Author Topic: Ontario Dinos  (Read 270 times)

GM Justin

• SBA Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 23
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
Ontario Dinos
« on: June 28, 2020, 12:03:45 PM »

Owner: Dustin Blair
Secretary: Ms. Rex

Season 1: 26-16
Season 2: 24-18
Season 3: 13-29

« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 07:09:27 PM by Talon »

GM Justin

• SBA Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 23
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
Re: Ontario Dinos
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 05:07:30 PM »
Current team sheet

GM Justin

• SBA Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 23
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 12:10:23 AM »

"The Ontario Dinos are looking for their first ever General Manger.  If you're interested let me know."

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 03:37:30 PM »
Hey yo, I'm GM Franchise and I have extensive experience being a general manager in multiple sports leagues. I'm looking to start back with a new team since I had to step away. I started as a basketball GM so this is a logical place to start. I want to make this team into a winner by building it from the ground up using the draft, trades, and free agency. I think I can do it over a span of a few seasons if given the chance.

GM Justin

• SBA Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 23
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 09:04:21 PM »

"Grr..Mr. Franchise I must say your reputation precedes you so I'll get right to it.  Have you changed?"

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 09:10:30 PM »
Yeah I have. I made the playoffs my last go around as a general manager if that answers your question.

GM Justin

• SBA Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 23
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 06:06:05 PM »

"Based on the current roster, what would be your plan in terms of building a complete team?"

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 07:04:03 PM »
Based on your current roster, freeing up cap space would be ideal to set up a long term plan. Only having one million of cap space is not ideal. You have three high salaried point guards on the roster. Trading one or two of them would alleviate that. Getting Cockle on a team friendly contract after this season would be perfect. Iíd keep him so he could finish his career here for a title with a team friendly contract after this season if thatís possible. I like Blackman too. Trading for or drafting an SG is a priority going by this roster. Itís a definite weak spot but having a scorer there paired with any of the PGs would be perfect. The team is solid at SF. PF is another weak spot. I would definitely upgrade it to get a player who can rebound and score inside. I like the situation at Center too. Getting a contract extension for Kevin Bennett would be a priority. Going by that my plan would be to upgrade PF and SG plus get more cap space to help with both free agency and improving the bench.

GM Justin

• SBA Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 23
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 07:27:53 PM »

"That sounds like a solid plan.  Now my question is are you willing to stick to it?  Meaning, if something doesn't go your way, are you going to hit the big fucking red button...grr"

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 07:37:34 PM »
Iím willing to stick with it. No big red buttons will be pushed. This team can be a championship contender if the plan is implemented the way it is intended.

GM Justin

• SBA Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 23
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2020, 08:02:19 PM »

"Grrr....I'm putting my trust in you.  Fuck it up and I'll tear you to shreds.  Should you accept Ms. Rex will give you the details."

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2020, 08:03:58 PM »
I definitely accept. Thank you for the opportunity.

GM Justin

• SBA Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 23
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2020, 04:47:57 PM »

Grrr....Mr. Franchise, nice to meet ya.  Mr. Blair has offered you a contract for 2 years and $2mm per season that can be used in the off-season for scouting.  The league is currently finalizing certain details, but in the meantime feel free to reach out to the coaching staff.  And of course, if you need anything let me know.  Just remember, you can look, but not touch."

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2020, 09:35:27 PM »
Sounds good to me, Ms. Rex. Thank you for that info. Iíll talk to the coaching staff and get a feel of things. Can you send in Head Coach Chad Curry please, thank you.

ó-

Hello Chad, my name is James Franchise and Iím the new general manager here in Ontario. Iím interested in finding out about the team and your thoughts about the players currently on the roster.

GM Justin

• SBA Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 23
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2020, 09:06:02 PM »

"Pleasure to meet you James.  I looking forward to working with you.  Before I get to the team, I must disclose something.  I am intense....and I mean fuckin' intense when it comes to basketball.  I ride these guys hard because I know what it takes to be a champion.  We haven't had any success yet and it's starting to piss me off.....but I digress.

We have almost a complete roster, but no cap space.  We have depth at point guard that we can leverage, only problem is we are old at point guard as well.  However, our biggest issue is scoring.  We don't have that one guy that averages 25 a game, but has a tendency to put up some 40 and 50 point games."

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2020, 09:44:45 PM »
I agree with you. This team is due for some success and thatís what I plan on bringing here. I noticed that with the point guard situation too so there will have to be some trading done to get us some cap space and younger talent. Blackman is definitely our long term option there going by the ages. Scoring is what we need so bringing in some scorers will be the top priority. Weíre going to need players with a high levels of work ethic and leadership qualities as well from the sound of it.

GM Justin

• SBA Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 23
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2020, 11:29:49 AM »

"That is correct."

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2020, 04:50:30 PM »
As far as leadership and work ethic goes, do we have some players that have high levels of that on the roster? Those players will be on our no trade list and building a foundation starting with them will be the most logical route to becoming a top team.

GM Justin

• SBA Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 23
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2020, 05:36:47 PM »

"Cockle, Bennett, and Christian don't need to go anywhere.  I like Blackman and Hester as well."

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2020, 07:02:28 PM »
Good to know. The four players I was looking at building around plus Hester so weíre definitely on the same page there. I think we need to look strongly at the SG position and adding an inside scorer who can rebound. That will give us seven guys who we can build around and in the process free up some cap space to bring in bench role players who can compliment them. If that happens this team is an immediate playoff contender.

GM Justin

• SBA Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 23
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2020, 11:15:42 AM »

"Agreed."

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2020, 03:51:55 PM »
As far as scoring and rebounding goes who are the two best players on the team in those categories? Iím asking so I can bring in a scorer and a rebounder in the draft or FA to pair up with our guys.

GM Justin

• SBA Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 23
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2020, 07:17:11 PM »

"Scoring...Cockle at 20.3 ppg and Christian at 17.2 ppg. Rebounding...Bennett at 7.2 rpg and Cockle at 7 rpg"

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2020, 05:40:29 PM »
Perfect. Sounds like we need one or two more scorers and another inside rebounder. I think the team is in good shape overall. It just needs a few more pieces to be a championship contender.

GM Justin

• SBA Moderator
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 23
  • Batter up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2020, 06:39:20 PM »

"Agreed."