Author Topic: Secret Hitler BLUE - 5 RED - 5 LIBERAL WIN  (Read 4833 times)

GM Dougie

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 20
  • GM Fresh
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Hitler BLUE - 4 RED - 5
« Reply #550 on: November 03, 2020, 07:29:47 AM »
The government has come to a decision and have enacted a....

BLUE POLICY

Which means LIBERALS WIN!

----

Wow what a game! Thanks all for playing! Please chat about the game and compile any questions you may have. I'll answer them and talk about the game later or tomorrow after everyone's had a chance to discuss. Best game of Hitler on the boards so far IMO.

RobH

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Hitler BLUE - 5 RED - 5 LIBERAL WIN
« Reply #551 on: November 03, 2020, 07:35:28 AM »
Obvious question, who was Hitler? Who lied about policies? And how fascist was Kirk?

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 03, 2020, 07:37:03 AM »
Good game everyone. Game changing moment for me was Oldfield killing powers instead of going with Ed like he had thought of doing. If Powers hadn’t been killed I think we had planted enough seeds of doubt to get the win.

Also, Fosters had the worst luck but how I was counting the deck in my head was not how it should have been counted since policies get removed entirely from the deck once they’re played (which I wasn’t taking into account). But that’s why I was arguing so hard that the 3 straight triple red deck was unlikely. With 4 blues out it wasn’t unlikely at all but I didn’t realize that until after Ed killed me and I was talking to Doug.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 03, 2020, 07:37:49 AM »
And Rob, Kirk was so fascist that he was Hitler. Franchise was the other fascist

GM Fosters

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 03, 2020, 07:41:04 AM »
There was a point where I was public enemy number 1, after being “the most liberal player” in the game. I got so wound up that when I was arguing with powers, some of the things I was saying made me look like a facist lol!

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: November 03, 2020, 07:51:06 AM »
That's what I'm saying, Fosters. If Oldfield had killed Ed after passing a red and having been handed a government by you I think it was game over in favor of the fascists.

As for Rob's question about lies about draws. I think Powers lied about his hand early on with Kirk as his chancellor. And I think Franchise lied about his draw with Fosters as his chancellor since there was two blue cards left in the deck total at the end, and in the 2nd run through of the deck only one blue card was ever confirmed to have been discarded and that was the one that Ed had passed on to me when I played the red he had given.

All in all good game. I think personally I played my position to strongly during the government with Fosters as president at it really left me being pretty blatantly fascist at that point.

GM Oldfield

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 03, 2020, 09:06:02 AM »
Great game. Had a bit of everything and I think I thought at least every player was facist. Surprised by Rob tho he kept that a secret!

Yeah, Powers death was the turning point. Although I’d like to see how many reds came out in a row!
Aut vincere, aut mori

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 03, 2020, 10:41:02 AM »
Yeah I lied about my draw. My play was to look for who lied about their cards when it was me and my teammates the whole time. It worked though with the chaos it caused after. We were losing big time before that lol.

GM Powers

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
  • Trust the process
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 03, 2020, 11:55:46 AM »
There was a point where I was public enemy number 1, after being “the most liberal player” in the game. I got so wound up that when I was arguing with powers, some of the things I was saying made me look like a facist lol!

That was the point, lol. I started to push a narrative, and your reaction made it easy to continue that narrative.

My original intent when picking Kirk as my chancellor was to give him early town cred for endgame purposes. Or at the worst, if he surmised I was fascist and chose a red over a blue, I’d back him up and say I was dealt 3 red. All that went out the window when I was legitimately dealt three red cards. My attempt to give Hitler good standing completely blew up in my face with a bad, bad draw early.

I picked Ed to investigate because, knowing his play style, he’d eventually rub people the wrong way. If I were ever suspected (or killed - THANKS Oldfield!) he’d be less trusted by extension.

GM Bennett

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 03, 2020, 12:05:36 PM »
This game took forever lol. Congrats to Liberals for finally getting the dub.

I have to say though, even though they were Liberal Rob and Fosters rubbed me the wrong way. More so Fosters throughout the whole game. He was so defensive and even called Pancho a whiny bitch out of nowhere which was completely uncalled for. Acting as if Pancho didn't have a reason to be pissed off that he got bent over, lied to and fucked smooth over by Rob after he said he'd go vote for him but flipped the switch and went with Oldfield. That was one of the scummiest shit ever and then act like Pancho had no right to be mad? That didn't sit right with me at all.

I also think it's hilarious how much Franchise was conning and how hard he was tryna sell himself being Liberal. I thought he might've fucked himself trying to change votes (not knowing you couldn't change ur vote).

MVP's of the game imo for both sides were

Liberal: Stevie & Pancho. Rob was up there up until that screw job on Pancho
Fanciest: Kirk & Drew. You could throw Franchise in there with how long he lasted and constantly being under the radar and selling himself being Liberal as much as he did

Ed gets a honorable mention for taking Drew out. I think Drew probably would've lived if he passed a Blue Policy and trying to bye time but I think he just wanted out and the game to come to an end already so bit the bullet.

HIFL S12 EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR

GM Fosters

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 03, 2020, 12:18:44 PM »
I called Pancho that because I didn’t think Rob had promised him that he’d pick him as chancellor. I got frustrated with how long the games gone on- I knew that Pancho, rob and Oldfield were all liberal so just wanted a liberal government to be voted in.

Didn’t need Pancho with a hero complex delaying things

GM Pancho

• IMPACT BOWL V, X, & XIII CHAMPION!
  • The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 33333
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 03, 2020, 12:24:29 PM »
Not a hero complex. Sorry Ed for thinking you were fascist. Looks my initial read was right when I called franchise the last fascist initially.

Powers I knew it was you the second you agreed with my old post from a different game to pick Kirk as your chancellor plus your response to me gameplay was so positive and out of left field it felt wrong.

GM Oldfield

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 03, 2020, 02:12:47 PM »
I don’t think Drew could have played a blue policy at that point we would have won.
Aut vincere, aut mori

GM Lucas

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 65535
  • Winning starts Now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 03, 2020, 05:30:19 PM »
Well played by Kirk, and damn I read pancho all wrong. That got close

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 03, 2020, 05:43:51 PM »
Honestly I'm shocked the game went on as long as it did lol.

GM Pancho

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 33333
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 03, 2020, 05:54:48 PM »
Well played by Kirk, and damn I read pancho all wrong. That got close

You never answered what I did to tip you in that direction. Help a brother out?

GM Kirk

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 7986
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 03, 2020, 08:04:16 PM »
I couldn't believe the game kept going when the liberals were 4-1 up. A question for Franchise: why didn't you clear me instead of Oldfield? It made painting Oldfield as fascist really hard.

GM Dougie

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 20
  • GM Fresh
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 03, 2020, 09:30:56 PM »
So let me talk about voting.

This game featured only the 2nd time in all the games of Hitler where someone wanted to do a vote change. I ultimately decided against it and I'll make sure it's in the rules for future games. In order to best reflect the live version, when government is picked, everyone at the table votes simultaneously.

My options are to have everyone PM it to me or thread. I don't want those pms. So in reality you should only get that 1 shot each time to vote.

I'll post cards and stuff tomorrow. Any other questions?

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 03, 2020, 09:53:07 PM »
I couldn't believe the game kept going when the liberals were 4-1 up. A question for Franchise: why didn't you clear me instead of Oldfield? It made painting Oldfield as fascist really hard.

Probably because he was getting close to figuring me out. Him and Fosters we’re onto me so I used it to cover myself especially after giving Fosters 2 reds. My strategy was to create chaos since we were down 4-1 when I did that. It was pure strategy and it started a red comeback which was perfect. This

GM Pancho

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 33333
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 03, 2020, 10:28:38 PM »
Probably because he was getting close to figuring me out. Him and Fosters we’re onto me so I used it to cover myself especially after giving Fosters 2 reds. My strategy was to create chaos since we were down 4-1 when I did that. It was pure strategy and it started a red comeback which was perfect. This

I was wondering about that Oldfield clearance myself. Didn’t understand it as a logical game move so it threw me off. But not off you I just couldn’t explain why that move was done.

RobH

• Rookie
  • Beef / Broccoli 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: November 04, 2020, 02:23:28 AM »
I don't think you can say Kirk played an MVP game. He was very clearly not liberal as soon as Powers died and his effectiveness in the thread was gone. I would say Franchise played an MVP scum game.

As for liberal MVP, I dont think I promised Pancho anything and I think my reason for voting Oldfield was justified. He was the better shot at going all the way with votes and he subsequently proved that. Pancho kicking up a fuss had me almost convinced he was Hitler lol

GM Pancho

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 33333
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 04, 2020, 03:34:56 AM »
Yeah didn’t “kick up a fuss”

I ask questions to force people to make decisions. When you said you’d pick me, then changed your opinion THEN dismissed me questioning why you changed your mind are all not liberal play moves.

I do entertain the option my reads are wrong. Should’ve just done what you said you would. Turns out I was electable.

GM Dougie

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 20
  • GM Fresh
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 04, 2020, 08:18:18 AM »
Ok as promised here's stuff

Initial Deck: (having a blue at one of the last 2 cards sucks for libs because it doesn't get to be a part of the first re-shuffle)

Red
Blue
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red
Blue
Blue
Red
Blue
Red
Red
Red
Blue
Red
Blue

First shuffle of the discards: (really shitty luck for the libs)

Red
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red
Red
Blue
Red
Red

Second shuffle of the discards: (bad for the fascists having a blue in the top 3)

Red
Red
Blue
Red
Red
Red
Red
Blue

Governments:
Rob/Fosters 1 blue 2 reds Blue played
Powers/Kirk 3 reds Red played
Pancho/Lucas 2 blues 1 red Blue played
Justin/Fosters 1 blue 2 reds Blue played
Oldfield/Lucas 1 blue 2 reds Blue played
Franchise/Fosters 1 blue 2 reds Red played
Fosters/Lucas 3 reds Red played
Special governmentOldfield/Rob 3 reds Red played
Kirk/Eli failed
Eli/Pancho failed
Lucas/Eli 1 blue 2 reds Red played
Rob/Oldfield failed
Pancho/Oldfield 1 blue 2 reds Blue played

Presidential Powers:

Both policy peeks were won by fascists which was inconsequential to the game since they knew everyone's role already.

Oldfield and Lucas used their kills properly. Fascists really needed to be president for one of those two kills.

----

Inactivity hurt the game towards the end. Yeah it dragged on a bit but thats partly on those not or barely participating. Remember if you sign up to play, barring crazy circumstances please keep an eye on the game. Voting goes in 24 hours so you could be the reason something fails.

GM Dougie

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 20
  • GM Fresh
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 04, 2020, 08:20:43 AM »
MVP of the game....tough decision. I think the player who played the most liberal game the entire game was Oldfield. And he got the kill correct when he had a chance.

Also Fosters. Listen, he was the only player who pegged everyone correct. (Trust me Panch loves to hit me up on the side and keep a running diary of his reads it makes me giggle) He started to look bad later on because he knew he was right but tried everything he could to convince everyone and they were turning it against him so he was like fuck it. Lol.

GM Eli

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 04, 2020, 08:27:47 AM »
Yeah the odd thing of having fascists clear two liberals seems like a wasted opportunity for my team. As does Franchise voting so quick on the government that he tried to invite on. If that government doesn’t pass then Oldfield doesn’t get a kill. Kirk probably still gets voted down because it felt like most people were against him. But Powers would have been alive and I think I could have gotten a government with Pancho to pass at that point. Especially since Oldfield wouldn’t have had quite as much cred without the fascist kill on Powers.

Really good game in spite of it stalling out at the end.

GM Bennett

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 04, 2020, 11:44:22 AM »
I don't think you can say Kirk played an MVP game. He was very clearly not liberal as soon as Powers died and his effectiveness in the thread was gone.

As for liberal MVP, I dont think I promised Pancho anything and I think my reason for voting Oldfield was justified. He was the better shot at going all the way with votes and he subsequently proved that. Pancho kicking up a fuss had me almost convinced he was Hitler lol

I'm saying Kirk gets a MVP nod because he was Hitler and you guys didn't even take him out. Granted you didn't know he was Hitler and neither did he but him lasting as long as he did and being Hitler gets him that imo.

And you didn't have to "promise" Pancho anything. You don't sit there and say you're gonna do something then go back on it, then sit there and act as if Pancho shouldn't be mad about being lied to and fucked on. Like he had every right to be pissed about that but looking and treating him as if he was in the wrong for feeling that way? That's scummy as fuck lol

Yeah didn’t “kick up a fuss”

I ask questions to force people to make decisions. When you said you’d pick me, then changed your opinion THEN dismissed me questioning why you changed your mind are all not liberal play moves.

I do entertain the option my reads are wrong. Should’ve just done what you said you would. Turns out I was electable.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HIFL S12 EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR

GM Fosters

• The 500 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 04, 2020, 01:25:11 PM »
MVP of the game....tough decision. I think the player who played the most liberal game the entire game was Oldfield. And he got the kill correct when he had a chance.

Also Fosters. Listen, he was the only player who pegged everyone correct. (Trust me Panch loves to hit me up on the side and keep a running diary of his reads it makes me giggle) He started to look bad later on because he knew he was right but tried everything he could to convince everyone and they were turning it against him so he was like fuck it. Lol.

This, lol!

GM Oldfield

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 04, 2020, 04:00:50 PM »
Lol the only reason I felt you were liberal is I know how naturally aggressive you are and even then I had my doubts lol
Aut vincere, aut mori

GM Kirk

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 7986
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 05, 2020, 02:10:25 AM »
Once it was 4-1, any chance for subtlety went out the window. I guessed Powers and Eli were fascist so had to vote down any government without them. Didn't peg Franchise because he just didn't help us at all other than the red policy he forced on Oldfield.

GM Kirk

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 7986
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 05, 2020, 02:11:05 AM »
Forced on Fosters. Clearly Oldfield was completely bizarre

GM Franchise

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 19
  • #BEECAGE
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 05, 2020, 03:36:13 AM »
Give me some credit. We were down 4-1 and I got chaos created in the game thread which kept our team alive when we were on the verge of being eliminated.

GM Powers

• The 5,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 9013
  • Trust the process
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 07, 2020, 09:59:14 PM »
Thanks Doug, it was a great game! I look forward to the next go round!

GM Kirk

• The 1,000 Post Club
  • Beef / Broccoli 7986
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 08, 2020, 03:50:53 AM »
Franchise, I am giving you credit for keeping your head down so well.