Author Topic: The NEW WWE Prediction Contest  (Read 37 times)

GM Powers

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9011
  • All books are children's books if the kid can read
    • View Profile
The NEW WWE Prediction Contest
« on: May 05, 2019, 07:11:40 PM »
Welcome to the retooled, revamped, new & improved WWE Prediction Contest!  This season we will be introducing the concept of "Blocks".  Read on....

THE RULES:

1 - I will post a thread for each PPV (at a bare minimum at least >24 hours before the event, however I will endeavor to post it several days prior when possible). It will list the announced matches, along with 10 bonus questions. All you have to do is indicate clearly (via bolding, underlining or using color) who you think will win each match - you can also predict a non-finish for any contest by writing "NO CONTEST" or "DRAW" and bolding/underlining/colorizing it.

2 - You may post your predictions at any time after I've posted the thread, and are free to amend your post until the deadline.

3 - The contest will close when the defined deadline is reached. Entries/amendments made after this time WILL result in your entry being disqualified for that PPV.

4 - Each card will feature 10 Bonus Questions.  The questions will vary per card, but there will usually be 2-3 questions where only 1 person will receive points for a correct guess (ie "closest without going over" type of questions). 

5 - The tiebreakers will be as follows:
   ~ 1st tiebreaker = match questions answered correctly
   ~ 2nd tiebreaker = bonus questions answered correctly
   ~ 3rd tiebreaker = # of specified specialty matches guessed correctly (M/W Royal Rumble, M/W MITB)

6 - Everyone will have 1 "free pass" per season.  If for whatever reason you do not get your submission up in time, you simply need to contact me (via PM or Discord) and inform me that you wish to use your free pass.  This will earn you a score equal to the average score in the event (both match and bonus scores).  I will NOT do this automatically - you MUST inform me you wish to do this. 

7 - This season will be broken into 4 separate "blocks".  When each block is over, players will be awarded points based on their standings in the block.  1st place will receive 10 points, 2nd place will receive 9 points, 3rd will receive 8 points, etc. 
   ~ Block 1: Money in the Bank thru NXT Takeover: Toronto
   ~ Block 2: Summerslan thru Survivor Series
   ~ Block 3: TLC thru NXT Takeover: Tampa
   ~ Block 4: WrestleMania 36   

8 - The points from all 4 blocks will be added together post WrestleMania 36 to determine the winner!

9 - The Mod's decisions are final.

10 - Have fun everyone!

HALL OF CHAMPIONS:

SEASON 1:
Payback 2014 - Wrestlemania 31

WINNER: Powers - 83 (66 + 17)
RUNNER UP: Gooch - 78 (64 + 14)

SEASON 2:
Extreme Rules 2015 - Wrestlemania 32

WINNER: Powers - 149 (126 + 23)
RUNNER UP: Gooch - 148 (120 + 28)

SEASON 3: