we should be set. I think it's just as interesting because we play St. Paul that week. I hope you and the team have fun with that game Coach Swope. Other than that, I'll let you go, I want to call Coach Stark and tell him the news. That is unless you want to stick around and talk to him too.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: January 10, 2019, 11:48:00 PM »

We talk quite regularly, so I will wait until I see him at the game.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: January 11, 2019, 12:31:35 AM »
Alright, that's fine, tell the other coaches that I said good luck and thank you.

Ms. Tong, is there any way we can see if my uncle Benson is available on the phone, please?

Uncle Benson? Hey, it's Henry, I just wanted to call and say a few things: 1) What an off-season and 2) I wanted to tell you some good news. We plan on holding a special night for you in Week 4 against St. Paul at home. It's a ceremony that Mr. Tong thought would be a good idea to help lift some spirits in New Jersey and also give you a night to celebrate your career. People love you here and wanna have a night where they get to relive some good times when you were at the helm of it all. We wanna make it special for you, I just thought I'd call you and let you know what we were planning to do for you.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: January 11, 2019, 12:54:08 AM »

I love the sound of that, Thank you very much. I can't wait to be there.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: January 11, 2019, 01:10:28 AM »
Take care Uncle Benson, see you in Jersey.

Ms. Tong, after I send off the paperwork to the league office, I want you to send the following changes to the coaching staff:

NICKEL DEFENSE
LDE- Adam Stringer
RDE- Daniel Gossett
LDT- Frank Combs
RDT- Joseph Brandenburg
MLB- Eros Jackson
SLB- Richard Marino
LCB- Leslie Keefer
RCB- Richard DeJesus
NB- Desmond Hunter

FS- Christopher Glenn
SS- Anteros Jackson

3-3-5 DEFENSE
LDT- Marlon Handley
NT- Joseph Brandenburg
RDT- Daniel Gossett
LLB- Eros Jackson
MLB- Richard Marino
RLB- Roger Barrett
LCB- Leslie Keefer
RCB- Richard DeJesus
NB- Desmond Hunter

FS- Christopher Glenn
SS- Anteros Jackson

LOCK IN.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: January 17, 2019, 01:30:09 AM »
How's it goin' everyone let's get this started.

1. Talk us through this weeks game. What went wrong?  What went right?

We did a great establishing our presence on the offensive side of the ball. Once again getting the running game going opened up everything for us. Joan Swope being the defensive great that he is doing an amazing job with his schemes. I also have to give our Defensive Coordinator Felix Duran props for helping our secondary play well after Luis Paulson went down. Everything communicated, everyone played with focus and I'm proud of them. Despite some pass protection hiccups here and there we played great. Like I said we had to watch out for their defensive line, especially Jerry Worthington if we wanted to win this thing and for the most part we did just that.

2. The XFL and AAF have been very quiet since their championship games received very low viewership, do you believe there is room for that many professional football league's in America?

Sometimes there really is too much of a good thing. I love football, it's great, but sometimes fans can get burned out on a game that happens once every year. There's going to be oversaturation, and I'm sure the owners of both leagues know this. There's going to have to find their niche and go with that if they want to survive because those numbers are a bit troubling on their behalf.

3. Talk about something going on around the league this season that has interested you in one way or another.

Ace Profits has gone on record of saying Mr. Tong has been spying on their practices. Nevermind Coach Swope is a great coach who last year led a great defense in St. Paul. That's throwing dirt on that man's name and to respond to such an outlandish accusation with no proof shows that Ace Profits is nothing more than a dullard playing Owner. He can say whatever he wants to these other GM's, I'm not taking the bait. They lost and we won, so we'll leave it at that.

4. What do you make of the incredible season Jamie Ortega is having this year, first place in passing and rushing TDs, as well as rushing yards all while only having one interception on the season.. is that MVP Caliber in your eyes, and if not, who is your early favorite for league MVP?

The guy's been doing this way before I took this job. This is who Jamie Ortega is, and he's doing it in style. I got nothing but respect for the man. If he keeps this up at this pace I don't see why he wouldn't be MVP.

5. Talk to us about your upcoming game this week.  What will be the key to victory?

This game is important to us because we hope to celebrate my uncle's long career in New Jersey. We announced earlier this week that we'd be having an appreciation night for Coach Benson Stark. This is for the New Jersey fans, a night celebrating what it means to be a Dragon. I read the news report that GM Rebel picked up Corey Rizzo so now they have someone under center who can sling the ball. Our defense has to be prepared for any and all looks they might give us. I'm sure this would mean a lot to Coach Swope being able to coach against his former team and win. We do what we did last game, we play disciplined and play fast. I think we can take this home game if we follow that formula again.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: January 17, 2019, 07:32:37 PM »

You earn my respect with your handling of this week's news.. well done.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: January 18, 2019, 12:32:58 AM »
It's nothing at all considering the kind of reputation you have around the league. You're a good coach who orchestrated a dominating win. I'll defend your credentials against anyone who says otherwise. But let's get past that, we got a big Week 4 game against St. Paul. Is there anything that you see in this St. Paul game that you want to talk about? We got time.

Talon

• Administrator
  • The 30,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 50019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3060 on: January 18, 2019, 01:32:56 PM »

I know many of their players well. if we run well and stop their run game, we will prosper.

GM Stark

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: January 18, 2019, 07:26:49 PM »
Alright, we're going to run with what we got. Let's win this one for Coach Stark and the Jersey fans Coach Swope.

LOCK IN.